• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-3

Smash Hero
for gnw there's a game and watch by the name of AML from georgia that's really good and could be considered top 5 if there's a questionable spot lol

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
He should definitely not be 5th. I played him at an NYC tourney a few months back and pretty sure I double 2 stocked him. (could be wrong, but I know I won the set)

Honestly, Patches may be above him.

o, OMFGz or w/e his name is. He actually beat me in a mm at apex. I was impressed with his :gw:. He is def better than Penta, imo.
JaimeHR would he be fit for G&W too? Never heard of either of them much. Well I have seen Patches around here just don't know accomplishments. Vinnie's should be 1st as UTD quit as far as I remember.

1. Vinnie
2. UTD (Quit?)
3. Alphicans (Dunno about enough, but believe he is best in Canada)
4. GIMR (Doesn't main him? Seen more Falco)
5. Vex (Inactive)

G8W's to discuss: Penta, OMFGz, Patches, AML and JamieHR

now that he's banned.
Nairo should be higher

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
X, it's not happening right now.
Just go to a few more tournaments, rack up some wins, and come back.

Fuujin, you DO have results but Ven has much better bracket wins. Bracket wins > results always.

:link2:

1. Kirinblaze
2. Legan
3. Scizor
4. Tutu
5. Tearbear

I do think it's kind of lame for someone to fill up a bunch of character placements on this list (rob another solo main a spot due to them being much better at the game). But hey, if they have tournaments results and wins to back it up - then why not?

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er

Fuujin, you DO have results but Ven has much better bracket wins. Bracket wins > results always.

1. Kirinblaze
2. Legan
3. Scizor
4. Tutu
5. Tearbear

I do think it's kind of lame for someone to fill up a bunch of character placements on this list (rob another solo main a spot due to them being much better at the game). But hey, if they have tournaments results and wins to back it up - then why not?

TuTu (MM vs Malcolm being the best, 1 game on Brinstar vs Ori 2nd) has some wins but his vids are well just this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUoE8EyNDVw

TearBear has no wins is the next the thing, he beat Zigsta's JIGGZ in a MM.
but he has solid a video vs Havok http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unhbyMYeN7I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dTj3YvUt8s

vato_break

Smash Master
shiro has beaten paper four times(he used to be ranked), he's beaten a kirby named keeby recently who is also pretty good. he beat werk at the last WGF and he's beaten a sonic named phoenix quite often too

Fuujin

Smash Champion

1. Kirinblaze
2. Legan
3. Scizor
4. Tutu
5. Tearbear

All he's beaten is Z.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Tearbear can you provide any wins besides pool matches and a win in amm against zig's jiggs...

Also Xavier had a point that the top players will make or break the game no matter the ruleset. He's just shown that his link places at the very least in a slightly augmented ruleset (albeit with a horrible stagelist) . . . But in the same token, what can Link really gain from this ruleset change? What makes him, a worse player supposedly, capable of taking down better players he "shouldn't" be taking down when everyone pays the same fee as always?

I had a larger post aimed at all you all just breaking down thoughts in such a simple manner that was eaten up by my net. So I will just leave it at this; who cares how much support you guys have, if I don't see any significant results past a MM and a few pools with your character, why should I listen?

Tear no offense, that's about all you posted. Your wins are "a game" with oats (lucien), 3 pools players Snackinator, Alec, and Dami, a "game" off of vato, and 2-0ing Zigs. I asked X to explain to me his significant opponents, he hasn't done so yet, so for you, all you have to do is prove to me how much those players really do in your region. Again, I don't care about who you lost to. I told X this too. So don't think Im just aiming to make sure you dont get on.

Im thinkin of honestly just leaving 5th blank at this rate lmfao.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
I explained all my wins =_=

So my best wins recently would be:
KC 24
, Chef Fox
, Melo
(was the only RI player ever ranked in NE), Bass
(Was ranked in NE), Peachkid
(Was ranked in NE), Prawn
(this was long ago during his ranking period, we are 1-1 now)

Everyone else I beat is newer/random to out of region.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4a2I1NpWa0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxH3EYriMSg

Birdman's D3 > Hobo's for the record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3IfMcWKTX8

Me vs SomaCruz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4uuNq__f8g

Me vs Hobo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gItK8x5zY7I

That is all the CURRENT TOURNEY videos I have to offer.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Well I meant how they mean anything. Like I understand Melo and Sphere, but a few others I don't know from RI is all I need, same thing with Tear, like, how is beating those three players in pools > your results, and vice versa, since you have bracket wins.

also top 5 link

:link:

1. Kirin
2. Blaze
3. is
4. Awesome
5 Fuujin (removed image because it's ugly when I do it)

And yes like that, Xavier.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to mention X, would you mind telling me if your ruleset was normal for the tournaments that you got 2nd and 1st at specifically. Sorry if I missed this like every post I end up asking about twice -_- I just looked back and saw what you posted and mikeray's response, derp. I still think that bracket wins with a semi-changed ruleset > pools. . . Hell, I had pools once that were 2-stock 6 minutes... Almost 2-stocked Ally in it too, then he made a BS comeback and I died from Halberd laser XD!

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
I think sphere did something good with Pit before just don't remember.

All my recent tourneys have altered Rule-sets besides R.X.B. and Quality Inn

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Maybe I'm just staggering over your experience with his jiggs then roller, but last I checked Jiggs is an aweful character compared to any animate object in the game, I'd think Link would have much more trouble with characters that can actually get in >_>..

BTW: Unless Papa Mink is fighting you...

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Maybe I'm just staggering over your experience with his jiggs then roller, but last I checked Jiggs is an aweful character compared to any animate object in the game, I'd think Link would have much more trouble with characters that can actually get in >_>..
Like Falco, D3, Sonic, Toon Link, Fox, Peach, etc

I think its fine until TearBear actually produces tourney results, he just has 2 vids. I know he gets wrecked by the top players in his region, we all do its Link if anyone ever took multiple high player names its Kirin or Legan.

TuTu has already.

Roller

Smash Legend
let me get this straight. y'all are arguing about who is best at one of the absolute worst characters in the game. And questioning the validity of a win vs a jiggs because she is a "bad character."

I mean.. She's better than ****in Link is.

At the end of the day, I believe Zigsta is a better overall player than the nobodies listed by X. And I believe puff is a better character than Link is.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Well he does have results, but I'm just going off what character he's told me he faced. I like that he pulls Link out against top level players. It just gets him 2-0'd and out before he can show anything off.

z00ted

Okay, **** it.

LordXav1er, a win on Malcolm (UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES) completely demolishes every win you've listed. Plus, he probably has a bunch of other stuff that no one knows about. Tearbear is BETTER THAN YOU. Hell, he's better than like 99% of the smash community. If he's not #5 Link now, he will be like #3 or even higher in the future.

Fuujin, your wins suck ***. Do you know who Rich Brown and Z are? Even if Rich Brown was a pool win, it should count. I'm pretty sure Rich Brown didn't want people running around talking about how some random Zelda beat him. I know I wouldn't. It counts, so put it as a notable win. On top of that, Z just placed 17th at Apex. Who the **** have you beaten that even made it out of first round pools? I know you have results and money matches, but they still don't even get close to competing with what Ven has done in such a short period of time.

Do any of you two remember when I was claiming to be #1 Peach? Remember how many people thought I was a joke (I still am, lmao) and would never do anything? Just go out there, rack up some wins, place well in tournament, TRAVEL (this goes to you Ven and LordXav1er), then come back and bring what you have to the table. I'm pretty sure that if you are as good as you say you are, they will reconsider. Damn, posting all this **** in an endless circle is not going to do ANYTHING other than make yourself look like a conceited, self centered PRICK. SO STOP.

YOU WILL REGRET IT IN THE FUTURE.

TFL;DFR

TO BOTH OF YOU:

SHUT THE **** UP,

GET BETTER,

AND......

Like all those character wins are on people who wouldnt make it out of pools at a regional. They aren't wins, and As mikeray went through and explained you haveb2 wins on 2 lowmid level players. Zigs is much better win than those regardless of character choice, also link is good on hanky stages, ESP the ones that have a bottom ceiling that knocks you up (PTAD/Brinstar) or a platform that can save you (skyworld).

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Okay, **** it.

LordXav1er, a win on Malcolm (UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES) completely demolishes every win you've listed. Plus, he probably has a bunch of other stuff that no one knows about. Tearbear is BETTER THAN YOU. Hell, he's better than like 99% of the smash community. If he's not #5 Link now, he will be like #3 or even higher in the future.

Fuujin, your wins suck ***. Do you know who Rich Brown and Z are? Even if Rich Brown was a pool win, it should count. I'm pretty sure Rich Brown didn't want people running around talking about how some random Zelda beat him. I know I wouldn't. It counts, so put it as a notable win. On top of that, Z just placed 17th at Apex. Who the **** have you beaten that even made it out of first round pools? I know you have results and money matches, but they still don't even get close to competing with what Ven has done in such a short period of time.

Do any of you two remember when I was claiming to be #1 Peach? Remember how many people thought I was a joke (I still am, lmao) and would never do anything? Just go out there, rack up some wins, place well in tournament, TRAVEL (this goes to you Ven and LordXav1er), then come back and bring what you have to the table. I'm pretty sure that if you are as good as you say you are, they will reconsider. Damn, posting all this **** in an endless circle is not going to do ANYTHING other than make yourself look like a conceited, self centered PRICK. SO STOP. YOU WILL REGRET IT IN THE FUTURE.

TFL;DFR

TO BOTH OF YOU:

SHUT THE **** UP,

GET BETTER,

AND......

TearBear needs more results/proof. If he is good HE WILL PROVE IT, nuff said.

If Malcolm was Wario and TuTu really did go all Link and win that is very good and better then all my wins I'd say individually.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Wait Tutu has a win on Malcom's Wario? If so epic.

1. Kirin
2. Tutu
3. Legan
4. Scizor
5. every****inbodyelsethatreallywantsfifthpositionforsomereason

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Like all those character wins are on people who wouldnt make it out of pools at a regional. They aren't wins, and As mikeray went through and explained you haveb2 wins on 2 lowmid level players. Zigs is much better win than those regardless of character choice, also link is good on hanky stages, ESP the ones that have a bottom ceiling that knocks you up (PTAD/Brinstar) or a platform that can save you (skyworld).
Funny thing is I never even win on the illegal stages in tourney or Brinstar lol. ****! I need to learn these better lol

z00ted

omfg, it never stops

someone ban them from this thread

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I said this sublty earlier how does a whack stagelist and one less stock count favor "worse" players?

ESPECIALLY LINK?

Like serious discussion for real while I goto class.

EDIT: Oh and the claim of course that xavier never wins on those stages, derp. Ya know, this is all been just a fun time and all, but I'd like these questions answered.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Who the **** have you beaten that even made it out of first round pools?
I don't understand this question.
You mean at a certain tournament orrrr?

Also I'm not trying to get a spot or anything, I'm already 2nd.
I just don't see where anyone is coming from with their arguments.
I don't see how me defending my position is the same as Xavier desperately trying to get on the list.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
I said this sublty earlier how does a whack stagelist and one less stock count favor "worse" players?

ESPECIALLY LINK?

Like serious discussion for real while I goto class.
It honestly doesn't :( I lose on them more then some regular stages. :glare:

I just hate FD now vs top tiers thats all

z00ted

Funny thing is I never even win on the illegal stages in tourney or Brinstar lol. ****! I need to learn these better lol
Or how about.... you just use the Unity Ruleset?

I don't understand this question.
You mean at a certain tournament orrrr?
What I mean is, I don't recognize any of your bracket wins. Most of them are people who don't pose much of a threat in tournament (hence, "couldn't make it out of first round pools"). Post them again, I could be wrong.

Point is, you really shouldn't be arguing to be over Ven at the moment unless you have really good wins.

When any notable player sees a win against Z, Vato, and Rich Brown as a Zelda they automatically would put them on a pretty high pedestal when comparing them to another Zelda.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
i think you guys misunderstood. tearbear beat me in one set and i beat him in two. Tearbear just worded it weird, but every set was last hit
Yeah he worded it wrong then he made it seem like set count was 1-2

Honestly TearBear just needs more SEEBALE results/videos instead of word of mouth.

He'd probably take on top 3 for Link if he continues from here on out doing that.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
So did you guys do 3 sets, and he won one of them? or is this like a count like I have for how many losses I have in bracket to Dedede (1-7 btw)

(derpin outta here, gotta read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom