• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Hey everyone. Whose's your favorite Mother character besides Ninten, Ness, and Lucas?
Whaaaaaaat ? Nobody talked about Flint, Lucas' awesome father ?
Well yes, he is the one I prefer ( Ships puts Paula right behind:sheep:). He's the only character to appear at the beginning and at the end of your journey , like Porky, but he's on the good side and kept on searching Claus until the end of the game. That guy is just way to awesome. Oh, and he's a western's cowboy !

Last edited:

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling Ness may end up being low high tier in this game.
That would be the day. But he does appear better than his other literations in the series, so he's got that going for him.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Aside from the protagonists, I tend to like the non-PSI users the most; I'd say either Loid or Duster's my favorite.

tyrannosaurusrik

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3196-4352-0712
I will play the duck out of Ness! I plan on unlocking him first via VS matches, try getting Falco by completing Classic mode to get as many costume moves there, then just practicing Ness and unlocking the rest of the cast then.

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
So a few days ago FOW's Ness beat ZeRo and Nairo in first to 10s. Tt can be seen from FOW's games with Nairo that Lucario might be difficult. Hopefully FOW makes the first to 10s highlights.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Going to jump in here. I love Mother a lot. I was trying to do a run of EB before SSB4 (it's the only one I haven't gotten far in yet), but school is holding me back.

On the topic of other Mother characters, aside from Lucas's return... Well, it's sadly a small series, so even that would be great, but in a perfect world:
Jeff: He's already an assist trophy, and his gadgets would set him apart from the PSI boys easily.
Duster: His thief tools would be a blast to turn into a moveset. Too bad Lucas took Rope Snake.
Masked Man: While they could go the clone route since he uses PSI too, it'd be neat to see him specifically focus on lightning PSI, plus incorporate his buster, sword moves, and wings.
Porky: In his EB form, since that would be more manageable. His older form was already a boss, and he's a rare Mother character to be in 2 games, so why not? He could be another heavyweight character, though I guess :4bowserjr: beat him to the punch of being our first mech user.
Giygas: Again, he was in 2 Mother games. His Mother 1 form would be the obvious choice, since how would you make his EB form playable? It'd also give us some more Mother representation.
New Age Retro Hippie: Because it'd be hilarious.

As a side note, what stages would everyone ideally love to see either in the Wii U version or future Smash games? I already got my two wishes (NPC and Magicant), but I'd love to see a stage based off the end of EB. Imagine Giygas as a boss.:reverse: Others I could see are Osohe Castle, Saturn Valley (it was in two games- if they don't just bring back Onett, it could be our Wii U stage), Moonside, and Threed (with zombies!).

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Onett has suburbs? I thought it would be considered a suburb of fourside or something (along with twoson/threed).

Whatever!

I'm currently on the slowest ever playthrough of mother 3. I started 3 years ago, restarted again at the beginning of the summer, and am not even past the part for salsa. I'm really bad at finishing games >.>

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Sup? Ness main from 64 and partly used in Melee/Brawl. I'm hoping he will return to his former glory since I'm giving him another shot again

As long as Fourside's music returns, I'm all good. It's too good of a piece to not put back in

Shaymikyu

I'm in the same boat with EB. Tried to beat it once a couple of years ago, never got past Onett, tried again this year and school is keeping me from it. I will say it gets much better once the ball gets rolling, though. I just got Paula and she is just the cutest thing. She might be right up there with Lucas as one of my favorite Mother characters, actually. If we ever got DLC alts for Ness, she and Lucas are my top choices. Or even as separate clones of him (though I'd rather have some new movesets for Mother, like Jeff or Duster or Porky).

EDIT: On the topic of music- that Magicant remix in the new game made me tear up a bit, I won't lie. It and Smashing Song of Praise/Unfounded Revenge are my two favorite Mother Smash remixes.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I just want to say, Ness was my first Smash character ever. Heck, he was my first Nintendo character. Melee was my first Nintendo game, and when I got it, I didn't know anyone. I just looked at Ness and thought “Hey. He looks cool.” So I used him, and he was amazing. To this day, Ness is still a special character to me.

Techno Hunter

Smash Cadet
Mother 2 would be my favorite

it is literally older than me and never got released in europe (where i live), but it's the best game i played so far and my favorite
after that mother 3

mother 1 is awesome, but gameplay wise just too frustrating for me, i probadly just suck, but everyone who played that game will understand me xD
a chance of a undodgeable miniboss-like battle every 2 steps, which is no problem if you just grind for hours, over and over again
some regular enemies in this game are just waaay too strong for me :C
Mother 2( AKA Earthbound) is actually on the Wii U Eshop... yes, even on Eshop Europe

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Mine is Earthbound! Strong memories of me discovering that game as a kid still happily hover in my mind. The music, colorful graphics, present timed theme. So good.

I've played as Earthbound characters in Smash literally forever. All my friends know me as Ness and either fear him or enjoy the challenge. My new main may be Mega Man because he was my first love, but Ness will definitely be a strong alt. I love me my Ness. :)

tyrannosaurusrik

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3196-4352-0712
I love mash-up songs on every level, including medleys. And the Mother/EarthBound series has some good ones now! The Unfounded Revenge / Smashing Song of Praise and the Magicant / Eight Melodies mash-ups are amazing. I do hope they add more of them, like a Mr. Saturn medley, Mambo de Battle / And El Mariachi, or even cross game ones like New Age Retro Hippie / Rock and Roll, or a Threed / Zombeat combination. I am just excited to see what they do with the music in Super Smash Bros for Wii U.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I really hope we get at least one Mr. Saturn remix. Saturn Valley from EarthBound is preferred, but the one from Mother 3 would be nice too.

Mother fans can't be choosers.

Hong

The Strongest
Fourside from Melee is the most impressive, because it incorporates not one, not two, but four songs.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Fourside's Theme was missed in Brawl... hopefully Sakurai brings it back for the Wii U version of Smash.

Shaymikyu

Fourside from Melee is the most impressive, because it incorporates not one, not two, but four songs.

Now that I've actually played a bit of it, I still think that, out of all the SSB Mother remixes, this one captures EarthBound specifically the best. I'd say the new Magicant theme captures Mother 1 the best (or maybe Mother 2/Pollyanna, but I'm still leaning towards Magicant). Not sure on Mother 3- probably Mother 3 Love Theme or the Unfounded Revenge medley.

tyrannosaurusrik

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3196-4352-0712
The Fourside (Melee) version of the song could work really well in Magicant. I hope Sakurai does add it in SSBWU

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
To everyone that's been waiting for the game (and are just getting it this evening), I hope you have a fun time and enjoy using the little PK kid! I have to wait for it (can't afford it; gotta save up for my wedding), so give me lots of details and footage to keep me in the loop!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
>implying these boards will be spared from my worthless posts

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Ness totally embarrassed himself in my battle to unlock him. Never touched him but he just SDed.

If I didn't already love the guy I wouldn't have been excited. :p

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I will play the duck out of Ness! I plan on unlocking him first via VS matches, try getting Falco by completing Classic mode to get as many costume moves there, then just practicing Ness and unlocking the rest of the cast then.
Do we share minds or something? That's exactly what I am going to do once I get the game.

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
I actually already got my first rage quit with Ness, He is definitely good.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I was dedede when prompted to unlock ness, first thing I did was attempt to chaingrab, long story short I SDed

Shaymikyu

I plan on doing the Vs. Mode method of unlocking (at least until I get bored and impatient), so Ness should be my first unlock this evening.:ness: I'm hoping to get up to at least Lucina tonight.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I'm getting the game later today, and I'm looking forward to play as Ness! Well, if I'm lucky. I haven't looked up at all how to unlock any characters. I think I'll try getting Ness first then unlock everyone else (using Ness, of course).

Also, a few days ago I moved into college and my entire hall and I were taking a group photo for stuff. The guy who was taking our photo said, "Say 'fuzzy pickles!'" when he took the last picture.
I didn't know how to react, but I'm pretty sure it was an intentional reference.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Onett is back!

Also, just unlocked Ness. He was pretty easy to beat, but he's still a blast to play as.

ilysm

sleepy
It's great Onett is back! I hope the Wii U version has a new stage from the Mother series, though. Onett is pretty rad but Magicant was also cool, and it would be nice to see something new.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Oh hey, Timmy here!

So, I don't think many of you remember me cause of these silly numbers on my username and now that you see a furry as my avatar, but my heart will still be dedicated to Ness. <3

Although I don't own a 3DS (I'm actually borrowing one from a friend but it's not like I'll be buying the game for him lol) nor a Wii U, but hopefully I'll be getting a Wii U for either Christmas or my birthday (January 29th).
Gonna be representing Ness in Canada though... And representing my youth! ;D

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Yo, I legit almost cried when I played on magicant the first time

Mother 1 is a game very dear to my heart

Top Bottom