• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yea going Snake on Gnes was a mistake, I don't know Gnes/ADHD MU's enough to go snake on them.

I went Snake vs Nairo and it was REALLLY close until I held Down for C4, a shuttle loop was not kind. If it got recorded you'll see what I mean :(

But real talk I do think I fit into the top 5 Snakes.
I don't know what logic you could possibly use to justify picking snake against Gnes lol. It's by far his best match-up and he beats every other snake consistently by a pretty large margin.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
I don't think Ally should be up there as best snake...not that he isnt good, its just I barely see him even USE SNAKE anymore...and I think havok uses mk more than he uses snake....idk just sum thoughts. I can honestly see why I'm not up there, I don't travel enough. I don't have the time to. But hey I made it out of pools at Apex and that was the first OoR tourney I went to in 6 months

Just to clarify too
The 3 people I lost to at Apex are

ADHD(bracket)
Dabuz(bracket)

Otori(pools)

All the other "high level" players I faced I beat. Maybe they arent as good as other "high level" players, but its the only ones I played. So not my fault.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I don't know what logic you could possibly use to justify picking snake against Gnes lol. It's by far his best match-up and he beats every other snake consistently by a pretty large margin.
lol yea gotta agree with hylian on this one. pretty bad move bro

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Like, if the world was going to explode and to stop it we had to beat this random snake, I would pick Gnes over anyone to defend the world, and I'm pretty sure most others would back me up on it.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Well my bad. Didn't think anyone would look so damn hard into a post. I know Mexico is apart of NA but it's more associated with Central America (as a territory and rightfully so) and I wrote it that way as a reminder because people tend to forget that Mexico is used for this top 5 thread.

Nice +1 post count.
Apart =/= a part

Neither is Mexico a part of Central America.

Three for three.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
well she only lost to cheese in her pool by technicalities like the lgl and pausing. but i watched her 2 stock his mk at halberd and i know her and mvd have done well in teams (her beating seibrik and someone else 2v1 in doubles for the set win). im convinced she is pit #4 currently
If fyre is a top 5 pit main, then there must not be good pit mains out there....I think I double 2 stocked her pit in pools.....i dont remember much but she didnt really seem that hard at all....maybe she was nervous..idk

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
There really aren't any amazing pit players mikeray. None have ever got noticeable placings at big tournaments, only local ones really.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Watch masasshi go toe to toe/beat the players that came over here and destroyed america lol, it's kind of scary. Pit has a lot of potiential just no top players here play him.

DRN

Smash Lord
I don't think Ally should be up there as best snake...not that he isnt good, its just I barely see him even USE SNAKE anymore...and I think havok uses mk more than he uses snake....idk just sum thoughts. I can honestly see why I'm not up there, I don't travel enough. I don't have the time to. But hey I made it out of pools at Apex and that was the first OoR tourney I went to in 6 months

Just to clarify too
The 3 people I lost to at Apex are

ADHD(bracket)
Dabuz(bracket)

Otori(pools)

All the other "high level" players I faced I beat. Maybe they arent as good as other "high level" players, but its the only ones I played. So not my fault.
You also lost to Micaelis in pools.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
There really aren't any amazing pit players mikeray. None have ever got noticeable placings at big tournaments, only local ones really.
Then maybe we should just put admiral pit up there

You also lost to Micaelis in pools.

And then beat him in the tiebreaker set to get out....so I beat him where it counted the most

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Not that compete that much with this game anymore, i go to tourneys here & there but to say that there are people out there on my level with link right now is just silly...really silly D:
I heard you moved to chicago, might have to break my Link out and show you who the real baby blue hero of time is.
Don't mushroom stamp me :(

The :wario: list should be as followed:

1. North Dakota Norman
2. Filthy Frederick
3. Tubular Teddy
4. Reflex
5. MalCUM

ALL the :wario:'s I just listed consistently get top placings. Their results are better then almost every other :wario:.
I see what you did there...

I wish we did that with Wolf, I might be #2 :)

Also
Bizkit isnt better than me. Even if I'm not top 5 that should be recognized
Dude, people are obviously just jealous of your bed post notches if ya know what I mean.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Like, if the world was going to explode and to stop it we had to beat this random snake, I would pick Gnes over anyone to defend the world, and I'm pretty sure most others would back me up on it.
Uh definitively my boy esam haha
Pikachu vs snake isn't nice at all...I feel snakes pain being a character that gets chain grabbed by so many characters

Smoom77

Smash Master
marharbar, you are frakkking ********. i am not retired. i'm sorry i have school, no car, and no time. and i've been to way more than 1 tournament since march, looooooooool. atleast 5. and I've had decent tournament wins. i won vs trela and gnes (but he was using TL loool).

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Who is NDN? Who is FF?

Does Reflex still use Wario a lot (asking this again because it's been a few months since we discussed wario)

How is Malcom doing?

Hunger should be 1st lmao regional bias and whatnot
I watched Reflex myself beat Bizkit in pools in a clutch 2-1 match with a baited Uair on Frigate to get out of pools.

North Dakota Norman and Filthy Frederick are :wario:s from remote regions of the US that show up to tourneys usually in the Midwest and always take top 3. Check their results. I kid you not. They're godlike.
Pikachu vs snake isn't nice at all...I feel snakes pain being a character that gets chain grabbed by so many characters
I feel more sorry for :lucas: who gets infinited via grab releases and can be guaranteed hit by people out of GR's as well.

:018:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I feel more sorry for :lucas: who gets infinited via grab releases and can be guaranteed hit by people out of GR's as well.
I also feel sorry for people I infinite which is why I drop a majority of the CGs I do get in tournament which is why I shouldn't be top 5 ICs :D

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
I've heard your name quite a bit, 4GOD, but what experiences do you have in particular that people are so fond of? Apologies for my naivety/ignorance. I just want to have a good picture of EVERYONE on the top 5 by the time I've updated every character.
Hey Krystedez, it's cool dude. I'd rather not try to influence my placement in top 5 with my words and instead have it solely based on others' judgments, but if it's necessary...

I have won recent tourney sets against:
BigLou, Reflex, Kyon, Kismet, Ed, Billy, Snakee, Chibo, MeekSpeedy

I made it into the APEX bracket.

DeLux

4God also spent a majority of his friendly time styling on me with King DDD

He and Zeke were pretty close to each other in skill imo

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Apart =/= a part

Neither is Mexico a part of Central America.

Three for three.
You're looking way too hard into my posts and not looking at the point of it.

Three for three? Congratulations. Did you win anything for your perfect performance?

Hey Krystedez, it's cool dude. I'd rather not try to influence my placement in top 5 with my words and instead have it solely based on others' judgments, but if it's necessary...

I have won recent tourney sets against:
BigLou, Reflex, Kyon, Kismet, Ed, Billy, Snakee, Chibo, MeekSpeedy

I made it into the APEX bracket.
You didn't list me in there......... :C I'm terrible

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ah that is true I forgot about esam lol.

DeLux

We must all band together against chain grabbing characters !

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I watched Reflex myself beat Bizkit in pools in a clutch 2-1 match with a baited Uair on Frigate to get out of pools.

:018:
Everyone kept saying that the match was to decide who got out of pools. That is true, but, the question was between Pwii and Bizkit. I was making it out no matter what.

The :wario: list should be as followed:

1. North Dakota Norman
2. Filthy Frederick
3. Tubular Teddy
4. Reflex
5. MalCUM
There is no way I am worse than anyone who goes by the name "Filthy Frederick."

mikeray4

Smash Ace
North Dakota Norman and Filthy Frederick are :wario:s from remote regions of the US that show up to tourneys usually in the Midwest and always take top 3. Check their results. I kid you not. They're godlike.
****** the midwest is like ****** a child. Anyone can do it.

MVD

Smash Master
I've also beaten fow and havok hasn't beaten anyone notable I have where I have beaten notables he has :p

:phone:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
You're looking way too hard into my posts and not looking at the point of it.

Three for three? Congratulations. Did you win anything for your perfect performance?

You didn't list me in there......... :C I'm terrible
Reading too hard into your post? You're spouting false information and saying the opposite of what you actually mean. I can't just let you Floridians get away with that stuff all the time.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Reading too hard into your post? You're spouting false information and saying the opposite of what you actually mean. I can't just let you Floridians get away with that stuff all the time.
Yeah you are reading too hard into my posts because I initially responded to CO's troll post with another troll post. It was done after that. You're the one that made it more than what it is. It's all good though. I'm pretty sure there are better things to do with your time but if you feel it's necessary to break down my posts for whatever reason then so be it.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
We must all band together against chain grabbing characters !
I know yer joking Delux but ice-climbers is not the same thing as a standing infinite
or free regrabs to smash

I mean I have never lost to one ice-climbers for proof :embarrass: ;)
I respect an ice-climbers that beats and kills me. Not a Marth or DK that is doing the infinite.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I mean, that's just part of the game mekos. Sure it doesn't take as much skill, but it's certainly not broken or worthy of banning. It just makes your character bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom