• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bowl (Sat. 2/6/2010) BRING SETUPS!

S0FT

Smash Ace
So Hopefully melee will be big...
And if someone takes my chair again, I'm just going to take it even if you are in the middle of a match...

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Billy!! We need more grand finals matches.
Ill bring a pen and paper to take notes on.

Edit:I got confirmation that i am aloud to go to a friend's step-brother's bday party because he doesnt wana be alone with little kids tech for singles and doubles.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
so i count like 5 melee players 6 if i come. hopefully there will be more?
There should be more.

Well, I can't wait to to see everyone tomorrow.

For those bringing setups: If you are bringing a TV with component inputs on it, that will serve as the main TV (as I can record from my PVR there.) If not, then we just set up as usual.

Oh, and please bring chairs. The Activity Room has 25 seats, so if you have a spare foldable, bring it.

And one more thing:
Bring Setups!

Rayku

Smash Lord
hey hitboxexploiter dude, wanna MM?

I hope there's Chinese food of some sort near the venue...

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Ok, but I won't be using Wario, so taking notes won't help you that much. I have to use a real man to fight Billy: Luigi.

SPSU is bringing a car of people. I expect around 10-15 for Melee at least.
doesnt matter, i have to learn luigi. Lounis taught me a little last monthly but i forgot most of the tips. i shoulda wrote them down. Not making that mistake again.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
werd.
1) theres a spot for me to park right?
2) bbq im comin for you, tubes doesnt think i can handle it but i gotta prove him wrong
Yes, there is parking. Keep in mind that the parking on is on the same street as the venue, and it's a one way street.

hey hitboxexploiter dude, wanna MM?

I hope there's Chinese food of some sort near the venue...
Look on the OP for some places...

hrm... we could mm(i think ive gotten better). ill mm more for a character that isnt fox tho
edit: oh yea and ill make it all big like
i can bring a setup
Wubs.

I think I can bring a setup.
Potential <3 for you as well.

EDIT: Registration for doubles is about to start shortly. For those of you not here: BRING SETUPS!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Great tourney!

Tourney host was really cool (i missed doubles signups and was upset about that, but that was my fault and he was gonna let me in but again my fault for not having exact change.)

Shoutouts:

first off 4god: Im surprised i didnt shrivel up from all my salt after our tourney set. now that i have calmed down and have my salt under control i would like to say good games sir and mean it. your a pretty cool guy to talk to. glad to see you at this. GGS

lounis: thanks so much for the ride man. Great matches. I want to beat you in a set someday man, i really do. I guess im improving slowly, but i wish i could improve faster. sorry we couldnt team this time as a practice teams, but turtl asked me first durring 3rd period (why cant you have been in my 2nd period class man :( lol) but yeah.

Person with the setup on the projector then got moved to a normal TV: you had some ****in sexy *** music we should get together oneday and listen to that music in a dark closet Mr anonymous. <3 <3 <3
No homo

tubes: fun talking to you at iHOP i have to play you sometime in melee. i am not good at all but i still want to play you. you look like a fun person to play against, with all the flashy stuff you do with falcon.

everyone else on my list that i was gonna give shoutouts to, but im not cuz i am tired: Great to see you again.. lol

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I really enjoyed myself at this tourney and it was great to see everyone today.

I'll do real shoutouts tomorrow. I'm too lazy now.

Soft: I think I will be able to beat you once I am ready to beat you. Right now, I'm just like "Why am I about to beat Soft? He is ranked 4th on the power rankings, he is much better than me, he has tons more experience, and yet, I, BBQ, BBG, BBQW, Bar-Be-Quae, is just one hit away from beating Soft and I will be guaranteed top 3."
I am just a simpleton, who quit Brawl 6 months ago and decided to play Melee, and I am not ready to beat a top player yet. It is like a boy who is going through puberty and feels he is not ready to become a man yet. Once I feel that I am good, then I will be able to accept that I can beat you. For now I will just stick to losing to you and Fullmetal, and camp out around Tubes and RJ's level until I feel ready to go to the next level.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Why the **** do I suck so ****ing badly at Melee

@Fullmetal: I hope you liked my surprise counterpick on game 5 of our Winner's set. I'm glad I was able to catch you offguard :)

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Why the **** do I suck so ****ing badly at Melee

@Fullmetal: I hope you liked my surprise counterpick on game 5 of our Winner's set. I'm glad I was able to catch you offguard :)
It did indeed surprise me!

Maybe I shoulda gone marth.... >.>

GGs to all, I had fun.=)
You all suck for not entering melee teams- we NEVER have teams in GA melee anymore!!! :(

DRN

Smash Lord
Tourney was mad fun. Dont want to do shoutouts since i'm to lazy. Glad i got to play Reflex and Calvin a good amount. Wish i could have played ArtDude and Billy though didnt get the chance. 4God good stuff wreckin wait til the monthly/Next Gt tourney/FR i'll get ya back w/ my bird and girl.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Okay, so here's the deal... I'm thinking of doing a tournament like this every month. Based off when WABA's tournament is, it's either going to be the first week of every month or second week. Probably at the same venue unless I can find a bit bigger of one, since the venue is free. It'll be 10$ entry fee and both Brawl/Melee (to help the exact change deal and encourage attendance). The rules will be changed to current GA/WABA rules also.

The only problems I see are somewhat the size of the venue (which I think can be fixed if we spread out the setups a bit more) and the lack of TVs at the venue. With help from the community I think we can cover TVs just fine. And I can always bring probably 2-3 TVs and 2 Wiis from my place.

I just figured that transportation to Tech is easier for some and the no door fee helps others a lot and entices people to come. Sounds like a win win for everyone here.

If anyone has any other ideas about it just PM me them. I think it's a good idea and I'll manage everything.

Shout Outs

@Billy - Had fun like usual mate. Good team friendlies and talking about Salt Party on the way back. We're advancing the metagame, you and I. We'll dominate the pools at Salt Lake City easily.

@TuRtL - You mad crazy bro, I played friendlies with you and Dyno for like 30 mins or more, lol.

@Dyno - Nice seeing you again and all the friendlies. Yeah, my Wii is mad sexy and I'm still working on it. I'm making custom portraits for all my textures and redesigning my Select Screen's right now. By next tournament it'll be awesome. We still need to hack your Wii. I'll see if I can remember to bring all the stuff next monthly.

@Lounis - Thanks for all the friendlies and everything as usual. You're a godsend to the Smash community for picking up so many people and I'm not kidding. Hopefully we can go own up Auburn together, ha.

@Kazoo - Thanks for setting all this up. Really made a lot of people's weekends. It was a great tournament and hopefully you'll hop on board for the monthlies I'm planning.

@Calvin - Thanks for the advice at the end of our set. Always a pleasure playing and talking to you. Hopefully you can come out to more tournaments overall this year. Would love to get some friendlies.

@Everyone - Thanks for coming and it was good seeing you guys. Come next month too ;)

DRN

Smash Lord
O YEA now i remember dunno y i forgot that lol. Forgot to say Big Thx to Lounis for driving me. Guess i wish i could have played Billy more then (Doubles doesnt count).

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Please post results. I told the DKs I'd report in my placement today but I need an official link with. Please and thank you!

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
Tourney was mad fun. Dont want to do shoutouts since i'm to lazy. Glad i got to play Reflex and Calvin a good amount. Wish i could have played ArtDude and Billy though didnt get the chance. 4God good stuff wreckin wait til the monthly/Next Gt tourney/FR i'll get ya back w/ my bird and girl.
Thx man, lookin 4ward 2 another fun match w/ ur girl...as 4 ur bird...well, he'll b cool if he didnt hav a laser gun haha

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Please post results. I told the DKs I'd report in my placement today but I need an official link with. Please and thank you!
Ask and you shall receive (please read the OP):
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=264426

Any videos uploaded will be here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/GrandAdmiralShavy

So who won what?
No teams for Fullmetal ahahahahahahahahaha
Reflex & Kismet won Brawl teams.
Kismet won Brawl Singles.
Fullmetal won Melee Singles.
And you, Alpha, lost because you didn't show up.

Obv. :012:

Top Bottom