• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
When Holms was in his prime, he was the 2nd best Wolf in the World.
I do not agree with this statement in the slightest. Holms has never been better then Semifer, Kain, or Choice. When Holms started getting noticed around Whobo 3 (3/18/11), I too was considered at the top of that :wolf: metagame.

I am still confused to this day how Holms gets away with spamming c-stick smashes on people's shields loooool.

I do consider him a top 5 NA :wolf: though.

:018:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Really now?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 27 (23 members and 4 guests)
Seagull Man, King~, falln, LordXav1er, RaptorTEC, UTDZac, DeLux, MVD, stingers, Toomai, clowsui, swordgard, Roller, Sinister Slush, DotHack, Gifts, Zekeishere, DarkFlameX, C.J., allshort17

:018:

Tearbear

Smash Ace
so I think we all agreed to me > X for 4th spot for link

wheres that update @ krystedez

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
What, to put you on and rearrange and put Blubba down / off?

Ill do it if everyone's cool with it, I was sorta waiting to see if any super special awesome Link mains were out there doing work in the past 6 months, but I guess we'll just have to settle with another 5th place-placeholder putting Tearbear for fifth best Link main.

:troll:

(I'm heading back to my apartment, I'll update it then I guess)

Cassio

Smash Master
fyi whether people approve of it or not, pools wins in socal were important. I dont know if its still the case but when Ven was in socal they were considered in PR. It was mostly so that our tournament could have more of a round robin format and give players more exposure, but theyre done at most tournaments.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
krys, theres been a discussion on link and zelda for the past two days where have u been?

Roller

Smash Legend
What, to put you on and rearrange and put Blubba down / off?

Ill do it if everyone's cool with it, I was sorta waiting to see if any super special awesome Link mains were out there doing work in the past 6 months, but I guess we'll just have to settle with another 5th place-placeholder putting Tearbear for fifth best Link main.

:troll:

(I'm heading back to my apartment, I'll update it then I guess)
Krys, did you read any of the serious posts about Tutu's Link? I actually DO believe it should be top 5. I mean come on, he has made more money in tourney with Link in the past year than anyone else on the continent. There is a reason.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
krys, theres been a discussion on link and zelda for the past two days where have u been?
This lol

TearBear you probably do have a better Link. You just need to post more results/videos.

Yo I should be the 4th best link or the 5th my link is better than X's at least.

More good Link users? Videos/Results would be nice guys.

Link List

1. KirinBlaze
2. Legan
3. Scizor
4. LordXav1er
5. TearBear/Tutu?

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Yo take Bleach off as a top Falco Kismet is back and active again as Falco he deserves the 4th spot and keep arty at 5th for now imo

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Arty should DEFINITELY be 4th. Kismet or Bloodcross for 5th.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Videos only count as a way to figure out what place / wins mexican players get since they don't post their damn results.

What I want is to figure out how high / what people Tearbear has placed/beat using Link and how much of Link he used vs the same with Tutu, that's all.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
This lol

TearBear you probably do have a better Link. You just need to post more results/videos.

More good Link users? Videos/Results would be nice guys.

Link List

1. KirinBlaze
2. Legan
3. Scizor
4. LordXav1er
5. TearBear/Tutu?
you mean more wifi replays and against random people like nintendoboy128?
well link dont work on my wifi so yeah :/
and nintendoboy is inactive

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I thought Bloodcross and Bleachigo were the same person.

Arty and Kismet for 4 and 5.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
Videos only count as a way to figure out what place / wins mexican players get since they don't post their damn results.

What I want is to figure out how high / what people Tearbear has placed/beat using Link and how much of Link he used vs the same with Tutu, that's all.
we discussed that yesterday
altho the tutu talk just started today

either way my link > X's

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
you mean more wifi replays and against random people like nintendoboy128?
well link dont work on my wifi so yeah :/
and nintendoboy is inactive
Ignored/missed all the offline results I see. I am just as active offline as am online with Link ;).

Your Link is solid fundamentally but you have yet to do anything from what I read from your post. You did ok vs Havok, the MU is not terrible for Link tho.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'll look at your previous posts, but I don't recall any of you posting wins / results recently, it's just been IM A TOP 5 LINK NO I AM **** YEA YOU ARE BUT IM BETTER THAN X BLAH

Xavier been on here for a while, but I wouldn't mind seeing all three of you dig up results if you want it a certain way:

1.) Kirin
2.) Legan
3.) Scizor
4.) Xavier / Tearbear / Tutu
5.) Xavier / Tearbear / Tutu

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
It wasn't that bad honestly. Basic but smart fundamental Link. Just would like to know if you do more stuff with Link instead of 1 hit wonder sorta thing, 5th is so debatable lol

Oh you, my list wouldn't have you 5th bro your still not fit to be that low, just wish you would use him more often atm.

Terry shouldn't be over Scizor unless he has some actual results as Link.

ALSM quit Link and requested to be off.

Hmm true... Blubba can't enter his own scene since 09 I believe so its kinda sad for him >__<. Honestly he has a video coming up soon I believe of him vs MJG and that is probably going to be his best shot on here.

The second list seems best I just don't know enough about TearBear's Link.

5th is a toss up really but TearBear I don't doubt has a solid Link.

As for me I been active in RI for quite some time now I am currently ranked 2nd best player here only behind Kid Craft's Sonic by a little. I haven't gone out of region for about a year now. I used to get decent results when I did as a Link but that is the past.

R.X.B. 4
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315747
Lost to Somacruz and Chef Fox, 3rd in pools lost to Bizkit and Venom.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4uuNq__f8g

R.X.B. 3
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=312326
lost to Chef Fox only... EVEN AFTER I BEAT HIM GETTING 1ST IN POOLS x_x.

R.X.B. 2
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308112
lost to Ydg and Quest

R.X.B.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305977
lost to Prawn and Bass (Controller johns vs Bass)

Legend of Providence... very stacked for 7 man tourney lol
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=303116
lost to TeeVee and Duke.

Quality Inn
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305515
Lost to Fatal and Watkins

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gItK8x5zY7I

Mass Madness 23
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289323
Lost to Riot and Helpr

KOTC
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=281992
Lost to Green Ace and Watkins
Beat Prawn *Ranked IC at time*

There will be more videos of me up soon for offline (Recently got 1st and 2nd at two RI locals).
Reposting/editing so ya don't miss.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
Ignored/missed all the offline results I see. I am just as active offline as am online with Link ;).

Your Link is solid fundamentally but you have yet to do anything from what I read from your post. You did ok vs Havok, the MU is not terrible for Link tho.
ur going too much off being active which is a lame way to place ur self above me
I mean havok > terrible D3 that you barley beat

and i already posted my wins and loses and had multiple people vouch for me from socal and oos

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Well 1. I go 100% through all his hardest MUs. You play so many characters that you CP a lot of them.

2. Havok is your only video. You did ok but could of done better, I've had better sets vs Fatal TBH. (Not all my best moments were saved/recorded unfortunately)

3. I can't tell your results still so that mainly bothers me.

I've had money matches and bracket matches with ranked players in NE Fatal, Koolaid, Pelca, TeeVee etc... some were close but don't count if its not a win in the end. I've won money matches too but that's mainly non ranked players.

I won the 1st RI Local of 12 players (KC 24 included). Got 2nd last Saturday in the second losing to only KC (15 people).

Those matches will be up tomorrow.

Basically I'm lacking videos offline it seems so I'll be fixing that shortly ;)

vato_break

Smash Master
all you need is good fundamentals in this game, lol. me and terrys set was saved, so ill try to upload them soon. I watched a couple of your matches, you seem to make a lot more bad descions than tearbear does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom