• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Liking the list so far WTP (Y u no Kiwi #5 :kirby: :c )

:sonic: list imo is something like:

Espy
Meek/X
Meek/X
D1aos
Kuraudo/Tesh

Also JuanBox for top 5 Puff.

How is Nakat still not #2 fox though??

Player-1

Smash Legend
diddy list sucks lol, I have better wins than both vato and Lie

Lie has beaten these people with :diddy::
ChuDat
Seagull
LLOD
Coney? (Unsure if he played Coney this season, but he has in the past)
Luckay
Mekos
Sushi-man
Right now my notable wins are (past 6 months so from February + Apex):
-Billy x2
-Mc Pe x2
-Micaelis x3 (when he was still playing)
-DRN x2
-Reflex
-Kismet
-Puffster
-EE (IDK how notable he is)
-MintyFlesh
-Aposl (IDK how notable he is)
-Bloodcross
-Fishbait
-Jnig
-Kuro (IDK how notable he is)
-Dphat (MK banned)
-Z
-Espy
-Kel

$5 MM wins: Seibrik, Kain, Kiraflax x2, Sync, Ryo
$10 MM win: Zekey
(I think had some more MM wins, but IDR them all, I'll try to think)

edit: also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4Z8ShCgIms&list=UUy-8wdwVQ21fspfy2bosOAA&index=0&feature=plcp

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Whobo is the only tournament that I didn't go ZSS. I feel I'm undeserving of being over a few players on that list though. I wouldn't argue that I'm not top 4 at the moment. But I would say I'm at least top 5 at the moment. I've still put in work with her though. I know Dakpo will be Top 3 though as soon as he starts entering more tournaments since he's a freaking monster. I know DRN has been putting in work...just had a bad showing at Whobo is all IMO

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I think they're should be some structure to how changes are made, kind of like how MU threads are done in the character boards. One/Two characters are decided upon and the list is finalized before skipping to the next one/two.

Secondly, I advocate not putting me on the :diddy: list. Mampam isn't better than Lie, but he has been getting some pretty good wins over in FL. He recently beat MVD and Seibrik; however, he also uses :snake: to a degree, but I don't think he got any of those wins with :snake:.

Thirdly, P1 you have to consider your records with the players as well. You are not positive (some of them very negative) in a lot of your records with players who you beat.

Reflex (Prob you're best win)

HASL II - Lost to Reflex
Iron Brawl III - Lost to Reflex & Big Lou
Ausom V - Beat Reflex then lost to Reflex twice in GF1 and GF2
Smith Station II - Lost to Reflex
Salty Spittoon VII - Lost to Reflex
WHOBO 4 - Lost to Reflex

Kismet (Prob you're next best win)

Salty Spittoon V - Lost to Kismet (And Reflex >.>)
Hybrid - Lost to Kismet
AUSOM V - Beat Kismet? (Idk bracket is missing)

DRN

Salty Spittoon III - Beat DRN
Salty Spittoon IV - Lost to DRN
Hybrid - Beat DRN then lost to DRN

As for MMs (personally I think counting MMs are stupid because ppl only report the ones they win, but w.e), you put the ones you won, but where are the ones you lost as well? The reason I wasn't put on near the beginning of the year was because I got a few good wins, but I needed to show consistency. What if I just got destroyed the next time I faced them? Results need to be repeated and you haven't really done that.

EDIT: IMO :diddy: list should be:

1. ADHD/Gnes
2. Gnes/ADHD
3. Lie
4. Player-1
5. Vato/Mampam/Fliphop

I honestly don't know what Vato has been doing lately. I haven't seen any results from him since like E4U; however, he'd be my first pick for the #5 spot.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Thanks to everyone recommending me for #3 on the ZSS list

As for my case (and Fatal's Snake, lol) I'll quote a post I made like 2 or 3 days ago.
With the way he's been performing recently Fatal's at LEAST 3rd, could be 2nd, but Ally is still #1.

[COLLAPSE="As for my results, I'll assume only wins matter. If you want placements as well then tell me."]
Beat Holynightmare (ROB) as SiD7, got 3rd losing to Holynightmare and Tin Man.
Beat Luckay (in pools), Firefly, Zinoto, MJG and Swordgard at IMPULSE (bracket here), got 4th losing to Dabuz and Mr.R.
Beat Meekspeedy (MK+Sonic) at RoS:Kent Edition, got 5th losing to TO Joe and Holynightmare (MK)
I also attend locals frequently in my region and haven't placed worse than 5th since February. I also have multiple wins against players from my region who you've never heard of that are available upon request:awesome:

Ftr, TO Joe is undoubtedly the best player in my region when MK is legal, and the only reason he's not on the PR in my region is because he requested that he be taken off. He also got 33rd at Apex.
[/COLLAPSE]
Edited a little bit cause you said losses/placings matter.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
How well does this site work for you guys? It looks really organized and something I might wanna do for Michigan in the future. Is it worth keeping up in your opinion, Reflex?

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
While I obviously would love if everyone put in the same effort as Vinyl, just coming in and saying your opinion on rankings is nice too. General opinion matters on close calls. Though you are all still being really general. Nobody has even linked WHOBO yet.

Anti might be over Ally but it will depend on how much Anti has entered and how many times Ally actually used MK.

Also, due to Vinyl I did Dill's portion of my records. So as an example here is what I intend to have for everyone eventually.

Dill (NY/NJ):
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323941&highlight=Impact (6/17, MK ban)
W: Cam, (L) Zorai, Dcold
L: Fatal, Anti

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326153 (8/4, MK ban)

W: Fresh, Jtails, Nakat, False, (WF) Nair, (GF) Nakat

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326751 (8/18, MK ban)

W: (?) Pane, (L) Will, (LF) Mintyflesh

L: GF(Anti)
Lemme help you fix these results. @ impact 3 dill didn't lose to Fatal, it was NairoKong. And he also beat Will while he was in winners there.

@ panes tournament he didn't play will, will lost to naoya and penta. Dill beat naoya that tournament.

Drake12

Smash Ace
If boom played/travelled more I would totally say that he should be top 5 snake. He is rediculously good, but I don't believe that he has enough facts to go off of and such.
Also, it's fun to get jv 5 stocked by him in smash 64

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Zinoto makes a lot of sense and Lie has been back on his **** lately, his MK only really beat Logic the one time, saw him use Diddy for everything else. Also Zinoto, you're better then Vato/Jebus/Mampam imo.

v115 is EASILY the 3rd best ZSS <3

:017:

Dogg/Naoki/Suzaku

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. Except I know that he's the real deal.

He's the only reason (I mean it. the ONLY reason) why I can say with full confidence that I can handle any Marth player I come across. Win or lose, 2-0 or game 3 is happening in a set.

His Snake is also nothing to shrug at either.

[EDIT]

Speaking of Snakes.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14811374

So. Top 5 Snake. Lol?
Attend an Ontario tourney someday.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
WTP,

If you need help with formatting the list and want to make changes aesthetically, let me know. My Skype is the same as my username here should you want to talk quickly about it.

Otherwise looking good, keep it up.

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
I think the 2 spots I can argue, Is atomsk should be #1 ddd , he has been actively using ddd and placing , and I think since ally has been mostly placing with snake as of late it is very confusing that anti is below him on the mks?

MVD

Smash Master
Lol at I don't have wins
At whobo I beat chibo drn asa mjg Pj zeeky in a mm Delux in a mm Nike in a mm
I also have a win on will (mm) from sktar
Multiple wins on kiraflax
Wins in my own state against people who beat top oos players, Idk wtf is wrong with anyone saying I don't deserve top 5

:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think they're should be some structure to how changes are made, kind of like how MU threads are done in the character boards. One/Two characters are decided upon and the list is finalized before skipping to the next one/two.

Secondly, I advocate not putting me on the :diddy: list. Mampam isn't better than Lie, but he has been getting some pretty good wins over in FL. He recently beat MVD and Seibrik; however, he also uses :snake: to a degree, but I don't think he got any of those wins with :snake:.

Thirdly, P1 you have to consider your records with the players as well. You are not positive (some of them very negative) in a lot of your records with players who you beat.

Reflex (Prob you're best win)

HASL II - Lost to Reflex
Iron Brawl III - Lost to Reflex & Big Lou
Ausom V - Beat Reflex then lost to Reflex twice in GF1 and GF2
Smith Station II - Lost to Reflex
Salty Spittoon VII - Lost to Reflex
WHOBO 4 - Lost to Reflex

Kismet (Prob you're next best win)

Salty Spittoon V - Lost to Kismet (And Reflex >.>)
Hybrid - Lost to Kismet
AUSOM V - Beat Kismet? (Idk bracket is missing)

DRN

Salty Spittoon III - Beat DRN
Salty Spittoon IV - Lost to DRN
Hybrid - Beat DRN then lost to DRN

As for MMs (personally I think counting MMs are stupid because ppl only report the ones they win, but w.e), you put the ones you won, but where are the ones you lost as well? The reason I wasn't put on near the beginning of the year was because I got a few good wins, but I needed to show consistency. What if I just got destroyed the next time I faced them? Results need to be repeated and you haven't really done that.

EDIT: IMO :diddy: list should be:

1. ADHD/Gnes
2. Gnes/ADHD
3. Lie
4. Player-1
5. Vato/Mampam/Fliphop

I honestly don't know what Vato has been doing lately. I haven't seen any results from him since like E4U; however, he'd be my first pick for the #5 spot.

I'm going based off of the thread rules, it clearly values wins more than losses. Based off of thread rules I should be above lie and vato. Lie was pretty inactive/inactive with diddy for a good couple of moths which is why he doesnt have a lot of losses. It seems silly to punish me for being active with my character

Exdeath

Smash Master
Lol at I don't have wins
At whobo I beat chibo drn asa mjg Pj zeeky in a mm Delux in a mm Nike in a mm
I also have a win on will (mm) from sktar
Multiple wins on kiraflax
Wins in my own state against people who beat top oos players, Idk wtf is wrong with anyone saying I don't deserve top 5

But Bizkit so good. :(

What's The Point

Smash Master
Well the rules are different now. Wins do mean more, but losing matters. Specifically, consist losing matters. Being 1-10 with Reflex (Or whatever it actually is) implies the win on Reflex was a fluke since despite being very active you've never repeated that result, or as far as I know (For now, since I'll get to your results eventually) you've never beaten some one else of Reflex's caliber.

Man, top 5 people attend a lot of tournaments. I'm noting down some things people are saying (Names to consider, ZSS list order, results posted) but I probably won't change anything for about a week.

I'm doing it all in Google docs which I'll share once I know I'm not accidentally making it editable by everyone.

MVD

Smash Master
But Bizkit so good. :(
I mean individual skill and wins show who's better, this isn't the first time people have tried to get me off the list lol there is no way I'm below 4th only because fatal has stepped up so hard that hr deserves second or third at the very least

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Lol @ p1 trying to argue semantics at this point. WTP is running the thread now, and he isn't bound by rules put forth by previous owners. Right now, he's working on updating the list because everyone has been waiting for it to be updated so anxiously. When he's made his updates, I'm sure he'll update the criteria as well. He's already made mention of some of the criteria he plans to use.

DRN

Smash Lord
drn, are u going to start maining diddy ?

I have no idea what im doing atm

:zerosuitsamus:
1- Nick Riddle
2- Salem
3- V115
4- Bio
5- Y.b.M.

lol same list as i posted before. Y.b.M. should still deserve 5th even if he didnt use her at whobo.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Well the rules are different now. Wins do mean more, but losing matters. Specifically, consist losing matters. Being 1-10 with Reflex (Or whatever it actually is) implies the win on Reflex was a fluke since despite being very active you've never repeated that result, or as far as I know (For now, since I'll get to your results eventually) you've never beaten some one else of Reflex's caliber.

Lol @ p1 trying to argue semantics at this point. WTP is running the thread now, and he isn't bound by rules put forth by previous owners. Right now, he's working on updating the list because everyone has been waiting for it to be updated so anxiously. When he's made his updates, I'm sure he'll update the criteria as well. He's already made mention of some of the criteria he plans to use.
Doesn't it make more sense to update the rules first so the people arguing for a spot know what to actually....you know...argue AND THEN make the update? Instead of people just jumping on the flavor of the week bandwagon. "HURR DURR LIE WON A TOURNEY #3 DIDDY" "YA I AGREE #3 NAO PLZZZZ". You do know Lie uses both Diddy and MK right? Like I said it seems silly that he can just stack his wins up with Diddy and avoid getting losses with Diddy because he can go MK for MUs he's bad at with Diddy while I go all Diddy.

Do you actually know what Lie's losses? Does ANYONE know what Lie has actually done with Diddy other than what Seagull posted?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Doesn't it make more sense to update the rules first so the people arguing for a spot know what to actually....you know...argue AND THEN make the update? Instead of people just jumping on the flavor of the week bandwagon. "HURR DURR LIE WON A TOURNEY #3 DIDDY" "YA I AGREE #3 NAO PLZZZZ". You do know Lie uses both Diddy and MK right? Like I said it seems silly that he can just stack his wins up with Diddy and avoid getting losses with Diddy because he can go MK for MUs he's bad at with Diddy while I go all Diddy.

Do you actually know what Lie's losses? Does ANYONE know what Lie has actually done with Diddy other than what Seagull posted?
Lie is fairly consistent. To add to his list:

Omni
Pink Fresh
Logic (He has beaten Logic with :diddy: in the past 6 months, but he usually goes :metaknight: these days)
Keitaro

People see :metaknight: next to his name, but he mostly goes :metaknight: for :olimar: (Who he can also beat with :diddy:) or sometimes versus me. I almost always see Lie go 90% :diddy: in singles. He goes :metaknight: a lot in teams though.

:018:

What's The Point

Smash Master
I changed toe rules (Who actually reads those?). Also remember these are preliminary changes. But as always the only person/Diddy arguing with the Diddy list is you P-1. Though I'm pretty sure Vato is going to be taken off and Zinoto being put at 5th, once I look at more results.

Lie is fairly consistent. To add to his list:

Omni
Pink Fresh
Logic (He has beaten Logic with :diddy: in the past 6 months, but he usually goes :metaknight: these days)
Keitaro

People see :metaknight: next to his name, but he mostly goes :metaknight: for :olimar: (Who he can also beat with :diddy:) or sometimes versus me. I almost always see Lie goes 90% :diddy: in singles. He go :metaknight: a lot in teams though.

This is helpful for the multi-character usage, which is really going to be a ***** when going through results. I already know I'm not adding Logic to Lie's Diddy wins.

But without you linking me the tournaments these wins happened in I'm not going to bother writing them down. I'm not taking anything at face value.

Dcold

Smash Lord
I like the updates so far. A couple of things though:

- Anti is definitely a top 3 MK
- Mampam / Zinoto both may claim a top 5 spot for Diddy. Lie as 3rd, P1/Zinoto as 4th/5th seems like the most sensible choice right now though
- I don't think MVD has the wins to be a top 5 Snake right now. I'd consider Bizkit before him
- Does SK92 even play Falco or play at all anymore? All his recent posts implied that he was quitting. Somebody confirm plz, if so BC should take the spot for 5th Falco or Keitaro
- V115 = top 3 Zamus.
- Atomsk really should be the #1 DDD by now.
- Pwii is probably a better GW than 5th. He may even be 2nd at this point.

:059:
I still think P1 should be over Lie until Lie does more to be honest, it's a bit silly even if he may be a better Diddy than P-1 as of now, but P1 has the wins and he doesn't and that's what the list is made of, right? MVD has wins after WHOBO and SKTAR placing fairly decent at them, but so have Havok/Fatal/Razer/Ally so having him at 5th where as I've personally not heard of Bizkit doing anything great in a while. Last I'd heard BC dropped Falco for MK, but I'm not completely sure of it although he says he did often, and Keitaro is so good lolol. Atomsk for #1 DDD, V115 dabess #3 Zamus. Penta beat Will at a tournament a couple days ago so maybe Pwii can be #3, but Penta hasn't been slacking that much.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
edit nvm, joe did it LMFAO

Also, SK92 needs to be removed ASAP, Keitaro has been more impressive for awhile, make the switch.

:017:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I changed toe rules (Who actually reads those?). Also remember these are preliminary changes. But as always the only person/Diddy arguing with the Diddy list is you P-1. Though I'm pretty sure Vato is going to be taken off and Zinoto being put at 5th, once I look at more results.

This is helpful for the multi-character usage, which is really going to be a ***** when going through results. I already know I'm not adding Logic to Lie's Diddy wins.

But without you linking me the tournaments these wins happened in I'm not going to bother writing them down. I'm not taking anything at face value.
Link's of Lie's tourneys (Note: I'm only gonna include his :diddy: wins and placing next to the link. Also gonna include his losses.):

7/21/12, Woodbridge, Va: Placed 1st. Beat Seagull and LLOD.

8/18/12, Greensboro, Nc: Placed 1st. Beat Mekos, Sushi-man, and Stockfield.

8/11/12, Ellicott city, Md: Placed 2nd. Beat ChuDat, B3rt, and Pink Fresh. Lost to Kingtoon twice.

7/14/12-7/15/12, New brunswick, Nj: Placed 33rd. Beat Keitaro. Lost to Atomsk and Orion.

4/15/12, Arbutus, Md: Placed 13th. Beat Tantalus, Otime. Lost to Inui (He went :metaknight: for reasons I don't know) and ChuDat.

2/4/12, Silver Spring, Md: Placed 1st. Beat Omni, EE, and Coney. I don't know who he went :metaknight: versus, but probably Coney. I know he goes all :diddy: vs Omni and EE.

12/4/11, Arbutus, Md: Placed 9th. Beat Tiger and Will. Lost to Neo and Vinnie.

7/3/12 and 7/10/12, Arbutus, Md. This is 2 tourneys done at separate weeks:

7/3/12, Md: Placed 4th. Beat Aposl and Luckay. Lost to ChuDat and Junebug.
7/10/12, Md: Placed 1st. Beat Slug, Pink Fresh, Luckay, Logic (This is when he beat Logic with :diddy:) and Seagull twice. Lost to Seagull in winner's.

MVD

Smash Master
I still think P1 should be over Lie until Lie does more to be honest, it's a bit silly even if he may be a better Diddy than P-1 as of now, but P1 has the wins and he doesn't and that's what the list is made of, right? MVD has wins after WHOBO and SKTAR placing fairly decent at them, but so have Havok/Fatal/Razer/Ally so having him at 5th where as I've personally not heard of Bizkit doing anything great in a while. Last I'd heard BC dropped Falco for MK, but I'm not completely sure of it although he says he did often, and Keitaro is so good lolol. Atomsk for #1 DDD, V115 dabess #3 Zamus. Penta beat Will at a tournament a couple days ago so maybe Pwii can be #3, but Penta hasn't been slacking that much.
Havok playing snake? When and where lol its been a while

Cassio

Smash Master
And the person on stand-by is Cassio as far as I know.

>_> Id never desire or seek authority on smashboards. Even joining the BBR was moreso a moral imperative.
Please, no... He'd make the Top 5 list 90% West Coast....
pshhh. I just want yall to remember when:
1. Rich and Dabuz were being argued last year, I was pretty much the only one arguing for rich and he came through with a string of strong national placements and set wins.

2. When everyone was on Nairos sack after SKTAR and I told everyone to simmer down and consider the alternatives, I was lambasted only for Anti to win the very next tournament while Nairo lost to Fatal and Anti.

3. When I was defending SK92 against a drop for having to having to earn victories in a region considerably more difficult for falco, EE and friends wouldnt silence their ignorance about how terrible SK was compared to his peers only for one of them to head out here and under perform.

Congrats WTP. In regards to WCish stuff.
Vato still does well and recently won a decent sized tourney a few weeks ago. Although Im not sure he cares at all about this list anymore. That jebus though...i know he has good wins but I dont really care about the diddy list either.

ConCon's notable win is on larry, but he still performs very well at tournaments he enters. Revelations was his most recent, personally think hes 1/2 depending on boss activity.

SK didnt go to revelations, hes probably better than the other falcos but he rarely enters unless its in vegas so at this point Id understand his drop, although Vegas is having a sizable tournament this weekend so you might hear something from him.

Cant think of anything else really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom