• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
The two times before I actually beat the Plague Rat of Doom with Flash Beta's insta-kill effect. I laughed so hard both times. Wasn't that lucky the third time, but Flash Beta still crippled it.

As for grinding, I'd say either the sewers or the Pink Cloud dungeon, especially after you beat the guardians. You always get the first hit since they're scared of you.
Wait, Flash b has an INSTA-KILL effect at times?!?!?! Geez, that move might not be that useless to me anymore! Thanks for the info.!

As for your grinding comment, I probably should do that. I pretty much just scatter all the enemies saying "Get outta my way!" once I beat the Sanctuary Guardians, it's kinda amusing actually. But if you say I should start beating up on them, I'll give it a shot. Thanks again.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
So this awesome Brawl modder attemptig to port Magicant to Brawl now.

Yaya Haider

Banned via Warnings
NNID
HeroYaYa
3DS FC
0490-6092-1077
I actually never had to grind in Mother 2, like not at all. Maybe it's just me. But to me Mother 2 was one of the easiest RPG's I've ever played.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I actually never had to grind in Mother 2, like not at all. Maybe it's just me. But to me Mother 2 was one of the easiest RPG's I've ever played.
Agreed. Aside from the beginning. Earthbound's a great game and all, but frankly compared to other RPGs, I personally find the combat system and difficulty boring.

OK, so you're not human...
ANYONE who isn't human has beaten Advance Wars 1 on the Advance Campaign (hard). Let me just say, you don't know hell until you have tried that... Even MT. ITOI pales in comparison to that madness. I never got past Mission 2 on hard, and I beat Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising and Advance Wars: Dual Strike on hard. Then again, I heard Fire Emblem at it's hardest is worse.

Last edited:

Yaya Haider

Banned via Warnings
NNID
HeroYaYa
3DS FC
0490-6092-1077
Agreed. Aside from the beginning. Earthbound's a great game and all, but frankly compared to other RPGs, I personally find the combat system and difficulty boring.

ANYONE who isn't human has beaten Advance Wars 1 on the Advance Campaign (hard). Let me just say, you don't know hell until you have tried that... Even MT. ITOI pales in comparison to that madness. I never got past Mission 2 on hard, and I beat Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising and Advance Wars: Dual Strike on hard. Then again, I heard Fire Emblem at it's hardest is worse.
Fire Emblem can be crazy hard if you play on Lunatic mode.

OK, so you're not human...
Says the guy with the Robot as a profile! OK That was pretty bad.

I agree the combat system is pretty simple, but for some reason it's still fun for me. Mother 3 is really easy too. And Mother 1 doesn't seam hard but rather tedious or stupid hard.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

Says the guy with the Robot as a profile! OK That was pretty bad.

I agree the combat system is pretty simple, but for some reason it's still fun for me. Mother 3 is really easy too. And Mother 1 doesn't seam hard but rather tedious or stupid hard.
Do you want me to take off my shades and fire a laser at you? Cause that's what it sounds like...

Lol just kidding. But ya, that was bad. Better luck next time. :p

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
So now I know what I'm NOT going to do in the near future.

I guess. I can understand that. Sometimes, I guess it's nice just to go to simple and not overly complex. Never played M3, not too thrilled about having to get an emulator for it, and I actually enjoyed the difficulty for M1. Since I grinded so much, I didn't find it too difficult until Mt. Itoi, where I ran from pretty much everything aside from the enemies in the caves like the Blue Starmen, when I was grinding outside the healer's cabin, and when I had EVE.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So now I know what I'm NOT going to do in the near future.

I guess. I can understand that. Sometimes, I guess it's nice just to go to simple and not overly complex. Never played M3, not too thrilled about having to get an emulator for it, and I actually enjoyed the difficulty for M1. Since I grinded so much, I didn't find it too difficult until Mt. Itoi, where I ran from pretty much everything aside from the enemies in the caves like the Blue Starmen, when I was grinding outside the healer's cabin, and when I had EVE.
Who's EVE? I haven't gotten to that part yet in EarthBound Beginnings...

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Uh... You'll find her on Mt. Itoi. That is all I will tell you, unless you want to spoil everything and google EVE Earthbound or something.
OK. I think this time, I won't spoil it for myself.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
I remember the first time I tried Mother 1 without the "EZ mode" patch.

I couldn't even make it past my yard without having ~20 encounters :substitute:

Yaya Haider

Banned via Warnings
NNID
HeroYaYa
3DS FC
0490-6092-1077
I haven't played Mother 1 because of this. I hear the game suffers a lot form the old RPG game design. That's why if i do play it i'll play the 25th Anniversary version or the fan made remake that's supposed to come out.

manrangan

Smash Cadet
NNID
manrangan
3DS FC
1289-8629-2870
Switch FC
SW-8204-8475-7607
Got 4th at my first tournament today with Ness. I lost when I switched to Toon Link as a counterpick against Ike, as they didn't have the DLC characters except for Mewtwo, and I needed someone who could zone (and my go-to pick for that is usually Lucas). I am happy with that though, since it was my first tourney. I also pulled off a PK Flash and a PK Fire edgeguard against a Mac in the first round of the set with him, which was pretty amazing.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Found this on Miiverse Stage:
image.jpg

Pretty sure if we're gonna ask for another EarthBound/Mother character, it's a contest between Ninten and Paula.

Last edited:

Yaya Haider

Banned via Warnings
NNID
HeroYaYa
3DS FC
0490-6092-1077
Oops sorry about that guys i was cleaning my keyboard and i pressed enter.

Anyway i was going to say how i would like Kumorta or The Masked Man instead.

Last edited:

manrangan

Smash Cadet
NNID
manrangan
3DS FC
1289-8629-2870
Switch FC
SW-8204-8475-7607
I'd like Ninten so that we could have all of the Mother protag's, but quite honestly, if we got Ninten I would hope that they would make an effort to change his design so that it isn't too similar to Ness.

Yaya Haider

Banned via Warnings
NNID
HeroYaYa
3DS FC
0490-6092-1077
I mean you can tell which is which by Nintin's scarf. But your right. They are pretty similar. Personally i would rather see him as a alt character for Ness. Just think it might be easier that way. Also i think it should be someone more unique. Like The Masked Man or maybe someone like Duster would be amazing.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Meh, I can't say too much for the characters from Mother 3 other than Lucas, since I haven't played it (though I really should get the emulator). And Ninten would make sense, but I see him more as a alt. for Ness. I mean, yes they've got their differences, but look at Bowser Jr.'s alts. They look nothing like him. But I've always thought bringing in Paula would be a neat idea. I would just hope they gave her something so she's not a semi-clone of either Ness or Lucas. I think I gave her a potential moveset a few pages back, so that may work (though I don't remember completely what it was). And on the plus side, we'd have our first EarthBound/Mother female rep.. Even though we've already got a lot more females this time around, I still think 1 or 2 more couldn't hurt much. :)

Last edited:

Yaya Haider

Banned via Warnings
NNID
HeroYaYa
3DS FC
0490-6092-1077
Side note: I tried to get PM working today and still had no luck, got to one match and then it froze. :(

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
I want Ninten, Paula, and Poo available as alts for Ness. That would be nice.

I suppose they could make Paula her own character, but she would be a second semi clone. Which is cool. They did it with Fox, Falco, and Wolf and I feel like that worked out well.

Jeff is my favorite party member in Earthbound and his moveset would be more unique compared to Paula's, but I know that he's not as popular and a female or villain rep should be next.

Pokey is in Mother 3 right? Honestly he would be a deserving rep. He was a recurring antagonist throughout Earthbound, and I've heard he has a part in Mother 3. His moveset would also end up being quite unique considering he would fight in a robot. But considering he was a boss last game, it's unlikely they would add him as a character.

There are no other significant antaonists in Earthbound apart from the Mani Mani statue and Gigyas, but neither of those would work. The Masked Man would probably be a cool rep. Probably another semi clone maybe. But I'm not too familiar with which psi abilities he has. Not that that has mattered so far. :p

Actually what would be a cool idea would be to introduce Paula and Kumatora as one single rep, and have different alts. Then you could have the female companion of both Ness and Lucas. I think that would be cool.

But the Mother series really isn't deserving of any more reps. They haven't had a game in ages and they weren't that successful. Metroid, Star Fox, and Donkey Kong would all be more deserving of reps.

Here's a question. Would you rather they develop a Mother 4, or do you want them to remake all 3 Mother games that create one cohesive experience and they can give a face lift to the game. I'm not just talking about a visual improvement, but also fixing menus and UI, and improving the combat system and readability. I think it would be really nice if all 3 Mother games were as a whole more accessible, and easier to transition between. I know that Mother 1 especially is difficult to play nowadays.

I thought Earthbound aged well, but my friends who watched me played the game thought that it was pretty dated. One even was surprised I had been playing it for so long. I think the games could be remade to be more accessible. But that's just me. It would be really cool seeing a remaster of all 3.

Though a new Mother game would be really cool too. It's likely one or the other would have to happen for a new Mother rep to be added in the next smash game.

Also I'm not sure if you all saw, but an artist on deviant art was inspired by card captor Sakura and made cards for each Smash character. It's easy to find them if you google them. I love Ness's but I can't post it here cause I'm on mobile right now.

Yaya Haider

Banned via Warnings
NNID
HeroYaYa
3DS FC
0490-6092-1077

I suppose they could make Paula her own character, but she would be a second semi clone. Which is cool. They did it with Fox, Falco, and Wolf and I feel like that worked out well.

Jeff is my favorite party member in Earthbound and his moveset would be more unique compared to Paula's, but I know that he's not as popular and a female or villain rep should be next.

Pokey is in Mother 3 right? Honestly he would be a deserving rep. He was a recurring antagonist throughout Earthbound, and I've heard he has a part in Mother 3. His moveset would also end up being quite unique considering he would fight in a robot. But considering he was a boss last game, it's unlikely they would add him as a character.

There are no other significant antaonists in Earthbound apart from the Mani Mani statue and Gigyas, but neither of those would work. The Masked Man would probably be a cool rep. Probably another semi clone maybe. But I'm not too familiar with which psi abilities he has. Not that that has mattered so far. :p

Actually what would be a cool idea would be to introduce Paula and Kumatora as one single rep, and have different alts. Then you could have the female companion of both Ness and Lucas. I think that would be cool.

But the Mother series really isn't deserving of any more reps. They haven't had a game in ages and they weren't that successful. Metroid, Star Fox, and Donkey Kong would all be more deserving of reps.

Here's a question. Would you rather they develop a Mother 4, or do you want them to remake all 3 Mother games that create one cohesive experience and they can give a face lift to the game. I'm not just talking about a visual improvement, but also fixing menus and UI, and improving the combat system and readability. I think it would be really nice if all 3 Mother games were as a whole more accessible, and easier to transition between. I know that Mother 1 especially is difficult to play nowadays.

I thought Earthbound aged well, but my friends who watched me played the game thought that it was pretty dated. One even was surprised I had been playing it for so long. I think the games could be remade to be more accessible. But that's just me. It would be really cool seeing a remaster of all 3.

Though a new Mother game would be really cool too. It's likely one or the other would have to happen for a new Mother rep to be added in the next smash game.

Also I'm not sure if you all saw, but an artist on deviant art was inspired by card captor Sakura and made cards for each Smash character. It's easy to find them if you google them. I love Ness's but I can't post it here cause I'm on mobile right now.
Yeah as much as i love Mother i feel like other Franchises deserve a spot. Or really some series who don't have a rep at all!

I would rather see a Mother 4 on 3DS or Wii U. I mean they just released the first Mother game on Wii U. With a hole reveal and everything so i don't think we might see a collection. It doesn't seem like Nintendo would do that. I mean why do a collection when so manny people might have just beat the first Mother. Sure it would be nice, but i dunno. Maybe on 3DS?

Though the Mother 4 fan game looks sooooooooo gooood. So if we don't get Mother 4 then i'm fine with this instead.

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
Yeah as much as i love Mother i feel like other Franchises deserve a spot. Or really some series who don't have a rep at all!

I would rather see a Mother 4 on 3DS or Wii U. I mean they just released the first Mother game on Wii U. With a hole reveal and everything so i don't think we might see a collection. It doesn't seem like Nintendo would do that. I mean why do a collection when so manny people might have just beat the first Mother. Sure it would be nice, but i dunno. Maybe on 3DS?

Though the Mother 4 fan game looks sooooooooo gooood. So if we don't get Mother 4 then i'm fine with this instead.
The Legend of Zelda games have been going very well for them. So I know Nintendo isn't opposed to remastering.

And yeah they wouldn't do it now because they just released Beginnings. But maybe in a couple years.

I agree that the Mother series should probably be released on 3ds. Graphical fidelity was never a focus for Mother. Earthbound's aesthetic somewhat reminds me of Pokemon honestly.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
For any EB fan who hasn't seen this yet or didn't know of these~

I would like Ninten in smash... Gotta have the OMC.

Last edited:

Yaya Haider

Banned via Warnings
NNID
HeroYaYa
3DS FC
0490-6092-1077
The Legend of Zelda games have been going very well for them. So I know Nintendo isn't opposed to remastering.

And yeah they wouldn't do it now because they just released Beginnings. But maybe in a couple years.

I agree that the Mother series should probably be released on 3ds. Graphical fidelity was never a focus for Mother. Earthbound's aesthetic somewhat reminds me of Pokemon honestly.
I know, but i was more talking right now.

Though i wouldn't mind seeing a spiritual successor to Mother. Really anything created by Itoi must be amazing.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

The Paula/Kumatora alt. is actually a good idea. That might be the first alt. I actually play as, once as Paula once as Kumatora.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hey guys, little announcement for everyone:

I may be hosting a tournament soon, and I'd like it if my friends here on SmashBoards would be in it. I'm still deciding when I should do it, and what the rules will be. But it will require a password to get in, so I'll be posting that for you guys when/if I decide to do it. Besides, I know most of my friends on SmashBoards would beat me, but I need the practice. Just wanted to let you guys know.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hey, where is everyone??? We're usually more active than this! Anyways:

Alright guys, just an update on that tournament. I've confirmed that it will be on either Wednesday or Saturday, from 7:00pm to 8:30pm EST time, and will be points based. That's all. Sorry if both of those times are inconvenient for anyone. But I'm still not sure which day it will be, so look for that announcement soon. :)

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
We'll try. Hopefully everyone on the threads I posted the original tournament announcement on has a good internet connection.

Top Bottom