• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Finally got all my ideas down on paper and how it will be done. If I get it every reference, I will be very pleased with myself. You guys will enjoy it too. I just hope it doesn't get too crowded in some areas of the drawing, as there are a lot of references. And I mean a LOT. 50 total I think...

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I apologize for not updating the library.

I thought I had done so a few days ago, but looks like my changes were somehow deleted. I've been so busy, I forgot about it. :facepalm:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
OK, finally back to EarthBound Beginnings and I'm in Magicant (it's National Video Game day, one of the requirements is to play a new game. I haven't gotten far in EBB, so I decided it was new enough). What are the defensive items I need here again?

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
OK, finally back to EarthBound Beginnings (it's National Video Game day, one of the requirements is to play a new game. I haven't gotten far in EBB, so I decided it was new enough). What are the defensive items I need here again?
In Magicant? They were the Gold Ring and Magic Coin. You can get the elemental pendants at a later date since you will only barely have enough for the ring and coin if you even do. Then you need to get those two for Loid and Ana, so...

The repel ring is only temporary, but may be good in a pinch, but I wouldn't recommend it. It takes up valuable inventory space for another item. Magic herbs... There's someone in Magicant who you have to give your ATM card to and they will give you a bag (that goes in inventory) filled with an unknown number of Magic herbs, so you don't really need to get those, but definitely get the bag for later on in the game.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
In Magicant? They were the Gold Ring and Magic Coin. You can get the elemental pendants at a later date since you will only barely have enough for the ring and coin if you even do. Then you need to get those two for Loid and Ana, so...

The repel ring is only temporary, but may be good in a pinch, but I wouldn't recommend it. It takes up valuable inventory space for another item. Magic herbs... There's someone in Magicant who you have to give your ATM card to and they will give you a bag (that goes in inventory) filled with an unknown number of Magic herbs, so you don't really need to get those, but definitely get the bag for later on in the game.
Cool, thanks. I'm gonna try to get farther into this than I have today, maybe try to get Lloyd and/or Ana (whichever comes first).

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I believe the bag has 30 Magic Herbs.

Forgot which room it was in, but there's a boomerang you can find in the queen's palace. Definitely get that and equip it.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ya. Found the Boomerang and got it. Those defense and offense boosts are HUGE! I barely took any damage when fighting the fish, and I've gotten multiple SMAAAAASH hits with the Boomerang, as well as boosted damage.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Made a new friend today being Lloyd. That theme in the school was pretty great. I'm kinda happy I missed the janitor the first time going through the school, because I almost didn't want to leave if it weren't for the fact that Pollyanna was playing outside. But I'd forgotten that Being Friends plays from now on except when Ninten is the last party member alive. So I was pleasently surprised with that as well (though Pollyanna's still better). I need to level Lloyd up some tomorrow as well as get those defense items for him. For today, I think I'm done with the game though. Gotta say, you guys were right. This game does get better the farther into it you go.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
It's the only 8-bit game that I felt emotional over. Like, you can tell a lot of love was put into it. Especially its music.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Congratz Yink! ^__^

Oh, speaking of Smash, something interesting for me came up!

So the top 15 of my province (Quebec) is up... (And obv Ally is dominating lmao)
Then there was this note left here.

People that have high scores to be in the PR, but don't have enough attendance to kill the variance:
Timmy
[Insert 5 other names here]
So basically if I got to attend more tourneys/weeklies, I'd be able to make the PR.
I should be able to attend more weeklies/tourneys tho. Hopefully I'll get on there! :)

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Congratz Yink! ^__^

Oh, speaking of Smash, something interesting for me came up!

So the top 15 of my province (Quebec) is up... (And obv Ally is dominating lmao)
Then there was this note left here.

So basically if I got to attend more tourneys/weeklies, I'd be able to make the PR.
I should be able to attend more weeklies/tourneys tho. Hopefully I'll get on there! :)
That's so awesome man go you! I want to eventually win Nebulous in NYC but there are many great people here in the East Coast so I have my work cut out for me :) Also I got to face Ribs (NY Ness main) in a friendly 2 of 3 and he is really amazing. I got close to winning both matches so I feel like that is a merit in of itself.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Congrates @ Yink Yink Seriously, that is a big life decision. I wish you the best for you and your lover!

I'm really kicking myself right now at the realization that I didn't even celebrate Mother/Earthbound 25th birthday. Well, I guess I sorta did by getting into the series last year.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I'm doing the same now. Cause if I hadn't messed up on my drawing the first time I coulda saved it and showed you guys it on the 25th Anniversary. But there's no way I'm gonna wait another year to show you guys it.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
You guys are too much. I love modding this board. I promise to be more active now that I'm not you know, living and breathing every second and day of my life for wedding planning.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
You guys are too much. I love modding this board. I promise to be more active now that I'm not you know, living and breathing every second and day of my life for wedding planning.
You shouldn't make this kind of promise yet. You are fresly married, so you should try to spend your time with your husband instead of spending it on the Internet. :p
Maybe give someone a temporary mod status ? (not me, I would be really bad >_>)

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Just a neat little something I found online.:ness:

Last edited:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
A good thought. I may be here and there but I'll have a replacement while I'm away with the new hubby.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Realization that the Ruined Zoo in the SSE referencing Podunk Zoo in a way.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Realization that the Ruined Zoo in the SSE referencing Podunk Zoo in a way.
O.O

How the heck did we not see this?!?!?!

Isn't there a rock for the singing monkey in that zoo? If so, couldn't that same rock be the one Wario stands on in the Ness and Lucas vs. Wario face-off??

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
O.O

How the heck did we not see this?!?!?!

Isn't there a rock for the singing monkey in that zoo? If so, couldn't that same rock be the one Wario stands on in the Ness and Lucas vs. Wario face-off??
IDK, a lot of the various areas in the SSE aren't existing places, but are themed after existing places. Kind of like Castle Siege.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Guys, listen to this...

Sound familiar? If not...

Realized this earlier this morning, since my morning school had a half-day today meaning the morning kids didn't have to go, while the pm kids did. So I started up EarthBound, and found this, since I stayed on the Choose A File screen while doing something else quickly. Just a neat little tid bit.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Guys, listen to this...

Sound familiar? If not...

Realized this earlier this morning, since my morning school had a half-day today meaning the morning kids didn't have to go, while the pm kids did. So I started up EarthBound, and found this, since I stayed on the Choose A File screen while doing something else quickly. Just a neat little tid bit.
How....did I not...that's awesome!

I always got :cheep: once I first heard Mother songs in Earthbound.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
How....did I not...that's awesome!

I always got :cheep: once I first heard Mother songs in Earthbound.
It surprised me too. I need to thank my dog because the only reason I stayed on the Choose A File screen long enough to hear it was because I had to let her in the house. Lol.

I went back down stairs and thought "Wait...is that?!?!?! NO WAY!!!".

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
http://earthbound.nintendo.com/message/

Anyone else get hit in the feels?

Also, what's the best method of using PKT2 on the ground? Should I let the ball fly upwards some first and then try to turn it around, or should I try making a semi-circle as soon as I start the move? I'm trying to learn how to get it down pat so I can missile myself on the ground, but I'm not able to do it all too well.

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Looks pretty good to me. But man, I can't believe Halloween is less than a month away already.
It's crazy isn't it? I don't know who I'm gonna dress up as? Maybe I can go as Ness or Lucas this year. Even though I did it last year it was fun. So why not again?

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I'm really not even sure I'm going this year. I didn't last year, and I felt like I was missing out, but then again, society would say I'm right around the age where I shouldn't be going anymore due to A. I'm getting too old or B. They think I'll be doing stupid things like TPing someone's house.

But if I do end up going, I still have no idea who to go as. I mean, I can't go as Ness because I don't have a cap of the same color (and my dad would really hate it if I wore it facing sideways, so I'd have to wear it facing in the front or back). And most other costumes that they have are just not good enough for me honestly. Not much that I think really stands out, ya know?

Eh, I'll figure out something to do this Halloween. If I don't go I'll probably just help my Grandma pass out candy.

Thinking about it now, if I did go as Ness, I'd probably go up to everyone's door and say "Fuzzy Pickles!" instead of "Trick or Treat!". But some people might...ya know...take that the wrong way...(coughidiotscough).

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I'm really not even sure I'm going this year. I didn't last year, and I felt like I was missing out, but then again, society would say I'm right around the age where I shouldn't be going anymore due to A. I'm getting too old or B. They think I'll be doing stupid things like TPing someone's house.

But if I do end up going, I still have no idea who to go as. I mean, I can't go as Ness because I don't have a cap of the same color (and my dad would really hate it if I wore it facing sideways, so I'd have to wear it facing in the front or back). And most other costumes that they have are just not good enough for me honestly. Not much that I think really stands out, ya know?

Eh, I'll figure out something to do this Halloween. If I don't go I'll probably just help my Grandma pass out candy.

Thinking about it now, if I did go as Ness, I'd probably go up to everyone's door and say "Fuzzy Pickles!" instead of "Trick or Treat!". But some people might...ya know...take that the wrong way...(coughidiotscough).
I mean I don't really care about what society says about dressing up for Halloween. I'm 15 and I still trick or treat so it doesn't really matter to me. You're never to old for free candy!

Last edited:
Top Bottom