• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The UK Thread: Latest News/Players/Tournaments [London monthly!] [Leicester monthly!]

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol Well it is quite possible.....he didn't actually edge cancel the Up B, he did the Up B and when he was falling which was for only a few frames he held forward and then slid off the edge.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I didn't think it was possible to get enough momentum that quickly lol ~_~

I mean... look at it.

Right after he used Up+B he's there. I've tried to do the hold forward thing when I up+b'd higher than that and I didn't move at all. :s I mean if I go very slightly higher then that does work but never at that height. -.-

Jolteon

Yeah I've done it a few times now so I definitely know it is possible, it just didn't make any sense to me at all. :s

But now that I know you can do it I'm happy ^____^

Jolteon

My life mission is to annoy you as much as possible and be a prick.

So yeah sorry :confused:

J03

Smash Master
edge cancels are amazing!

also sheik recovering with her aerial dodge is ridiculous. if your opponents on the edge and you aerial dodge up and accross and land on the stage, it completely switches the situation around

Jolteon

Just want to say congrats to Charles for repping the UK at Super Lion!

2nd in singles and 1st in doubles, good **** man.

VA

Smash Hero
Baxon is the only noteworthy player that fuzzy beat, I dont think poilon was there. Saying that I think he beat Makenshi in winners, but Makenshi went on to make an epic come back. Apparently he ***** doubles with Kjab.

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah that makes sense, if you went through winners finals, I forgot that you didn't have to play losers finals xD

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah makenshi is ****. It would have been better had more people been there though. I honestly didn't think Charles could beat Makenshi, it's a shame he let him comeback, it sounds like he had it... :(

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah beating Makenshi is absolute ****. Fact Charles has recently beat Makenshi and Adam in brackets means he is legit in Europe now. The tourney was only rally a French national in the end but there average standard i sbeter than ours so still good going charles ^_^

VA

Smash Hero
Hmm, I'm not sure you've been to a UK tournament in a while xD

But yeah I think the top 7 were pretty good.

Kone

Smash Master
See how you do in Berlin robby :). There has been one national tournament since the last one I went to and Im aware that you have been to one european tournament?!

VA

Smash Hero
See how you do in Berlin robby :). There has been one national tournament since the last one I went to and Im aware that you have been to one european tournament?!
lol did I say I could do what he did?

Also I don't think the national tournament london monthly distinction is even worth making. Since there are usually more people at the monthlies or just the same people that turn up to a national.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I think the disctinction will be noticable at GT2.

We actually havent a UK National in London for awhile so just because similar people who go London monthlies go to other National Tournaments outside of London it doesn't mean that the attendance for the London National will be the same.
If anything it kinda shows that London Nationals will be big.

And plus from the looks of it we are getting quite a few people out of London who don't even go to the London Monthlies coming to this AND plus the majority of the people who come on either one monthly or the other all coming in on the same day PLUS a hell of alot of randoms.

So imo I think the attendance difference will be noticable.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
London events are always huuuge cos London has a lot of players and cos they dont have to travel far, they all turn up. GT2 will be a lot bigger though cos of all the other smashers travelling

J03

Smash Master

Jolteon

I want to ask; does anyone have any experience in methods of breaking into their controller?

I've had my new pad for a while now.. I like it, the colour's nice and I don't have any more issues with a broken Z button (which.. for a Sheik player and ex-Marth player was absolutely devastating), but now I got an issue with my control stick being too new and it keeps snapping back into position. It's really annoying, I'm sure Prof will back me up here when I say that it makes reverse lasers a ***** (and even RNC is really annoying too).

So basically I'm asking if anyone knows a good way to loosen up the control stick to stop the snapback lol.

J03

Smash Master
use it lots for long periods of time.

sounds dumb and obvious but the only way to loosen the stick is to increase the temperature of the plastic untill it bends ever so slightly. The problem is theres no safe way of doing that apart from lots of playing with it =/.

Sticks, buttons and Shoulder buttons can all be fixed by replacing certain parts. The shoulder back changing the back of loosen/tightening the springs (tight springs are awesome). The regular buttons by changing the plastic pad underneath it. and the Sticks usually require a change of curcuit board, unless theres a way to change the stick but it seems mad tedious lol. All i can say is try switching the sticks (A and C) to see if it helps, that way you can find out if its the actual C-stick other then the mechanism.

Other then that just spin that stick about a million times in a row.

Jolteon

**** it lol, that's what I was guessing but I was hoping there was a shortcut. Maybe I'll just spin the control stick a million times in a row. xD Sonic Riders is good for that. >.>

ty though Joe, I'll look into your suggestions and see what I like best after I find out where I put my **** tri-wing screwdriver.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I want to ask; does anyone have any experience in methods of breaking into their controller?

I've had my new pad for a while now.. I like it, the colour's nice and I don't have any more issues with a broken Z button (which.. for a Sheik player and ex-Marth player was absolutely devastating), but now I got an issue with my control stick being too new and it keeps snapping back into position. It's really annoying, I'm sure Prof will back me up here when I say that it makes reverse lasers a ***** (and even RNC is really annoying too).

So basically I'm asking if anyone knows a good way to loosen up the control stick to stop the snapback lol.
Perhaps the most annoying thing with a controller is that gay snapback loool.
It just messes up your spacing, your lasers, your moves, your everything.....

But yeah as you said earlier I tihnk you should just play sonic riders cos the only way you're gonna loosen it is by over using it by spinning it in circle and going crazy with it.
There prob is a shortcut but I def don't know how to do it lol.

Kone

Smash Master
Alex why dont you just put your fancy new coloured controller onto a old stick? ive got plenty of controllers knocking about that are worn in.

Top Bottom