• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The UK Brawl Thread. News Flash: Hurricane Rev's session - Feb -19/02/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
loool Rev,
I found ur thread on this in the pool room, did u get any points for posting this topic, xysven didnt seem pleased lol.
lool nah, I didn't get any points for it. Xysven doesn't seem please at all. I guessed my thread was useful then :laugh::laugh:

that was the cutest thing i ever read, i dare you to say hi tomorrow

i wish i came to fuzzy's to see if you were good looking enough to have a chance with her
lool Me and her are friends. Infact, we say hi to each other when we walk pass each other but she dosen't know that i like her.

crewster

Smash Lord
Sory to hear that your day was bad.
My day was tereble. The rumor that I like (enter girls name that I like) was spread. The guy who spread it told her and what's worse is she didn't know who I am.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
All these people on smashboards are just struggling with girls due to a lack of confidence lol.
Tbh you people are gonna have to step out of your shell and be willing to say something.
Or atleast get close to her by saying something to her, if you don't summon up the courage sometime you could always be afriad to say something.
People should be more like me with overpowering confidence lol.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
All these people on smashboards are just struggling with girls due to a lack of confidence lol.
Tbh you people are gonna have to step out of your shell and be willing to say something.
Or atleast get close to her by saying something to her, if you don't summon up the courage sometime you could always be afriad to say something.
this advice is tooo pro

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Aww poor Rev. I do feel sorry for you. I agree with Pro u need to talk to her that seems to be the problem. Or get her drunk.....dependent on age. Friends is a good start though.

I felt even more sorry for crewster tho thats harsh. Punch the guy in front of her to show her how u solve ur problems. With unecessary force. I know ur 12 so getting her drunk is probably not a gd idea imo.

Also I'm probs gonna start playing brawl properly. Zelda/Diddy.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Aww poor Rev. I do feel sorry for you. I agree with Pro u need to talk to her that seems to be the problem. Or get her drunk.....dependent on age. Friends is a good start though.

I felt even more sorry for crewster tho thats harsh. Punch the guy in front of her to show her how u solve ur problems. With unecessary force. I know ur 12 so getting her drunk is probably not a gd idea imo.

Also I'm probs gonna start playing brawl properly. Zelda/Diddy.
This post actually made me laugh something huge. Heartfelt condolences then a huge last line irrelevant to the points yet ironically the only thing on topic with the thread!

Girls are a waste of time at 12 anyways lol, not much point in having a gf at that age imo.

Aiko

Smash Champion
well i sorta meant to make a paedo joke.... but not working now :/

shoulda said 12 year old girls are not a waste of time :)

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
So I've been wondering

How do you actually go to tournaments, let alone organize them? Does school/work not get in the way? Family (mainly parents)? Do people look down on you for going to them?

I'd like to attend a tourney/smashfest but my parents already frown on me for playing video games normally (I don't want to think about what they'd say if I told them I was going to play it elsewhere with a bunch of people I'd never even met before) and I have lots of school work that constantly needs doing...so out of curiosity, I'm asking how people find the time and the people to go somewhere to play smash?

Aiko

Smash Champion
So I've been wondering

How do you actually go to tournaments, let alone organize them? Does school/work not get in the way? Family (mainly parents)? Do people look down on you for going to them?

I'd like to attend a tourney/smashfest but my parents already frown on me for playing video games normally (I don't want to think about what they'd say if I told them I was going to play it elsewhere with a bunch of people I'd never even met before) and I have lots of school work that constantly needs doing...so out of curiosity, I'm asking how people find the time and the people to go somewhere to play smash?
Surely you have free time? Everyone here has their commitments, whether its school, college, uni, work etc. we all have a life outside of games. I see where you're coming from though, my parents have frowned on me playing video games, they still do and yet here I am running several tournaments for the UK, running regionals on regular basis and looking to take on more.

Going to a smashfest is no different than going to a friends house during the weekend. Its a coincidence that its playing a game. If you can plan ahead, try and do your homework in advance so you have a clear weekend.

But mostly, don't do something because of what other people think, just do what you enjoy. No one has the right to take away your enjoyment.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
+1000 to my affection for you. The overpowering confidence you have showed when you talked to me on MSN when I was at fuzzy's house.

Another Failed day :(. I am going to talk to her 2morrow. I just need to know how to approach a girl AND My School actually needs to DEAD!!!!!!!!!
make sure you're confident enough to start a conversation with her and not stutter too much or something. if you want time with her alone so no one else is bothering you ask her to meet you after school somewhere (you mentioned you were friends right?)

So I've been wondering

In my case my friends/family don't look down on tournaments really so I have no idea how to sort out that issue lol. My mum however does have problems with me traveling far so whenever I do I just tell her I'm sleeping over at a friend's house. If your situation is bad it may be a good idea to keep it on a need to know basis.

School doesn't really get in the way, it's just a weekend out really and you have plenty of time otherwise to do it.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Tails Chao said:
In my case my friends/family don't look down on tournaments really so I have no idea how to sort out that issue lol. My mum however does have problems with me traveling far so whenever I do I just tell her I'm sleeping over at a friend's house. If your situation is bad it may be a good idea to keep it on a need to know basis.

