• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
2link121, Iono if im just spoiled over here with Larry and SK92 (probably) but i didnt see really anything of merit from DJ Jack other than him just playing a solid Falco. I was definitely more impressed with Ryo, especially with that game 3 near comeback. That was brilliant.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I have some recommendations and vids for viewing pleasure from WATO15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNmjbeTEW8s game two for :marth:(I encourage watching the set though). I really enjoyed watching these two guys. Both are regarded as high level players for their chars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jop-olPEUrU game one for :marth: again lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA-MpZvmTuI :falco:, game one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq2X1Isusfo This is more of viewing pleasure(:wario: vs. :zerosuitsamus:. D-Torr was pulling an amaaaazing comeback second game two. I had fun watching this set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbkBBJzLEs game one for :falco: vs. :wario:

I'll have ZP vids up here sometime this week hopefully. Might not get done in time before KTAR6.

:rosalina:
I swear you're just copying how I post now O_O.

:018:

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
2link121, Iono if im just spoiled over here with Larry and SK92 (probably) but i didnt see really anything of merit from DJ Jack other than him just playing a solid Falco. I was definitely more impressed with Ryo, especially with that game 3 near comeback. That was brilliant.
Thanks for the compliment, mate. I agree with your post, tho. Ryo should get on that Ike spot for game 3.

I'm thinking they need to see the other game, Garret....

:troll:

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
I do hope you understand I wasnt trying to insult you DJ Jack. Your Falco is definitely solid; which is good because compared to West Coast, few people know how to really play Falco. That bird is frame trap master.

@ 2link121: hey do you know when smash labs is supposed to be coming out with their big thread/video? Delux said itd be after 8.8.11.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I do hope you understand I wasnt trying to insult you DJ Jack. Your Falco is definitely solid; which is good because compared to West Coast, few people know how to really play Falco. That bird is frame trap master.

@ 2link121: hey do you know when smash labs is supposed to be coming out with their big thread/video? Delux said itd be after 8.8.11.
haha, no worries mate, I wasn't offended. I really did take it as a compliment :)

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I'm afraid me saying anything about that will be considered leaking information, so you'll need to Delux about it(he's heading that particular project).

I believe it would be safe to say that the delay, with the date he gave you, may be in part due to him being not quite available at this time since he's having his internet installed/restored.

:rosalina:

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I'll be sure to fix that on my next update.

Which will come once I see enough good videos nominated to replace videos I'll be removing.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It's just a very bad thread model.

You can't objectively judge videos, and with 20 new video nominations a week (95% of which are not at all "best" material), it becomes overwhelming incredibly easily. The ideal OP would have no life, no future plans, intimate experience and knowledge with 40 characters, and most importantly, proper post formatting skills.

Aka, no one.

A better thread model off the top of my head would be: OP listing all nominations, regardless of quality, and having posters vote (+1) videos they deem worthy, and down-voting (-1) videos unworthy. Eventually the accepted good videos would be at the top.

Maybe? Better then jumping from thread owner to thread owner once they realize how unsustainable this thread is.

B!squick

Smash Master

You can't objectively judge videos, and with 20 new video nominations a week (95% of which are not at all "best" material), it becomes overwhelming incredibly easily. The ideal OP would have no life, no future plans, intimate experience and knowledge with 40 characters, and most importantly, proper post formatting skills.

Aka, no one.

A better thread model off the top of my head would be: OP listing all nominations, regardless of quality, and having posters vote (+1) videos they deem worthy, and down-voting (-1) videos unworthy. Eventually the accepted good videos would be at the top.

Maybe? Better then jumping from thread owner to thread owner once they realize how unsustainable this thread is.
That sounds like a great idea. Why didn't you do that when you had the thread, I have to ask?

Tesh

Smash Hero
I've only looked in the OP once for every time owners got switched. Its a really nice thread for seeing the latest and greatest. I dont think most care about what got picked for absolute best.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Flameleon is too good.

Tesh is right, I dont think Ive ever even bothered looking at the OP. Im just hyped to see the latest amazing vid. Or maybe thats because it had been so long since the thread was updated some of us just started to come to this thread only for that purpose

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I fought Flameleon before and his Mario is really good. This is the first time in a long time that I have found this video to be entertaining to watch!

NO-IDea

Smash Lord

Aka, no one.

It's not unsustainable. Coding the OP is a lot easier than most people think.

However, your nomination idea isn't as sound as you think. Some people are not qualified to deem videos worthy. Especially concerning certain characters and MUs.

Regardless, I'm expecting to update after the influx of KTAR vids come through.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
It is more recent and Kirin still did really well in the match. He actually had it for the most part. Also NO-IDea said he needed something to replace friendlies. Either that, or just wait until after KTar vids are uploaded of Kirin to replace them.

This one for ALSM might qualify as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr4GC3yncjs

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
that mario was pretty epic.

at the same time, he got grabbed 3 times on the first stock, so he probably should've been three stocked.

Tesh

Smash Hero
even aside from the grabs, that DDD wasn't putting up much of a fight. the mario didnt even capitalize as hard as he could have, should have been a 3 stock.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
at the same time, he got grabbed 3 times on the first stock, so he probably should've been three stocked.
Not really.
First grab he wasn't in a position to be infinited, every other grab sure it should have been a free 30% or so, but Mario can mash out after d-throw's been staled 5 times anyway.

Top Bottom