• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Bi-Weeklies: LAZERS PEW PEW -SATURDAY JULY 12TH MELEE!

Should i turn this into a Biweekly?

• Yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggm

Smash Hero
pools: you just separate everyone into X groups (probably 4 for a ~20 person event, 8 if it's significantly higher; i don't know what you expect the turnout to be). Within each pool it's a round robin, after which the people are ranked within their own pool based on the standings. These become seeds into a bracket, possibly trimming off the lesser finishers in pools form entering the bracket altogether

overall it guarantees more matches, it generally produces a fairer bracket, but it also takes more time
This idea is fine IF the pools are seperated by crew the tunes don't wanna come to play each other.. until the finals. xD j/k.

Screw pools. Do swiss seeding, imo. Much better.

This sounds great too as long as it takes into account crew mates not being in the same pool.

Oh yah, i'm nearly certain all 6 of the tunes will be there again, unless Jay can't come the other 5 are confirmed tho. :)

Magus420

Smash Master
This sounds great too as long as it takes into account crew mates not being in the same pool.
Swiss doesn't use pools. This gives the general idea of how it works: http://myweb.cableone.net/somerent/boisemagic/swiss.htm

3 rounds should be fine and give accurate seedings.

I remember working on some formula that built onto and improved upon the already superior swiss format for seeding but I don't think I finished it.

pockyD

Smash Legend
each round, people are paired up with someone with the same number of wins

for example; assuming no prior seeding, the first round is completely random pairings

in the second round, the people who won play each other (assuming no prior seeding, within everyone with 1 win, the pairings are random), the people who lost play each other

in the third round, the people with 2 wins total play each other, the people with 1 win total (likely a larger group at this point) play each other, etc.

4th round if you want, etc.

when there's an odd number in a group, you play someone from one group over (a 2-win player will NOT play a 0-win player)

basically, everyone plays X sets (where X is some decided number of rounds) and then are seeded based on how many of those sets they won; i wouldn't worry too much about how to make pairings, there are plenty of programs that do it for you

edit: and if you're only doing swiss/pools for seeding and not knocking anyone out, playing your own crew isn't such a big deal -_-

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah as long as no one gets knocked out I guess, however its still not fun playing the people you always play, but whatever. xD

pockyD

Smash Legend
swiss produces a better result but is high maintenance

pools are low-maintenance but there is still a lot of inaccuracy (unless you spend a ton of time seeding the pool)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
im trying to find a train station thats close to someone who can house me till the next morning. or thats close to the venue

ideas / suggestions? I'm rly trying to get to this. because Kwalk is coming.....oh lawls its Kwalk!

Eggm

Smash Hero
Whose kwalk? Also i can get you from the manasquan or long branch train stations, you might be able to stay over with bass saturday night, he said its a defintly possibility but to get back to him on it a little closer to the 30th. Should be ok tho. :)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Whose kwalk? Also i can get you from the manasquan or long branch train stations, you might be able to stay over with bass saturday night, he said its a defintly possibility but to get back to him on it a little closer to the 30th. Should be ok tho. :)
Kwalk's a good friend of mine thats all. Hey if need be since its a 1 day thing I may not need housing depending on how late it goes.( just dont wanna be against the clock like how i was @ smashtality) I would be okay with a ride from/to the train station as well. good **** eggm

Cheezit

Smash Ace
I think there is a train station in freehold which shouldn't be too far from the venue. I might be able to pick you up and might be able to do houseing. normally ends around 8ish might go later.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
So yah guys i was thinking about turning this into a biweekly. What do all you guys think?

Also remember to register for the 30th links are on the fronts page.

JFox

Smash Hero
I'm probably not going to make it cuz of work again. I'm workin a lot more hours this summer, and Saturdays are big money nights. I'll make it to the next one hopefully.

Edit: Bi-weeklies sound great, just try to avoid clashing with Smashacre.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Whoever voted I don't care is a loser.

Edit : I forgot you could check who did voted for it, Sensei/Triad you guys are losers. :) more events = NJ gets better as a whole pft. I could see non NJ voting that pft.

Its all good tho its probably cause you guys didn't go to one yet they are very well run and a fun atmosphere with friendly tv's

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't think it has any point as a poll though

who would vote no? if they can't make it every other week, they would just not show up on the weeks they can't make it -_-

Cheezit

Smash Ace
pockyD is kinda right lol oh well im gonna speak with the owner tonight and see if i can make it happen. I'm pretty sure he will go for it.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
trevor u also lost me my new controller so you owe me one. i dont know how much integrity you have and how much i can trust you with things right now, but as of late, you have been okay (besides the controller thing). just get me one (so easily as you said from your brother) or something and it will be cool.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
How? Get a car and you drive that's how.

I voted no. Because I can do that.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
NEw AND Improved Gone from MONthly to BIweekly! OH Yah

Also EVERYONE SIGNUP ONLINE OR YOU ARE PAYING 5$ ExTRA AT THE DOOR FOR SIGNUPS
see front page

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
NEw AND Improved Gone from MONthly to BIweekly! OH Yah

Also EVERYONE SIGNUP ONLINE OR YOU ARE PAYING 5$ ExTRA AT THE DOOR FOR SIGNUPS
see front page
OMFG lol random caps and lower case letters, makes me laugh.

EMBLEM LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD you make me sad, no biweekly? :(

Cheezit

Smash Ace
*ATTENTION* *ATTENTION*

Since Some are oblivious like Atomsk. If you Sign up at the door you will be charged 15$ so SIGN UP ONLINE!!! Its in mega huge font on the first page. Also don't wait til the mourning of cause its closed by then.
I hope to see you all there.

COngratz for our new biweekly

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
DO my brother is gettin me it shortly

and spamerer if lets say i just buy you new tapes would you be okay with that?

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
FOOL! My magikarp is much better then yours! Counter with a SPLASH ATTACK NOW! *Splash splash*

(I can come on the 30th, i <3 work)
magikarp use hyper beam...wait what the **** do you mean you don't have hyper beam?...just use splash attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom