• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Ultra Newest TNR Recruitment Pg *disowns spammers*

Fonz

Smash Ace
"He [Ness] was a worse character in 64 IMO."

- idiot.
A bit harsh but its definitely true that Ness was better in N64, he was top half, now he's bottom half. Advanced pkt **** is very minor. A good ness is great at recovering without using his upB, not doing crazy tricks with it. Ness has pretty good options for getting back on the stage in most matchups, upB should only be used as needed, not to show off by getting hit into it.

With all that out of the way I think the arguement about how he'll never win tournies with Ness is a bit silly. Unfortunately, almost everyone around here will never win a tournament, no matter what character they use. I'm fairly confident I'll never win a MD/VA tourney but that doesn't stop it from being fun every single weekend. If Ness was the most fun for me I certainly wouldn't hesitate to use him at every opportunity. Not everyone can pull it off, but if you can get great with a character people don't have tons of experience against it can be a huge asset.

Ness is indeed a beast in teams with Samus. Ness+Samus on Corneria should be banned! There is no greater feeling than winning a match with all 4 stock left and 0% damage (even though you took hundreds).

Wuss

Smash Champion
fonz dont be so modest man! compared to all of us, you have a decent chance of winning a tournament. wanna talk of no chance, look at me. When I make it to tournies, I don't even make it past like third or fourth round, max. But I still love smash. I don't see why your selling yourself short. I can easily see you winning a tourney here. Even if like chu or azen go. (now to really add some cheese) Believe in youself Fonz!!

Fonz

Smash Ace
Haha, thanks for the kind words, that wasn't really the point of my post though. I just wanted to say that his character choice really doesn't matter in the end if he enjoys it. At the moment I maybe have a better shot at winning a tourney than you due to experience, but .01% isn't that great even compared to .001% or whatever =P

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I have essays to write so no...

Why is a Samus Ness team good? I want to know. *tries to convince L@wl to main Samus*

Fonz

Smash Ace
Samus is probably the best at healing ness. Ness can spam fairs to keep opponents away while samus charges. Gay stages that allow camping make this even easier/gayer. ICs can also heal ness decently well. Bowser is great at healing Ness, but unfortunately he's Bowser. Ness/Pika/Fox/Mewtwo/Others also work but are slightly less effective.

Being down to 2v1 vs Samus/Ness is one of the more frustrating things. Ness won't let you get to Samus and if you don't 0-death Ness he's just going to get healed infinitely.

Wuss

Smash Champion
I actually recently decided to start playing samus again, like just as another character to play. And I might make her one of my secondaries. She's so fun, just all tricksies. Me likey the samus...

we should try that team next time sage...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I always thought Fox and Falco were his best teamates since they heal very fast and are easy to combo with. Shine to bat... I dunno, I'm not experienced in teams at all. I've played only 3 times w/ L@wl on teams in a serious tournament.

I can't play smash for the next three week because of end of school gayness, but after that it's summer for me! I hope I get to play a lot of people over the summer.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
That girl is hideously disgusting. Her boobs are like udders. Imagine her in 5 years, saggity sacks. No thanks. Even ugly cows look better than her.

You guys have bad bad taste.

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
dude... dead. it died a while ago, but nobody really noticed/cared because we were all worried about how chubby you've gotten (joke, but yeah, tnr still died a while ago)

FOB

Smash Ace
There were definitely more sheiks than fox's at C3. wtf.
eh heh he. I would have to disagree with you. My pool consisted of four fox players and me. I also saw like a few others.

I only saw like 2 sheiks. :lick:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Chu is holding a low tier tourney!!!!!

Yes! Finally. *breaks out in dance*

O wait, I have a boy scout campout this weekend... *cries* *cuts himself* *cries* *hangs himself* *breaks gamecube controller* *listens to emu music*jkxc.k.lsd asdf lj lasdhd j

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
dude.. wtf is emu music? i didnt know those flightless birds made music.. i thought they just sat around dreaming about being a hawk, soaring through the sky.

oh yeah FOB, i hate you. lol you still have my memory card.. (so inconvenient when i wanna practice my chars on FD)

Top Bottom