• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
And if I want to give you a kick in the behind, I'll be more than willing to do that.

That being said though, the week Survivor premieres is gonna be a busy one with MVC3 coming out and The Amazing Race All-Stars 2 (essentially, since it just has a different name) premiering on the Sunday.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I want CBS to add idols that can be used offensively. For instance, I vote for Sariku, and my vote counts as two votes via the idol. :p

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I want CBS to add idols that can be used offensively. For instance, I vote for Sariku, and my vote counts as two votes via the idol. :p
That...would be pretty silly. If anything we need to see less Idol stuff, as the only HII thing we've yet to see is somebody Idol themselves out by giving the HII to someone, and having the only votes that count go to them, and even then we've seen something that's essentially that in Survivor Israel.

Also, the double vote bit is an entirely different power Israel did called the "Double Power", which at early merge changed to make it so they could stop 2 people from voting.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
No, it's an Israel original thing. The odd bit is until the merge it was something that let you vote once for 2 different people. Then at merge you picked 2 people who you didn't want to be able to vote, then at like...final 4 it became it's own immunity.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, it still goes. It has an upcoming 5th season being filmed now. It's 4th season was "Fans vs Favourites" and had 8 fans and 8 favourites. Also had the "Island of the Dead" thing where the winner and runner up came back into the game at F11 making merge be F13 with Immunity for the double boot there. Actually....that season was pretty good oddly enough, despite how strange a lot of it sounds.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Their seasons only HAVE so many things because they have 3 60 minute episodes a week and a 120 minute finale. And by 60 minutes, I don't mean "an hour of airtime for a 42 minute episode", I mean, "60 minutes of episode" so they have to fill up all the airtime they have somehow. Should also point out they have the jury vote live at the finale, have the audience vote to eliminate someone from the f4/f3 to put them on the jury, and have the tiebreaker to the FTC be that the audience favourite wins. All of which are ridiculous ideas.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, they tried it in Nicaragua, and look how that turned out! "I quit. It's too hard..."

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
They tried dragging useless/evil deadbeats to the end... but they were so useless, they fell out of the game without even being voted off.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, that's what happens when you're recruited at a mall in Hawaii and have no idea what you're getting into because you think it'll be a vacation.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, that's what happens when you're recruited at a mall in Hawaii and have no idea what you're getting into because you think it'll be a vacation.
Yup. Everyone is fed up with CBS' casting process. The show needs to return to featuring a distinct cross-section of the American population, not auditions for eye candy.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
In fairness, Probst seems to have at least a 50% casting say, and he's never liked all the mactor casting Spillman did, and wanted a lot more applicants/fans on and Nicaragua was like 14-15 applicants/fans (oddly enough 1 of which was Naonka...) to 5 or 6 that weren't, so...

Sariku

Smash Master
Nicaragua's cast was real enough, I thought. Just kinda weak. The ones that got far weren't very interesting, like Chase and Kelly Shin. Not much you can do about who makes it how far though, x]

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
True, but you also have to think this way. The more real and 'interesting' people you cast, and it really ISN'T hard to cast real and interesting people that are also applicants once you realize the audience connects better with people that they can relate to, and they'll relate to 'real' people better than supermodel looking types. I mean, let me ask you, out of all of the people who won Fan Favourite, how many looked model-like? Even James didn't as he just seemed like a strong hard-working type.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, just for the record, should point out the fan favourites have been the following so far:

All-Stars: Rupert
Exile Island: Cirie
Cook Islands: Ozzy
Fiji: Yau-man
China: James
Micronesia: James
Gabon: Bob
Tocantins: JT
Samoa: Russhole
Heroes vs Villains: Russhole
Nicaragua: Jane

So really, those have all been perceived and shown as 'real' and hard-working types, with the exception of Russhole, who aside from being shoved down our throats, looks quite troll-like anyway.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Is it because she's supposed to be hot? Because well, she kind of has a rat face. I'd go for Sydney over her given the choice, and no, don't mean for Candice's spot, lol.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Nooo it's more than a looks thing I admired the fact that she went as far as she did despite the fact that she was seen as the weakest player on her tribe at the beginning when they "pretend voted" her off. She has a fun personality too.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Dunno, she always seemed really whiny and bratty to me. Like some people liked her because she 'wore her heart on her sleeve', but I thought it looked more like throwing a temper tantrum.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
If I remembered correctly she got bullied quite a bit by Coach and Tyson so she deserved to retaliate a bit.

I gotta re-watch Tocantins... Such a fun season.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
She got bullied by Tyson yes, but Coach, in his own bizarre way, actually was trying to help motivate her and help her overall and stuff. It's just, since this IS Tocantins Coach, it might not have come across that way to some people.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
NOOO! CBS posted the new cast! There are two slots for "former castaways". The rumors... are true... *falls over dead*

Sariku

Smash Master
Yes, the cast is finally revealed, :]
I can't wait for this season, time to watch all of the videos!

Natalie White confirmed to be in Redemption Island:

Sariku

Smash Master
It was a joke, because Krista looks exactly like Natalie white, sounds like Natalie white, and even said the Survivor she is most like is Natalie White.

We all already know who the two unnamed Survivor's are :p

Top Bottom