• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I'm kinda torturing myself by not starting on EarthBound Beginnings until I finish EarthBound. But, I'm currently in the Deep Darkness Swamps so...I don't think I've got too much longer to go, do I?
Not far, but still a ways to go. Once you reach Magicant, your adventure end is drawing near...

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
That's what I thought. Should I be at max level by the time I'm done in Magicant???

@Sanae, looks like there's bad news for both of us. There's more Territorial Oaks in the Deep Darkness swamps!!!

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Do NOT max your level before you finish Magicant. In fact, save at least 10 levels before doing it.

You'll thank me later.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Just Ness, although considering he's almost always the highest-levelled party member in the game, I'd be surprised if you could get anyone else to that point before him anyway.

But yeah, mamash agreed with Mik! You really will thank him later taking that advice.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
OK. I'll try my best to keep them under max level. By the way, what is their max level???

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Then the game plan I guess is to stop at around 89 before getting to Magicant. Ness is around level 60 right now, with the rest of my group in the low 50s. Is this about where they should be right now??? Should I be trying to level them up faster or slower at this point?

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Honestly, I beat the final areas after Magicant with Ness between 70-80 both playthroughs I did. I don't think you'll have to grind before taking on Magicant. I would grind to get Lifeup Omega before the final area, but that's it.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Its not really necessary right? I never bothered to max out Ness. He was probably level 84 when I fought Giygas. I might try to in my second play-through.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Its not really necessary right? I never bothered to max out Ness. He was probably level 84 when I fought Giygas. I might try to in my second play-through.
I guess not, but I'd rather do it just to feel like I completely finished the game, 100%. Of course...to do that...I'll need to get the Sword of Kings for Poo. Ugh...that's going to take a while. It's got a 1/128% chance of spawning...heh heh, guess I'll just have to go through 128 battles against those Starmen...

Meccs

@Meccs_
So definitely the coolest thing about the weekly yesterday was when I went to the setup for winners finals, the dude I was playing was like "Hey, Meccs! I've watched you play on stream, you're one of the best Nesses on the east coast!" I was so flattered and amazed lol

Noa.

Smash Master
So definitely the coolest thing about the weekly yesterday was when I went to the setup for winners finals, the dude I was playing was like "Hey, Meccs! I've watched you play on stream, you're one of the best Nesses on the east coast!" I was so flattered and amazed lol
I find it funny when people find out they have to play against me and then complain about getting bracket ****ed.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Not about Ness but about his brother...

Did PK Freeze always put Lucas into a helpless state when in the air in Brawl? Cause it does now...

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I find it funny when people find out they have to play against me and then complain about getting bracket ****ed.
No one knows who i am when I do rarely go to a tournament so people kind of underestimate me because of my age but i can punish and read attacks pretty well.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Yes, just like Flash
OK, thanks.

No one knows who i am when I do rarely go to a tournament so people kind of underestimate me because of my age but i can punish and read attacks pretty well.
You said it. You're really tough to beat. I'm glad that I can learn from our battles. If I ever want to go to the big tournaments, I'm gonna have to hang on to what I learn.

I'm going to try to go to a few tournaments at nearby gaming places this summer. I'll probably be using characters around the board, unless it's just not working, then I'll stick to my mains for a while. If I do get in some small tournaments, I'll let you guys know the results (even if I don't use Ness).

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
Alright guys, Sakurai just said there's gonna be several more DLC characters as fan service. I think it's fair to say as the Mother community we should do our best to get a third representative in Smash for sure. Imagine if they put Ninten and we finally have the whole squad together in one place? Jesus. Also, with the whole thing with semi-clones since Roy came back almost entirely different, it's not far off, not to mention recent public discussions about Mother Itoi and Reggie have made lately + Mother 1's localization.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Alright guys, Sakurai just said there's gonna be several more DLC characters as fan service. I think it's fair to say as the Mother community we should do our best to get a third representative in Smash for sure. Imagine if they put Ninten and we finally have the whole squad together in one place? Jesus. Also, with the whole thing with semi-clones since Roy came back almost entirely different, it's not far off, not to mention recent public discussions about Mother Itoi and Reggie have made lately + Mother 1's localization.
HE DID?!?!?! SHOW ME A LINKED SOURCE RIGHT NOW! I NEED TO GET THIS TO THE ICE CLIMBERS THREAD!!!

