• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
You're the best Lucas lol.
You've improved a lot since we last played.

Pink Fresh is still my bro, though.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Oh my bad Mekos, was just referencing you beating Kadaj a "-2/3" MU to kinda show why wolf and D3 having a heavy advantage on ness doesn't mean as much.

And ierno mekos, FOW seems pretty random to me. He'll d-air off stage without any thought at all which is why it's like impossible to read, he just throws **** like that out there and it works. And he definitely isn't patterned with his aerials or anything which is really good, reading FOW is tough.
@Luxord - It does still mean something tho. I'm an "outlier" in the way I play this game. I only use one character and never give up. If I lose, I learn from the match and only get stronger. I do this by analyzing every flaw in my actions and imagine what I could have done different. I don't just switch characters. This isn't true for many other players so they won't be able to beat those "impossible" matchups.

@Illmatic - :bee:

z00ted

I'm looking at this current top 5 list and there are a lot of things that catch my attention. I really enjoyed how the Dabuz vs Rich Brown session went.. I think a month ago regarding who was the better Olimar. Both players stacked their tournament wins/losses and placements against each other and a decision was made fairly shortly with no crap said afterwards.

I'd like to do that with a lot of players in this thread who I feel as though are at a heated competition concerning who should advance or lower to a position on the list. Both players or their state/region would post their wins/losses and compare them to the others. People could commentate or spectate on what's going on like we already do normally, and I, as well as a few others could make the final decision on what should be done.

Of course, people could always put forth a player to be discussed. But I want to sort of keep an idea going on where the main focus this thread is heading and update the title appropriately so people can add their input if they desire to do so.

i.e:

:falco: - Bloodcross vs. SK92 vs. Pelca

:zerosuitsamus: - Salem vs. Nick Riddle

:peach: - Silly Kyle vs. Nicole

:diddy: - Player-1 vs. Vato vs. Lie

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
FL thinks they have the smartest players, nothing new, we all know its incorrect.

Also, Seagull, besides June, no one in MD/VA would outright have a chance to beat Fow. Poyos mid level MK bodied Coney's main, Chu can't beat ROB, PS is inconsistent and no one else is on par with WCs finest players, hard life.

:017:
I'll MM Fow when I see him.
I'm looking at this current top 5 list and there are a lot of things that catch my attention. I really enjoyed how the Dabuz vs Rich Brown session went.. I think a month ago regarding who was the better Olimar. Both players stacked their tournament wins/losses and placements against each other and a decision was made fairly shortly with no crap said afterwards.

I'd like to do that with a lot of players in this thread who I feel as though are at a heated competition concerning who should advance or lower to a position on the list. Both players or their state/region would post their wins/losses and compare them to the others. People could commentate or spectate on what's going on like we already do normally, and I, as well as a few others could make the final decision on what should be done.

i.e:

:falco:

Bloodcross vs. SK92 vs. Pelca

:zerosuitsamus:

Salem vs. Nick Riddle

:peach:

Kyle vs. Nicole
Pitbull being 2nd above Junebug on this list catches my eye. Like what the ****? And Tearbear@5th on the :fox: list when Zeton isn't even on the list.

Edit: And Fino is probably as good or better then Anuar...He's definitely better then Logic and Denti.

:018:

z00ted

Yeah, Seagull.
All of that stuff I could get to really quick. Not sure about the Denti statement, though.

This list needs some work.
I want to make it as accurate as possible.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Would it really be so bad to have 2 people tied on the list?

Forgive my ignorance for the following examples but it seems like with cases such as Rich Brown vs Dabuz or ADHD vs Gnes, it'd be pretty hard to say which one deserves to be above the other and a tie might be convenient.

Though I guess it could cause a problem if 2 people were to hypothetically be tied for 5th, cause then you could have 6 people on the top 5 list.

z00ted

im sitting in this hospital for the next one to two weeks with nothing to do
please give me this thread

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I don't think this thread should be given to Illmatic just cause of popular demand and cause he has nothing to do for the next few weeks.
Besides, Kryz is still active... if people really want this updated. Someone go to his user profile and complain to him to update this.

z00ted

I don't think this thread should be given to Illmatic just cause of popular demand and cause he has nothing to do for the next few weeks.
Besides, Kryz is still active... if people really want this updated. Someone go to his user profile and complain to him to update this.
Yeah, but he already has a history of not updating.
This is like such an easy thread to manage... few backspaces and type one or two names.

People shouldn't have to wait.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
@Esam - He isn't random. He is just hyper aggro or berserker. Whatever you want to call it. He is like Nairo's MK but with ness. He is confident in his playstyle he created and holds to it.
So you would be like "wth did he really just approach there?". Yes he did lolol
LOL word :I

Shaky

Smash Ace
Cause Kadaj is from Md/Va...O wait. I mean :wolf: kinda ***** :ness2: and so does :dedede:. The fact that I've been able to beat every other :ness2: I've played (Shaky, Gimr, Coney, and randoms) kinda helps me at least.

I don't ever remember Kadaj losing to Mekos with :marth:. I'm sure Craig will correct me on this one.

You beat me 2 years ago at an MLG (98%, last game, last stock) yet you bring it up every 10 days as a testament of how you/Wolf ***** Ness. Well, let's see it then. 20 dollar MM whenever I see you again, and it will get recorded so you can finally shut up about how you're godlike vs Ness.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
You beat me 2 years ago at an MLG (98%, last game, last stock) yet you bring it up every 10 days as a testament of how you/Wolf ***** Ness. Well, let's see it then. 20 dollar MM whenever I see you again, and it will get recorded so you can finally shut up about how you're godlike vs Ness.
-dead-

Shaky is a man, and I respect that

WTF @ Pelca above SK92, Bloodcross, AND Kismet. This thread continues to amaze me

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Kk. I'll MM ya whenever I see ya. I don't even talk about :ness2: much.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Damn, Shaky going in that ***.

Also, when I watch FOW play I ask myself "Why the hell would he do that, and why the hell did it work?" Way too often for me to think he is a smart player. Shaky...not so much. He does a lot of smart things.

@Espy: I know what I'm talking about in terms of "smart" and ****. Let's say I'm playing them. As a smart player (Which nobody can deny at this point, not even tooting my own horn), I can understand when people should be doing certain things because they are the correct option. I can understand those situations and put myself around them/put myself in a situation that makes the smart player uncomfortable because he is unfamiliar with it. I couldn't do the same thing to less smart players because they wouldn't recognize the ****tiness of their situation as well, leading them to be less uncomfortable so they would do more random ****.

Not disrespecting FOW in any way. He is a great player and as of now the clear #1 Ness. I think Shaky could be better if he didn't quit every semester, but as of now he isn't, especially by wins/losses and **** (Although Shaky just beat MVD, a person FOW almost got 3 stocked by 3 times).

falln

Smash Ace
Damn, Shaky going in that ***.

Also, when I watch FOW play I ask myself "Why the hell would he do that, and why the hell did it work?" Way too often for me to think he is a smart player. Shaky...not so much. He does a lot of smart things.

@Espy: I know what I'm talking about in terms of "smart" and ****. Let's say I'm playing them. As a smart player (Which nobody can deny at this point, not even tooting my own horn), I can understand when people should be doing certain things because they are the correct option. I can understand those situations and put myself around them/put myself in a situation that makes the smart player uncomfortable because he is unfamiliar with it. I couldn't do the same thing to less smart players because they wouldn't recognize the ****tiness of their situation as well, leading them to be less uncomfortable so they would do more random ****.

Not disrespecting FOW in any way. He is a great player and as of now the clear #1 Ness. I think Shaky could be better if he didn't quit every semester, but as of now he isn't, especially by wins/losses and **** (Although Shaky just beat MVD, a person FOW almost got 3 stocked by 3 times).

picking "the correct option" the way you define it every time doesn't necessarily make you the smarter player because "correct" is relative to its success in a given scenario. This game isn't just statistics and if the opponent acknowledges that fow is a smart player and prepares for "the correct option" and fow does his dumb **** then tada fow just countered you

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I got mad respect for shaky cuz he only uses ness. This has allowed him to beat an "impossible" matchup like snake.

Esam you are proving my point tho. MVD is EC while Fow is WC. Player vs Player experience is crucial. MVD has a pretty unique snake.
Also, Shaky has probably had many many opportunities to beat MVD.

I mean the reason why people have said for years m2k is the best in the US is because he dominated everywhere. In all regions. Not just WC or EC.
So u can't say a player who is doing well in WC will auto dominate EC players when he hasn't proven it. The only one who does that is like m2k, Ally, ADHD, Larry, and Esam. (back to first discussion - Whether Fow would dominate MD/VA)

@Nairo - Yea, I think so. It's just your mk so a hyper aggro playstyle is better suited for you in my opinion.
I personally don't think hyper aggro is the best for ness. A mix of aggro with bait and punish play would be best imo. I agree with Esam when I watch some of his matches and ask "why is that working". Like when he beat Tyrant a couple of times(seems they are unaware of what to do. M2k says WC only knows how to handle top tier characters). But you can see that Tyrant has learned as Tyrant wins constantly now.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd hope so. He's a good player and plays Meta Knight.
You'll seldom do bad with a combo like that. :applejack:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
ill should definitely have the thread, he knows too much about what everyone does, while krys usually needs clarification and doesn't tend to know of some player's accomplishments compared to the players already on himself.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'll take ownership of the thread. I keep up and know all these goddamn players lmao. But Ill's post count is larger then mine D:.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
kismet for falco list? He's been getting a lot of good wins recently
I watched him play in bracket then immediately got on my phone went to this thread expecting to see him in top 5. I was like wowwww how can this guy not be top five. his falco is top five worthy for sure but I think he needs to travel oos more

:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
guys come on

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 13,753
User Name Posts
Player-1 650
Krystedez 488
Illmatic. 449

i am the best either give it to me or give it someone i recommend which is mekos

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I follow the thread.

I just don't know where to begin.

I'll try to update between babysitting 2 brats and taking a dump while playing League of Legends attempting to find the "caring-nerve-center for brawl related stuff" in my brain again.

:)

(aka I know I suck)
(aka I dont even play much anymore so it kinda effects my caring)
(aka top 5 pits is gunna be diff)

falln

Smash Ace
if you gotta find it why not just pass to someone who already has it and isn't lowering the standards of humanity by playing league of legends

seriously that game is a poison to the earth

and its not even salt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom