• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patches

Smash Master
Meek didn't go. But he's beaten mr r. Nuff said.

Legit though. He always places like top 5 at our tournaments an has beaten a good number of good players too I'm sure.

:phone:

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
I dont even know how the sonic list should go. Maybe speed down to 5...... i....... dont even know...........

Coney

Smash Master
I mean, Speed sucks now. He's in my crew and I love the guy to death but he's been pretty bad since Pound 5. He doesn't really play Brawl anymore anyway. If he's at 5, it should only be because of a lack of Sonic rep.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I can guarantee you, there is DEFINITELY not a lack of Sonic rep lmao.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
well if we go by what coney said then.......

1/2: Espy/X
3/4: D1a0S/Meek
5:Tesh??(The only sonic main i can think of other than Trent)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
X wants me to tell you that he was the highest placing Sonic at Apex... Yeah...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Meekspeedy 3rd without a doubt.
4th/5th are D1AOS and Speed.

Not entirely sure how D1AOS has done lately that would push him over Speed, but a bunch of the Sonic mains have been relatively idle for the last few months, not including APEX. :applejack:

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
Sonic list IMO

1/2: Espy/X...this is kinda obvious.
3: Meek - beat Mr. R/Chibo @ Apex, places relatively well in region.
4. D1AOS - Beat Kain @ Apex(I think), places really well in region, although his region is much weaker than players above him. He's also beat Will before, and taken players such as Junebug to game 3.
5. Many contenders -

WEDGE: 2-0'd Logic @ Apex...in fact he 2-0'd his whole 1st round pool. Not sure of how he places in region, but I've seen him place relatively well, considering his region.

Speed: Despite his rather poor performance at Apex, he usually puts in some type of work when he attends a tourney, and has a list of impressive (maybe a little outdated) wins. Unfortunately he's rather inactive, and has a lacking care for Brawl nowdays. I'm sure he'd like to see someone else on the list.

Tesh: I haven't seen his results, but I've heard some people talk about him on the boards/AiB.

Mexican Sonics: Don't count Mexico out, they have Sonic mains such as wonf and Jluis who aren't to be underrated. Although they're generally good, I'm not sure what results they have to prove they're good.

If I had to pick one it'd have to be WEDGE. He's been underrated for so long, and he does generally do work, and doesn't get the recognition he deserves simply because he's out-shined by other Sonic mains. It's his time to shine.

Tesh

Smash Hero
well if we go by what coney said then.......

1/2: Espy/X
3/4: D1a0S/Meek
5:Tesh??(The only sonic main i can think of other than Trent)
I outplaced Trent at my first ever tournament, fresh off of wifi. And that was forever ago, just think how good I must be now?
Sonic list IMO

1/2: Espy/X...this is kinda obvious.
3: Meek - beat Mr. R/Chibo @ Apex, places relatively well in region.
4. D1AOS - Beat Kain @ Apex(I think), places really well in region, although his region is much weaker than players above him. He's also beat Will before, and taken players such as Junebug to game 3.
5. Many contenders -

WEDGE: 2-0'd Logic @ Apex...in fact he 2-0'd his whole 1st round pool. Not sure of how he places in region, but I've seen him place relatively well, considering his region.

Speed: Despite his rather poor performance at Apex, he usually puts in some type of work when he attends a tourney, and has a list of impressive (maybe a little outdated) wins. Unfortunately he's rather inactive, and has a lacking care for Brawl nowdays. I'm sure he'd like to see someone else on the list.

Tesh: I haven't seen his results, but I've heard some people talk about him on the boards/AiB.

Mexican Sonics: Don't count Mexico out, they have Sonic mains such as wonf and Jluis who aren't to be underrated. Although they're generally good, I'm not sure what results they have to prove they're good.

If I had to pick one it'd have to be WEDGE. He's been underrated for so long, and he does generally do work, and doesn't get the recognition he deserves simply because he's out-shined by other Sonic mains. It's his time to shine.
Mexican Sonic's are super entertaining man. I like those combo videos and stuff.

I'm definitely top 5 though. Wedge mains Scourge.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Xaltis Sonic is definitely not top five material.
I forgot that D1AOS beat Kain at APEX, thanks for reminding me, Meek.

Yeah, definitely 4th over Speed then.
Speed IS incredibly inactive though. Tends to gravitate towards MK9 and Marvel now. Probably better to stick Wedge on 5th.

Or maybe KID, but Wedge does usually do some work compared to others. :applejack:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Im not doing a top 5 random but people keep fantasizing about it.

Even so I will consider every result for random tourneys and random placings for a special sub-event later on. :3... BUT ONLY THOSE WHO POST LEGITIMATE RESULTS WILL BE CONSIDERED, I DONT LOOK AT "OH I WON THIS" ... I LOOK AT RESULT THREADS.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
I can vouch for Sauc3, his Samus bodies people all day up here in the northern lands.

Na but really, his Samus is REALLY good, and he has results (somewhere, I could dig them up possibly, if you like) to back it up. 5th for Samus, maybe even 4th or 3rd.

Nicole

Smash Champion
i just want to throw this out there:

pretty much everyone that is decent has a win on me if they've played me enough/once. i hardly think wins over me should really effect one's standing. its really not THAT impressive, mainly because i place and play very inconsistently and i have lost to many people i should not have lost to. also anyone can just pick snake and have at least a 70% chance of beating me.

that being said i totally still deserve my #2 peach spot and i'm the sshhiitt

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
So how about that sonic list?
Seeing as how Meek covered everything else. I'll just +1 to Wedge.

-Made it to R2 Pools at APEX
-2-0ed his whole pool. (Logic, Luminoth, Thugz and Telu)
-2-0s Cheese in his R2 pool

Wedge is no slouch and is definitely 5th on the list. The only other Sonics that have some backing for this place are Kuraudo, Kinzer and MAYBE Tesh.

Goggles and Speed are inactive, BAM doesn't attend many tournaments, Trent doesn't play anymore, I only use Sonic in like 1 match-up and all the other Sonics don't have comparable results.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
1. Espy (obv)
2. X (obv)
3. Meekspeedy (Places consistently well in Canada, Does well against top names, etc.)
4. D1AOS (Places consistently in his terrible region, and takes out a couple of named players when he goes oor)
5. Tesh (Does pretty okay in Texas)

My two cents.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i just want to throw this out there:

pretty much everyone that is decent has a win on me if they've played me enough/once. i hardly think wins over me should really effect one's standing. its really not THAT impressive, mainly because i place and play very inconsistently and i have lost to many people i should not have lost to. also anyone can just pick snake and have at least a 70% chance of beating me.

that being said i totally still deserve my #2 peach spot and i'm the sshhiitt
What does "people I should not have lost to" mean? If you're inconsistent, then why shouldn't you have lost...? If you LOST, then why shouldn't you have lost?

theunabletable

Smash Lord
only three players with more than one character listed in the top 5, ally, trela, and vato_break.

vato tied with trela for second best all around player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom