• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So I'm going to go through EarthBound again, to bring back what the start of the game was like. The only change I'm making this time is that I'm not putting the characters name's in all caps. First time through I didn't realize that until it was too late, lol.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
So I'm going to go through EarthBound again, to bring back what the start of the game was like. The only change I'm making this time is that I'm not putting the characters name's in all caps. First time through I didn't realize that until it was too late, lol.
You can make it easy on yourself by going to the 'don't care' option at the bottom left and clicking it once for each character. It comes up with their original names. ^_^

How far are you in Beginnings btw? ^_^

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
You can make it easy on yourself by going to the 'don't care' option at the bottom left and clicking it once for each character. It comes up with their original names. ^_^

How far are you in Beginnings btw? ^_^
Not very. I'll beat it, but it just doesn't have the same feel as EarthBound to me.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I'll get to it. It'll probably be done by...mid-October at the latest.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Not very. I'll beat it, but it just doesn't have the same feel as EarthBound to me.
Every EB to EBB player ever... :laugh::urg: (most anyway) Hope you beat it eventually.

Speaking of which, I need to get back into Mother 3.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Every EB to EBB player ever... :laugh::urg: (most anyway) Hope you beat it eventually.

Speaking of which, I need to get back into Mother 3.
Don't worry, I don't doubt that Beginnings is a good game. It's just...I really dunno how to explain it. Beginnings is sure to get better as I keep going, but now, at the beginning (pun intended), it's not all too flashy.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Still haven't gotten EB Beginnings yet :( maybe soon or maybe when school starts up. But I'm currently playing mother 3. (I originally started playing it on my phone via emulators) I got to chapter 5 or so and then I got stuck and put the game down. Much later on I find out my brother deleted the app thus deleting the game and its progress. :( It was an accident. But I got Mother 3 again after 5 monthes on my PC and it runs so smoothly then on my phone. (It lagged so much couldn't even pull off music note combos. Also the controls are better on the PC because I have buttons to press and not my screen. I gotta give it to Tomato for his excellent translation. :) :)

Also question for people that are on the social forum. What piece of music froma video game hits you straight in the nostalgia? Mine is https://soundcloud.com/tavanthesage/intro-story-paper-mario-the

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Still haven't gotten EB Beginnings yet :( maybe soon or maybe when school starts up. But I'm currently playing mother 3. (I originally started playing it on my phone via emulators) I got to chapter 5 or so and then I got stuck and put the game down. Much later on I find out my brother deleted the app thus deleting the game and its progress. :( It was an accident. But I got Mother 3 again after 5 monthes on my PC and it runs so smoothly then on my phone. (It lagged so much couldn't even pull off music note combos. Also the controls are better on the PC because I have buttons to press and not my screen. I gotta give it to Tomato for his excellent translation. :) :)

Also question for people that are on the social forum. What piece of music froma video game hits you straight in the nostalgia? Mine is https://soundcloud.com/tavanthesage/intro-story-paper-mario-the
WHAT?!?!?! AN EARTHBOUND FAN LIKE YOU DOESN'T HAVE EARTHBOUND BEGINNINGS?!?!?! WHAT KIND OF FOOLISHNESS IS THIS?!?!?!

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
WHAT?!?!?! AN EARTHBOUND FAN LIKE YOU DOESN'T HAVE EARTHBOUND BEGINNINGS?!?!?! WHAT KIND OF FOOLISHNESS IS THIS?!?!?!
Lol I know. Just getting stuff digitally has always been a problem for me because its not like I can stick my money into the wii u and buy the game. I always buy games physically cuz I like to store them and have a physical library. It just holds more sentimental value to me. Also putting money into a credit card or buying an eshop card can be a hassle sometimes. I only put enough money in to buy the product I'm buying. I don't stick 100 dollars or something in my balance and then wait for something I want to buy to show up. (Although I wish I could do that :))

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So true. I just wait till my birthday and Christmas for eShop cards, or I save up some. In fact, after that last patch of DLC, I've only got around $9 left on my current one...I'm gonna need another so I can get all the DLC characters as they come.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
So true. I just wait till my birthday and Christmas for eShop cards, or I save up some. In fact, after that last patch of DLC, I've only got around $9 left on my current one...I'm gonna need another so I can get all the DLC characters as they come.
Yeah. Glad to have someone that agrees with me.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Lol I know. Just getting stuff digitally has always been a problem for me because its not like I can stick my money into the wii u and buy the game. I always buy games physically cuz I like to store them and have a physical library. It just holds more sentimental value to me. Also putting money into a credit card or buying an eshop card can be a hassle sometimes. I only put enough money in to buy the product I'm buying. I don't stick 100 dollars or something in my balance and then wait for something I want to buy to show up. (Although I wish I could do that :))
Same with me. Of course, there are a few cases where that is impossible or the costs outweigh the benefits (like Earthbound and the original Advance Wars for example), but I generally get the game with the casing as opposed through download. I just wish that me and my friends could agree on doing something other than Smash regularly. Sure Smash is fun, but I want other games as well.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I wish my sister would start playing EarthBound like she said she was. I finally got her to agree to go through the first 5-10 minutes of it and see if she liked it though. She'll be doing that tomorrow.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Close enough. If not for that emblem on the side though...

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I forgot how much of a hassle Twoson is. At least I used the enemy spawn trick and didn't run into any enemies (except a few crows) in Peaceful Rest Valley...

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Er...well hey...if you want to be like me....buy a Mother 3 cart with the fan translation. :awesome: Nah, I wouldn't recommend it since the money doesn't go to the developers obviously and the carts themselves aren't genuine M3 carts unfortunately...:ohwell: But hey, I can play it on its intended hardware, so that's a plus.
And yeah, much prefer physical > digital.

Oh how I would love to own a EB cart... Might buy a M1 cart just for the heck of it.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I know it shouldn't annoy me, but it's actually spelled 'Suburbs', not 'Surburbs' @ Hong Hong . MY OCD IS COMING THROUGH. :p

As for music that hits me straight back into nostalgia-land? Yeahhhh, this'll pretty much do it:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I know it shouldn't annoy me, but it's actually spelled 'Suburbs', not 'Surburbs' @ Hong Hong . MY OCD IS COMING THROUGH. :p

As for music that hits me straight back into nostalgia-land? Yeahhhh, this'll pretty much do it:

Wasn't that the Obstacle Course music on Yoshi's Island in Brawl?

Also, while it doesn't take me back to "nostalgia-land" (since I didn't even start playing video games till I was like, 9 or 10), I do enjoy the Super Mario Party 64 Theme. I think that's a track on Peach's Castle now, as well as a modern one on Delfino Plaza. I dunno, I just got done with my Smash play time for today. Finally got every character's Final Smash trophy, and took a lot of neat pictures with them.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yup it was. But the original gives me more nostalgia. The Brawl version sounds like a very active daylight rush, whilst the original sounds older, and for some reason makes me think of old radios and windmills. >_> :3

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
My memory is foggy. I can remember very few things from ages 1-4. Things from 5-9, I have good memories, but those only pop up now and then. But I'll never forget my times in elementary school. Those were good times, and I guess that's what I'd consider the nostalgia part of my life. :) Memories from then onward are easier to remember, though some of them aren't as good as those from ages 5-9.

But no doubt, my favorite music pieces come from older games/series, such as Mother/EarthBound, the Gyromite/Stack-Up theme, the two Ice Climber songs on Wrecking Crew (still need ICies DLC), the Duck Hunt Medley, G&W themes, and then a small hint of basically every other series represented with characters in Smash.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
My memory is foggy. I can remember very few things from ages 1-4. Things from 5-9, I have good memories, but those only pop up now and then. But I'll never forget my times in elementary school. Those were good times, and I guess that's what I'd consider the nostalgia part of my life. :) Memories from then onward are easier to remember, though some of them aren't as good as those from ages 5-9.

