• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
can we like discuss characters that aren't garbage and that actually matter? Link and Zelda for the past 50 pages is boring.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
On the contrary, this has been like the most amazing week in the thread between Holms being reconfirmed for Top 5 (and Shiro/McPP/Rob competing for 5th spot) and the Links and Zelda locked in the battle of futility.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
so far none of you except maybe tear bear deserves to be on instead of Ninja The Link Sage. i looked at the actual people he lost too when you posted his results and while his placing was low, he only lost to Nor-Cal top tiers. his wins on zex (his marth and his DDD), sake (RIP), and jeepy (known wario) as well some of the higher norcal guys (like Count- the DDD, arikie who is ex-norcal PR, meep the snake who was #1 norcal, etc) should keep his placement at 5th. your guys results are much less than his.

there krys, 5th spot filled.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Tried that already and not a fan of it even if I placed just as good/better in it lol
USE A REGULAR RULESET.

I'm all for having fun. But when you try to competitively by comparing your results to other Link mains, people are going to bring up the fact that you use a jank ruleset. Cut out the hassle and drama, and play on something that is universally accepted in our community.

No one even cares about a win or loss on Skyworld, PTAD, or bull**** like that.

so far none of you except maybe tear bear deserves to be on instead of Ninja The Link Sage. i looked at the actual people he lost too when you posted his results and while his placing was low, he only lost to Nor-Cal top tiers. his wins on zex (his marth and his DDD), sake (RIP), and jeepy (known wario) as well some of the higher norcal guys (like Count- the DDD, arikie who is ex-norcal PR, meep the snake who is #1 norcal, etc) should keep his placement at 5th. your guys results are much less than his.

Thank you God, for Ninja the Link Sage.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
so far none of you except maybe tear bear deserves to be on instead of Ninja The Link Sage. i looked at the actual people he lost too when you posted his results and while his placing was low, he only lost to Nor-Cal top tiers. his wins on zex (his marth and his DDD), sake (RIP), and jeepy (known wario) as well some of the higher norcal guys (like Count- the DDD, arikie who is ex-norcal PR, meep the snake who is #1 norcal, etc) should keep his placement at 5th. your guys results are much less than his.

Then he is more worthy of 4th or 3rd. He does use Toon Link now also so idk how much Link he's been going.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
He's obviously not giving up.
If you guys just add Xavier to the 5th spot he would probably be quite.

Just a thought.
5th is Tutu atm

1. KirinBlaze
2. Legan
3/4. Scizor/Ninja the Link Sage
5. TuTu (Win over Malcom in $10 Money Match)

Runner ups: TearBear, LordXav1er

z00ted

Illmatic you never answered me :I.

Though I'm fine with ending the discussion.
yeah I did, dawggg

What I mean is, I don't recognize any of your bracket wins. Most of them are people who don't pose much of a threat in tournament (hence, "couldn't make it out of first round pools"). Please post them again, I could be wrong.

Point is, you really shouldn't be arguing to be over Ven at the moment unless you have really solid wins.

When any notable player sees a win against Z, Vato, and Rich Brown as a Zelda they automatically would put them on a pretty high pedestal when comparing them to another Zelda.
There's nothing wrong with you guys discussing this kind of stuff.
It's just all so vague, really debatable, and you've been doing it for like at least thirty pages....

Find a middle ground.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
1. i meant to say meep WAS, not is, the best in norcal. that's zex and that's not changin anytime soon

2. NTLS has always had a pocket TL. he goes nearly 100% link in bracket. he only goes TL for when he feels like it. the dude is a hardcore link main tho, but everyone has a second for when they don't feel like using their main (for the most part).

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I just posted the people I beat Lux, Hades, Xero, Breezy(inb4 Ganon, its like 0 for Zelda).
I dunno who Riots beaten in pools but hes beaten Dark.Pch in bracket and probably more than that.

Zelda is bad but Ven isn't the only person to have beaten good players in pools/bracket.
Mocha lives in Texas, chances are she's beaten someone good in pools.
To say he's auto top 2 because of that is undermining everyone else's wins.

inb4 nit picking about me and Riots wins not being good enough.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
1. i meant to say meep WAS, not is, the best in norcal. that's zex and that's not changin anytime soon

2. NTLS has always had a pocket TL. he goes nearly 100% link in bracket. he only goes TL for when he feels like it. the dude is a hardcore link main tho, but everyone has a second for when they don't feel like using their main (for the most part).
Alright sounds legit.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I just posted the people I beat Lux, Hades, Xero, Breezy(inb4 Ganon, its like 0 for Zelda).
I dunno who Riots beaten in pools but hes beaten Dark.Pch in bracket and probably more than that.

Zelda is bad but Ven isn't the only person to have beaten good players in pools/bracket.
Mocha lives in Texas, chances are she's beaten someone good in pools.
To say he's auto top 2 because of that is undermining everyone else's wins.

inb4 nit picking about me and Riots wins not being good enough.
we don't have pools...

Beating Rich Brown(assuming it was his Olimar) is like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay > anything another Zelda has ever listed ever since 2008.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
we don't have pools...

Beating Rich Brown(assuming it was his Olimar) is like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay > anything another Zelda has ever listed ever since 2008.
As well as Z (Pikachu/MK) and Vato (MK/Diddy)

Link
1. Kirin
2. Legan
3. Ninja
4. Scizor
5. TuTu

z00ted

^omfg Fuujin, stop being so salty. Ven also beat Vato and Z recently (NOT IN POOLS, MIND YOU).

What else has Riot done other than that tournament?
Who did he beat in that tournament?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
This is hilarious, so I'll end the Zelda discussion with answers:

- Rich Brown was pissed as hell when he lost to a Zelda with a grand total OOS experience of ZERO at the time. Additionally, top 4 advanced from pools out of a group of 7, so yes, losing to some new guy in your pool can be bad.

- ven is definitely an up-and-coming player, but various personal things for the past 5 months or so have kept him from being able to do much more than attend the local monthlies and the occasional smashfest. With a decent OOS placement (13th out of 49 at E4K) from nearly a year ago and advancing to second round of pools at Genesis 2, ven definitely deserves to have a spot among the top 5 Zeldas, but a jump to #1 or #2? That might be a stretch, given there's literally nothing from him OOS since Genesis 2.

The rest of you can keep bickering about other characters that don't matter, like Link.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
mocha does not have wins against notable players in tx. sorry. she is definitely good and getting better. but you can't be a top level character main if you can't beat people C-tier and above in tx (although our c-tier = most regions B or A tier).

I don't think tewtew mains Link, but just to give people an idea of where he is in terms of the link metagame... he is the only Link player I've ever lost to. We played 2 10$ MMs @ Apex and I lost both of them 2-0 and 2-1 respectively. I've played a lot of links and I think he really has something special. People shouldn't sleep on him. I don't know where he should be on the list, but he definitely deserves a part in it.
I have 1 win on Malcolm's wario(This is the one I won 2-1), and one on his Falco(2-0). With solo Link.

I'm not familiar with who ninja the link sage is, but I didn't see any listed wins that were stronger than Malcolm, imo.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
^omfg Fuujin, stop being so salty. Ven also beat Vato and Z recently (NOT IN POOLS, MIND YOU).

What else has Riot done other than that tournament?
Who did he beat in that tournament?
Welp I'm not spending time searching through Riots results to see who he beat, then going to each PR and seeing if the people hes beater in pools are ranked 8th in their state.

Basically what Ankoku said, giving him that big a jump for beating 1 person in pools and 1 person in bracket is undermining everything Riot has done the last 2-3 years.
He didn't suddenly pop to #1 or #2 from beating one person.
If were putting people that high for things like that, Salem should have been pegged @ #1 after his first tournament.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
I have 1 win on Malcolm's wario(This is the one I won 2-1), and one on his Falco(2-0). With solo Link.

I'm not familiar with who ninja the link sage is, but I didn't see any listed wins that were stronger than Malcolm, imo.
none of them were stronger wins, he just has MULTIPLE great wins as opposed to one AMAZING win. im just saying he shouldn't be kicked off the top 5.

z00ted

Fuujin, stop implying that Ven has only beaten Rich Brown.
He hasn't.

I'm not saying that Riot shouldn't be first.
But if you are going to just bring it results without who he beat, that's not really saying a lot.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Basically you only have 1 very good win which is solid enough for 5th. Ninja has multiple and goes pretty much all Link his should be over Scizor right now.

Ven has beaten Raz too btw and a few people in Money Matches.

Mocha is fit for 5th, Linkz has gone to one tourney since October and his area is worse then my state.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Fuujin, stop implying that Ven has only beaten Rich Brown.
He hasn't.

I'm not saying that Riot shouldn't be first.
But if you are going to just bring it results without who he beat, that's not really saying a lot.
Allright so were counting Vato as a good win based on him being ranked 8th in SoCal right?
Im saying Ven only beat two good people because theyre both on the top 5 for their characters.

Would you say beating someone ranked in a region counts as a notable win?

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Allright so were counting Vato as a good win based on him being ranked 8th in SoCal right?
Im saying Ven only beat two good people because theyre both on the top 5 for their characters.

Would you say beating someone ranked in a region counts as a notable win?
If the region is like... SoCal.... Yes

If its like RI... no

Tearbear

Smash Ace
Socal is gay
because we do pools nd since I place high I never have to do pools except for the first tourny
So the bracket is always stacked so I would prolly get 2-0d since no one is a random unless someone like vato agreed to only low tiers
I just think x just doesn't want me on since now he's putting ninja back on top 5 out of no where

:phone:

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Riot beat: Bass, Sailsx2, Dfear, Chef Fox, TeeVee, Topes, Kiwi, JoeST, Ikon, mike-eckert, Jellyfishrage, duke, hinkage.

Riot lost: Pelcax2, Bizkit, Fatal, Mikeray4, LingLing, Koolaid, Ally,

Just off his last 5 tourneys... I don't think Riot is dropping from 1st anytime soon... THAT SNAKE MU

Ninja NEVER posts his results is the thing. Assuming all those wins are recent (not 2010) which I am sure they are he should be 3rd.

Terry I'd love for you to get on. But again you have no solid results to put you on over the other 5 yet. Your best wins are currently Vato's Mario and Zigsta's Jiggz.

TuTu's $10 MM win over Malcolm's Wario kinda shuts that down. (That is the only thing he has tho atm it seems)

Legan should probably be 3rd actually...

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
also just checked, NTLS has a tourney win on 00zero, the a top ICs in cali (albeit one of the only ICs). that MU is horrid, and 00zero is an amazing ICs. very under-rated player for sure

yes, all those wins are mid-late 2011. except sake, that was earlier in 2011...... :( such a cool guy

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
So like for top 5 Pit, I feel like I should be above PTZR. Can someone exlain the reasoning he is 4th and I am 5th? Like what wins does he have and stuff

Neon!

Smash Lord
Dk's probably need to be changed again.

1. Will
2. Nairo/Cable
3. Cable/ Nairo
4. Dr. Grandpa?
5. Ripple?

Will is still the only active solo DK main that is successful. Nairo has shown that his DK is close to Will's level and so has Cable. Dr. G has been inactive for a while and Ripple mains shiek.

I would love to be considered for a spot on this list but I dont have any major wins yet. I do live in a particularly hard region though (North Texas) Denti, Gnes, Razer and place in the top 1/3 of tourneys consistently and top 4 in doubles often. Anyone who has played me can attest that I'm on the same level as Ripple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom