• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Bi-Weeklies: LAZERS PEW PEW -SATURDAY JULY 12TH MELEE!

Should i turn this into a Biweekly?

• Yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
i had fun just wish i had gone to gauntlet ,

had fun playing everyone wish i played the better people more was a very short tourny and falcon and jiggs are weird
Yah i know it was short velocity the next one will be 12-8;. We should play next time velocity we never got a match. I wanna try eating some pills ^^

JFox

Smash Hero
We should start discussing the next one. I should be able to make it. I'm assuming its going to be just singles and doubles right?

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Yes JFox Its gonna be Singles and Doubles if it gets a bit more people i can probably start doing crews sometime in there. As for low tier i have to see :p

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
Yes JFox Its gonna be Singles and Doubles if it gets a bit more people i can probably start doing crews sometime in there. As for low tier i have to see :p
Aw man, I would love some low tiers.

That way me and Atomsk don't have to bother doing Young Link/Zelda-G&W matches during regular singles tournies (probably not the best idea, but it was still fun). Note: My boomerang wants some more of that heel-*****.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'm definitely down for crews. :) Most of the tunes lives 10 mins from this, and bass is out of school now so he'll be at everything. :)

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Ok i can see about low tiers so its such in favor. We will keep the next one the singles and doubles maybe some crews If some show i have to speak with the owner. But Yah he don';t care what i do as long as he makes money off it basically lol. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
I might be able to toss a low tiers in next tournament. Since it will be from 12-8/9 if we have to and the tourneys go pretty quick. I just have to speak if over with the owner.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Roy in all honesty is good in low-tiers. But if people don't ban him then I will use him.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Roy loses to Bowser...

'nuff said

Link is being overrated though, while pretty much all the matchups are in his advantage, they're not retardedly in his advantage like the way Luigi vs [insert almost every Low Tier here] is.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
You're right man. A few bad match-ups makes all the difference.

Silly me. ^_^

Magus420

Smash Master
There's a much larger gap between Luigi/Link/DK and below than the next group and below. They also have quite a bit more diversity in their matchups and have more even or disadvantaged matchups instead of just ****** or winning against pretty much everyone with maybe an exception or 2. It's not like I'm being biased either as I would use DK about as much as Zelda if he were allowed, and also Luigi in some cases. I can also admit that they shouldn't really be in there however.

Magus420

Smash Master
I didn't say he did **** everyone. He does, however, beat pretty much everyone below with little to no disadvantaged/even matches. The others at least have some weaker matchups instead of beating out just about everything else below.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I didn't say he did **** everyone. He does, however, beat pretty much everyone below with little to no disadvantaged/even matches. The others at least have some weaker matchups instead of beating out just about everyone.
He DOES pretty much beat everyone blow him. But it's not **** for most of the characters, which is why I think it's fair to allow him in Low Tiers.

Magus420

Smash Master
**** or not, if he's beating just about everyone else how does that do anything but further prove him being in another class from the rest? With those 3 removed it leaves everyone available with a much more reasonable amount of balanced matchups and viable counterpicks, leveling the playing field quite a bit and it becomes substantially more balanced and diverse.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
**** or not, if he's beating just about everyone else how does that do anything but further prove him being in another class from the rest? With those 3 removed it leaves everyone available with a much more reasonable amount of balanced matchups and viable counterpicks, leveling the playing field quite a bit and becomes substantially more balanced and diverse.
That's like banning Space Animals from regular singles <_<

JFox

Smash Hero
No, space animals go even with plenty of characters. I can name all two right now- peach and marth.

Y.Link vs Link is my favorite match up that y.link has, so I say keep him in. lol

What's so good about DK that he should be banned and not roy?

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
No, space animals go even with plenty of characters. I can name all two right now- peach and marth.

Y.Link vs Link is my favorite match up that y.link has, so I say keep him in. lol

What's so good about DK that he should be banned and not roy?
Fox ***** Peach. And I'd say Fox vs Marth, Falco vs Peach, and Falco vs Marth are all in Space animals advantage.

Keep him in.

Upthrow to up air, retardedly hard to edgeguard, lives forever.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yoshi's not scared of link luigi or DK leave them in please, but please do crews if its between crews/ low tiers as thats much more fun and will attract more outside people then that who normally come than low tiers.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Yoshi's not scared of link luigi or DK leave them in please, but please do crews if its between crews/ low tiers as thats much more fun and will attract more outside people then that who normally come than low tiers.
Not really, crews requires 4-5 people whereas Low Tiers does not.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Exactly.. every crew who decides to come brings 4-5 people... and everyone i talked to who doesn't normally come to the TSA biweeklies and even some of the people said they found low tiers boring.. so yeah.

JFox

Smash Hero
Since this tourney is more laid back, I say the rules for crews be a bit more relaxed. It's sometimes hard to get 4 members of your crew to an event. So I say that people should be able to form their own crew, for the purpose of this event, even if they are not actually part of one. This just makes a more enjoyable atmosphere, and does not exclude half of NJ. Yet crews will usually still stick together because of the dedication to one's own crew most people would have, (except for inui lol) so the title of "crew battle" wouldn't really lose its meaning. And if one crew has too many people, they can just let one person temporarily crew battle with an affliate crew for the tourney or something, this way everyone is happy and included.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
That sounds like a good idea Jfox. Cause like me i don't belong to a crew but i would think it would be to do a crew battle. Im gonna talk it over with the owner tonight ill have more info to come.!

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Exactly.. every crew who decides to come brings 4-5 people... and everyone i talked to who doesn't normally come to the TSA biweeklies and even some of the people said they found low tiers boring.. so yeah.
And if one or two of their members can't come? They might not come at all then.

Xeorogue

Smash Ace
Low tiers are boring. I think crews are more fun because it brings more people to the singles/doubles regular tournys if you do crews first or last. Anyway i can make it on the 19th and am looking forward to some friendlies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom