• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I have an idea.

Why don't people post their tournament results here, or maybe post more videos of themselves beating someone.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
Yea son...that was a mm. The rest were tourney.
Don't know that killock dude?
did you record it? i wanna see, and you beat zex???wowww if killock goes to sktar (which I doubt he will) y'all should mm. that would be a good show, you should also go after Leon too that would be hype aswell.

:phone:

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Although Soren is not a top 5 MK. For the sake of illmatic "following" players I would like to inform him that at this tournament: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13373 he beat falln and pitbull.

If Soren gets better and takes more notable wins, I could see him surpassing tyrant's 5th spot.

Tootle loooo

More New England updates for players not in the spot light include
JoeST getting 5th at that big AZ tournament, Sails out placing some notable people at COT6 and Nicole placing 4th at some tournament.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Wow, I feel good now.

If we can keep it like this, there wouldn't be much of a problem on who should be in top 5.

Edit--

Instead of just being honest on saying that someone beated someone, at least say it with proof.
There are result threads that show brackets, not to mention placings as well.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wow, I feel good now.

If we can keep it like this, there wouldn't be much of a problem on who should be in top 5.

Edit--

Instead of just being honest on saying that someone beated someone, at least say it with proof.
There are result threads that show brackets, not to mention placings as well.
What do you think they do NOW? This isn't something new. At all.
In fact, this was just a...
+1

Oh god Joe is CLEARLY more biased than Illmatic.
^^^^^^

:applejack:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Man, I'm not even going to argue.

If you clearly think that's what everyone's doing, so be it.
Otherwise, the past pages is proof enough that people aren't posting tourney results, but only saying who they beated.

But let's see, If people comfirm that they've been beating by this or that guy, then that's reasonable enough. I've seen a few.
If they posted a video that is too, but i've seen a few.
Brackets and tournament results? That's a few too.

So yeah, it sums up that mostly of the people here didn't do that.

Or half. I'm never too sure by how many people visit this thread.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You don't read either.
The last few pages have had little to do with who beats who, and more to do with the ownership of the thread.

+1 :applejack:

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
And yet Poltergust is still on Yoshi. :applejack:
that's not even the issue, both dj AND me requested him to removed, needs to be done asap. Polt is the 2nd priority IMO :reverse:

If Soren gets better and takes more notable wins, I could see him surpassing tyrant's 5th spot.
Do you know Tyrant's wins? And the "if ___ gets better and beats better people" has been used to hell and back in this thread LOL
not to say soren is good

Vinyl are you even reading the same thread everyone else is?
what Espy said +1

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If I get better and beat people, I'm going to make my way to Top 5 :popo: :zerosuitsamus: and :pit: over the summer

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Top players in FL?

ESAM
MVD/NickRiddle/Ryo/Seibrik/Mampam/HRNut/Shaky
8-bitman/GOG/ScaryLB/Kyon/Trump/2DJeff

Each section not in order. No offense to Mink, but no.
Thanks Nick riddle but i don't want to be recognized in anyway to this ****ty *** inaccurate top 5. reasons being is that i don't play the game like that anymore. The people on here don't usually know what they're talking about. A lot of them being scrubs that you'll never hear about or see in your life. Top 5 should never exists because they're to many players in the world for this to be accurate ever. Its just a waste of time. Being on the top 5 doesn't make you better. It just make players Big headed. I mean that's my opinion i might get a ton of hate back but its the truth. This is basically the MEAT RIDE thread for some of these players. Not saying you are Nick riddle but a lot of them. Hopefully i remember to check this if i past out lol. xp o and NR i know i missed the last trip to SFL but next time ill go just to see you guys again and get some games in. I have some new falco and IC tech to test on yall. I dont play much but i came up with it in my head at Minks smash fest the other day.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Nah not salt just saying its a waste of time. i have nothing to be salty at yet. You guys have to be better at calling salt lol. Ill let you know when im salty lol

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Having new tech doesn't = i want top 5. But hey if you you wanna be ignorant by all means.
Saying top5 is a waste of time imo also doesn't = Im not aloud to have new tech ;)
I honestly didn't realized i wrote that much until i was done :laugh: i just typed what i said out loud to a couple people in my house. Its actually pretty short if you read it out loud

M@v

Subarashii!
There's a good chance I'm the 5th best fox, whether its actually from me being 5th best, or if it is from lack of fox players (which makes me kinda sad :(, fox needs more rep.)

Who plays fox seriously (actually uses him in important matches) nowadays? The top 3 for fox I fully agree with. Megafox I haven't seen enough of but I'll give him benefit of the doubt for 4th.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Fox is actually one of the harder spots to take on the list.
Megafox definitely deserves 4th, and Tearbear's Fox has some solid wins.

Other than that, there is also Trump and Zeton (who is extremely good) - iirc.

Player-3

Smash Hero
There's a good chance I'm the 5th best fox, whether its actually from me being 5th best, or if it is from lack of fox players (which makes me kinda sad :(, fox needs more rep.)

Who plays fox seriously (actually uses him in important matches) nowadays? The top 3 for fox I fully agree with. Megafox I haven't seen enough of but I'll give him benefit of the doubt for 4th.
i d0

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Oh yeah, Pelca has a really strong Fox also.
Lots of things that need to be considered for Fox, M@v.

I should own this thread btw.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I no longer want to maintain the thread because of other life priorities. I liked doing it during college on off times but now I feel like it's just a waste of time since no one follows any significant order to provide a distinctly unbiased and fair listing.

Many have told me it is not fair. It is never unbiased. It's always inactively updated (even though I updated it less than 2 months ago due to school, people exaggerate that I don't update more than twice a year?...)...

In response, multiple members have asked me to give the thread over to them personally. I want to give it over to someone active, but also someone not biased, as well as a decision made on my own terms.

The criteria for holding the thread is as follows (if it does happen) :
  • people that have gotten infracted multiple times (especially in the Top 5 Thread itself) will automatically become exempt from consideration.
  • Those who show interest may PM me personally.
  • Any rude responses or flaming/trolling from users to my PM box shall be infracted immediately and not considered.
  • The holder maintains it without bias to the best of their ability from hence they've received ownership.

I want what's best for the thread. Either of these things could happen below.

1.) Someone that has the above criteria holds the thread.

2.) The thread is closed indefinitely and / or archived.

3.) Someone temporarily holds / maintains it until I feel like maintaining it again (which would only be if I get back into the scene, but most unlikely)

Thank you, those of you who have supported my endeavors, though lacking; I feel those of you who made the thread enjoyable to run were the ones that made it worth making updates. But seriously, I'm not cut for the job any more. I'm not sure if I ever was. But at least it was better than letting it die. Right? Yeah. Kay.

Good luck to the member who ends up retaining the thread.

EDIT:

I should have someone to own it by tomorrow. I will still be watching the thread from there on out for moderation purposes. If the thread gets out of hand with the new owner, I will close the thread until someone more reputable is given a chance to run it. I don't want the thread to disappear or be closed forever, so that's why I'm doing this a little more cautiously.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Who should own the thread.

Those who have asked for this position and offered their experience and expendable time:

Illmatic
Seagull Man
LordXav1er

Candidates will be added the list above, and then ultimately to a poll. I am not making the decision. I found it rather selfish, and my decision alone won't make anyone happy. So let's move it to a fairer system; DEMOCRACY!

...wait.

anyways have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom