• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Ultra Newest TNR Recruitment Pg *disowns spammers*

Skylink

Smash Lord
A house made of brick, wood, and plaster (I think)
Hey Redd have you seen Rich lately? He changed his name to TheLegend, right? I was walking home from school last friday and found out he moved in just down the street from my house, but I haven't been able to get in touch with him. If you see him, can you tell him to PM me? Thanks.

Jigg... what kind of mirror do you have at your house? arn't they flat? with like, wodden frames? They sound kinda hard to cut your head on...

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
****.. skylink.. havent seen you in a looong while.. your bro get any better at the game?

anyways, back to your question, medicine cabinet+mirror of door of cabinet+head=ouchies

5%tax

Smash Journeyman
Hey Redd have you seen Rich lately? He changed his name to TheLegend, right? I was walking home from school last friday and found out he moved in just down the street from my house, but I haven't been able to get in touch with him. If you see him, can you tell him to PM me? Thanks.

Jigg... what kind of mirror do you have at your house? arn't they flat? with like, wodden frames? They sound kinda hard to cut your head on...
holy god its skylink

but Rich is in the magical place where all good children go called jail.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
yo smashgod should join the dreamers,i mean if the captain lets you in.

jigg korn has your memory card im guessing u have it back right now. anyone smashin this weekend im bored... >:(

I asked but I can't join. I'm not active enough apparently, but I understand. I know I have to go to more tourneys.. Yeah Rich is in jail.

Wuss

Smash Champion
I know I shouldn't but I find it slightly amusing that rich is in jail...
that sux jigg, why are you going to be in a boot camp for marines? Did you do something, or do you want to be in marines?
btw, fighting for your country is way overrated...
lol at skylink. I thought you had just given up smash, nice to see you're back, but you're probably really bad if you havent been like hard core training this whole time...

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
smash god hes not in jail.

please dont talk when you dont know.

...our crew is gonna **** at pound 2. Masa/Aero/Redd/doll/ CK. LOL gg. Go home *****. I wish blues was on it though..

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
okay.. gonna break this into 2 secontions.. because one was a really funny question with an obvious answer, and the other one was an oppinion with no real proof behind it, and it kinda pisses me off.
that sux jigg, why are you going to be in a boot camp for marines? Did you do something, or do you want to be in marines?
heres the first, funny part: i find this funny because ive mentioned several times before (in the first tnr thread) that i wouldnt be attending certain tourneys because of monthly meetings that the marines hold (for people that are in the Delayed Entry Program, of which i am in) so it should be pretty obvious that i want to join the marines, but that first question is right too, in a way, because i obviously had to sign up for it, since its not required due to the fact that the draft was taken away (no draft, as long as people still sign up)

btw, fighting for your country is way overrated...
this is the part that pisses me off.. not because you said something that would piss off anybody that is serving or has served in the military, but because you are demeaning the ONE choice in my life that i made that actually impacts my life as a whole, with that one statement, you are saying that the path i have chosen is basically pointless. i realize that i am putting words in your mouth, but every time i see that sequence of words, thats the way i feel. what if i said that your path through life was way overrated, how would you feel then? i hope you would feel same way i do now, since this is my LIFE you are talking about, im giving my country 8 years, 4 active duty 4 inactive, thats a signifigant chunk of life right there.

lets work this out here.. i am 17 right now, add 13+ weeks of boot, then a few more weeks of weapons training, then about 6 months of training for my MOS, then after all of that, subtract all of that time from the 4 years, thats roughly 3.25 years (give or take) for me to serve my country. during that time, i'll be able to go to school on the government's dime (actually, your dime, since every citizen with a job pays taxes) and if i dont finish out my college years while still in the marine (which is a possibility) i still have a $50,000 scholarship so i can finish up.
anyways, back to my real point here... 17+4 years of active = 21 add 4 more years of inactive, thats 25... i dont really care about inactive, because im basically a civilian during those years unless the marines get so desperate for people that they need to call me back (once again, it is possible) so at 21, i'll be out of the marines, with training that could help me get almost any job i want (note the fact that i said WANT, as in i know the training wont help me with every job, but it WILL help with the types of jobs that i want) and i'll still have a majority of the money that i got for serving in the first place, which will help me get a decent car and a decent place to live.

now im going to stop now, because im tired as hell, but i think ive proven why fighting for my country isnt "way overrated" you can post your proof as to why serving in the military is overrated if you want, but right now, i just dont care.

Wuss

Smash Champion
lol jigg, I was more or less joking. I did say "way overrated" which I thought was a trigger that I was joking. actually I think it's pretty honorable to want to fight for your country, my only problem is this country. I dont want to get you angry and start a huge fight over whether or not your path in life is a good one, I just want to point out that right now our country is kind of awful. The Iraq war is a complete disaster, and many soldier's lives of both American and Iraqi decent are being put on the line every hour of every day, and for what? What exactly does the war mean? What does winning this war mean? I can't imagine a worse fate for a person than to end up fighting in a war similar to the Iraq war, because you are risking your life for what you thought was a good cause, but quickly became the biggest mistake in a long time.

I guess that by the time you are in service the war will be over (o god hopefully), but I just can't even think about joining the military right now. The thought honestly sickens me. I am glad for you in that you are following the path that you want, I just honestly can't agree with it right now. I do think that patriotism is praiseworthy, and that belief in and loyalty to a system that you believe in (such as one's country) is a virtue, I just really don't like the country I live in right now.

Anyways, I'm sorry that you were insulted by my comment, and I hope that this cleared it up a bit and that we are cool. Although I guess that if you are a hardcore republican and you support the war, everything I just said is completely contradictory to your beliefs, and that you will dismiss what I said, but I hope you think about what I wrote, and not just dismiss it. I wish you luck in the Marines man :)

Also, I guess because you talked a lot about how it will help you after your service, I suppose that is what really matters to you, so I suppose my whole spiel about "wanting to server your country is a virtue" crap is kind of pointless. I don't mean to say that you are only doing this for the benefits (although that appears to be a possibility from your paragraph. O well, enough of that, I just really hope you aren't a bush/Iraq war supporter because you will most likely lose a lot of respect I have for you...

bizybozo

Smash Journeyman
oh fonz. I believe this thread will never be as exciting as the time i ripped out an 8 page post. i just, don't have the energy.

lol at wuss talking way too much. watch urself son.

mas, theres no need to keep rich's secret, they already know man.
- yes guys, we won't be seeing rich til the end of summer i'm afraid, and thats at the earliest if we're lucky. by that time he'll be kicked out of the house he's just rented (becuase, after all, he can't make money in jail to pay the bill) and then even after he's done with jail time, and out on the streets again, he'll be struggling to pay off the **** loans he took out for his lawyer. its sad, i know. I only wish rich wasn't locked up so he could get online and tell us about his ventures behind bars. Who knows, maybe, just maybe, he gets a chance to smash during Rec hours.

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
wuss: i understand your point of veiw, but you shouldnt rely on people to "get the joke" on a text-based forum. in real life, its pretty easy to see if somebody is joking or not, but in a setting like this, every thing you say can bet taken literally, unless you add a jk or something (unless the whole post is just one big joke, like mine usually are).. keep in mind that i wasnt trying to be a complete *** to you, i was just saying that saying something like that can (and probably will) offend somebody (personally, i dont like the idea of fighting for the country while bush is still around either, but im not gonna let that stop me) so yeah, in short, you're still a cool guy, and i dont hate you, but remember to think about what you type, because somebody that actually cares may be reading.
one more thing that i forgot to reply about: no, i didnt just do it for the benefits, but that was the best way i could convey the fact that fighting for your country isnt overrated, considering i was tired as hell.
fonz: admit you loved those cats more than life itself (okay.. maybe not that much..) but you know you liked those pics
bizy: i still remember looking up some of those words.. lol

Cyrain

Smash Ace
oh fonz. I believe this thread will never be as exciting as the time i ripped out an 8 page post. i just, don't have the energy.

lol at wuss talking way too much. watch urself son.

mas, theres no need to keep rich's secret, they already know man.
- yes guys, we won't be seeing rich til the end of summer i'm afraid, and thats at the earliest if we're lucky. by that time he'll be kicked out of the house he's just rented (becuase, after all, he can't make money in jail to pay the bill) and then even after he's done with jail time, and out on the streets again, he'll be struggling to pay off the **** loans he took out for his lawyer. its sad, i know. I only wish rich wasn't locked up so he could get online and tell us about his ventures behind bars. Who knows, maybe, just maybe, he gets a chance to smash during Rec hours.
I might be ********, but is Rich really in jail? And if so, why?

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
hes not ...right now. bizy was being sarcastic.
reason: speeding

boss: Im lost. what challenge? i thought you were talking about chz1's situation.

...ck would be munching on popcorn...fatas$.

i ****ing hate this game. link is so slow.

Skylink

Smash Lord
A house made of brick, wood, and plaster (I think)
Wow, thanmks for the warm welcome guys. It's a shame ThLegend/Rich Dissapeared. But where is he? Why aren't you guys seeing him for the rest of the summer? As I said earlier, He lives right down the street from my hous and I have to play him! He's so close! If he's just renting it then he isn't going to stay there for too long!

Also, was there some weird recent popcorn incident or something? (the suspense is killing me)

Masa... we should play a link ditto. See how slow he is compared to himself. GEEZ, I want to play somebody! All this practicing is making me smashfewst sick!!

Tin

Smash Journeyman
Richie is in Jailie. I think, who knows. But I guess not according to......

smash god hes not in jail.

please dont talk when you dont know.

...our crew is gonna **** at pound 2. Masa/Aero/Redd/doll/ CK. LOL gg. Go home *****. I wish blues was on it though..
What crew are you talking about? Aero is in a different crew, he left the Silent Syndicate for the Loud Lovers (Kirbstirs) a long time ago.

See sig.

FOB

Smash Ace
**** I was going to say 'Wait, Rich isn't in jail?!?" Oh well. That sucks.

HOLY CRAP! ITS SKYLINK! THE FIRST PERSON I EVER PLAYED IN THE TOURNAMENT SCENE!!. SUP MAN!!! lol ^_^

Fonz- Is amazing

Masa- uhh.. Aero is in the Kirbstirs, and Redd said that the crew is dead and that he was going to join a random crew for pound.

bizybozo

Smash Journeyman
thats enough matt. seriously. stop telling them i was being sarcastic, stop signing in as rich... the kids need to know the truth.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
ok bizy ill stop lieing. my bad. naw yea rich is in jail. im fuxing with knowing his word of passage.

and as of now im pretty sure our crew for POUND 2 is still in tact. we're not a real crew, we're just crewing for pound 2.

bizybozo

Smash Journeyman
if you're not a real crew then don't fvck with the the tourney man. they're only going to have so much time and resources, let the true crews duke it out. making up a bs crew a month before the tourney is weak imo.

fob, thank you.

p.s. i like the way matt spelled "lying".

bizybozo

Smash Journeyman
lol just messin. i could care less. I just, want to feel like i belong somewhere.... and im not part of ur super cool new crew... T.T

Black Tyranno

Smash Journeyman
lol you guys seem so lost without Chozenone. TNR should have enough ppl that are coming to Pound 2 - to form multiple 4 or 5 man crews. If for some reason I don't crew with the Kirbstirs or BRK at Pound 2, I'd be happy to form a crew with random memebers of TNR.

Top Bottom