• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Helped out the Tenda Tribesman today. Also, Jeff is finally actually a good team member now!

...Do Starman Supers still spawn in the Stonehenge Base after you beat Starman Deluxe?

D

DeleteThisAcct

Also, quick poll for people who have played EB0 or have gotten through at least half of it.

Who's Ana died before she could even cross her own front lawn on their first playthrough?

Me and my friend joke about this with how her father wishes her the best of luck on her grand adventure, followed by her immediate demise. Ninten would be all like "oh... well ****."
My Ana (who I renamed as Emi - always loved that name) lived to tell the tale. That place was rough, immediately went for Defense Up Beta, Loid (who I renamed to Miles cause that's a pretty awesome nerdy name) would attack with a Laser Gun we found (until it broke... wasn't expecting that as I thought it'd be like Jeff's reusables that have infinite uses), and Ana would just keep guarding and getting like 3+ Level Ups in a row. Upon making it back to the main part of town, I was like, "Ana can't keep taking this kind of abuse, and I'm burning through my PP way too fast. Screw this, using Onyx Hook", and got her properly outfitted.

What makes it more ironic is her house looks like the churches in the game. Her dad's sprite is of that of a priest too. So is Ana a preacher's daughter? If so, surprised she didn't have Pray.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
My Ana (who I renamed as Emi - always loved that name) lived to tell the tale. That place was rough, immediately went for Defense Up Beta, Loid (who I renamed to Miles cause that's a pretty awesome nerdy name) would attack with a Laser Gun we found (until it broke... wasn't expecting that as I thought it'd be like Jeff's reusables that have infinite uses), and Ana would just keep guarding and getting like 3+ Level Ups in a row. Upon making it back to the main part of town, I was like, "Ana can't keep taking this kind of abuse, and I'm burning through my PP way too fast. Screw this, using Onyx Hook", and got her properly outfitted.

What makes it more ironic is her house looks like the churches in the game. Her dad's sprite is of that of a priest too. So is Ana a preacher's daughter? If so, surprised she didn't have Pray.
I don't know much about Mother 1, but I'm pretty sure she is.

D

Deleted member

That Lucas one looks so good. o.o

All it needs is eyebrows then it would be perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
That Lucas one looks so good. o.o

All it needs is eyebrows then it would be perfect.
You need eyebrows
...kidding hun don't hit me </3

Helped out the Tenda Tribesman today. Also, Jeff is finally actually a good team member now!

...Do Starman Supers still spawn in the Stonehenge Base after you beat Starman Deluxe?
They don't if I remembered, I remember being SUPER relieved when I beat the Starman Deluxe and coming back out lmao

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
You need eyebrows

They don't if I remembered, I remember being SUPER relieved when I beat the Starman Deluxe and coming back out lmao
Do they spawn in any other part of the game? Cause I never did get that Sword of Kings... :(

D

Deleted member

You need eyebrows

There's a time and place to joke around but this thread isn't one of them. D:

I'm kidding too <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I can imagine a good trailer for Ninten in that at the end of some other character's trailer you hear "fourth D-slip!" and then see a pair of arms and Ninten's head poking over the side of the stage.

For the record, I think Ninten would be great as a very different PSI user, although a lot of casual peeps' first thoughts would probably still be "Another Ness clone?!?" and then the rest of the trailer would play and they'd be like "oh cool!"

But yeah I think Ninten would be great with offense up as B (like Lucas' in P:M in how it charges), PK Beam as side B (borrowed from Ana, would prolly be like a single-hit thoron), 4th-D slip as upB (a longer M2 teleport) and PSI shield as downB (also a charge-based buff which reduces all incoming damage and KB and has some flinch resistance (similar to Bowser's Tough Guy effect). Basically he'd be all about the buffs. <3

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Is 4th-D slip 4th Dimension slip? Or what does it mean?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
ONce you've defeated the Starman Deluxe, the Starman Supers are gone for good, as well as your chances at Poos sword.

I think it's implied that Ana's father is supposed to be a priest.

And yes, 4th-D slip is the 4th dimensional slip move, a guaranteed escape special from EB0.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Also, quick poll for people who have played EB0 or have gotten through at least half of it.

Who's Ana died before she could even cross her own front lawn on their first playthrough?

Me and my friend joke about this with how her father wishes her the best of luck on her grand adventure, followed by her immediate demise. Ninten would be all like "oh... well ****."
Don't recall it happening to me. I do remember her dying a couple mintues later though...
I now pretty much always quickly warp to Magicant once I get Loid and Ana to go grinding and buy 'em the Magic Coin and Gold Ring.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
In regards to Ana...

I was reasonably lucky in that I got her all the way to the train station and into a much safer area before anything happened. I seem to recall Ninten knew 4th-D slip by that point in my game (I'd over-levelled Ninten significantly by that point) so thankfully Ana's dad didn't have a heartbreaking experience looking out his window.

Also I've been playing around with Lucas and I'm hoping he'll do better against Luigi and possibly even Megaman (although I wouldn't count on it :p ). That Fair is so disjointed I've had people slip in between the PSI hitbox and the leg :p

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
ONce you've defeated the Starman Deluxe, the Starman Supers are gone for good, as well as your chances at Poos sword.

I think it's implied that Ana's father is supposed to be a priest.

And yes, 4th-D slip is the 4th dimensional slip move, a guaranteed escape special from EB0.
I hate myself. Dang it...

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
At least I can still run into Uncontrollable Spheres, which have a 1/128 chance of dropping Jeff's strongest weapon (Broken Antennae converts into Gaia Beam)...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
In regards to Ana...

I was reasonably lucky in that I got her all the way to the train station and into a much safer area before anything happened. I seem to recall Ninten knew 4th-D slip by that point in my game (I'd over-levelled Ninten significantly by that point) so thankfully Ana's dad didn't have a heartbreaking experience looking out his window.

Also I've been playing around with Lucas and I'm hoping he'll do better against Luigi and possibly even Megaman (although I wouldn't count on it :p ). That Fair is so disjointed I've had people slip in between the PSI hitbox and the leg :p
I feel like with Lucas' PKF keepaway and PKT gimps, he might not have it so bad against Weegee.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I agree with keep-away, but PKT just isn't the godly gimping tool it used to be. It doesn't launch opponents far, and because of its strange properties (it happened in Brawl too - ever had a Marth or MK jump/use upB directly whilst/after being hit by PKT? Sometimes they end up at the top blastzone, other times they end up right above you) coupled with its billion years of end-lag, it can be quite unsafe too.

Although you can launch it back into yourself for safety so perhaps you're right.

Like, because of Luigi's traction I can kinda see Lucas just SH Fair-ing him and Luigi not being able to do much about it (Lucas' Fair is so disjointed it probably beats out Luigi's everything by a wide margin lol) except for spot-dodging maybe?

D

Deleted member

For those of you that have played Earthbound, is it just me or was the second Sanctuary Guardian easier to beat than the first? It took me like 4 tries for the first one but I was able to beat the second one in one try without dying. xD

MintyBreeze

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-8437-7637
Isn't that the case for a few games? On the first boss, you usually aren't overleveled, so it's a little more challenging.

D

Deleted member

I thought I was a bit overleveled for the first boss but meh. I guess I just got lucky.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
For those of you that have played Earthbound, is it just me or was the second Sanctuary Guardian easier to beat than the first? It took me like 4 tries for the first one but I was able to beat the second one in one try without dying. xD
Happened for me as well. It will happen with some of the Sanctuary Guardians where you'll be able to best them with one try. But there are a few tougher ones.

D

Deleted member

What are some of the really tough ones? So I know to be prepared.
Also, I must say Paula is such a delight~

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ugh, it's been a while. The only one I can remember is Thunder and Storm (6th Sanctuary Guardian). And, unfortunately, I won't be able to play EarthBound for another week.

I do remember the Sanctuary Guardian in Winters to be pretty easy though, mostly because you'll be overleveled for him.

And ya, Paula is a good team member to have. Makes life a lot easier.

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I agree with keep-away, but PKT just isn't the godly gimping tool it used to be. It doesn't launch opponents far, and because of its strange properties (it happened in Brawl too - ever had a Marth or MK jump/use upB directly whilst/after being hit by PKT? Sometimes they end up at the top blastzone, other times they end up right above you) coupled with its billion years of end-lag, it can be quite unsafe too.

Although you can launch it back into yourself for safety so perhaps you're right.

Like, because of Luigi's traction I can kinda see Lucas just SH Fair-ing him and Luigi not being able to do much about it (Lucas' Fair is so disjointed it probably beats out Luigi's everything by a wide margin lol) except for spot-dodging maybe?
Yeah but Luigi's recovery is so frail that if you just smack him around a bit below stage, he's screwed :p
The endlag on PKT sucks though. Why the heck did they do that? >.<

He is, especially if you abuse his weakness to paralysis.

What are some of the really tough ones? So I know to be prepared.
Also, I must say Paula is such a delight~
Only one that gave me trouble after the first two was the last one.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
The first one can be tough (he was for my friend, although I always found him reasonably easy), but I'd actually say the REALLY tough one to beat is the last one.

Seriously, I love carbon / diamond dog. You have to use a few multi-bottle rockets to beat him semi-easily iirc.

Also who can resist that face?

Adorbssssss <3

Also major shoutouts to Sanae. Akatsuki is so boss. I'm waiting for my brother to catch up on LH, I'm up to season 2 episode 8 and oh my goodness it's so much yes <3

D

Deleted member

Exactly, I used paralysis on him so that helped me out plenty.

Also thanks @ Luco Luco ! Akatsuki is best Log Horizon girl and Log Horizon is a great, underrated anime that deserves more praise. :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah I watched it right after SAO when the first two story arcs had completed (which was a little while back). It's so dang great, and definitely under-rated, although I think it will get its chance to shine like SAO did. <3

D

Deleted member

I sure hope so! I like to collect a lot of anime merchandise and I would really want some Log Horizon stuff <3
Only thing I have from that anime is a torn out picture from a magazine. c':

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
So I'm getting back into Mother 3 and I realize that I'm still stuck in Osohe Castle...

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Lol. Speaking of Mother 3, that's just like what Nintendo would do. Give us a Mother/EarthBound series game, but it's the wrong one. Granted they had it translated and EVERYBODY is happy for it, but it still amuses me.

Hey, I've got a random question for everybody. Which Mother/EarthBound series item (in Smash) is better? Franklin Badge or Mr. Saturn??? And with that, what would everyone want as a NEW Mother/EarthBound series item?

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Hey, I've got a random question for everybody. Which Mother/EarthBound series item (in Smash) is better? Franklin Badge or Mr. Saturn??? And with that, what would everyone want as a NEW Mother/EarthBound series item?
That's tough... Mr. Saturn pretty much completely negates shields outside perfect shields lest you want to take massive damage, while the Franklin Badge negates any projectile, forcing zoners into close-combat, which often they are not as good as others. However, the Franklin Badge is limited time while Mr. Saturn lasts a lot longer (unless it is thrown over the edge or something). I'd say it would be matchup-specific, but if you're asking in general, then the Mr. Saturn because in some matchups the Franklin Badge is completely useless.

A new item, um... I don't know.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
That's tough... Mr. Saturn pretty much completely negates shields outside perfect shields lest you want to take massive damage, while the Franklin Badge negates any projectile, forcing zoners into close-combat, which often they are not as good as others. However, the Franklin Badge is limited time while Mr. Saturn lasts a lot longer (unless it is thrown over the edge or something). I'd say it would be matchup-specific, but if you're asking in general, then the Mr. Saturn because in some matchups the Franklin Badge is completely useless.

A new item, um... I don't know.
Lol, all I can think of is Bottle Rockets, but seeing as how they're already with Jeff as an Assist Trophy...hmmmm...

Oh ya! I just remembered! @Sanae, the 5th Sanctuary Guardian (Plague Rat of Doom in the Fourside Sewers) DOES have a lot of guts, he can survive a long time. Use Bottle Rockets and Big Bottle Rockets (he has other weaknesses but I'm not gonna spoil everything). They come in handy. Also, best to avoid all enemies in those sewers. They're pretty tough.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I would like to see more assist trophies from Earthboud/Mother. Adding the Starman was an awesome choice.

Well, I keep dying to Mr.Passion... Any advice on how to beat him?

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I would like to see more assist trophies from Earthboud/Mother. Adding the Starman was an awesome choice.

Well, I keep dying to Mr.Passion... Any advice on how to beat him?

Lower his attack a lot. It'll help you survive his "everything but the kitchen sink" attack.
Smoke bomb makes him cry, VERY helpful.
Stock up on Nut Bread provided by those barrel things (I think)

I want the Heavy Bazooka as an item. Seriously, **** yeah.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I love franklin badge, mainly because I can run in on projectile happy characters and force them into an uncomfortable space. Mr Saturn is great and all but at the end of the day you can roll around it or spot-dodge, and if you do get hit by it out of shield then the worst that will happen is an aerial followup (on the ground throwing it takes too long for a decent followup I think?) which is good and all but plenty of characters can do that tbh.

Top Bottom