• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Temple of Time~The Zelda Tournament and Video Archive~Vids Critiqued Here!

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
No K0rean or WAR...

Easy top 2 spot for you huh DM. :p

Good job mayne....but....sniperworm. D:

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You got dis next time, Bobby.

Although I gotta ask...... doesn't it get boring playing the same people in tourney all the time? I mean I know Hawaii isn't two feet long or anything, but it's still more or less the same community every tourney, right?

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
You got dis next time, Bobby.

Although I gotta ask...... doesn't it get boring playing the same people in tourney all the time? I mean I know Hawaii isn't two feet long or anything, but it's still more or less the same community every tourney, right?
Hawaii doesn't travel. It's more trouble for them to come to the mainland to play. Apex is really something of a shock when I heard DM was gonna be going.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
That's..... why I asked whether or not it gets boring, lol.

I dunno, maybe they have crews for different islands or something, tho. x.o No idea how living in the middle of nowhere works.
<3

Darkmusician

Smash Master
In my opinion playing within the same community is not a bad thing. I've actually played my fair share of various players/characters and play styles. Albeit not on the same level as what most of you have played with but I'm thankful for what I have. The HSI is always a great opportunity to have a small taste of that as well.

I guess it's because I've been playing since day 1 till now. I've seen a lot of local players come and go. I've seen the community change before my eyes over the years and the whole experience has been very educational and entertaining. From our beginnings at Da Planet to the rise of GSM, from our partnership with HVGL leading all the way to Kawaii Kon 2010 with everything in between. It's never been boring for me personally.

We pick up new players constantly and old players returning is always fun. As far as tournaments go I never really know who I'm going to play. At Kawaii Kon I had the GSM gauntlet with GTS, DanL, WAR, LT, and then WAR again. And this time I got to play VJ, Kenny and Brigade. All 3 of whom I haven't seen in months.

Oh and regarding Apex. I've already spoken to Alex about this but I will most likely not be going for 2 reasons.

1-Our schedule with HVGL and the HSI 2010 is going to be very last minute. Unlike last year we don't have anything confirmed yet on any ends. So I'd rather not commit with so many question marks.

2-I am on the cusp of a new job (my first off campus job) and most likely will be working 5 days a week at least. If I were to go to Apex I would want to go and spend more time than just the weekend and I don't want to ask for time off right off the bat.

So yeah pretty big johns but I'm not leaving Smash at all anytime soon so I will bide my time and when the time is right I'll travel. I'm just going to be patient.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If you don't go to Apex, you're a straight lame. :mad: Although my crew just decided to go to the MLG in NC, so I guess I'm not quitting after Apex after all, lol.

Still tho, not cool, Bobby. Not cool. :( I turn 23 today..... gettin too old for Smash, and we gotta meet before I quit.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
If you don't go to Apex, you're a straight lame. :mad: Although my crew just decided to go to the MLG in NC, so I guess I'm not quitting after Apex after all, lol.

Still tho, not cool, Bobby. Not cool. :( I turn 23 today..... gettin too old for Smash, and we gotta meet before I quit.
I know it's disappointing. I have to keep things in perspective though. On the bright side I do finish school after the next 3 weeks. So within the next year I should be able to plan out some kind of vacation.

Didn't know today was your birthday. Congratulations.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Too old for Smash? Hah! I'm 24 and still playing, though it's majorly a case of me enjoying the game and the community. ^_^

Oh, and Happy Birthday! *hugs*

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Happy Birthday Kaylo!

I am impeccably disappointed to hear that DM is not going to APEX, but I don't think I plan on quitting anytime soon. So hopefully I will see you at another major tournament!

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol, dang I got sniffed out hard. I fail just as bad. Forgive me Mamachu. :(

(Being off topic is lulzy)

@DM:

Oh well, you do what you have to do I guess. Ed, I guess its just me and you.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Yea it sucks Grey. Wasn't Riot going too?
Well I'm hoping to stay with Ed and whoever else is going to go. That is if I can convince the 'rents for me to go plane it up there. I'm sure I can thus making it my only OoS tourney I've been too.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

We hit AC elope then hit Hawaii for the honey moon I got you kay lo. Happy bday ^_^.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Happy Bday KayLo!

DM not going to Apex = :(

Greyfox rethinking his retirement?

I'm late as always.

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
Oh and regarding Apex. I've already spoken to Alex about this but I will most likely not be going for 2 reasons.
Too bad :( ... I really wanted to see how you can rank up
(? omg how I hate my english >.>)
your Zelda in a national tourney. (I'm not saying that Hawaiians haven't major tourney tho.)

Happy Bday Kaylo btw =D, dunno if i'm late because of time difference.
edit : I'm def late :(

Hum ... To not still off topic, unfortunately I don't save my replays so I don't know what I can record >.> ... I only have 2 offline matches versus Lucas and DDK and 1 online match which will can possibly be recorded. I'll see.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
No worries Jujux. I got what you meant. Since I can't travel I'll do my best to make the HSI 2010 special. Once I finish school and get a steady job schedule it'll only be a matter of time.

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
@DM : Ok, I understand =p

Jujux, anyway you can make it to APEX? It would be a pleasure to meet you!
No I can't >.> ... Europe => USA is so fuc*ing expensive and I have to go to Japan Expo, Bushido Brawl Impact and Geneva Brawl Garden. With all random stuff that I'll have to buy (transport, tourney price, goodies at japan expo, ect) and money I owe to my mum, I'll have to expend 500€ ... So I can't permit me to go to USA this year xD ... I really wanted to come to Apex tho ... MAYBE next year.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@Almost: So I just watched all the vids. Definitely not bad but I did notice a few habits you have.

1: It seems like you have a very nasty spotdodge habit. It was really apparent a few times in the Ganon vids.
2: I'm all for the awesome use of Usmash but I felt like in each of the matches, you could have been punished really hard because of the overuse of it. I'd say definitely be careful with it but if you can get away with it, go for it. Key phrase is.....GET AWAY WITH IT =D
3: On top of the bad spotdodge habits, you often use Nayru's as a GTFO move. I would be a lot more careful with this since the cool-down is so significant. I wouldn't fret around mid-%s but you were even using it while they were on almost fresh stocks. You will get punished...

I thought these vids were really good though and you were fighting some quality opponents to say the least. You just have some nasty habits that you need to break, I'm sure you will. (Was that Zhouten's Ganon? Hadesblade's Yoshi? and Krystedez's Wario?)

@Kyokoro: The Sheik player inside me had to be put in a padded room after watching that lol. Trying to keep it about your Zelda.

In the Sheik MU, the first thing I would say is look out for needles. Sheik would want to try and stay in mid range since she has the speed to punish just about anything you do. If she starts to try a Ftilt lock, you can Nayru's out of that (be warned, if they shield, you get punished. Use Cautiously). Teleporting into the ground against someone with that kind of footspeed is an awful idea. It'll get you hurt. Zelda isn't great in close quarters so learn to be comfortable fighting OOS. When you are more comfy OOS, you'll be punishing harder when they hit your shield.

Great job in coming back though. The Sheik did make many mistakes but it was all you in punishing them so that was definitely a nice come back. I would say try and move around some more and not be so statue like because a lot of the time you can hurt yourself for being so still.

Also, WTF with the Wi-Fi traning ground? Hard counter to Sheik!!

Lastly, I gots a vod from CEO. It's either another vid with M!X or a vid with Afro_Thundah but I honestly don't remember. But more Snake fun lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yLXJu1miTk

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I don't remember who the opponents were but Im pretty sure it's not any of those. Anyways thanks for the feedback I'll try to work on it.

Top Bottom