• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Pikachu sure can plank, but even then, seems to have difficulty actually getting damage in. Or at least that's what the impression Kprime vs Zeton gave me.

Chuee

Smash Hero
It tells me that peach vs pika is actually difficult (always has been considered to be).

There really is no excuse for a pika losing to a fox with no lgl in place. If you cg him once you win the game. Fox can't handle planking, and pika is very good at planking.
KPrime tried planking game 1.
Didn't work out so well.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Pikachu sure can plank, but even then, seems to have difficulty actually getting damage in. Or at least that's what the impression Kprime vs Zeton gave me.
What? He got the lead so early in the match. It was an easy win from there. Ok so then he got pseudo gayed by the stage (teching is easy though), but then get got the lead by like 40+% AGAIN and still didn't plank and just ate lasers for no reason.

Actually he started planking when he was up a stock and gave him 36% and almost gimped him, but decided to get off the ledge. Why?!?!

I know there aren't a lot of pikachus out there, and I can see kprime knows his character, but I just can't see kprime being the second best pika in all of NA.

EDIT: Chuee, I haven't seen game 1, but I'll take a guess and say he probably wasn't upbing towards the ledge. This is just based off of watching game 3, where his "planking" got interrupted by fox as he was ledge hoping above the ledge.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Pikachu doesnt even need to plank, in fact if he has a lead its even better if he just sits across the stage and ducks. Even worse if pika has a stock lead, fox is basically screwed. Fox doesnt have anything remotely safe that can hit a crouching pika, and approaching a crouching pika is just asking to get dtilted -> grabbed. Prime sort of does this, but after crouching for about 5 seconds for whatever reason he starts to jump and jolt.

What's wrong w/ them? lol
-_- read the last several pages. Pika should be

1.Esam
2.Anther
3.Pikapika
4.Z
5. K Prime

olimar should be

1.Rich
2. logic,
3. Dabuz
4. Fino
5. L cancel

At the very least fino and Z should be 5, but 4 seems more accurate.

Trent

Smash Champion
I feel like the only fair way to have an accurate list of a top 5 is to go off pure results, who they've beaten and who they've lost too. Otherwise this will just be one huge region v region battle (Like it already is.)

Maybe put up reasons why players are put in their spots in the OP? Treat it like a PR?

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Meep and NEO aren't on their respective lists and are arguable worse then the ones who are. Neither of those statements is true for Anther, the only potentially inactive pika on the list. As for Z and PikPik they have recent and better results.

And going to the pikaboards won't help, hardly anyone there plays competitively, lol.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Meep and NEO aren't on their respective lists and are arguable worse then the ones who are. Neither of those statements is true for Anther, the only potentially inactive pika on the list. As for Z and PikPik they have recent and better results.

And going to the pikaboards won't help, hardly anyone there plays competitively, lol.
Meep would be first if he still played or we were going for all time :c. Neo would be top 5 too...

Chuee

Smash Hero
EDIT: Chuee, I haven't seen game 1, but I'll take a guess and say he probably wasn't upbing towards the ledge. This is just based off of watching game 3, where his "planking" got interrupted by fox as he was ledge hoping above the ledge.
Actually KPrime got shinespiked or something like that. and in the process Zeton took enough damage to get out of CG %'s.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Pika got shinespiked.... and died? Is this match getting loaded? I wanna see how this is possible.
No it wasn't saved.
but if I remember correctly KPrime was already at around 70-90%, and once he got spiked Zeton grabbed the ledge when KPrime QAed

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Meep would be first if he still played or we were going for all time :c. Neo would be top 5 too...
I meant if he were to like, enter a tournament today and start playing. No doubt if they got some practice in they would be amazing, but its mostly bc theres a lot of other great IC and Marth mains while good pika mains are pretty difficult to come by, so its easier for anther to enter and do better then most pikas automatically.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Pikachu doesnt even need to plank, in fact if he has a lead its even better if he just sits across the stage and ducks. Even worse if pika has a stock lead, fox is basically screwed. Fox doesnt have anything remotely safe that can hit a crouching pika, and approaching a crouching pika is just asking to get dtilted -> grabbed. Prime sort of does this, but after crouching for about 5 seconds for whatever reason he starts to jump and jolt.

-_- read the last several pages. Pika should be

1.Esam
2.Anther
3.Pikapika
4.Z
5. K Prime

olimar should be

1.Rich
2. logic,
3. Dabuz
4. Fino
5. L cancel

At the very least fino and Z should be 5, but 4 seems more accurate.