But ya, having Ninten in there (if they can differentiate him enough from Ness and Lucas) would be pretty cool.

Nevermind, found a Nintendo Life article that says the same thing that you did.

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Well first, we've gotta all agree on a character to vote up.

I love Ninten, and he'd be a cool addition since we'd have all 3 main boys... but I kinda want Jeff, Paula, and Flint too >.<

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
If we can't agree on Ninten, then we definately need a female Mother/EarthBound representative. My vote would be Paula.

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
I think at this point they might pick someone without PSI, that's what I'm thinking. At this point I think I would just be satisfied with Ness getting an alt with a scarf to represent Ninten lel

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I think at this point they might pick someone without PSI, that's what I'm thinking. At this point I think I would just be satisfied with Ness getting an alt with a scarf to represent Ninten lel
I would dig this.

I'd pick Jeff for non-PSI since he could have a very creative moveset. I also wanna see visualizations of his very abstract moves. Shield killer? Slime Generator? I wanna see!

I also just got another thought. A lot of people don't like Miis because they're not real characters (I actually kinda agree), but I just realized that Mii Gunner's moveset would fit perfectly over Masked Man :lick:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I would dig this.

I'd pick Jeff for non-PSI since he could have a very creative moveset. I also wanna see visualizations of his very abstract moves. Shield killer? Slime Generator? I wanna see!

I also just got another thought. A lot of people don't like Miis because they're not real characters (I actually kinda agree), but I just realized that Mii Gunner's moveset would fit perfectly over Masked Man :lick:
Shield Killer = The Jeff version of Marth and Lucina's Shield Breaker.

We've only got so many options for non-PSI users. Travis, Loid, Jeff, and Duster. That's all right?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Flint, Teddy, Masked Man, Porky, Salsa and Boney (lel)

EDIT: Masked Man uses PSI, I forgot, but he doesn't have to. He rarely uses it in game anyways.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Flint, Teddy, Masked Man, Porky, Salsa and Boney (lel)
Boney for Smash 4 DLC.

Also, quiet you. You know I don't have as much experience in the category as you! (Though I should have remembered Porky).

I also meant Teddy when I said Travis but I'm dumb so :p.

Last edited:

Tikao

Smash Ace
i realy need that ninten for smash
smash 4 is from a company named nintendo, yet the character ninten is not in it
nintendo games need more ninten ... all of them ... even mother1

on a more serious note, jeff would be pretty awesome for all the reasons Eb360 already mentioned

D

DeleteThisAcct

EarthBound / Mother needs a female rep. Paula / Ana would be a relatively easy to do as an alt for Ness / Ninten because with the exception of PK Flash, all of the specials belong to her. Replace Flash with Freeze and you're halfway there. Replace bat with frying pan (use Peach's if devs want to be extra lazy) but keep deflecting ability and then all you'd need is the model and voice acting.

However I'd be tempted to replace PSI Magnet with PSI Power Shield - which would work as a glorified deflector that perhaps would stay in effect for a bit after use instead having to be actively held.

Can also give her Pray if we want to be trolly with RNG.

Last edited by a moderator:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
EarthBound / Mother needs a female rep. Paula / Ana would be a relatively easy to do as an alt for Ness / Ninten because with the exception of PK Flash, all of the specials belong to her. Replace Flash with Freeze and you're halfway there. Replace bat with frying pan (use Peach's if devs want to be extra lazy) but keep deflecting ability and then all you'd need is the model and voice acting.

However I'd be tempted to replace PSI Magnet with PSI Power Shield - which would work as a glorified deflector that perhaps would stay in effect for a bit after use instead having to be actively held.

Can also give her Pray if we want to be trolly with RNG.
This is actually really good. Maybe it works like this?

Nuetral Special- Pray (works just like in EarthBound, giving a random effect of a select few maybe?)

Side Special- PK Fire

Up Special- PK Thunder

Down Special- PSI Magnet and/or Shield

Only thing I dunno is what would be her down and up smashes? Using a yo-yo like Ness would just be a bit stupid I think.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Hmm... If we were to get another Earthbound character, I would vote for Ninten, Ana, Paula, Kumatora, and Teddy in that order. Mother 1 needs some love.

Oh, and speaking of Mother 1, I started Earthbound Beginnings (which is Mother 1 for those who don't know) today... And nearly died to a Hippie less than 10 minutes in. Yeah, really smooth start there. Least I grinned to Level 5, but still... Haven't even got into town yet.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hmm... If we were to get another Earthbound character, I would vote for Ninten, Ana, Paula, Kumatora, and Teddy in that order. Mother 1 needs some love.

Oh, and speaking of Mother 1, I started Earthbound Beginnings (which is Mother 1 for those who don't know) today... And nearly died to a Hippie less than 10 minutes in. Yeah, really smooth start there. Least I grinned to Level 5, but still... Haven't even got into town yet.
This'll be me when I start. I heard that you don't even get to go out of your bedroom without getting attacked (by a lamp I think)!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
EB0 pulls no punches...

You think Hippies are bad? Prepare yourself for a trip to hell lol.
Well guys...I guess this is it then. You probably won't ever be hearing from me again, since I'll probably be dead after just a few battles in EarthBound Beginnings.

Thankfully, I've still gotta beat EarthBound before I do start it. Enjoy the last 1.5 months of my time being here. :p

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
EB0 pulls no punches...

You think Hippies are bad? Prepare yourself for a trip to hell lol.
That's why I've watched a good chunk of a Let's Play before starting, hence why I have a sense of foreboding since a Hippie nearly took me down. Guess I'll be making notes for Mt. Itoi, won't I?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
That's why I've watched a good chunk of a Let's Play before starting, hence why I have a sense of foreboding since a Hippie nearly took me down. Guess I'll be making notes for Mt. Itoi, won't I?
I'll have a notebook as thick as a textbook to take notes in, then before going to Mt. Itoi, I'll be studying said notes for a week straight. No breaks.

D

DeleteThisAcct

I plowed through Beginnings with only 4 or 5 game overs within the span of a week - really short and kinda half-baked til the last quarter of the game (which btw is really good character, plot, and ending wise. I felt that portion was far more satisfying than EarthBound's / Mother 2. Kinda wish it carried over since I feel like Mother 2 is just a reimagining of Mother 1 due to the similarities.). Mind you that this was a blind run too - having never played it before, as I insisted on waiting for an official release and not emulating it. I don't get why everyone says it's so hard. So much difficulty hype, and I was like, "that's it?" Maybe it's because I grew up in the NES era.

After barely surviving a battle with a hippie, I learned I had to grind rats in the basement until Level 9 or so. After that, I just fought everything the game threw at me without ever running - no need to grind at that point since the game spams battles.

Grind for cash too, you'll want those Magic Coins and Gold Rings. Also, it's hard to miss if you're a completionist who likes to explore everywhere, but keep an eye out for an item called the Onyx Hook in one of the caves. It makes life a lot easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Also, quick poll for people who have played EB0 or have gotten through at least half of it.

Who's Ana died before she could even cross her own front lawn on their first playthrough?

Me and my friend joke about this with how her father wishes her the best of luck on her grand adventure, followed by her immediate demise. Ninten would be all like "oh... well ****."

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Also, quick poll for people who have played EB0 or have gotten through at least half of it.

Who's Ana died before she could even cross her own front lawn on their first playthrough?

Me and my friend joke about this with how her father wishes her the best of luck on her grand adventure, followed by her immediate demise. Ninten would be all like "oh... well ****."
I don't know why, but I read most of the spoilers. Meh.

Anyways, that's pretty hilarious. "Good luck Ana, be safe!" *Walks out front door with Ninten, immediately goes into battle* The battle would be taking place where her dad can easily look out the window and see his brutally wounded daughter. *Ana "dies"*, Ninten walks back to town to find a hospital, but "dies" on the way. *Respawns at Ana's house* NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom