• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Oh **** top 2.
I concede defeat.
You just look for something to pick out xD I've had a super tough 7 man tourney one time... No more tourneys at PnT here...

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12535

That one well... Just do research on the three people he placed under...

Also as far as I know you don't show any results where you beat someone good/decent/pro or at least comparable to ven's. If you have any good wins then yeah you'd be top 2 worthy too.

Fuujin

Smash Champion

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Although I kinda have to ask if there's a statute of limitations on wins/losses

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Fuujin beat me in a set
Yes, but notice how I'm not clinging to this as a major reason to be #1 Zelda.
Just like when I beat Hades in pools at SiiS.

It was clear neither of you knew the MU so I don't go around flaunting that I beat someone who was clueless at the match up in tournament.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Getting into bracket doesn't really mean he was a better player, depending on size of the tournament, lot of variables could go into play. Harder MU's in one pool and not in the other, easier overall players.

I think who you beat should be more taken into account rather than only results. Kinda dumb if you ask me.

DeLux

It was also my third tournament ever :)

I learned running and dash grabbing people is not a viable strategy from you ;)

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I learned running and dash grabbing people is not a viable strategy from you ;)
Yeah that's how people came to think it was an even MU.
depending on size of the tournament, lot of variables could go into play. Harder MU's in one pool and not in the other, easier overall players.
Couldn't the exact same thing be said about placements?

Roller

Smash Legend
Other regions really don't put as much emphasis on pools as you guys are right now.
It's true. I find it absurd that people are citing non-nationals pool results here for justifications..
Fuujin beat me in a set
ok, you convinced me, I'll take your spot now.
Yeah that tourney was October 9th of 2010. (DeLux wasn't a top 5 IC at the time, but is now.) How long ago can results be counted?
nvm, that's prob around the time I got ***** by Atomsk's DDD. L

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I love the criteria people hold for a lot of characters. Makes me proud Wolf mains have such strong instincts to challenge for position in the pack instead of ho-hum stuff.

DeLux

It's true. I find it absurd that people are citing non-nationals pool results here for justifications..

ok, you convinced me, I'll take your spot now.

nvm, that's prob around the time I got ***** by Atomsk's DDD. L
Roller should be top 5 ICs because I'm free

Roller

Smash Legend
Wait. Do people actually go their mains consistently in pools out there???

I see that Tearbear doesn't, because he is apparently a man.

Also. Tutu's Zelda 3 stocked L_Cancel's Wario. I have the replay on my wii. I believe this puts him in contention for #2 on the list.

Alsoalso. I'm more free than DeLux. That man made it to brackets at APEX. Real talk, I couldn't get out of round 1. ;;

freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

DeLux

Basically DeLux was a noob back then, is what I'm understanding. :urg:
I'm still a noob

Also. Tutu's Zelda 3 stocked L_Cancel's Wario. I have the replay on my wii. I believe this puts him in contention for #2 on the list.

Alsoalso. I'm more free than DeLux. That man made it to brackets at APEX. Real talk, I couldn't get out of round 1. ;;

freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
You got robbed and I got lucky is all. The results didn't really reflect who is better between us imo

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Couldn't the exact same thing be said about placements?
Yeah which is why I kinda said what I did in the 2nd part you didn't quote. I mean it's nice if you won a tournament or something, but what if you dodge everyone good to get there? Or there weren't any good players there at all?

Results shouldn't play the only part in deciding who should be above who. I think it is a more accurate to see who they beat to judge players skillwise. Only discrepancy that can come with that is some players are exposed to certain MU's more depending on region compared to others so will do better in said MU's.

Basically...Ven beating Richbrown and Z is very respectable. Just look at how they placed at Apex. I think it's easy to decide from that that he should prolly at least be Top 2 for Zeldas (no disrespect to the other Zeldas)

List is kind of inaccurate for that reason because it only keeps ppl on the list if their active rather than how good they are. If anything this should just be a competition thread then and whoever keeps getting good placements should be #1 all the time.

Fuujin

Smash Champion

This is what I'm thinking.
People in my region have been known to go all CF in pools just for the lulz unless it's a very large tournament, I've never seen anyone place emphasis on beating another player in bracket when its a smaller tournament.

ohh ****

by dat Xavier logic beating a top player in pools constitutes top 2 for said character.

but wait how long ago was this cuz if L Cancel he wasnt a top wario it totally doesn't count.

Results shouldn't play the only part in deciding who should be above who. I think it is a more accurate to see who they beat to judge players skillwise. Only discrepancy that can come with that is some players are exposed to certain MU's more depending on region compared to others so will do better in said MU's.

List is kind of inaccurate for that reason because it only keeps ppl on the list if their active rather than how good they are. If anything this should just be a competition thread then and whoever keeps getting good placements should be #1 all the time.
Well I mean if were REALLY gonna go by pools, then I'm sure we would have a plethora of new players rushing in saying "Oh I beat (insert top player here) in pools, make me top _____".
Just like roller posted, Tutu 3 stocked L_Cancel, by this logic he's automatically in the running for top 2 Zelda as well.
I think it's sort of a region thing, apparently SoCal takes their pools very srsly and other regions clown around in them sometimes.
Then we might as well go on to involve Money Mathces, most people take those more seriously than the average pool.

It should be a mixture of both overall results and who beats who and the situation imo.

Roller

Smash Legend
I think it was the day after APEX. And L_Cancel is #1 Olimar in my heart, so that makes his Wario a notable win, which puts him above someone who beat Z, because I have lost to L_Cancel's Olimar in the past and I beat Z.

ipso facto.. Tutu= #1 Zelda and is in the running for #4 Link.

EDIT: O. I ALMOST FORGOT. Tutu ALSO beat the legendary Hot_ArmS with Zelda in a MM for a snapple. The clincher tho? This happened LESS THAN A WEEK AGO.

#1 Tutu
#2 Fuujin
#3 ED
#4 My aunt Gladys
#5 An open ketchup packet

Honorable Mention: Ven

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I think it was the day after APEX. And L_Cancel is #1 Olimar in my heart, so that makes his Wario a notable win, which puts him above someone who beat Z, because I have lost to L_Cancel's Olimar in the past and I beat Z.

ipso facto.. Tutu= #1 Zelda and is in the running for #4 Link.

EDIT: O. I ALMOST FORGOT. Tutu ALSO beat the legendary Hot_ArmS with Zelda in a MM for a snapple. The clincher tho? This happened LESS THAN A WEEK AGO.

#1 Tutu
#2 Fuujin
#3 ED
#4 My aunt Gladys
#5 An open ketchup packet

Honorable Mention: Ven
LOL what happened to riot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyZMupYJlnw

If you don't want to count his pools win vs Rich Brown.... Then this bracket match wasn't too bad at all.

He still has Vato Break (2-0) and Z (2-0) in bracket as wins.

Both recent and were/are known or ranked during the time periods, not 2010.
Did Vato go Mario?
His MK and Diddy aren't counted as top 5.
Also Z took game one of the set, you just posted it like 10 pages ago.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
LOL what happened to riot?

Did Vato go Mario?
His MK and Diddy aren't counted as top 5.
Also Z took game one of the set, you just posted it like 10 pages ago.
Vato was RANKED in SoCal for MK/Diddy/maybe Mario?

ok Z was 2-1

All recent is the point.

Roller

Smash Legend
Come on, Fuujin. Let's be real here. Does Riot have a win vs a Mississippi random in the past 2 days? Because I think that is what it would take to put him over Ven for that coveted HM spot.

I mean sure, we all know Riot is good in doubles. But come on... VATO was RANKED in SoCal.

Show me the Mississippi random, or Riot is gonna have to step aside for now. I'm pretty sure the Ketchup packet just got on there from silly gimmicks that wont last though. The Tim Tebow of Zeldas. Come playoff time, Riot will be back on top, and the Ketchup packet will be looking like mustard.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Didn't you know?
Riot has beaten TWO good players in pools.

That's the reason he's first on the current list.

Both of them were ranked at the time this happened so that makes it even better.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
I would like to see some replays of X's link

I would argue my ICs since ive also gotten top 4 with them like 3 times beating falln, pitbull, zekey, and I have taken games off tyrant but I dont wanna since Im really bad at CGing

but larry has a real good ICs sep he only has wins on rich
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z31qowmQZk

Roller

Smash Legend
And what a coincidence! I beat Z 2-1 as well! He was innovative enough to CP me to Brinstar game 2 for his win. Beware ICs mains, Z may be free on neutrals, but he is good at the matchup on Brinstar!!!

I think Z should be #1 on the Brinstar list.

Player-3

Smash Hero
If there's one thing I've learned from Mikey, it's that when a peach main tells you those three words, you dip.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLl

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
If there's one thing I've learned from Mikey, it's that when a peach main tells you those three words, you dip.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooOLooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoolOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Roller

Smash Legend
I would argue my ICs since ive also gotten top 4 with them like 3 times beating falln, pitbull, zekey, and
Ok. Let me stop you right there. You just defended being a top ICs by citing 3 wins which included a KIRBY and a DEDEDE. (idk who pitbull mains, but I assume it's another +3 matchup, and he may or may not be free.)

Larry's ICs I've watched plenty of. They're pretty solid. But as we all know, beating Z is the criteria to get ranked. Now, by this point I think we all know my ICs beat Z at Genesis.

Here is Larry's ICs vs Z.

You can drop your argument now.

Stick to campaigning for #1 Link.
Actually, considering Larry wins the next 2 games with :metaknight:, maybe he should be a top 5 mk. Has Nairo beaten Z with mk? If not. Time to update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom