• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioDG

Smash Ace
I doubt my opinion matters much, but I agree with Brosuke's ZSS list.

he should be higher than 5th. he beat nickriddle (like it or not the ditto does matter) in bracket and got farther than nick did (obviously) at apex. hell the fact that he got into the bracket alone makes him a top 5 zss. plus his performance at whatever that tourney he bodied Will and bleachigo at shows that way too under rated. Does Patg even play anymore? haven't heard of him in forever.
PatG does play, but seems to be planning to focus more on other characters for awhile.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Okay, congrats to new placements on the top5 list, the community's acknowledgements of your abilities and results are astounding!

To those who moved down; keep working hard, remember, this is a new year, and a a lot of things change ;)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
That's krys-speak for dont expect an update until 2013 :troll:
Maybe. :awesome:

Lada still needs to be on that Top 5 ROB list.
Who is Lada? I was trying to pay attention to the convo, but a simple link to results and why Lada (he/she) is better than the other ROBs on our list currently. Did they place well at Apex?

Nairo needs to move up for MK. He's needed to go up for awhile.
Really? Past who?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lada was 1 game away from making the Final bracket at Apex, beating multiple notable people in pools (i listed them about 40 posts ago) and was the highest placing ROB outside of OCEAN, the Japanese ROB. He's also #1 in his state with a countless amount of 1st-3rd placings in his state over the past 8 or so months as well.

C.J.

Smash Master
Honestly, as of right now, I think Nairo is the best or second best MK in the country. M2K hasn't been putting in a lot of practice into the game and he isn't anywhere close to as quick and precise as he has been in the past. The same applies to Ally- he's a brilliant player, but his style is kind of sloppy. Anti is incredible. Tyrant recently started working and is playing a lot less- although I've felt Nairo should have been above him for awhile.
Given recent decreases in M2K and Ally's skill levels (no offence to either or them- they're both amazing players and were they to put any effort back into their game again aI have no doubt they'd reclaim their former positions), I'd honestly put the list with Nairo, Anti, and M2K as tied for first. Since you don't want ties though, I put the list at Anti, Nairo, M2K, Ally, Tyrant.
Yes, it's kind of radical. Yes, it seems ridiculous to see M2K at anything but first, but both him and Ally aren't putting in the necessary work. However, I honestly feel as if it's the case. Nairo now looks like M2K in the past- he's quick, aggressive, perfect spacing, a solid defense game when needed, and almost most importantly, has a near untouchable follow-up game.

I recognize that very few- if any- people will agree with this, but, oh well.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Id agree with that ROB list Kryst except from Ive seen Lada/Chibo/Stingers are all really pretty close, I think youd need to have the ROBs decide on who's better there lol. I also think Eric/8bit are really close too...

If I HAD to make my own list, Id say:
1. T0mmy
2. Stingers
3. Chibo
4. Lada
5. Mr. Eric/8bitman

As for MK, Nairo is at least 3rd, but I really need to look more into whats been done result wise outside of Apex to have a full on opinion there.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Honestly, as of right now, I think Nairo is the best or second best MK in the country. M2K hasn't been putting in a lot of practice into the game and he isn't anywhere close to as quick and precise as he has been in the past. The same applies to Ally- he's a brilliant player, but his style is kind of sloppy. Anti is incredible. Tyrant recently started working and is playing a lot less- although I've felt Nairo should have been above him for awhile.
Given recent decreases in M2K and Ally's skill levels (no offence to either or them- they're both amazing players and were they to put any effort back into their game again aI have no doubt they'd reclaim their former positions), I'd honestly put the list with Nairo, Anti, and M2K as tied for first. Since you don't want ties though, I put the list at Anti, Nairo, M2K, Ally, Tyrant.
Yes, it's kind of radical. Yes, it seems ridiculous to see M2K at anything but first, but both him and Ally aren't putting in the necessary work. However, I honestly feel as if it's the case. Nairo now looks like M2K in the past- he's quick, aggressive, perfect spacing, a solid defense game when needed, and almost most importantly, has a near untouchable follow-up game.

I recognize that very few- if any- people will agree with this, but, oh well.
I agree. Nairo has been doing mad work and his performance at Apex shifted me to believe that he's better than Ally or M2K.

However the list is the way it is maybe because of their track records? I am not sure...

stingers

Smash Obsessed
imo the rob list should be

1. Holy
2. t0mmy
3. Chibo
4. 8bit
5. Me
5. Lada/Eric

I learned a lot at apex...like I'm not good lol. The only people I beat in MMs were yoshq, sync, xzax, and Z (lost to pwii and z0mfg (and Ocean =p), the only person I really beat in tourney at all was scatz (lost to tin man, havok, shadow, and pf). I figure chibo's done better than that, so he should be above me. and I just have 8bit there cuz esam always tells me that he's better than me and that dude knows what he's talking about lol.

lada beat polt which is very impressive, but thats pretty much it, and its really the only tourney we've seen him able to play with actual players (though hes #1 in Utah iirc which is cool). idk who eric played at apex but he's always done well in the MW in the past so they're basically tied in my book...

edit: i always forget about tommy >.> lol slip him in above chibo but I think holy's better.

DRN

Smash Lord

1. Holy
2. t0mmy
3. Chibo
4. 8bit
5. Me
5. Lada/Eric

I learned a lot at apex...like I'm not good lol. The only people I beat in MMs were yoshq, sync, xzax, and Z (lost to pwii and z0mfg (and Ocean =p), the only person I really beat in tourney at all was scatz (lost to tin man, havok, shadow, and pf). I figure chibo's done better than that, so he should be above me. and I just have 8bit there cuz esam always tells me that he's better than me and that dude knows what he's talking about lol.

lada beat polt which is very impressive, but thats pretty much it, and its really the only tourney we've seen him able to play with actual players (though hes #1 in Utah iirc which is cool). idk who eric played at apex but he's always done well in the MW in the past so they're basically tied in my book...

edit: i always forget about tommy >.> lol slip him in above chibo but I think holy's better.
But you're the best....?

Scatz

Smash Champion
I'm not even that notable. People just know me from my flashy Yoshi playstyle. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you stingers.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

1. Holy
2. t0mmy
3. Chibo
4. 8bit
5. Me
5. Lada/Eric

Just adding the fact that Lada beat YoshQ at Genesis and has beaten Z in a few MMs.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I agree that nairo should move up, but I dont know his skill level personally. With MK banned, I don't know how appropriate it'd be to simply say "well, Nairo got better than M2K and eeked out that 1st place spot right at the end of MK's life" lmao

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
Stingers your higher then number 5. remember that game you took off kava. or how about farms mario. your lasers are always a direct hit

C.J.

Smash Master
I'm basing it off of more than just Apex. Like I said, I've felt he should have gone up for awhile now. As for results to back it up, I'm sure I could find stuff, but I don't have anything off the top of my head. But, even if Nairo doesn't get the #1/#2 spot, keeping him at 5th is just bad. I know he's beaten M2K in the ditto in the past (ktar 6 iirc) and consistently places really well (AFAIK).

I understand what you mean by how "appropriate" it is, since MK is being banned so it makes sense that M2K wouldn't be putting in as much work anymore. However, "appropriate" or not- M2K isn't putting in the work so he shouldn't be allowed to have the #1 spot simply because MK's about to be banned. M2K is the most influential and consistently best MK throughout Brawl's history- no question about that. But as of right now, do you really still think he is?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Changes that need to be made:

:metaknight:

1. Ally
2. Nairo
3. Mew2King
4. ANTi
5. Tyrant

:snake:

1. Razer
2. Ally
3. Fatal
4. Bizkit
5. MVD

:falco:

1. DEHF
2. Shugo
3. SK92
4. Bloodcross
5. Kismet

:wario:

1. Reflex
2. Malcolm
3. Bassem
4. Krystedez
5. Jnig

:popo:

1. Vinnie
2. ESAM
3. Lain
4. Smoom
5. DeLux

:olimar:

1. Rich Brown
2. Dabuz
3. Anuar
4. Denti
5. Logic

:pikachu2:

1. ESAM
2. K Prime
3. Z
4. Anther
5. PikaPika

:lucario:

1. Trela
2. Junebug
3. Pitbull
4. Fonz
5. D. Disciple

:dedede:

1. Coney
2. Atomsk
3. 4GOD
4. CO18
5. Vex

:zerosuitsamus:

1. NickRiddle
2. Salem
3. DRN
4. Dakpo
5. Y.B.M.

:peach:

1. Illmatic
2. Nicole
3. Silly Kyle
4. Dark Pch
5. Kyon

:kirby2:

1. Chudat
2. Falln
3. Y.B.M.
4. Mog X
5. Lingling

:rob:

1. Holynightmare
2. t0mmy
3. Chibo
4. 8bit
5. Stingers

:sonic:

1. Espy
2. X
3. Meek
4. Speed
5. D1aos

:sheik:

1. Judo
2. Ed
3. Mars
4. Billy
5. Tutu

:lucas:

1. Pink Fresh
2. Mekos
3. NinjaLink
4. Galeon
5. FAE

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
No offense but Stingers is way better than Chibo. It's not region bias. I have played both.

@illmatic - Wth? Ur the only one in the world that thinks that. MD/VA and Pinkfresh himself now even admits I'm number 1. I've worked hard to develop him and have earned it.

z00ted

oh wait, I edited in a few more things to Lucas and Ice Climbers

DRN

Smash Lord
So why isnt kismet 5th for :falco: anymore? Hes still active and made bracket at apex. He does very well wherever he goes.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No offense but Stingers is way better than Chibo. It's not region bias. I have played both.

@illmatic - Wth? Ur the only one in the world that thinks that. MD/VA and Pinkfresh himself now even admits I'm number 1. I've worked hard to develop him and have earned it.
As someone who also played Lada, how would you say he stacks up to Stingers and Chibo?

z00ted

No offense, but Pink Fresh is better than you.
I have played both, it's not region bias.

It's called an opinion :)

I never said my thoughts are 100% fact.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Um great question! I saw him ffing up Razor and have close matches with him but I think i two stocked him twice with not alot of effort. I think he has really good potential just goes aggro when he is not sure what to do. I have a unique lucas but he should still play patient and work toward learning an opponents habit.

I don't think he should be on the list yet but with more practice and experience definitely.

@illmatic - kk i respect yer opinion

Hey guys what about Delux for ice-climbers. He has gotten so much better in a year. He looked amazing at apex!!

z00ted

Yeah, I think DeLux is 4th or 5th best Ice Climbers at the moment, if you include ESAM in the list.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If Co wants off, imo, Zekey should take #5 D3.

And Lada's main weakness is that (even though he doesnt look like it) he's only just 16 and until now, hasnt been able to travel and lacks MU experience in the MUs he doesnt have nearby.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
For example, he did good against Fatal prob cuz we have a couple good Snake players here (Ken Neth and Sinz when he was active), and he beat Polt cuz he plays me all the time. However, we dont have ANY Lucas players. No put down on you Mekos, you're a fantastic Lucas, but I doubt he had any idea what he was going up against when he faced you lol.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
ESAM should definitely be on the list.

As flattered as I am, I think I'm probably sitting just outside the list. I need to get a few more wins under my belt against big names since my resume is fairly thin compared to someone like lain, Hylian, Smoom, or Cheese if I'd be replacing them. I mean, I've won my share of tournies/placed well in my subregion for awhile (I haven't gotten below top 5 since BSB), but I didn't really take out big names doing so. I more or less just beat people that I should beat based on skill level because MWW is a weak region. Most of the high level people that think, "holy ****, DeLux is amazing" only played me in friendlies because I have diagnosed performance anxiety issue which manifests in tournament. It's why I dropped the grab on stock 3 high percents every time on Ocean when we played both games ><

TLDR: I failed America and am unworthy of top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom