• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roller

Smash Legend
I've already been right about Billy, DRN, and 4god all being underrated and amazing and stuff (as seen at apex), so McPe should be #1 wolf cuz i said so
Secret to beating 4GOD. Pick ICs. He'll go mk and get destroyed. It's been proven. :pimp:

Real talk tho. He's a cool guy, hope to cross paths with him again. :reverse:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
His DDD was immensely better than his MK at the IC MU imo

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Secret to beating 4GOD. Pick ICs. He'll go mk and get destroyed. It's been proven. :pimp:

He was debating all of day 1 whether to go mk or dedede. I could tell it was hard decision for him lol. Sucks to be trapped like that...i'd know.

Roller

Smash Legend
He should use D3, All ICs know both the mk mu and the cg WAY better, and I have my doubts about whether the mu is actually quite as bad as some people suggest..

DeLux

Slightly off topic but I play DDD like he's a fat Olimar and do alright

I hate the MU though

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
LOL, i wanna sig that for some reason.

That was my nickname back when i was a sophmore in high school(like 5-6 years ago). I intentionally took out the "W". :smirk:

Does Shadowcat look/sound better than Shadocat?? I dont think it does :awesome:

Roller

Smash Legend
Yo, Fuujin is right. The dude can't spell his own name. I vote to ban. After all, Metaknight couldn't spell his own name either. We need to maintain consistency in our rulings.

Legan

Smash Lord
im not that impressed by blubba winning random 70+ tourny in the middle of no where usa. if those were viable then I won a random anime con tourny with all bowser(since u couldnt switch characters)

id rather see vids and results of him from local stuff with familiar names like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dTj3YvUt8s :3

First time ive learned something from watching another link play since 08.
Terry with that basic *** Deva link.

Let me pull an X

X off the list
1. Kirinblaze
2. Terry.
3.ALSM
4.Scizor.
5.Legan

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
In that case I guess I can put Boss down to third for now since he said that anyways, and Flame is the fan favorite. I don't mind.

Edit: :link: :mario: done.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I just did. I will put him back at 1st the minute he pulls out and do da mario. Otherwise I've heard absolutely nothing about his Mario in the past 6months and he even said he's inactive. I've done this with a couple of people who used to be first, like Ally got moved to second.

(besides I don't sleep anyways Purdue bro)

EDIT: I don't like this. Blubba is well known for 08 09 accomplishments?

1. Kirinblaze
2. Terry.
3.ALSM
4.Scizor.
5.Legan

Tearbear uses Link and does stuff?

I think if thats the case it should go:

1. Kirin
2. Legan
3. Scizor
4. LordXav1er
5. Tearbear

As long as Tear and Xavier have used Link in 2012 and done stuff, I think this is no problem. Beating a random MK and getting third at Apex? Is that better than those two on the bottom I'd consider?

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
im not that impressed by blubba winning random 70+ tourny in the middle of no where usa. if those were viable then I won a random anime con tourny with all bowser(since u couldnt switch characters)

id rather see vids and results of him from local stuff with familiar names like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dTj3YvUt8s :3
It wasn't that bad honestly. Basic but smart fundamental Link. Just would like to know if you do more stuff with Link instead of 1 hit wonder sorta thing, 5th is so debatable lol

First time ive learned something from watching another link play since 08.
Terry with that basic *** Deva link.

Let me pull an X

X off the list
1. Kirinblaze
2. Terry.
3.ALSM
4.Scizor.
5.Legan

Oh you, my list wouldn't have you 5th bro your still not fit to be that low, just wish you would use him more often atm.

Terry shouldn't be over Scizor unless he has some actual results as Link.

ALSM quit Link and requested to be off.

I just did. I will put him back at 1st the minute he pulls out and do da mario. Otherwise I've heard absolutely nothing about his Mario in the past 6months and he even said he's inactive. I've done this with a couple of people who used to be first, like Ally got moved to second.

(besides I don't sleep anyways Purdue bro)

EDIT: I don't like this. Blubba is well known for 08 09 accomplishments?

1. Kirinblaze
2. Terry.
3.ALSM
4.Scizor.
5.Legan

Tearbear uses Link and does stuff?

I think if thats the case it should go:

1. Kirin
2. Legan
3. Scizor
4. LordXav1er
5. Tearbear

As long as Tear and Xavier have used Link in 2012 and done stuff, I think this is no problem. Beating a random MK and getting third at Apex? Is that better than those two on the bottom I'd consider?
Hmm true... Blubba can't enter his own scene since 09 I believe so its kinda sad for him >__<. Honestly he has a video coming up soon I believe of him vs MJG and that is probably going to be his best shot on here.

The second list seems best I just don't know enough about TearBear's Link.

5th is a toss up really but TearBear I don't doubt has a solid Link.

As for me I been active in RI for quite some time now I am currently ranked 2nd best player here only behind Kid Craft's Sonic by a little. I haven't gone out of region for about a year now. I used to get decent results when I did as a Link but that is the past.

R.X.B. 4
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315747
Lost to Somacruz and Chef Fox, 3rd in pools lost to Bizkit and Venom.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4uuNq__f8g

R.X.B. 3
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=312326
lost to Chef Fox only... EVEN AFTER I BEAT HIM GETTING 1ST IN POOLS x_x.

R.X.B. 2
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308112
lost to Ydg and Quest

R.X.B.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305977
lost to Prawn and Bass (Controller johns vs Bass)

Legend of Providence... very stacked for 7 man tourney lol
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=303116
lost to TeeVee and Duke.

Quality Inn
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305515
Lost to Fatal and Watkins

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gItK8x5zY7I

Mass Madness 23
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289323
Lost to Riot and Helpr

KOTC
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=281992
Lost to Green Ace and Watkins

There will be more videos of me up soon for offline (Recently got 1st and 2nd at two RI locals).

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
Tight if 4GOD is amazing than I am amazing!

IMO ScaryLB242342, or ED is about as good as Billy or maybe a bit better.
I wish we were both amazing Zekey but, according to this thread, neither of us are even top 5. :c

Haha, thanks for showing me how booty my MK was Roller! It'd be great to play you again as well!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I don't really like the idea of people who don't main a character being so high on a list. I'm sure Ally, Atomsk and other nerds would be top 5 for like the entire cast.

I'm from Nebraska and can beat most people I play in Locals with the entire cast, I just choose Link because he's BA. So I get to have a nice :link: next to my name because I win sets in real tournament with him. I've done this in Iowa and Kansas, but never Missouri because their scrubs are actually pretty decent. Had to break out the Luigi in MO.

That kinda seems like Tearbear to me, he's just good at the game and could beat most people with any character.

However, Link is a true secondary for me and I have a really good Link and have won a legit LT tournament with him (and Bowser to beat Mario), got 4th to ALSM and Holms in an even more legit one.

Also I have a ton of videos online. I invented the DAIR into the DAIR.

DeLux

Why should being good at the game be held against him?

DeLux

Are you making the argument that your Link should be in top 5 before Tear Bears?

Sorry Rob, having played both of them, I could pretty easily beat your link with my Lucas last time we played. Could barely grab Terry with ICs when we played. He kinda low two stocked my Lucas when we played.

For reference everyone, my Lucas is like 95% more free than my ICs.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i don't think you deserve to be on the top 5 character list if you don't main or legitly second that character in real tournaments (outside just low tier tournies). that's ********. otherwise i have video evidence of gnes being the best pit, trela being a top 5 pikachu, etc.

i mean if that's how it's gonna be done around here then gnes has gone TL in some recent tournaments and won, and he IS gnes, so does that warrent an auto Top 5 TL? **** no, he's a solo diddy main and that's that. hell ally has gone TL in tourney too, does that make him a top 5 tl main? no because he uses snake and mk and wario as his main guys. if they don't main the character, they can go **** themselves if they want a top 5 spot because they are the better player. unless they actually switch mains, then i don't think they should count.
ever.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
if someone gets top 5-worthy tournament results with a character than they deserve to be in the top 5. why is this difficult?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well you have to consider the purpose of lists like these (no, not just circle jerking for people on them). ideally its meant for newer players to have a reference list of the top players for each character, so they could either look up videos or ask them for advice.

now, putting tearbear on 30 of the character lists wouldn't be very helpful to those people when they are looking for someone to ask some link tips on, because even though he's very talented with link he still doesn't know him to the same degree a real main of that character would, even if the real main is technically "worse".

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
because this is the top 5 character MAINS thread. if you just want a bunch of pros using a character in some tourney just to get a top 5 spot then i guess that's cool. i however already know how good ally is as a player and with his mains, why do i care if he can do good with TL? i wanna know how good a TL main is with TL

falln

Smash Ace
well you have to consider the purpose of lists like these (no, not just circle jerking for people on them). ideally its meant for newer players to have a reference list of the top players for each character, so they could either look up videos or ask them for advice.

now, putting tearbear on 30 of the character lists wouldn't be very helpful to those people when they are looking for someone to ask some link tips on, because even though he's very talented with link he still doesn't know him to the same degree a real main of that character would, even if the real main is technically "worse".
imo new players should be learning how to play this game by being smart over stocking up on character gimmicks.

if terry gets results in tournament with link then who isnt to say that link is one of terry's mains?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Are you making the argument that your Link should be in top 5 before Tear Bears?

Sorry Rob, having played both of them, I could pretty easily beat your link with my Lucas last time we played. Could barely grab Terry with ICs when we played. He kinda low two stocked my Lucas when we played.

For reference everyone, my Lucas is like 95% more free than my ICs.
I'm not saying my Link is worthy. I'm just saying I could make a claim to it since I've done it in tournament.

Sometimes I do a bad job editing my posts. I had an entire thing like this

"THIS DOESN'T MEAN I BELONG ON THE LIST, IT JUST MEANS MY LINK IS ****ING SWEET"

Also you played my Link when I was still pretty drunk during LT's, lolol. This isnt' news to you, though I was nowhere near as obliterated as Mike was.

btw I never drink before tournament, I was still drunk from the night before, had a hangover and decided a shot or two of everclear was better than feeling like death. 5 minutes before I walked into the venue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMLaXkGHQPc

I have a ton of Vids of my Link, and Wolf. And vidoes of me straight pounding thugz'z anus bleeding.

Which leads me to...

I agree with this. 100% NC LUV.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
The top 5 Link spot is more so up for grabs imo... TearBear doesn't main Link but its pretty solid just from that video alone... I would like to see ACTUAL PLACINGS with a decent usage of Link or some noteworthy wins tho before he gets on it imo. As far as I heard from asking around he has perhaps the best Link right now for someone who never mained him. The video of him losing to Havok alone shouldn't give him a spot on the list.

TearBear if you could post tourney results of your Link it would be more helpful.

Otherwise I think Blubba Pinecone is essentially a better candidate for top 5 for right now.

I can't think of any other recent Link mains to contend off the top of my head... Canada or Mexico has to have a Link >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom