• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Brawl Character Select Screen - No more Nominations. VOICE YOUR OPINIONS

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
UPDATE AS OF 6/16/07

This topic is still alive :O

Well guys, I hate to admit it but me and Pokemaster252 have decided to call off the nomination and voting idea due to... well boredom >_>

The good news is, we will be finishing this screen!

Here's the character's we're thinking about adding (We also need to make some modification so because of this ZSS will be getting her own box, and one ? box will be getting removed to make an even 40)

So that leaves us with 9 characters to fill in.

Ones we are definetly considering

- King Dedede
- Fire Emblem Rep (Ike?)
- Earthbound Rep (Any advice?)
- Geno (Cause he does rightfully own a spot)

Other choices

- Megaman (?)
- King K. Rool
- Bowser Jr.
- Little Mac
- Balloon Fighter
- Animal Crossing Representative (Tom Nook would be the only reasonable choice here)

We won't be doing nominations anymore, but we'd love to hear your opinions. We haven't decided officially on who we will be using so your opinion could sway ours.

I would also like to add: Be thoughtful when you voice your opinions on this. I know there are some of you who want very specific characters, but we want to add characters that could logically make the cut. For example, Tom Nook would be a good choice simply because the Animal Crossing series needs a represenative.

We're trying to make these choices logical for the most part, so please keep that in mind. We would prefer it for you to comment on the choices we've already made but if there's an important (Keyword: Important) character you think we missed, feel free to call us out on it.

So without anymore time to waste, shout away!

-Original Post-
Hello all! Vaztor and *MARIO*/Pokemaster252 here. We are making our rounds around the internet to create the greatest Smash character select screen ever.

Why are we doing this? Boredom? Partly. To show our great devotion to the Smash series? Most definetly!

Here's the gist of it.
This is what we got so far.

We have slots open for 40 possible characters. A very reasonable number of characters for Brawl. 30 of these spots are filled with the most likely and most popular candidates. 10 of these spaces are left unknown.

That's where YOU come in.

We are going to several message boards across the internet and going to gather polling information to determine who are the most desired characters to appear in Brawl.

Here's how it works. Post who you would like to see filling in a spot on the screen.

YOU MAY ONLY POST ONE NOMINATION. If you post more than one your post will not be counted, so make sure it's the character you want most.

Once a character gains 5 nominations, he becomes eligible to appear on the screen. Once the nominations are completed we will hold a poll to determine who will be appearing. Once that is done, we will remove that character from the list.

Depending on the amount of characters that get nominated, we will decide if nominating more characters should be an option.

Understand? Lemme make sure you got that

-Post 1 character nomination.
Make it be a character you REALLY want cause for the time being you can only nominate ONCE. It can be any character as long as they fit Sakurai's guidelines of no anime/manga and they had to have appeared on a Nintendo system.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Excellent. Ice Climbers are a little iffy >.>;
ANYWAYS I say add Tom Nook cause of how sexy popular the Animal Crossing series was n_n

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
I nominate Sami from Advance Wars. Also...

It's 64 characters, and haven't removed Pichu(Dr Mario's the only one removed) since adding Pulseman in makes him a bit redundant(Thinking about removing Pichu to make space for either Team Rocket, or Dr Wright), but it's very accurate.

Elen

Smash Lord
This looks awesome. Throw Wolf and Falco up there ^.^ Dedede needs to be up there too.

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
I nominate Sami from Advance Wars. Also...

It's 64 characters, and haven't removed Pichu(Dr Mario's the only one removed) since adding Pulseman in makes him a bit redundant(Thinking about removing Pichu to make space for either Team Rocket, or Dr Wright), but it's very accurate.
64 characters isn't very accurate. >_>

And Falco IS on our character screen... XFD

and Remember guys. ONLY ONE nomination.

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
64 characters isn't very accurate. >_>

And Falco IS on our character screen... XFD

and Remember guys. ONLY ONE nomination.
Blah, Sora's probably programmed around 18-30 characters in Brawl right now. 40 characters was just a byproduct of the WWLink rumor, and with a release date extending into Christmas, more than 40 seems likely.

Croco

Smash Lord
Menu looks cool.. but where is the 3rd and 4th player selection?

Add Dr. Wright..
Get rid of Ridley. I know many will hate me for voting to remove Ridley.. but he is overrated and adding him in Smash Brothers as a playable character would ruin his character in the Metroid series. Though I do support that he makes in Brawl as a Boss only.

My over the top menu character selection-

Row 1: Mii, Dr. Wright, Spike, Geno, Professor E. Gadd, Kamek, Bowser Jr., Agahnim, Midna, Pious Augustus, Alexandra Roivas, Little Mac, Laughing Dog, Michael Jones, Mii.
Row 2: Tatanga, Ukkiki, Fawful, Wart, Toad, Peach, Bowser, Dark Samus, Ganondorf, Zelda/Shiek, Samurai Goroh, Mr. Game&Watch, Alice, Ice Climbers, Tom Nook.
Row 3: Waluigi, Captain Syrup, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Mario, Samus/Zamus, Link, Kirby, Captain Falcon, Ness, Flint, Marth, Zephiel.
Row 4: Mr. Stevenson, Stafy, Ricky Winterborn, K. Rool, Diddy Kong, Pikachu, Sonic, Mega-Man, Snake, Meta Knight, Fox, Krystal, Pit, Lyn, Ike.
Row 5: Mii, Marina Liteyears, Lucario, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Meowth, Ray 01, Captain Olimar, King DeDeDe, Wolf O'Donnell, Panther, Falco, Mii.

D

Deleted member

I nominate Ralph (Zelda).

Going well guys, keep up the good work.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I nominate Ike from Fire Emblem Path of Radiance. Yay for no Doc and Sheik on the character select screen! Finaly someone who realises they shouldn't come back.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Blah, Sora's probably programmed around 18-30 characters in Brawl right now. 40 characters was just a byproduct of the WWLink rumor, and with a release date extending into Christmas, more than 40 seems likely.
Really the forty thing was a rumor O_O. I feel embarssed:urg:. Put thats good it was a rumor cause I counted the slots on both screens and they had to many characters. without adding the veterans.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Nominate King Dedede, remove G&W.
I like him, but it the fact that pretty much NO ONE uses him.
I still like him though, but don't make him take up another slot.
And split the Zelda into Zelda/Sheik like the Samus one.

Where is the 3rd and 4th slot? And don't give any non-sense about '1v1 battles FTW'. Tell me you forgot or there wasn't space.

If you forgot, put it in, make it look the awesomest! (It is already, great job.)

EDIT: Perhaps place a link in every slot for the proposed move-set?

whitekirby

Smash Cadet
I say keep Capt. Olimar at all costs he is the coolest IMO. Also I nominate King Dedede.
Olimar FTW,

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright guys, 40-45 characters is the MOST reasonable number of characters. Sakurai already stated he won't be adding as many characters from the transition from the Original Smash into Melee.

Think about it this way. The ORIGINAL Smash had 12 characters. Melee had 26 characters. Thats an OVER 100% increase. Sakurai stated he will NOT be doing this again so at the absolute MOST we'll see 50 characters, however it's believed that there will be less than this so if you're expect WAY more than 40 characters you're gonna be dissappointed.

Secondly, we only have two character boxes because this is a Wi-Fi DUEL. Think how the recent Nintendo Wi-Fi games have worked. Imagine like a friend match where just me and *MARIO* want to play. The reason we don't have anymore boxes was due to space, and we wanted to make the screen look really nice. So we left it out. We DO have unactive characters boxes though so it's possible we could update in the future.

Thirdly, SHEIK IS STILL IN THE GAME. I REPEAT SHEIK IS STILL IN THE GAME. Sheik NEVER had a character box in Melee. Zelda will STILL transform into Sheik. Sheik has NOT been removed. I'm pretty sure Sakurai would be aware of Sheik's popularity and would NOT remove him.

and Fourthly, I'm in a shock at all of you who want Olimar removed in lue of WOLF. Olimar is a completely original and VERY likely character choice. Wolf on the otherhand only has developer potential to be original but would most likely end up very un-original in action. I think I'm gonna have a talk with *MARIO* if a character can be SAVED if enough people want him to. So for all those who don't wanna see Olimar go, VOICE YOUR OPINIONS cause if we do decide on this it'll be counted in the final vote.

But for all of you worried, me and *MARIO* are doing these nominations and polls across various message boards. So just because something becomes said so on THIS forum, we're going to account for the data along with the OTHER forums as well.

So far I have gotten this down.

King Dedede +3
Blaziken +1
Ira (FE) +1
Tom Nook +1
Dr Mario +1
Sami(AW) +1
Wolf +4
Dr Wright +1
Ralph +1
Ike +1
K. Rool +1
Ray(CR) +1
Zant +1

Olimar -4
Ridley -1
G&W -1

So keep on nominating guys! We need as many as possible.

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
Olimar -4
oh noes
Yea.. >_>

Don't worry though. We're gonna decide on something. I had no idea so many people would want such a cool and possible character choice removed XD

We're gonna figure out something. Like if 15 people on Smashboards say they want him out, but none on GameFAQs say so, we'll take it into account.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I must say, that is a very nice screen you've got there. My only real criticism is that I'd assume that they'd keep the level select screen separate, but other than that it's really well done.

You've also got a good selection of characters there, though there are several of my favourites missing and I'm struggling which one to nominate. I'm going to nominate Isaac though, as I'm pretty sure the others will be nominated by someone else, and I really do want Isaac (or Felix, but I'd prefer Isaac) to get in.

I'm also shocked by the Olimar hate, he's one of the most original characters you could add.

KingMewtwo1112

Smash Journeyman
Man..it's been a while.

Yeah, what the heck guys? Why no Olimar? >_>

Anyway, I guess Lucas from Mother 3. The series needs more Earthbound love. :p

pirkid

Smash Lord
Olimar, people just want others more. I like him.
And, contrast to my previous comment, the 2 extra boxes not being do make sene, I'm sorry bout that.
One question, why is there a box missing below Sonic? Just because of the 40-limit?

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
Alright guys, 40-45 characters is the MOST reasonable number of characters. Sakurai already stated he won't be adding as many characters from the transition from the Original Smash into Melee.

Think about it this way. The ORIGINAL Smash had 12 characters. Melee had 26 characters. Thats an OVER 100% increase. Sakurai stated he will NOT be doing this again so at the absolute MOST we'll see 50 characters, however it's believed that there will be less than this so if you're expect WAY more than 40 characters you're gonna be dissappointed.
To me, fake character lists seem to serve as time capsules. We guess which characters will be at release, and then laugh our heads off at how wrong we were once the game comes out.

They are removing characters, which implies an emphasis on creating characters. In Melee, there were about 2 stages for each and every character, excluding Ganondorf, Marth and Roy. There were plans to add more N64 stages, but the early release date ousted them out of the game. Apparently, at the beginning, there was a bit of doubt in Sakurai about his skills, but it seems to have cleared up now. Sakurai's words shouldn't be taken as absolute dogma. Only 20 of those 26 characters aren't clones.

Diddyrules

Smash Apprentice
Lyn from Fire Emblem is my nomination. If I could do two I'd nominate Hector from Fire Emblem as well, but since I'm limited to one, I have to go with Lyn.

Top Bottom