• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Brawl Character Select Screen - No more Nominations. VOICE YOUR OPINIONS

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
Warning
The following are spoilers

This is sooo how its gonna turn out ;|

Thank you, thank you I am a photoshop genius >.> I created Lucas from a pic of ness.. and some blonde chicks hair I found. Neat huh? Theres no pic of lucas besides the pixelated ones.. so I went out of my way to create what i thought he would look like.

btw I vote FOR viewtiful joe.. hes an up and coming phenomenon.. with his bad as$ red goatee... he has a rediculous amount of fighting moves that could apply easily to super smash brothers.. AND hes cell shaded.. which makes for an intiresting new sheen look that everyone keeps telling me the only reason wind walker link deserves a spot... He is increasingly popular throughout many countries AND he is a 2nd Party Character... if not 1st i think.. for Nintendo.

And I vote Captain Olimar for the boot, because he lacks moves without an army of pikmin, he is less than 1 inch tall which really seems stupidly out of proportion trying to make him half the size of bowser... And he never has and never will be a combat capable character.

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
Wrath of Koarin... I was exactly like you for ages... but seriously.. I've done my studying.. and Geno has a bloody good chance. He's got alot of moves hes rediculously popular.. seeing as though he came tied third on both english and japanese official character polls. And he is powerful and small..

they could make him a reasonably easy character to knock off.. hes a really good new intiresting character to include to the mushroom kingdom clan.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Warning

Thank you, thank you I am a photoshop genius >.> I created Lucas from a pic of ness.. and some blonde chicks hair I found. Neat huh? Theres no pic of lucas besides the pixelated ones.. so I went out of my way to create what i thought he would look like.

btw I vote FOR viewtiful joe.. hes an up and coming phenomenon.. with his bad as$ red goatee... he has a rediculous amount of fighting moves that could apply easily to super smash brothers.. AND hes cell shaded.. which makes for an intiresting new sheen look that everyone keeps telling me the only reason wind walker link deserves a spot... He is increasingly popular throughout many countries AND he is a 2nd Party Character... if not 1st i think.. for Nintendo.

And I vote Captain Olimar for the boot, because he lacks moves without an army of pikmin, he is less than 1 inch tall which really seems stupidly out of proportion trying to make him half the size of bowser... And he never has and never will be a combat capable character.

^^good, but take out Ike, Lyn, and Demiru, and put in Bomberman, Capt. Olimar, and Mii.

The Lost Panda

Smash Rookie
Y'know, I haven't played the newer Pokemon nearly as much as Red/Blue/Green/Yellow, so I run at a disadvantage for knowing the newer ones. And there are still some awesome Pokemon that haven't even been thought of that would make great characters from the first set of Pokegames (or, if there are, I didn't feel like going through all the 41 pages to search :p ).

However, since there can be only one (nomination, that is)....and, given that quote, let's go with everyone's favorite green onion sword-wielding duck, Farfetch'd!

Seriously, it could work. Look this way (and I was mentioning this in the Pokemon thread): If you eval the playable Pokemon from the first two games, you have Pichu/Pikachu for speed, Jigglypuff for trickery/mindgames, and Mewtwo for raw power. Farfetch'd can be the finesse/technician of the group. No true projectiles (though, it'd be cool to have a throwing chive :D), sort-of a swordsman Fighter type...it could work.

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
Ok.. Ike and Lyn are popular characters from the same game as Marth... not only are they both more popular than Marth... BUT.. Lyn adds another female to the lineup to which Brawl desperately needed.

Demiru is another Japanese only character.. he is very popular in Japan.. and has a rediculously original arsenal of attacks, And he is Nintendo owned, not to meantion Sakurai himself has talked about Demiru being a very VERY intiresting addition to the cast and is looking forward to getting a rundown on his history.

Megaman IS A CLONE OF ASTROBOY.. the only reason Megaman was invented.. was because Astroboy creator tezuka wouldnt let nintendo make games on him.. So Nintendo made their own. Hes just.. no. Not to meantion that would make for 3 3rd party characters. Oh and hes just a crappy guy kiddy version of samus. :p

Umm... Zero.. no, Sigma?.. I dont know who that is.. and CRAPTAIN OLIMAR JUST WONT WORK GODDAMIT LOL

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
Warning

I created Lucas from a pic of ness.. and some blonde chicks hair I found. Neat huh? Theres no pic of lucas besides the pixelated ones.. so I went out of my way to create what i thought he would look like. .

Hea, cool man. Awesome Lucas, new Ness was needed. But can't you make place for a Mew, somewhere???That would be awesome.

OWH, Yeah! Who's Demiru???

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The second round has been going on forever. When will it end=??? Hope we can finally get to the third and fourth round, WW Link owns all, along with everyone else in my sig! :)

foxmaster101

Smash Cadet
Sonic would rock. Obviously since he's fast in his games he probably gonna be sort of like fox. Since he may be in brawl i think that maybe silver should be in. He would be like mewtwo most likely since he uses powers, but he should be much faster like sonic rather than mewtwo.Also he would just seem perfect in brawl. He would fit in perfectly. I request silver as a third party character.

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
This topic is still alive :O

Well guys, I hate to admit it but me and Pokemaster252 have decided to call off the nomination and voting idea due to... well boredom >_>

The good news is, we will be finishing this screen

Here's the character's we're thinking about adding (We also need to make some modification so because of this ZSS will be getting her own box, and one ? box will be getting removed to make an even 40)

So that leaves us with 9 characters to fill in.

Ones we are definetly considering

- King Dedede
- Fire Emblem Rep (Ike?)
- Earthbound Rep (Any advice?)
- Geno (Cause he does rightfully own a spot)

Other choices

- Megaman (?)
- King K. Rool
- Bowser Jr.
- Little Mac
- Lucario
- Balloon Fighter
- Animal Crossing Representative (Tom Nook would be the only reasonable choice here)

We won't be doing nominations anymore, but we'd love to hear your opinions. We haven't decided officially on who we will be using so your opinion could sway ours.

So shout away!

:034:

Smash Hero
The original Mega Man. The only good choice for the third third-party character, because...

1: His blaster and various techniques shown in games give him a lot of possibilities for a moveset.

2: THE largest video game series in history.

3: Origins on the NES, tons of games on GBA.

4: Nintendo and Capcom have a good 'relationship' (you don't just let another company make a Zelda game, especially not after the Philips CD-I).

Yeah.

Top Bottom