Umm, what has Fino done that's notable? I'm just wondering. He does travel a lot I hear, but what does he place? Who does he beat? I also think Kprime may be better than Z. He's in a tougher region and has notable wins. Anther is very inactive, but skill wise is still better than the other Pika's I feel. Logic seem's to have more MU's down w/ Oli, than any other Oli, however isn't that sharp on the MK MU.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
And ESAM lost to Peach, what does that tell you?

He's actually lost to my Peach....

TWICE

WAHAHAHAA!!

that's why he said he was scared of me when he noticed we got the same side of bracket.

It tells me that peach vs pika is actually difficult (always has been considered to be).

There really is no excuse for a pika losing to a fox with no lgl in place. If you cg him once you win the game. Fox can't handle planking, and pika is very good at planking.
Peach vs Pikachu is even, and it always has been.

I honestly think it's advantage Peach though.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10906

I just realized he lost a match to a samus. loooool
Not johning at all, but if I hadn't SD'd game 2, I probably would have 2-0'd him. He carried the momentum onto game 3.

And not that it matters, but the difference between ESAM and the rest of the Pikachus is atrocious. I still remember my set with him at MLG DC. Samus has a stock lead?! NAH! I'MA 2-STOCK YOU IN THE END, NO WORRIES.

That happened both games. I got *****.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Did you play K Prime at Whobo?

I think anther can still run close to ESAM even if he hasnt played in awhile.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Probably because Anther didn't take top 4 at multiple nationals.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
.....including you? lol
I just don't get to play often, I still play in the same amount of spurts I always have and go to tournaments/smashfests when I can.

Anther couldn't even run with ESAM when he still played.
Probably because Anther didn't take top 4 at multiple nationals.
Shun...it sounds like youre just making stuff up to seem like you know something -_-

1) Anther never played consistently at the same time ESAM did. He went to Columbus after hed mostly stopped playing for several months. By that token ESAM was placing low at WF while anther was placing top 8 at nationals. I guess ESAM couldnt run with Anther when they both played either :urg:

2) When Anther played consistently he always placed top 8(6?) at nationals and almost always higher. In terms of tournament placements Anther ~ ESAM.

3) It's one thing to say Anther doesnt have ESAM's accomplishments (which is true) or that ESAM is currently better (also true), its another to say he's not on ESAM's level (not true). Although youd probably need extensive knowledge of pikachu to understand this.

tl;dr learn2pika

ESAM does however have a few more important victories.

Umm, what has Fino done that's notable? I'm just wondering. He does travel a lot I hear, but what does he place? Who does he beat? I also think Kprime may be better than Z. He's in a tougher region and has notable wins. Anther is very inactive, but skill wise is still better than the other Pika's I feel. Logic seem's to have more MU's down w/ Oli, than any other Oli, however isn't that sharp on the MK MU.
That's fine too

1.ESAM
2.Anther
3.PikaPika
4.Prime
5.Z

Prime and Z are pretty close anyways.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
When Anther played he was taking top 4 at nationals...Are you guys dumb? Obv he's not good as Esam now cause he doesn't play now and Esam is more in tune with the metagame now so he's better. People need to shut their mouths though saying that Anther never did this or he was never as good this... Look at the time he played, he was pretty much doing amazing things when he was playing

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Kain has quickly become one of my favorite posters here. So much blunt ****. Anther was ****ing craaaaaazy. He's still pretty good.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
When Anther played he was taking top 4 at nationals...Are you guys dumb? Obv he's not good as Esam now cause he doesn't play now and Esam is more in tune with the metagame now so he's better. People need to shut their mouths though saying that Anther never did this or he was never as good this... Look at the time he played, he was pretty much doing amazing things when he was playing
No he wasn't..I went to every single national back in 08-09 and Anther never took top 4 at any of them. I don't even think he got top 10 at one.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
No he wasn't..I went to every single national back in 08-09 and Anther never took top 4 at any of them. I don't even think he got top 10 at one.
He got 5th at SNES, 7th at the first Apex and 1-3 at every big MW tournament. Top 4 at everyone was mayb blown out of proportion but I know he did well at everything he went to basically and what I meant. Like I said people are trying to downplay him for some apparent reason like he was never ****ing good lmao

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Apex 1: 7th.

What were the other nationals during these time periods? I don't know other then Cot4 honestly...Help lol?

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Thats incorrect. He placed top 8 or better most the ones he went to before he stopped. I think the only time he got less then top 8 was cot4. ESAM has had better placings, but Anther was more consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom