• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Tales of" Series

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ ah. If I can't view which ones I missed, probably skipping that. XD I wanna 100% it but I didn't mark every skit I got. I'm like 250/491 though.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
^ ah. If I can't view which ones I missed, probably skipping that. XD I wanna 100% it but I didn't mark every skit I got. I'm like 250/491 though.
It sucks because there's a skits that only activate when you lose boss battles. There's also skits for standing in certain areas for longer than 2 minutes, etc. :glare:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
New Xillia 2 scan is out. Shows Leia and Alvin in their new outfits. I liked Leia's old outfit, but this one's really good too.

Meh I kinda quit Abyss. It got so dull for me :/
Abyss did drag on longer than it should've. It doesn't help that a lot of it was from backtracking as well. Vesperia also had the same problem, imo. Symphonia was paced rather well compared to those two, at least. Abyss did have one of my favorite Tales endings though.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I found a ps2 copy of abyss. Now I have to choose between abyss and vesparia. Also any word on localization of xillia?

:phone:

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I found a ps2 copy of abyss. Now I have to choose between abyss and vesparia. Also any word on localization of xillia?

Why do you mean by having to "choose between Abyss and Vesperia"?.

No word on the localization of Xillia. I personally would prefer for Xillia to not become localized. I'd rather have an enhanced port of Rebirth. I haven't seen much gameplay, nor do I even know the story of Rebirth- I just know that I want it.

On a side note: I haven't played Graces in almost 2 months. After putting 200 hours into the game in the first month of release, I believe I have overplayed it lol. I had fun with it at first, but then I went into my "100% this game mode, and it got boring".

I think I'll start again today, and try and get the Combo Kaiser title for everyone, then pretyt much every titles will be out of the way, then I can have some fun.

Watch the whole video, **** is so sick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgTEwWjTAUU

Turazrok

Smash Master
Well if you kept up with my earlier posts I was looking for copies of both. And I found them.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Play Abyss first imo.

You might have a harder time returning to a previous title, but I don't really know what your Tales history is like, haha.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'd say play Abyss first as well. The battle system is relatively the same besides some gimmicks.
It's just that Vesperia is more polished overall outside of that. No glitches/slowdowns and skits are finally voiced.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Also any word on localization of xillia?
We might know by Friday if we're getting it because of the expo taking place in Europe.
Hideo Baba's been hinting a lot of Xillia and they're even doing a giveaway with the Xillia Kyun Character Pack that Japan got.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well, I was too lazy to give a link lol. I'm glad to hear the news though. Despite some bad things in Xillia, there are a lot of great and fun things that came out of this title. And who knows, they could add some new things for the NA and EU version to make up for some missing content.
I could care less. It angers me that the fanbase is going to act all grateful and apologize for being *******s, then after a month passes they'll find something else to complain about.
I agree. I'm sure we'll hear people complain about wanting PS3 Vesperia instead or something.
What bugs me about the fanbase most is that they usually complain about Namco not localizing a Tales game on other boards/announcements' articles about other games.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Just finished Abyss about a month ago for the 3DS.

I'm not sure I like it as much as I did Symphonia, but it's a close call. Symphonia was the first Tales game I played so not much can beat it I guess.

Aside from the somewhat excessive amount of town hopping, I thoroughly enjoyed Abyss, especially the story. Vesperia was fun but it was short.....and pathetically easy.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I swear Hideo Baba looks just like Mango, but with a hint of Japanese.
lol

Anyways, Hideo Baba's going to be at SDCC. Sounds like they really are trying to advertise Tales in the West more. On one of the interviews they mentioned there are some Tales remakes in the works. Aside from the rumored Hearts and Tempest remakes, I'm hoping Eternia gets one. I wouldn't be surprised if Symphonia got one though since that has worldwide popularity.

And for those that didn't know, the Vesperia movie's been out in the US for a couple weeks now.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I finnaly picked up a 3DS and abyss. It feels great to play a new tales game after so long:)
How are you liking it so far? I guess you never had the chance to play Abyss on the PS2?

I'm going to start my second run through of Graces today. I got my glasses, and can finally see what's on my TV screen well again. I've almost 100%'ed the game, minus a few titles, but I'm mainly playing because I want to learn more about the characters and plot...again (plus the music is ****ing epic).

#KindOfHypedForXilliaNow

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
I'm really enjoying it! I especially like the characters, they have so much personality. I don't know how Tear puts up with Luke however. And no, I never got to play it on ps2, although I wanted to when it first came out.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I'm really enjoying it! I especially like the characters, they have so much personality. I don't know how Tear puts up with Luke however. And no, I never got to play it on ps2, although I wanted to when it first came out.
Luke's personality goes through major transformations as the game progresses- he's definitely not as hard to put up with then.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I like Luke better when he's a jerk actually.
Really? I thought his voice had a really annoying sound to it, and when he was a jerk, he was also a little ***** :( Lloyd Irving would have wooped his *** with some man talk.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I saw Tales of the Abyss 3DS at EB Games today. Even though I own Tales of the Abyss for the PS2, nor do I own a 3DS- I'm still going to buy it tomorrow lol.

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
Tales games have the best music. Even though I like Abyss' sound track, it doesn't beat Symphonia's. Another game with a great sound track is Arc Rise Fantasia.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I saw Tales of the Abyss 3DS at EB Games today. Even though I own Tales of the Abyss for the PS2, nor do I own a 3DS- I'm still going to buy it tomorrow lol.
I still haven't picked it up yet, even though I said I would. It'd be my 3rd copy of Abyss though which is why I'm hesitating. lol
Tales games have the best music. Even though I like Abyss' sound track, it doesn't beat Symphonia's. Another game with a great sound track is Arc Rise Fantasia.
Even though Tales is one of my favorite RPG series, I find Sakuraba's Tales music to be mediocre compared to his other stuff.

I felt like he peaked at Destiny 2 and Symphonia and then dropped off while Graces is the low point. Xillia is pretty good actually. His songs for Star Ocean, Eternal Sonata, and other non Tales games are excellent though. Also hoping for Go Shiina to be the main composer for another Tales game again.

So it seems like ToX2 is almost out in Japan kinda. Still debating on getting it. Sadly Ludger seems to be the only new playable character. Gaius and Musee being playable is still up in the air.

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'm not really the best judge of Tales music since I've only played Phantasia,Abyss, and both Symphonias. Reagardless I've enjoyed all soundtracks.

Top Bottom