ROOOOFL sounds like P.Pro taught you the strats.
Didn't you do that Pro when you came to ALT? LOL. It's got some banter.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Lol my parents don't even know I go on SWF (as far as I know...I think they're aware I go on something game related but that's it)

And for some of my mates, whenever I do go over to theirs all we do is play games anyway, especially when I go round to my godparents house xD

I do have free time but I'm often in various performances acting and stuff which takes up a lot of my free time along with my social life. The idea of travelling around terrifies me though. I think I need to talk it over with my parents a bit. I'd like to at least attend one smashfest/tourney in my life and show people my capability

Cheers guys

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Another Failed day :(. I am going to talk to her 2morrow. I just need to know how to approach a girl AND My School actually needs to DEAD!!!!!!!!!
IMO you should talk to her first and then try to move to her.
All you need to do is MAN UP and say something to her lol.

Its not like there is an event every week and people always go to them every week without fail lol. Events are said in advance which means that we have time to make space for it. My parents dont know I still play smash, they dont like me playing it and when I go to an event I just say I am going round/sleeping round my friends house lol.
Its easy to make time for smash anyway.

+1000 to my affection for you. The overpowering confidence you have showed when you talked to me on MSN when I was at fuzzy's house.
Tbh when I was speaking to you on MSN I wanted you to do me up the bum pretty hard.

ROOOOFL sounds like P.Pro taught you the strats.
Didn't you do that Pro when you came to ALT? LOL. It's got some banter.
looool Yeah its got alot of banter I agree. But I only do it join in more banter because if I didnt do my banter stra with my parents then my banter would be stationary and trust me it wouldnt be stationary for the banter.

crewster

Smash Lord
Any reason why you quoted my post?

well i sorta meant to make a paedo joke.... but not working now :/

shoulda said 12 year old girls are not a waste of time :)
Actually, she's 12 on sunday.

crewster

Smash Lord
I was 12 in november. So I'm in year 7, but my school calls it "B-block"

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
IMO you should talk to her first and then try to move to her.
All you need to do is MAN UP and say something to her lol.
For some strange reason, I think she likes me lool. But I just need to make my move and I don't know how to make my move. I would bring my friend to support me BUT my friend is a bit ******** lol. So, I might as well wait until the time is right.

make sure you're confident enough to start a conversation with her and not stutter too much or something. if you want time with her alone so no one else is bothering you ask her to meet you after school somewhere (you mentioned you were friends right?)
I done that once but.......well, Lets just say that, she has got the BANTER :laugh: That was ages ago thought

crewster

Smash Lord
You know how I said the girl I like doesn't know me?
Well my freind said that he would point me out to her when he next sees her and I'm near. He thinks he is doing a bad thing but I want him to. If I tell him that I want him to he won't.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
You know how I said the girl I like doesn't know me?
Well my freind said that he would point me out to her when he next sees her and I'm near. He thinks he is doing a bad thing but I want him to. If I tell him that I want him to he won't.
So, if you see the girl and you like her, then I think you should be a friend to her :)

Brawl Thread: Discussions about every day life.
loool This will be the last post that I will metion something about girls. Now, back to Brawl :chuckle:

grayfox

Smash Champion
ROFL **** OFF KIERAN! Although all this is ****e banter I find it refreshing and somewhat interesting as it atleast has some content and conversation.

I -HATE- when people go "meh this is off topic XC" on things rofl, as if talking and discussing to eachother must be strictly structured and moderated my goodness we are all allowed to have ****e banter eh!?

NOT TO MENTION THIS IS THE BRAWL THREAD SO THERES CLEARLY NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT ANYWAYS EH? EH????

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Dude seriously! Who told you this NONSENSE about being a chicks friend! The SECOND you enter the "Friend Zone" its OVER!! Unless you have some serious mind games, girls do NOT date their friends!!!!! People are killing you with that ****! There's nothing wrong with chatting with her or even hanging now and again, but make sure she has some kinda idea u are interested in her. But you have to actually talk to her first dude! :oS
Seriously, if you become "one of the girls" and she starts confiding in you about her boyfriend troubles and the guys she like's then walk away! If she feels comfortable enough to mention the word "period"..... RUN LIKE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pro, sounds like you handle your business u lil playa you! Hit da nail on the head!

Goodbye.

:yoshi:

CCPLZ

Smash Rookie
ÖwnÄ Knows.

Just DO NOT approach from the friend angle.
Oh and also, it seems as though you are worried/frightened/blah blah? forget that...
you only live once
"might as well" has become my new catchphrase.
Use it. Love it.

grayfox

Smash Champion
JUST WALK UPTO THIS BIRD AND SAY:

ALRIGHT DOLL THE NAMES HURRICANE AND IM HERE TO SPIN YOUR WORLD...!

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH OWNA ON THIS FRIEND ZONE ****E! PEOPLE CONFUSE BEING SOMEONES FRIEND WITH BEING FRIENDLY AND BANTEROUS :confused::confused::confused:

dse

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
I agree with all of the above, the LAST thing you want her to do is feel comfortable around you

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
GRAYFOX!!!!!!!!!! That line is nothing short of AMAZING!!! Hahahaha! Im using that on the FIRST chick i see tomorrow..... AND MY NAME AINT EVEN HURRICANE!! Hahahahaha!!!:laugh:

:yoshi:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
My favourite line is, 'They call me Professor Pro, you want to know why, you don't need to know, just let me use you then get out of my life' Every girl has been seduced by this line because of the tone I said it in, they cant resist it. Insert your name and say it like me, you will succeed in life, thats enough of Pros Tips.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
JUST WALK UPTO THIS BIRD AND SAY:

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH OWNA ON THIS FRIEND ZONE ****E! PEOPLE CONFUSE BEING SOMEONES FRIEND WITH BEING FRIENDLY AND BANTEROUS :confused::confused::confused:

dse
****in epic banter!! Looking foward to having twice this much @ GGT2.

Rev just think of it like melee. You just need to tech chase into a grab and then spike her, hard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom