• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Also, I think the :metaknight: list should be something like:

1. M2K/Nairo
2. Nairo/M2K
3. Anti
4. Ally
5. Tyrant

EDIT: Tesh, you're a great poster, don't stop. And please (whatever urge you may have) do not put me on this list. I am bad and until I beat Ally, I don't deserve a spot on here.

:phone:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Top 3 MK spot is pretty stacked, tho.
Anti just needs a little more consistency.
Then is Ally, but the gaps betweent Ally and Tyrant, and between Tyrant and everyone else are clear.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Tesh, I'm saying this out of respect for you as a player and everyone else, no offense intended, but,

What have you done that places you that much higher over Espy? You BOTH placed 25th at WHOBO 4. It's like you're forgetting he existed and looking at your position, going "I GOT 25TH AT A NATIONAL YES!"

You're good. Remarkably so. But are you above Espy yet? I don't think so. That being said my list was a loose display of the Top 5. Which is why you or Meek could be 3rd.
.........ok

What's The Point

Smash Master
While I obviously would love if everyone put in the same effort as Vinyl, just coming in and saying your opinion on rankings is nice too. General opinion matters on close calls. Though you are all still being really general. Nobody has even linked WHOBO yet.

Anti might be over Ally but it will depend on how much Anti has entered and how many times Ally actually used MK.

Also, due to Vinyl I did Dill's portion of my records. So as an example here is what I intend to have for everyone eventually.

Dill (NY/NJ):
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323941&highlight=Impact (6/17, MK ban)
W: Cam, (L) Zorai, Dcold
L: Fatal, Anti

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326153 (8/4, MK ban)

W: Fresh, Jtails, Nakat, False, (WF) Nair, (GF) Nakat

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326751 (8/18, MK ban)

W: (?) Pane, (L) Will, (LF) Mintyflesh

L: GF(Anti)

DRN

Smash Lord
Y.b.M. has been going mainly kirby hasn't he? I'd put you over him on the list, and maybe over Bio, idk.
He goes half and half to my knowledge. He just decided not to go zss at whobo for some reason. I'm pretty bad. Need to do more work. Wish Dakpo traveled :(

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I think the Ganon list is fine, but DLA and myself will be vying for 1st. The last three are static primarily because none of them are active, and no one's really shown up who's demonstrated any top-level Ganon play to succeed them.

To my knowledge, neither of us have a preponderance of wins, but in my recent activity I've nailed a few extra. None of my losses are really bad, either. I also think for both him and myself, Apex should be considered, just so there's more to stack given inactivity.

I've been to three (one of which was only 10 or so people LOL) tourneys in the past 7 months, from which I've taken home:

-Bladewise's :marth: (tourney) [arguably a top Marth]
-Jamnt0ast's :rob: & :snake: (tourney) [arguably a top ROB, placing 17th/91 @ E4U]
-Dueler X's :gw: (pools) [He's the French G&W main who beat Gluttony]
-Lada's :rob: ($5MM) [X's brother. 1 game away from Apex bracket, I believe]
-Mink's :zerosuitsamus: (pools)
-Kamaji's :snake: (tourney) [Not really sure if this holds any weight, since Kamaji was a top PacNW player three years ago, but went inactive]

I'm not sure of DLA's wins since Apex. I know he's not been using Ganon much recently though.

In case the thread IS under new ownership, here's this post I made a few weeks or so ago.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
He goes half and half to my knowledge. He just decided not to go zss at whobo for some reason.
He did it because he's playing Kirby again; There's reason why he said he should be put on top 2, lol.

I will look at Bio and stuff (or he can as well, lolz).

Also, :zerosuitsamus: community, please make a results thread, or at least revive it if there is one. :/

BioDG

Smash Ace
I will dig up that ZSS performance list I made and update it. Much more useful than an arbitrary list.

Vinyl what should you or I be looking at? I don't follow.

Tesh

Smash Hero
...so...is that a trolling "ok"? Or an "I disagree" ok?

:zerosuitsamus:
How about that ZSS list. I think we have many close contenders for the bottom spots, but I think Y.b.M should be off the list. I feel like (much like Espy), he could keep his spot if he wanted to, but his recent ZSS results dont put his ZSS over Bio and maybe even v115.

Bio has recent wins over almost every PRed player in Houston (might be 7/10 at worst) and IIRC Y.b.M only has 1 win that compares imo.

I think he has more of a focus on Kirby (and it shows) and is overall a more effective player, but if we keep him on the ZSS list, we might as well put Ally across the board on every character he has used in tournament recently.

why would you be excluded now DRN?

:sonic:
@ scary, he and __X__ have been favorites for top since MLG Dallas, but I haven't seen much of __X__'s results to comment, but Meekspeedy outperformed Espy at Apex and has done as well or better than Espy when you compare their performance locally.

:olimar:
I still don't get why Rich Brown is supposed to be better than Dabuz.

DRN

Smash Lord
Actually

1- Nick Riddle
2- Salem
3- V115
4- Dakpo/Bio
5- Dakpo/Bio

Sounds about right ATM too.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
how did dark peach and llod get above slayerz on the peach list?? Where did that come from, lol...
No clue on Dark Peach but LLOD beat Junebug, Seagull and Logic earlier this month in tourny, does Slayerz even have any notable wins? Lmao, LLOD >>>>>>>>> Slayerz.
Is Lie better than Mampam?
Yeah, his wins have been listed plenty of times.

:017:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
o word? I think llod should be moved up higher than 5th with wins like that then, I don't even know what dark pch did since apex and I even remember him blogging about how he should never be on the top 5 and something like that.

Illmatic
Silly Kyle
Llod
Kyon
Slayerz

?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
If illmatic really is done with brawl, Kyle should be moved to #1.
Then, it's either Zano, Slayerz, Mickey lenetia. Idk if mikey doesn't play either though, lol.

Just my thought

Tesh

Smash Hero
Actually

1- Nick Riddle
2- Salem
3- V115
4- Dakpo/Bio
5- Dakpo/Bio

Sounds about right ATM too.

Oh come on, you can't just put Dakpo over people for no reason. He is moving to a tougher part of the region soon and will be able to prove himself, but dominating in an isolated region doesn't make him top 5. We should be following results, not assumptions. Dakpo and Bio both don't travel apparently, but Bio has at least beaten many people that have travelled and proven themselves. Dakpo however....has beaten alot of people that also don't travel and prove they are good. I mean he could be better but I don't see what proves it.

I think 3 should be Bio/V115 and Dakpo should be below Y.b.M (his results from ZSS are still above Dakpo's recent ones).

Though I think you should be 3rd with Bio/V115 at 4th/5th.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I usually don't care for the list, but since most of SA got together to play league tonight and we randomly talked about this thread and the top 5 sonics.
Everybody needs to take account for the wins Espy made in Mid tier singles at WHOBO 4.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
That slipped my mind. It's still a toss-up between the likes of Espy and __X__, unless the latter's results really are showing he's performing above Espy. ...then again, I gotta find out what kind of results he IS bringing in.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Espy's wins at whobo4
-Player1 2-0 (pools)
-Jnig 2-0 (pools)
-Ryo 2-0
-Reflex 2-0
-Fallen 2-1
-Ybm
-Chibo

Those are pretty good wins for a single tournament.

KillLock

Smash Lord
I know he hasn't, which is what makes it a hard point to prove, but from watching him you can see how well he controls Marth and is pretty **** smart (plus he has that DSC record but that's besides the point lol). I'd love to see him go out of region if he ever has the ability to, cause I think he'd make some pretty nice upsets if he had the chance.

It is kinda sad that outside of mike, we haven't seen any NA marths do anything lately : ( Wish I didn't suck, lol.

I'm saving money currently to travel a lot next year, starting with APEX. Hopefully I can live up to everyone's expectations, I will be trying my best.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I like the updates so far. A couple of things though:

- Anti is definitely a top 3 MK
- Mampam / Zinoto both may claim a top 5 spot for Diddy. Lie as 3rd, P1/Zinoto as 4th/5th seems like the most sensible choice right now though
- I don't think MVD has the wins to be a top 5 Snake right now. I'd consider Bizkit before him
- Does SK92 even play Falco or play at all anymore? All his recent posts implied that he was quitting. Somebody confirm plz, if so BC should take the spot for 5th Falco or Keitaro
- V115 = top 3 Zamus.
- Atomsk really should be the #1 DDD by now.
- Pwii is probably a better GW than 5th. He may even be 2nd at this point.

:059:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom