• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
No....just no....Prawn quit, KC24 plays in RI only tourneys (which the ruleset is a fking joke), peachkid hasnt been ranked in 2 years, same with melo and Bass.

If anything a win on bass is the only good win you have ever had. But if you won it at one of your RXB tourneys with the craptastic ruleset then its a joke and shouldnt be counted toward anything except for a good punchline.
They were at Mass Madness during a ranking period. I was #11th Pelca was 10th at that time

Pretty sure everyone currently top 9 in NE and up can give any top Link trouble or beat them, some have already including you.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
They were at Mass Madness during a ranking period. I was #11th Pelca was 10th at that time

Pretty sure everyone currently top 9 in NE and up can give any top Link trouble or beat them, some have already including you.
That must have been what, almost 2 years ago?

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
True then my best wins as of currently would be KC, Chef Fox and Melo. (within the 5 months I became active again)

I'll start from here.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
True then my best wins as of currently would be KC, Chef Fox and Melo.
all of which have been won at

AN RXB TOURNEY.

lemme post the ruleset

General Gameplay Rules
2 Stocks

6 Minute Time Limit

Items set to "Off" and "None"

Pause set to "Off"

All infinites and chain grabs are legal.

Meta Knight is banned.

Set count for pools is best 2/3, brackets best 2/3, and finals (Grand Finals, Winners Finals & Losers Finals) best 3/5.

Swallowcides, Ganons's and Bowser's side B suicides will result in a win for the player who initiated the attack.

There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 20 for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.

The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 200%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects:
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).

If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (coincidentally) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 10 for all characters.

If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death or a suicide attack declares a winner.

Modified Rules for Doubles

Team Attack set to "On"

Life stealing is allowed.

In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.

In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure

Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)

Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.

Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.

The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through Randomizing Starters.

The first match is played.

The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).

There is a total of three "Stage Bans" per person or team (Can be done before any match in the set).

The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.

The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.

The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.

The next match is played.

Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Stage List

Starters: Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Battlefield, Castle Siege, Final Destination, Delfino Plaza, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Pokémon Stadium 1 and Pokemon Stadium 2.

Counterpicks: Battleship Halberd, Brinstar, Frigate Orpheon, Norfair, Pictochat, Luigi's Mansion, Port Town Aero Drive, Jungle Japes, and Skyworld.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
The funny thing tho is results have never been any different. The good players still come out on top. Even when the rules were worse lol

mikeray4

Smash Ace
You fail to upload all the other friendlies that were 3 stock normal rules where I beat everyone but your Snake which was last hits.
Here you admit that your rules aren't "normal" and that with "normal rules" you do better against people that are infact worse than you (with a given character such as BC's bowser). if this is true then don't you think that your wins on KC24(no name) Melo (hasnt been ranked in 3 years) and chef fox (new player) shouldn't be taken into consideration?

Anyway, X, when your own region says that you shouldn't be a top 5 link...I'm sure that you shouldn't be one.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Lol Fuujin why would you even put me as a win when it was just a 1 dollar mm and I was practicing IC's :I

:phone:
If you beat a good player who isn't going their main/ a character they aren't good with it still counts, by the Xavier logic.

I don't really take that win srsly though, I'm just using his own logic against him.

Anyway, X, when your own region says that you shouldn't be a top 5 link...I'm sure that you shouldn't be one.
I have to agree with this, I mean if your own region doesn't even want to support you...

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
After watching that vid, X, You have some work to do. Everything you did was straight forward and predictable. Also, idk how you think you're going to kill with a dj Dair. You tried it so many times too it just doesn't work. You're link, you're not supposed to force a kill that way you're supposed to use projectiles in a way that allows you to punish a mistake they made for the kill.
I understand Link's metagame. Top 5 link plox? :O

What are you trying to say Fuujin? You saying my IC's are terrible? D:< Ill have you know I once beat someone in IC dittos.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Here you admit that your rules aren't "normal" and that with "normal rules" you do better against people that are infact worse than you (with a given character such as BC's bowser). if this is true then don't you think that your wins on KC24(no name) Melo (hasnt been ranked in 3 years) and chef fox (new player) shouldn't be taken into consideration?

No. The difference was it was tourney for one. 2 stocks isn't even much different. After BC beat me with Bowser he asked to go to 3 stock 8 mins regular rules to prepare for APEX. I beat everyone but Snake which were all super close (he uses Snake in tourneys too) I really wanted him to go Falco but it was too late lol.

After watching that vid, X, You have some work to do. Everything you did was straight forward and predictable. Also, idk how you think you're going to kill with a dj Dair. You tried it so many times too it just doesn't work. You're link, you're not supposed to force a kill that way you're supposed to use projectiles in a way that allows you to punish a mistake they made for the kill.

Well if someone only uploads your worst performance I would agree too.

Only you and BC really who have played me say such, but yeah if that is the case.

1. KirinBlaze
2. Legan
3. Scizor
4. TuTu
5. TearBear/LordXav1er

for now.

What are you trying to say Fuujin? You saying my IC's are terrible? D:< Ill have you know I once beat someone in IC dittos.

This is very untrue. I base my link off of deva. If you randomly full hop dair, it will hit every now and then. Just like the rest of link's moves.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
No. The difference was it was tourney for one. 2 stocks isn't even much different. After BC beat me with Bowser he asked to go to 3 stock 8 mins regular rules to prepare for APEX. I beat everyone but Snake which were all super close (he uses Snake in tourneys too) I really wanted him to go Falco but it was too late lol.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Well if someone only uploads your worst performance I would agree too.
The thing is though even when someone plays their worst you can still see some kind of habit( or anything really) that shows the person has some kind of understanding of how to do
well in this game. I saw nothing. You kept going for the same things and never mixed it up. I'm not sure how much different your best performance would be. Mind linking me to some videos?

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
The thing is though even when someone plays their worst you can still see some kind of habit( or anything really) that shows the person has some kind of understanding of how to do
well in this game. I saw nothing. You kept going for the same things and never mixed it up. I'm not sure how much different your best performance would be. Mind linking me to some videos?

Sure I'll have them up by tonight when Penta sends them to me.

*Penta should be on G&W

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Mike it's just time to say "lol okay Xavier" and walk away.

Arguing with him can be fun for a while but he just will not stop, no matter how many times you prove him wrong he will pull something else up and run with it.

Roller

Smash Legend
DAMN. NE for best region?????

Lol Fuujin why would you even put me as a win when it was just a 1 dollar mm and I was practicing IC's :I
Why would you put him as a win regardless? :yeahboi:

Real talk tho, you picking up ICs now, Raptor? =o

Sure I'll have them up by tonight when Penta sends them to me.

*Penta should be on G&W
no.

Roller

Smash Legend
The only one on the :gw: list that could be moved off imo is UTDzac, simply for inactivity.

The rest may deserve to switch spots or whatever, but Penta should not pass any of those players...

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
soooooo
me > X
my region and 2 oos support me
X supports him self
NE doesnt
Its come down to a popularity contest.

The only one on the :gw: list that could be moved off imo is UTDzac, simply for inactivity.

The rest may deserve to switch spots or whatever, but Penta should not pass any of those players...
Penta should probably be 5th, unless there are better G&W's out there in MW/SoCal/Mexico

Vex and GIMR still use him?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Eh if somebody really deserved to be on the list that person shouldn't have to advertise as much as you have, Lord Xavier. Keep going though this thread has become entertaining.

Roller

Smash Legend
Penta should probably be 5th, unless there are better G&W's out there in MW/SoCal/Mexico

Vex and GIMR still use him?
He should definitely not be 5th. I played him at an NYC tourney a few months back and pretty sure I double 2 stocked him. (could be wrong, but I know I won the set)

Honestly, Patches may be above him.

o, OMFGz or w/e his name is. He actually beat me in a mm at apex. I was impressed with his :gw:. He is def better than Penta, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom