• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ice Climbers:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pZb6sVKbA90&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pZb6sVKbA90&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Forgive me for not really thinking that video is very impressive. You landed your CGs, but that's kind of an ICs staple skill and DK is very easy to grab, plus Ripple didn't play well.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ic's lose when they are impressive.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't think he would understand me.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Looking through the channel at any of Lain's other matches from that tournament, I'd say human error.

And on that note, ALLY FOR BEST WARIO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgsDBtQqEvs
Haha too good Ally, sexy use of the bike pieces. :bee:
Watching this makes me wonder about items. Even though we have Items turned off, Brawl has a quite a number of items still around. A game with Diddy is all about them bananas and to a much lesser extent peanuts, Snake grenades, Peach turnips, ZSS armor pieces, TL+Link bombs, Rob Gyro, and now some clever use of Wario bike pieces.
Lrn2items.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I don't know the details of the Lucas/ICs CG situation but apparently it's pretty hard. I don't know how hard we're talking though; like, out of the realm of realism hard or waht?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
It isn't that hard. Lucas (and Ness) have funny physics, and are more like middle-heavyweights (like Falcon/Ganon/samus/Yoshi/Wario).

It just requires practice, and is a little different from normal. I've 0-deathed PSi boys plenty of times before lol

B!squick

Smash Master
It'd probably be easier to just chain grab releases. You get a whole 10 frames in that situation. 20 if you're a big dragon turtle monster. :)

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
It isn't hard at all. Just different. It's a different timing for most characters anyways (based on weight)

Also, You can't do that because If you input a pummel, Nana (or popo) will jab, and the jab will knock them out of the grab (it requires 2 jabs for nana)

If you could just GR CG them, you would do it to the entire cast, because it would be so much easier lol

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It's usually preference, but you will find a lot of ICs agree that Lucas is probably a harder one to CG than usual.

But you'll always have someone who can't CG _____ (Lucas, Jigglypuff, Ganon [sometimes] all are a bit common, but it's all about how familiar you are with the timing, it isn't exactly "stricter", just different).

@Tarmogoyf: He's implying that since Ness/Lucas have 10 extra frames of Grab Release animation, it's easier to regrab them again than most. I agree that you might as well learn the CG, it just requires tuning your timing a bit, but the fact that Lucas' timing is a bit awkward + Lucas is kinda hard to come by, you'll always get that factor. Should it affect a MU? Not if they know how to play it lol.

You could say Lucas has the Epiphenomena of the "Low tier novelty" when in the IC MU. Some weird tools that work against ICs that aren't used to them (nair and sideB + Early killers when he gets a successful separation) but in the end result, Lucas should be losing to a good IC player.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I did some trolling with this thread. Mission accomplished.

However Im gonna go collect a ton of current videos, compile a list, and get it up there.

Top Bottom