• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Fow would definitely not beat our region with :ness2: though@Vinnie. :ness2: is kinda free for me and Coney due to our mains +2/+3 him. He'd have to go :metaknight:. Unsure if Fow's :metaknight: would beat our region. Sk92 though? Probably **** on most of our region due to the lack of :falco: in Md/Va.

And we do have a 10 Zak. June is definitely a 10...

:018:

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
i definitely use DDD when i don't feel comfortable with ness, but even still if i were to go all ness i'm fairly certain i'd outplace at least two of the ness' already on

nah, no videos saved
Oh, I was just bored so I went to caps-lock mode, but I don't doubt the ness.
And dam >.>
you guys should at least save the GFs for all the small stuff you have T_T

VatoBreak himself claimed that Stevo has a better Mario. Someone put this man as 2nd (or even 1st) best Mario already.
Vato said that? Damn, I need to see this Stevo in action.
And can anyone list his wins, I mean Vato's word means something for when it comes to Mario and being on a PR as god dam mario is nice, but who does/has he beaten?

I should own this thread.
this

FOW could definitely do it. His MK does well against other top 5s in tournament, I mean just to name a few Z, mikeHAZE, sk92, etc He has solid wins outside of that and in cali tournaments he does decently too. His MK isn't to be underrated, definitely up there (I'd call it top 10 if we had it).

@seagull having the +2/3 on him doesn't guarantee a win/a swap, I can't say FOW would go ness against you guys for sure, but not like it's impossible. Mekos took out Kadaj in tournament...and imo FOW is a significantly better singles player, so anything could happen.

Then again you guys have the ness practice from coney so he'd have to go MK :awesome:

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
lol I like this meme
I think nexus would be the best ROB if he had experience
I dont even use rob anymore lol almost all my wins are with tl. but i did beat filip and arty in mms at genesis back when i used him. anyways i know your trolling but i dont use rob anymore lol

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Oh, I was just bored so I went to caps-lock mode, but I don't doubt the ness.
And dam >.>
you guys should at least save the GFs for all the small stuff you have T_T

Vato said that? Damn, I need to see this Stevo in action.
And can anyone list his wins, I mean Vato's word means something for when it comes to Mario and being on a PR as god dam mario is nice, but who does/has he beaten?

this

FOW could definitely do it. His MK does well against other top 5s in tournament, I mean just to name a few Z, mikeHAZE, sk92, etc He has solid wins outside of that and in cali tournaments he does decently too. His MK isn't to be underrated, definitely up there (I'd call it top 10 if we had it).

@seagull having the +2/3 on him doesn't guarantee a win/a swap, I can't say FOW would go ness against you guys for sure, but not like it's impossible. Mekos took out Kadaj in tournament...and imo FOW is a significantly better singles player, so anything could happen.

Then again you guys have the ness practice from coney so he'd have to go MK :awesome:
Cause Kadaj is from Md/Va...O wait. I mean :wolf: kinda ***** :ness2: and so does :dedede:. The fact that I've been able to beat every other :ness2: I've played (Shaky, Gimr, Coney, and randoms) kinda helps me at least.

I don't ever remember Kadaj losing to Mekos with :marth:. I'm sure Craig will correct me on this one.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
this i still nexus, and no its not k cool bro

kira- lol remember that wifi match stingers. dont worry if you go to SKtar we can play there.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
He hasnt been out of state enough to get notable wins. all he has are noticable in state wins.hopefully he can travel to out of state tournies more. BTW AZ takes out vegas in Safara Donates To Negros. AZ > Vegas heh heh
Was this in the crew battle? I figured everything was over by the time I left.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Cause Kadaj is from Md/Va...O wait. I mean :wolf: kinda ***** :ness2: and so does :dedede:. The fact that I've been able to beat every other :ness2: I've played (Shaky, Gimr, Coney, and randoms) kinda helps me at least.

I don't ever remember Kadaj losing to Mekos with :marth:. I'm sure Craig will correct me on this one.

I'm sure you're fantastic at the MU based off the results you've just listed, but FOW is a signficant step above the rest of the list. Just like you and Kain are leagues ahead of 3-5, FOW is waaay ahead of 2-5.

And yeah stingers ninja'd me to the :link: >.>

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Shaky, IMO, is smarter, but that means he can be outsmarted by a lot of people. FOW has the random factor because he doesn't do things that make sense.

ATARi

Smash Rookie
NNID
ATARi-evif
Shaky, IMO, is smarter, but that means he can be outsmarted by a lot of people. FOW has the random factor because he doesn't do things that make sense.
But isn't that what makes FOW more harder to read?, FOW is also a smart player as well.
So its like impossible to Predict him since he uses random patterns.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
I should own this thread.

I don't care about life or school and have unlimited amount of free time.
Plus... no state bias because practically everyone here has secured their spot.
I follow/know a lot of players' wins or accomplishments for some odd reason.
And I'm chill when it comes to being fair about where to place people.

Everything would be perfect.
Yo what are my accomplishments.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Yo what are my accomplishments.
You made this really easy.

Judging off of the amount of entrants in these tournaments, no link provided, and the well known players that reside around your area haven't been discussed of being defeated by you anywhere... I can't really say I've heard of anything extremely notable as far as wins are concerned from you.

Definitely nothing around the caliber of Bloodcross or SK92, so I wouldn't worry about top 5 at the moment.

Not necessarily your fault, though. You just probably have to travel and contend with higher leveled players, beat them, and accumulate more rank. High or low density in skill level of certain locations can really suck at times, but it seems as though you are very diligent in keeping your scene alive which is something that should not go unnoticed.

[COLLAPSE=""]1st/20?@Spring Smash 09' FGCU 3/20/09

20/62@Fall Brawl 10' FGCU 10/9/09

17/27@Come and get spiked' Gainesville 2/20/10

1st/32@Spring Smash 10' FGCU 3/27/10

9/32@We be smashin' Port Charlotte 5/1/10

1st/12@The ****in catlina wine mixer Tampa 5/8/10

1st/25@Minks B-Day invitational Brawl FGCU 5/22/10

17/40@Brawlin by the Beach West Palm Beach 6/12/10

17/34@Holy Smash Lake Alfred 6/19/10

4th/11@WATO 11.5 Orlando 7/24/10

13/22@Willvolution 2010 West Palm Beach 7/31/2010

17/38@HolySmash: Exodus Lake Alfred 8/7/2010

1st/15@Niglet Rumble The 4th: Stacked Lake Alfred 8/10/2010

3rd/16@The ****in catlina wine mixer 2 Tampa 8/14/2010

1st/15@The Nub Academy: Schools back in session FGCU 9/2/10

5th/15@Labor Day Brawl Merritt Island 9/6/10

9th/62@FGCU Fall Brawl 2010 FGCU 9/18/10

13/20@FGCU Smash Alpha FGCU 10/2/10

1st/11@Nub Acedemy 2: Make Up Exam FGCU 10/21/10

1st/11@Nub Acedemy 3: Grade Forgiveness FGCU 11/10/10

17/26@GallaxFest Orlando 11/13/2010

1st/16@Nub Academy 4: Bright Futures FGCU 11/20/10

5th/15@FGCU Smash Omega FGCU 12/4/10

13/47@Holy Smash: Leviticus Lake Alfred 12/18/10

1st/13@Nub Academy 5: Drop Date FGCU 1/28/11

5th/66@FGCU Spring Smash 2011 FGCU 2/27/11

7th/21@Play and Trade Oviedo 3/12/11

1st/18@Nub Academy 7: All Nighter FGCU 3/26/11

7th/19@WATO 14 Orlando 4/9/11

1st/27@Nub Academy 8: Open House FGCU 4/23/11

7th/34@GallaxFest 6 Orlando 7/24/11

17/41@WATO 15 Orlando 7/31/11

5th/24@Holy Smash: Numbers Lake Alfred 8/6/11

1st/24@Nub Academy 9: Freshman Fifteen FGCU 9/17/11

19/47@Birdday Banana Bonaza Stuart 10/15/11

2/61@FGCU Fall Brawl 2011 FGCU 11/5/11

13/19@We Be Smashin 2 Port Charlotte 12/3/11

1/20@Nub Academy 11: Jr Year FGCU 12/11/11

5/23@Holy Smash: Deuteronomy Lake Alfred 12/17/11

2/7@Happy Brawlidays Tampa 12/20/11

2/5 In pools @APEX 2012 400 Entrants New Jersey 1/6-8/12

2/28@Come to Papa Orlando 2/11/12

5/23@NLL 5 Dolla Footdives 3/17/12

3/39@FGCU Spring Smash 2012 3/24/12

1st/16@Nub Academy 13 Finals Week 4/14/12

7th/31@Next Level Lan Five dolla foot dives 5/19/12[/COLLAPSE]

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
If a report like that doesn't earn a man a thread, idk what does. Especially if he can do that for most top players. Never knew FGCU hosted so many events, and I live in Gainesville and have never heard of "come and get spiked". Maybe it was just too long ago.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Why am I always pulled into these convos lol?

Yo even with Seagulls comment I'm with him on this one. You guys have to realize player vs player experience is very important. Them WC players have played each other a TON!! They have each others habits downloaded. If Fow comes to the EC he will not be aware of what his opponents will do and it won't be domination like some of you say. He plays hyper aggro and their are plenty of players that know how to handle that over here. Chudat, the most patient player would probably give Fow's ness a problem(another example for MD/VA).

@Esam - He isn't random. He is just hyper aggro or berserker. Whatever you want to call it. He is like Nairo's MK but with ness. He is confident in his playstyle he created and holds to it.
So you would be like "wth did he really just approach there?". Yes he did lolol

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Oh my bad Mekos, was just referencing you beating Kadaj a "-2/3" MU to kinda show why wolf and D3 having a heavy advantage on ness doesn't mean as much.

And ierno mekos, FOW seems pretty random to me. He'll d-air off stage without any thought at all which is why it's like impossible to read, he just throws **** like that out there and it works. And he definitely isn't patterned with his aerials or anything which is really good, reading FOW is tough.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Shaky, IMO, is smarter, but that means he can be outsmarted by a lot of people.
What the hell?
That makes no sense.

Because Shaky is smarter than FOW, he'll get outsmarted by more people than FOW?

I think you're using the wrong words here. Maybe you can say that FOW is more clever, or more cunning than Shaky, but smarter? I don't think that works. :applejack:

Luigi player

Smash Master
I think he means that Shaky is smarter, but he relies more on that than Fow, so he isn't as good on other aspects (like having many tricks, mixups, or something?), so if he is getting outsmarted he can't make up for it, unlike Fow.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
FL thinks they have the smartest players, nothing new, we all know its incorrect.

Also, Seagull, besides June, no one in MD/VA would outright have a chance to beat Fow. Poyos mid level MK bodied Coney's main, Chu can't beat ROB, PS is inconsistent and no one else is on par with WCs finest players, hard life.

:017:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Someone give me this thread and I'll make things very, very, very interesting.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Yeah it's sad. Pro level mks will run through our region. Not like it's a surprise though, he'd do the same to a lot of other regions. If he went all Ness, then no tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom