• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

I think the case was more that KillerJawz played the matchup better rather than Calzorz not knowing enough about it. Notice how KillerJawz capitalized on Samus' advantages in this MU and never tried anything too risky or unnecessary (such as needless smash attacks or Dair abuse). Also towards the end you'll see that Calzorz put a lot of pressure on and gained a lot of momentum back, KillerJawz would've been in serious trouble if he hadn't taken advantage of that opening and finished it with a clean DTilt. A well played match imo.
D'awwww. That's the smash love right there. You are right about the whole risky thing, when it comes to these sorts of matches I just won't throw open dairs out there, they have to be extremely well timed to avoid punishment, it's not exactly hard to punish a missed dair, it's not the god send everybody thinks it is. Calz was really getting in on that last stock, I had to keep my cool and so I had to just space and space until the opportunity arose, in which case, it did.

Hyro makes a valid point though, the zair hits were very frequent. Calz knows however that a Samus on the edge is just evil.

D

Deleted member

Jawz i could say the same thing about calzorz xD
Its not that he wasnt PSing, he just wasnt shielding in general xD

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Not saying that Samus one shouldn't be up, but the Snake played that MU so poorly that it really doesn't show top level play. Like Hyro, Burntsocks, and others said, Snake was doing it wrong. Approaching with Shield/powershield would have prevented half that damage.

Jawz i could say the same thing about calzorz xD
Its not that he wasnt PSing, he just wasnt shielding in general xD
Not saying that Samus one shouldn't be up, but the Snake played that MU so poorly that it really doesn't show top level play. Like Hyro, Burntsocks, and others said, Snake was doing it wrong. Approaching with Shield/powershield would have prevented half that damage.
It's nice to see that neither of you understand how Samus will play this MU with ledge capabilities. When a Snake shields one of Samus's zairs or a few missles, she will run to the edge, and Snake will be left there like a lost puppy, not being able to get her off there, so needs to bait her onto the stage, granted, he should have PS'ed more, but the damage would have come on, and if it hadn't I just would have planked the 8 minutes, as Calzorz saw me do repeatedly on various other players.

Also, just have a quick glance at the videos up on the OP atm, now please for the love of god don't tell me that they all had MU XP, because they CLEARLY do not. The videos up there were judged on skill imo, not on MU exp. Im not saying I should be up there, since I didn't even want this nomination, but whats done is done, and I won't stand to see my opponent be insulted when he played the MU not exactly well, but not terribly either. I do understand however, that there is work to be done on both sides.

Also @ Hyro, good ****.

Don't get mad. He played the MU terribly. Get over it.

And the Tink vid, definitely.
At what point was I mad over what you said? Your right, he didn't play the MU well, but when you honestly have no idea how a Samus will play this MU, then you shouldn't feel the need to contribute such comments.

gg.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
It's nice to see that neither of you understand how Samus will play this MU with ledge capabilities
To answer your question, this is the part that I knew you were mad.

And yes, I know how this MU should be played. I've watched many videos of BETTER Samus players against BETTER Snake players. I may not play either, but spamming spotdodge is obviously not how you get in to Samus. Say whatever you want about what you'll do when your on the ledge, I don't care. The point is, he didn't know how to get in.

And two people that main Toon Link disagree with you...You got us?

No need for a flame shield. You've already admitted the Snake played the MU wrong. I see nothing to argue about.

Honestly, this sounds more dickish than I meant it to be, but IDK what exactly to change about it, so take it with a grain of salt.

To answer your question, this is the part that I thought you were mad.
Fixed. I won't get mad over a video submitted without my knowledge. Or any video for that matter. I understand you've probably watched some Xyro v *enter snake here*, just remember the dates however, thats all im going to say. So w/e.

And yes, I know how this MU should be played. I've watched many videos of BETTER Samus players against BETTER Snake players. I may not play either, but spamming spotdodge is obviously not how you get in to Samus. Say whatever you want about what you'll do when your on the ledge, I don't care. The point is, he didn't know how to get in.
A few disagrees and agreements here but w/e.

And two people that main Toon Link disagree with you...You got us?
Three. Hyro aswell.

No need for a flame shield. You've already admitted the Snake played the MU wrong. I see nothing to argue about.
It was a flame wall, not a shield
lol jk
. I said he didn't play it well, not wrong.

Honestly, this sounds more dickish than I meant it to be, but IDK what exactly to change about it, so take it with a grain of salt.
w/e. hugs?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
LOL Toon Link's name search spam and zair. =)

edit: GAH! I tried to sig both but it's not working...do I have to get rid of one or is there a way to make them closer?

MJG

Smash Hero
did someone say spam and zair?
LOL Toon Link's name search spam and zair. =)

edit: GAH! I tried to sig both but it's not working...do I have to get rid of one or is there a way to make them closer?
LOL

Too much win ;)

Nothing towards you killer. All jokes aside, you seem like a good player, but ya, the snake needs to learn how to play vs samus (As stated several times).

Top Bottom