• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The UK Thread: Latest News/Players/Tournaments [London monthly!] [Leicester monthly!]

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Someone take off "Tails Chao" from the Falco list and put Jolteon in the Sheik list.

Also someone change my name to Jolteon on the Brawl GaW list.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I'd like to announce that I probably wont be hosting anything till the end of May/June

thanks for making all the tournaments and monthlies so successful and enjoyable everyone

Hope you all enjoyed GT2 too

Kone

Smash Master
There will be a large West Midlands monthly being ran at the end of June. Good chance itll take place in the venue to be used for SNY as a means for me to test run the venue and ship tvs up there so they are already in place for SNY.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Epic win =]

Gary said that he might sort out something in LC, and Brado might of found a new venue as well. Londoners better get yo *** over to EM!!!

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
btw i use fox, marth, metaknight and falco in brawl

and my name is C.R.Z now ( dont no how to change my name on here tho :( )

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
apex anyone? im actually considering it ,cost for flight is 250 or 300 depending on airport arrival

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I've got too much Middle Eastern blood in me to just hop over to America.

I'll get strip searched and held for 24 years.

Tamoo

Smash Master
cloudrain: I actually genuinely did some research into it myself too, really wanted to go to a US tournament this summer but I found that in general, even if you do somehow manage to find flights at 250, the whole overall experience may cost from 500 to 600 depending on how frugal you decide to be. I might start saving this year to go to a nice big one next year tho :)

Also, what's the next tournament gonna be in the UK?

Failing that, any major smash gettogethers coming up? looking at kone, em and nw in particular. Really feel like I'm slipping away from smash this year cos of where i live :/

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
cloudrain: I actually genuinely did some research into it myself too, really wanted to go to a US tournament this summer but I found that in general, even if you do somehow manage to find flights at 250, the whole overall experience may cost from 500 to 600 depending on how frugal you decide to be. I might start saving this year to go to a nice big one next year tho :)

Also, what's the next tournament gonna be in the UK?

Failing that, any major smash gettogethers coming up? looking at kone, em and nw in particular. Really feel like I'm slipping away from smash this year cos of where i live :/
frugal?
how is it gonna cost that much? i no tax is gonna suck but 500 - 600, really?

edit: just checked out the tax...yeah im def not going now lol

Tamoo

Smash Master
Even then, there are so many things to consider, travel in England, travel once you get to america, accomodation, entry fees, food, potential souveneirs etc, and im still probs missing out on obvious things.

frugal is being cheap, like hugo, hence his name, frugs :p

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Even then, there are so many things to consider, travel in England, travel once you get to america, accomodation, entry fees, food, potential souveneirs etc, and im still probs missing out on obvious things.

:laugh: is that really why frugs is called that?

C.R.Z

Smash Lord

i see lol, well im def gonna try and go pound 5 in jan

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone, I'm that new guy from London who doesn't want to bump the London thread linked in the first post seeing as it hasn't been used since 2009.
Smashboards is such a confusing mess, can someone direct me to a thread about the next London smashfest? Also, does anyone play in Norwich?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Hello everyone, I'm that new guy from London who doesn't want to bump the London thread linked in the first post seeing as it hasn't been used since 2009.
Smashboards is such a confusing mess, can someone direct me to a thread about the next London smashfest? Also, does anyone play in Norwich?
oh norwich? for the love of god, another east anglian smasher, yeah, theres two of us that go to norwich city college, send me a pm if you want

Top Bottom