But no doubt, my favorite music pieces come from older games/series, such as Mother/EarthBound, the Gyromite/Stack-Up theme, the two Ice Climber songs on Wrecking Crew (still need ICies DLC), the Duck Hunt Medley, G&W themes, and then a small hint of basically every other series represented with characters in Smash.
Don't fret, people get nostalgia from all stages of their life, not just early childhood. Someday you'll probably hear smash 7's remix of smash 4's main theme and get nostalgic about your time playing it. ;)

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Least by then Melee will be dead and/or on it's last legs (no offense to anyone, it's just not my game).

Watch us still have Onett hanging around as a stage in Smash 7, lol.

Seriously, I like the EarthBound/Mother stages, but I'd really like to see more, and I think I'd die from a Twoson stage.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I just wish they'd redevelop Onett so its background has more than a few GC-rendered houses and hospitals. :p

And I really don't mind Melee being around, it's nice to know that such an old game can still have such a thriving community.

MtnDewFerret

Smash Cadet
NNID
BraydensLucario
3DS FC
3840-7274-7108
I started playing Earthbound about a week and a half ago, and I am absolutely in love with it so far. I am currently in the cave after having the chief tenda read the book of overcoming shyness to the rest of the tribe. Kind of stuck, just wandering around going in the first hole/ ladder I come across lol. Any help?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I started playing Earthbound about a week and a half ago, and I am absolutely in love with it so far. I am currently in the cave after having the chief tenda read the book of overcoming shyness to the rest of the tribe. Kind of stuck, just wandering around going in the first hole/ ladder I come across lol. Any help?
Talk to all of the Tenda tribesmen, and one of them should be able to help you move a boulder or something of the sort, iirc. ^_^

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Na, he's past that part. That cave's a complicated maze system. I think I avoided holes without ladders. Once you find a Rabbit's Foot in a present, you should be able to get to the Sanctuary Guardian from there.

Also, I've been thinking recently, what if we got the Runaway Five in Smash somehow, apart from their bus on Onett. Maybe an assist trophy that works like Barbara did in Brawl?

Last edited:

MtnDewFerret

Smash Cadet
NNID
BraydensLucario
3DS FC
3840-7274-7108
Na, he's past that part. That cave's a complicated maze system. I think I avoided holes without ladders. Once you find a Rabbit's Foot in a present, you should be able to get to the Sanctuary Guardian from there.

Also, I've been thinking recently, what if we got the Runaway Five in Smash somehow, apart from their bus on Onett. Maybe an assist trophy that works like Barbara did in Brawl?
Yeah, I am in the maze.

ilysm

sleepy
I'm putting this on both the Ness and Lucas boards so. For the longest time I've mained Ness and Lucas in every iteration of Smash I've played, because I love the MOTHER series so much and it has honestly changed me as a person and had such a huge impact on my life. But I feel like Smash also has that importance to me now and I'd like to branch out and experiment with new characters, because I feel I won't help myself grow as a player if I don't. I've tried a lot of other characters (not just in Smash 4, in all the games) and in this one I've had the most fun with and interest in Peach. I'm still going to try and play Ness and Lucas at the highest level I can, understand their ins and outs, lurk around their forums and especially social threads, and basically play them whenever I can, but competitively I'm going to switch to Peach, who is an awesome character I've really connected with in Smash 4. This is going to be of almost no consequence since I rarely ever contribute anything other than the very occasional wild conjecture/theory crafting to these boards, but I felt like I should say as much. That's all!

^_^

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Yeah, I am in the maze.
Mmm, good luck if you haven't gotten through it already. Once you collect the last two melodies, you'll enter a place that will probably be in your mind forever (you'll get the pun once you get there, unless you already know what I'm talking about). After that, you only have a few steps left until you can face off against Giygas.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So, I made the same mistake I did in my first walkthrough by going straight to Threed, and forgetting to finish up some things in Twoson. :(

Top Bottom