• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
not to mention the DDD could've maneuvered around the grenades much better.
but it's still a fine video showcasing good snake play.

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
not to mention the DDD could've maneuvered around the grenades much better.
but it's still a fine video showcasing good snake play.
It is. Snake played the match-up very nicely. In fact most of the time grenades prevented chain grabs. It just didn't feel like snake was trying to fully take advantage of the grenades and juggled all of the other things that snake could have done. Very nice demonstration, but just not one of the best.

TERO IS NOMINATING VERM FOR BEST GANON? BOLD CHOICE MY FRIEND

Ganon vs Link
This was entertaining. Ganon showed he knew what he was doing most of the match. X started to catch onto ganon's forward b traps with grabs and zair, but verm still pulled the win.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I like it ^.

How good is Bowser's D-tilt for edge guarding?
Vs DK? If DK is trying to Up-B onto the stage for a lagless land or whatever, I guess it's pretty good. Anything that doesn't snap on the ledge (Wario's/Yoshi's jump) it'll hit. I'd personally save it for killing out of grab releases considering it has pretty good kill power, especially off the side.

Vs DK on the recover, I'd use fire (and wasn't using it that much during that match for whatever reason -_-). You can also abuse Klaw's grab armor and klaw him out of the Up-B, but it's hard/I'm lazy and wouldn't do it.

Whatever, Will ***** me anyway heehe.

lol I love this MU, reminds me of that arcade game "Rampage". Plus bowser doesn't have any of those grab release followups on DK iirc.
Yeah, Bowser doesn't/shouldn't have anything on the release, all of the jabs I got off probably was just human error; for example, in the first few seconds when I get that grab, Will pressed shield and dropped it quickly or whatever he did. FRAME-wise Bowser shouldn't be able to get anything out of the release, so it's better to F/B/DThrow depending on your situation.

It's not bad, but it's a MU I don't really like because there's nothing to lean on when you get a grab on DK, his backside is just ridiculous, DK can shield pressure and just Up-B away safely to the ledge if he wanted to (BAir pressure -> Up-B which is H-U-G-E on Battlefield, and sorta huge if Bowser isn't in the position to punish) and one mistake is pretty heavy on you, especially at higher percents. It's annoying dealing with someone who probably uses BF better than you can. D:

I talk too much.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Don't forget my reply to your comment that I was trolling

Serf

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shaky did pretty well on rainbow cruise considering we was ness.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
not sure why it being against ike makes it a worse showing of character skill.

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
Well, your second he got you with the Mirror Shield, but even then, it glitched. Even if you were reflected you should have been on stage. it was weird.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
It's probably because he thinks it not really displaying the matchup play correctly. I'm not sure.

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
Limit got it right, it doesn't display the MU very well. Besides, the Pit player was getting knocked all over the place, trying to be flashy in situations that a regular arrow/aerial could have fixed. Fighting Ike head on as Pit isn't the right choice of playstyle. As much as you probably don't want to watch it, playing campy as Pit against Ike is the right way as Pit gets rocked boxing with Ike.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
eh, i'm not familiar with the pit/ike matchup, so i can't really comment on any of that.

Ayoub

Smash Ace
Limit got it right, it doesn't display the MU very well. Besides, the Pit player was getting knocked all over the place, trying to be flashy in situations that a regular arrow/aerial could have fixed. Fighting Ike head on as Pit isn't the right choice of playstyle. As much as you probably don't want to watch it, playing campy as Ike is the right way as Pit gets rocked boxing with Ike.
Yes play campy as Ike against Pit, good tip.

Top Bottom