• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Thing - Game Concluded. What would have happened posted, mysteries tomorrow

Ronike

Smash Ace
Smashman, how do we know that you aren;t a thing? I can tell you right now that if I was in your position and it was unlikely that I was going to survive, I would tell everyone else how to defeat the things as it can only help your "team". Tell us or I think we should believe that you are a thing. And trust me, you don't want the person with the flame thrower thinking you are a thing. Same should be believed if you are lying to us about knowing other ways.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
He already said why he isn't a Thing. He wouldn't risk his life to save one of us if he was, especially if it involved fire. Smashman is 100% human in my mind.

Ronike

Smash Ace
He already said why he isn't a Thing. He wouldn't risk his life to save one of us if he was, especially if it involved fire. Smashman is 100% human in my mind.
Some people do stupid things without thinking. Take for example me taking inventory of a room. This by itself is not a good enough reason to say that he is 100% human. True, it is a reason why he COULD be human, but I'd say that right now Im more convinced that he is a thing, prolly 60-40. Not great odds, but Id much rather take the consequences of killing him now and him being human rather than saving him and having him turn out a thing later.

And plus, if I did attack common or Marthmaster, then they would have looked like things since I would have decapitated them.
In eor's example Im 90% positive there is a decapitation and the others cannot tell. And how do we know you have not attacked common? Its a dec reason for him to be so adamant about your protection. Im not sure I trust you so much anymore. As for you smashman, why can't you just tell us what you know? Tell us and I will be much more convinced that you are human. What can you lose by telling us?

smashman90

Smash Lord
Isn't obvious? I am offering something for your services but to make sure you don't go back on your word I am not revealing any of the info. Plus, it can be your lost too because the info reveals an easier way to kill the things and if I'm dead because you guys didn't help me, then it might make things a bit more difficult. So get over here and save me.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Those are terribe reasons for suspecting someone. Dont randomly point fingers.

I'm saying that he's human because I think he's human. Simple as that.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I find that randomly pointing fingers gets people defensive, and defensive people often say things they wouldn't otherwise say. Its a stratgey that works well for me, so I think I will continue it. Oh and BTW:

Those are terribe reasons for suspecting someone.
I Could say the same thing to you:

I'm saying that he's human because I think he's human. Simple as that.
At least I have reasons. And I find my judgement fairly sound, so Ill stick with it. Smashman, good luck getting someone to save you. Im not coming, and I can tell you 100% that neither is Ligolski. All I can say is if you are truly human, then Im sorry, and I hope you will forgive me and find it possible to tell us this "secret" when you are on the verge of death.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I meant it as those are terrible reasons for NOT suspecting him. And my reasons are at least better than "I'm saying he's human beacuse I think he is human." I mean seriously, come on. Smashman was unaccounted for for a large time at the begining with no real good reason (going to the bathroom?) Now he isn't revealing information that would help us all. Ah, w/e. Tis pointless for us to argue anymore. Neither of us is going to change opinions by arguing with each other.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
*sighs long and hard*

you silly goose! why would you run into a room of fire... (you too duke) to try and save a man that has already been declared dead.

Part of me kind of flat out wants you to die for making such a silly desicion that jepordizes not only yourself for very little reason but us as well (less people to defend agianst the thing), and still yet another wants you to die because you are with holding potentially helpful information. These two qualities would definitely arise again if you are ever put in a stressful situation. You are a "Me before us" man, and while to an extent we all should be... I'm not a big fan of it here.

I'm going to Go From the pharmacyinto the surgery room (through the pharmacy) and with any luck I'll put frozen on a surgery table if ya know what I mean...

after this... I'll wait for the next up date so I can go on and look for an extiguisher. Yes if you are lucky I'll save you.

Eor, is the door to the storage room still open?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Hey you two calm down now isn't the time to argue it is time to act...

smashman90

Smash Lord
It was true that I went into the F1 lavatory and I locked the door because nobody would've thought of searching the bathroom. That and I wanted to do something funny. Fine, I will give you only one and only one piece of info. Apparently fire extinguishers seem to have an effect on the Thing, which should've been something kinda obvious since the cold would freeze the thing for a while. Now help me!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Just to be a little more clear I mean throw down some actions before Eor comes back, updates, and you wish you did.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
For "NOT" suspecting him...:rolleyes:

I'm defending him from your unfounded attacks because I think he's human.

I admit his absence was suspiscious, but who would really gointo a burning room to save someone like that if he wasn't on our side? That's why I think he's human.

:laugh: I think he made the whole "secret way to kill them" thing up. But he's just trying to survive. Does that make him a Thing?

smashman90

Smash Lord
And can you guys really trust frozen's story? I mean Marthmaster trying to burn frozenflame and he supposedly tries to shoot him. I don't know about you guys but that story seems fishy. I went in there to try and confirm the locations of the bullet wounds (if any). But I was not able to check the wounds in time. So in the meantime. Still in storage C. , I continue on trying to lift the rubble off of my body

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Stupid Chill. He promised Mattsexs too.

Smashman, where did you get your information? Was it something you knew from the beginning? Are fire extinguishers even cold? I thought it sprayed non flamable foam.

smashman90

Smash Lord
It was like common sense to me. Because the Thing seems to dislike exteme heat or cold. Because the extremely frigid temp is what has been keeping this thing from spreading all over the world. And we know forsure that it doesn't like extreme heat, so I don't really need to explain on that part.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
And can you guys really trust frozen's story?
Obviously not... but every story has large elements of truth. actually... I'll quote Eor.

Duke, in a gallant act of bravery, charges into the burning room to try and save the bleeding body inside. Smoke blankets his eyes, and clogs up his lungs. He’s having difficulty just getting oxygen. He is almost blinded by the smoke, and soon looses sense of direction. He stumbles, and waves his arms to try and clear the pressing clouds. He glances a body. There is bloody everywhere, and still more rushing out. Duke cannot tell if the person is alive or dead.
So... he was shot... or maybe stabbed, but the point is he is bleeding to death (if he wasn't shot in the head) in a room that is on fire, you'd literally have to drag a limp 200 pound man out of a room that you can breath in.
[/quote] I mean Marthmaster trying to burn frozenflame and he supposedly tries to shoot him. I don't know about you guys but that story seems fishy. I went in there to try and confirm the locations of the bullet wounds (if any). But I was not able to check the wounds in time.[/quote]
I've said before it's fishy too, but I didn't run into danger just to disprove it thats silly. I'll try to save you but it's not because I think you are human. (You, your story and your actions are all suspisious, BUT there is a chance you are human... the more of us there are the better. Worst come to worst thats what tests are for...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
It was like common sense to me. Because the Thing seems to dislike exteme heat or cold. Because the extremely frigid temp is what has been keeping this thing from spreading all over the world. And we know forsure that it doesn't like extreme heat, so I don't really need to explain on that part.
Semi good logic... and I'm willing to test it. (purty simple test once we find the extiguisher) But if you put me outside naked in the artic I'd freeze too.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
What the heck? I defend you against Ronike all this time and you thank <3? >.<

I said I was going to save if I find an extinguisher. Running in there right now is reckless.

I think we need both you and sheepyman for a real analysis. You pretty much have convinced me with your rather dumb action (no offense) but for some people that's not enough.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
edit: but for some people, running into a burning room in a selfless attempt to save someone else's life by putting your oun in danger isn't enough.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Oh and how could I forget you commonyoshi? No seriously, how could I forget you? You were only one that was on my side when Ronike questioned me. And then <3 came along and tries to help me. Sorry. *Does the sad doggy face*

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I actually want to test frozen first, mostly for the irony of it (his name is frozen, hohoho) but also because he is uncontious [too lazy to spell who cares!!] and may react slower if he is a thing... or something. And my big reason that crazy story.

If he does react stange we'd also know it works and can test the rest of the crew.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I know a blood test will determine best who is a Thing. But what if the ones doing the test are the Things?

Sheepyman has been running around alone this whole time so he's pretty high on my "be weary of" list. Just want to stay cautious.

What movie are you talking about?

Top Bottom