• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
um excuse me i know what survivor is about.

Russel is entertaining and TV LOVES him.
How could you not make an alliance with a wild eyed fat man that walks around in his underwear

DEFF a top five player of all time. TV liked him SO MUCH they had him on two consecutive seasons.

He ***** Boston Robs face and then tea bagged his dead body.

Sariku

Smash Master
Yes, but he also understands that the chances of someone who jumped in watching Survivor 17 seasons in viewing it and what the show's about/how it should be played the same way as somebody who's been watching since the beginning and seen every episode when it aired but 2 is pretty slim. :bee:
I think that's the nicest thing you've ever said about me, x]

Sariku

Smash Master
um excuse me i know what survivor is about.

Russel is entertaining and TV LOVES him.
How could you not make an alliance with a wild eyed fat man that walks around in his underwear

DEFF a top five player of all time. TV liked him SO MUCH they had him on two consecutive seasons.

He ***** Boston Robs face and then tea bagged his dead body.
Double post because you're obnoxious as hell.

TV didn't like him so much he came back, he became such a huge villain he came back. TV had no idea who he was until after the second go around. He's a great player, one of the best strategists, and dare I say that he's probably top five of all time, but. You're arguments are ****ing terrible. Boston Rob made some mistakes, but in the end, he lost because of Tyson, not Russell. So shut the **** up.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It's alright Sariku, Masahiro's 'arguments' as to why he's good don't really amount to much other than "he's good because he's the best!!", which naturally he believes on account of Russell having over 200 confessionals on his 2 seasons. To give an example, the person with the most airtime in Nicaragua, Naonka, had 45% of his confessional count from Samoa in the term of 50, and those were actually different confessionals that weren't the same 2 said ad-nauseum.

Of course, I don't know why I'm even bothering to reply to this situation Masahiro, especially when your very arguments show that you don't have a clue what Survivor's about more than any words I could ever say.

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
I can't wait for this next season to begin!! I have been watching season after season! The season after this one, I will be entering to be on the show. I will finally be old enough! XD Lets hope for another smasher to make an appearance! >:D

Sariku

Smash Master
I can't wait for this next season to begin!! I have been watching season after season! The season after this one, I will be entering to be on the show. I will finally be old enough! XD Lets hope for another smasher to make an appearance! >:D
I'm with you, man, :] I'll be 18 come March, so I'll be applying every season here-on out. But I'm not a mactor or a chick in a bikini, so I doubt I'll get on, q_q

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
In fairness, with Probst taking over a large, at least 50% role in casting, and wanting more applicants/fans on, it seems more likely you would. Of course, that's more than can be said for me getting on. :urg:

Sariku

Smash Master
In fairness, with Probst taking over a large, at least 50% role in casting, and wanting more applicants/fans on, it seems more likely you would. Of course, that's more than can be said for me getting on. :urg:
I think Probst would like me, x]. I'd just be a **** on the show, behind their backs anyways, :p
But I'd be an angel otherwise,<3

x] Like Rob C. fused with Fairplay.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord

what a weak sauce retort...

*Raises epic flame shield Spartan style*
You cant stop me from stating my opinion. So don't tell me to shut the **** up...or this will happen..

First off thanks for agreeing with me.

Top 5 of all time.

quotes from the media

4. Russell Hantz(Runner Up Survivor Samoa, 3rd place Survivor Heroes vs. Villians)- Im sure alot of people will hate me for putting Russell this high it's true Russell hasnt won a game despite making it to the final vote twice. But theres no arguing Russell is one of the most polarizing figures in Survivor history. In fact for two seasons in a row it seems all we see is Russell Russell Russell. More then anyone weve ever seen Russell knew how to manipulate people ,for two straight seasons Russell was in complete control of the game and everyone knew it, yet other then one attempt in Samoa where he was saved by a hii (another large part of Russell's game is him being the hidden immunity idol master) there was no real attempt to get rid of him. True he was hated by the jury's and that was evantually his downfall but its hard to argue that Russell Hantz is the best schemer in survivor history.

Russell Hantz: Is Russell the greatest player not to win, or is he the perfect jury goat? On whichever side you come down, Survivor: Nicaragua is a testament to Russell's lasting impact – and it's not for his strategic savvy. As I wrote before, Survivor has become so self-aware that nothing is out of bounds. Destroy clothes, steal food, act as reprehensible as you can – it's the surest way to get to the end. Like Boston Rob before him, Russell's made Survivor a more aggressive game. And for the viewers at home, that's a good thing.

Nobody ever dominated the game like Russell did in Samoa. There wasn't a single aspect of the game that did not have a Russell seed firmly puppeteering it.”

“Played the best strategic game ever. Gained the trust of Foa Foa premerge and was never in danger of going home. Controlled the vote by controlling how everyone else voted. Once the merge came, his tribe was down 4 members to 8, but he took out all 8 Galu members and made the finals. Unfortunately, the bitter jury did not recognize how great he played the game. Still, had it not been for him, Natalie and Mick would never have made the finals, and Brett would have won. No player can predict the future, they can only make their best move given their current situation, and Russell did that. He played the best game, but as game theory goes, the best players does not always win.”

“Changed the way the game is played. The master of mind games. Perhaps if he were more attractive he would be able to get the votes to win.”

“russell never stoped playing the game and the arguement that he is the best player ever. he dominated the way everbody he was with to vote for I relly like the one at tribal where jerri voted for danelle”

“Insane skilled player... Outwittied, outplayed, and outsmarted everyone. His agresive playstyle guaranteed top 3 in both seasons, and even though he lost due to frustration of the councils, he's by far the best Survivor.”

“Without Russell, my life would feel empty. It would be a hollow shell, as though my soul left me. I love him.”

“Russell is the greatest player. Sandra's best accomplishment is community college, and all Natalie did was kill rat. Down with the jury, up with RUSELL!”

“Was ripped off in Samoa and again (Though to a lesser extent) in Heros vs Villains, Utterly controlled the game in Samoa and did similar in H vs V, and only didn't win both seasons because the jury was too bitter to reward good gameplay. The master of mind games, always seemed to know exactly what to do in order to manipulate the situation at hand and almost always got things the way he wanted. (If you need examples of that, just look all through Samoa and especially at the Boston Rob and Danielle eliminations in H vs V) The ultimate supervillain of survivor.”

“Never been voted and never has a player had more impact on the game, always got his way which ends up costing him his title... but in terms of playing the game and taking over a game no one is better... if people didn't take things so personal he would easily have won both times because he has outplayed everyone.

ONE MORE

TVGuide.com: How does it feel to win the Sprint Player of the Season award two seasons in a row?

Russell: It's amazing because it proved my point. ... I don't care how CBS tried to make her look. I played with her, she's terrible and at the end of the day she wins? I would have been OK with Parvati winning over me, but not Sandra. I give credit where credit is due. Even if Parvati had stabbed me in the back, I would have voted for her. But Sandra is not good and when somebody like Sandra wins the game two times, that's why I believe there is a flaw in the system. When somebody like that can win, something has to be fixed.

He found idol after idol after idol with no clues.
He was a beast. He is the ****ING JUGGERNAUT.

great villains make great television...its just the way it is.

get *****.

Sariku

Smash Master

what a weak sauce retort...

*Raises epic flame shield Spartan style*
You cant stop me from stating my opinion. So don't tell me to shut the **** up...or this will happen..
Firstly, **** off.

“russell never stoped playing the game and the arguement that he is the best player ever. he dominated the way everbody he was with to vote for I relly like the one at tribal where jerri voted for danelle”
If a 'critic' has an editor this terrible, his opinion doesn't mean horse ****. A ****ing two year old can write better than this.

ONE MORE

TVGuide.com: How does it feel to win the Sprint Player of the Season award two seasons in a row?

Russell: It's amazing because it proved my point. ... I don't care how CBS tried to make her look. I played with her, she's terrible and at the end of the day she wins? I would have been OK with Parvati winning over me, but not Sandra. I give credit where credit is due. Even if Parvati had stabbed me in the back, I would have voted for her. But Sandra is not good and when somebody like Sandra wins the game two times, that's why I believe there is a flaw in the system. When somebody like that can win, something has to be fixed.

Oh my God, he did not say that. Oh, wait, really? He did? I've never heard Russell say anything like that before. That's so out of character, it's crazy. Surely he MUST be right.

Every single person you quoted speaks of ratings and ratings only. He's entertaining, but how the **** can you say all that with the argument of "Oh, look what all the other simple minded bigots had to say about the troll..." Really? An opinion is an opinion, but you can't back up your opinion with more ****ing opinions.

You're a ****ing idiot.

He found idol after idol after idol with no clues.
He was a beast. He is the ****ING JUGGERNAUT..
Gary Hogaboon found an idol without a clue the exact same way Russell found one, in the first ****ing season they were introduced. Now that Russell does it, it becomes ****ing special?

great villains make great television...its just the way it is.

get *****.
Villains make great TV, but that's not what we were even ****ing arguing about dip****. Russell obviously makes great TV, otherwise he wouldn't be back in S22.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Ah yes, let me see...You've quoted random people who have really no idea about the things that go on simply on account of him being shoved down our throats by the editor to try and prove your point when all it does is prove how easily the sheep audience can be affected? Well, okay, you've proven a lot of people have no opinion of their own and that you yourself are a member, congratulations.

You then proceed to go on and quote things that attempt to fault the jury for errors in Russell's game and make it seem like it was only as of Survivor Samoa that the jury has begun to vote bitterly. However, had you seen the first season, you would know that even then the jury voted for who they liked better and even then several members of the jury voted bitter. That has always been an aspect of the game, and is never going to change as long as Survivor is around. One who fails to even give a crap to the most important aspect of the game is far from the "best anything" except for "failure".

As for finding the HIIs without clues in Samoa, his first one was found after Yasmin was kidnapped upon watching her look in trees and happening to re-examine one that she had already checked. This can be proven by looking at the scene in which he finds it. Ben is wearing the facepaint from the challenge that ends with Yasmin being kidnapped that is aired later in the episode. This is a simple indisputable fact that I'm sorry if you don't want to admit, but is clearly proven true. As with his second HII, he found it under a bridge that Dave and Laura had previously checked and found nothing after following them around and seeing them look there (this is confirmed over at RNO [Reality News Online]). His third HII in Samoa he found with a clue. His first HII that he found in HvV was found with a clue, and his second was given to him. the next time there was a clue for the Idol, he was not even the one to find it.

Also, you discuss how his appearance on TV made him show up on Heroes vs Villains, which is far from true. Heroes vs Villains was filmed 17 days after Samoa finished filming. This meant that nobody had seen a single bit of Russell on TV and that not a single person in the cast had had any chance to see him play at all, giving him an advantage.

Russell was primarily shoved down throats by the editors as they felt they needed to justify him being on HvV, so what happens? He takes up more airtime than literally the rest of the cast combined. If you don't believe me you're more than welcome to count confessionals yourself. The winner did not even get a confessional until episode 4 and even then he got 9x the amount that she did. You cannot honestly say that the airtime difference played no part in the audience reaction to his loss.

Ultimately, your arguments are quite flawed and simply amount to the drone response and the editing sheep audience that also thinks Shamu and Jane were great likable people because that's what the editing was trying to want us to think as opposed to having an own opinion. I'm sure you'll get mad and get defensive and bring up 1000 more quotes to try and justify whatever argument you're trying to make, but doing so simply proves my point as that is EXACTLY what a sheep Russell fan would do and how they would react to such a comment. If you really would like to prove me wrong, then by all means, give a structured, mature, and thought out response to these points.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
I honestly don't know what we're arguing about

LOL at that one critic.

I Just <3 Russel...
I started getting flamed in the first place because I said he was top 5...

He clearly is.

And please stop name calling. Its a sign of somebody who's SCARED and WEAK.

Russel bait.

and great post livewire. You DEFF know your ****.
i also enjoy some drama on the boards...

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I wasn't name calling when I wrote my response.

However, it should be noted that saying Russell is top 5 is all well and fine, but at the end of the day it IS an opinion. As well, it should also be noted that saying to stop name calling because it makes someone scared and weak is into and of itself name calling.

Sariku

Smash Master
I honestly don't know what we're arguing about

LOL at that one critic.

I Just <3 Russel...
I started getting flamed in the first place because I said he was top 5...

He clearly is.

And please stop name calling. Its a sign of somebody who's SCARED and WEAK.

Russel bait.
No, I won't even ****ing go with him being in the top five anymore. Livewire reminded me, he said HIMSELF he doesn't care about the jury. He doesn't play the game to win, just to get to the end. Brenda from Nicargua played a game to win, which is why she didn't freak out when she was going to be voted out. If she started scrambling, there would be no way Sash would save her with the idol.

Russell cares about getting to the end. He's a villain, he's a great strategist, but he can't play the damn game to save his life. He looks good on paper, but he's garbage when he plays. All he is is entertaining.

Come back after you're finished sucking Russell's ****.

Or when you learn to spell his ****ing name.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
^^THERE'S THE NAME CALLER ^^
your just a meanie and I like pissing you off.
It made my night actually. thanks bud.

I also like how I'm KING DEDEDE and your a pickachu
K IM DONE.

Favorite female: Parvati
Fabio did an excellent job as well. I knew that kid was gonna win early.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Frankly, I'm surprised people still use the term "meanie". And not sure what decent person would enjoy pissing off someone just because, but to each their own.

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
I think Probst would like me, x]. I'd just be a **** on the show, behind their backs anyways, :p
But I'd be an angel otherwise,<3

x] Like Rob C. fused with Fairplay.
Haha nicee xD I turn 18 in February, so I will also be trying out each year! Perhaps two smashers will make it on one season! :O We will be playing mindgamez on them peoples! XD I would be everyone's friend pretty much ^_^;

Sariku

Smash Master
And you'll stay away from Donny Bonaduce, I assume? :bee:
I want to keep all my teeth, D:
But if I do go near him, I'll be sure NOT to do it a week before I go film an all-stars season. I promise.

Does ANYONE else think that the Survivor Marquesas reunion show was the worst thing ever?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Chase wasn't too bad, he was just...bland. Beat that one scene where Shamu sang. And apparently Sekou was supposed to sing at the CI reunion.

Sariku

Smash Master
We've already had the discussion about me and TV, x]. I don't watch anything, silly, :p

I'll watch them when I'm done with Metal Gear Solid, x]

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
^ Same here dude I'm ready to tear these new mother******s apart.

I'm sure the people on Sucks are doing the best they can to find any sort of info.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh well, the Sucksters can kiss be butt really. Been on there enough and had trolls post enough topics everywhere like "SASH/CHASE/FABIO FINAL 3" and "FABIO WINS SURVIVOR NICARAGUA" at the merge point to really just want to boycott that damn place when it's not the off season. Lot of stuff and crazy opinions are just, ugh. But the Funny 115 talk is good sometimes.

Top Bottom