• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
*Joins on July 1st*

Dang it, Nintendo! By the way, when is E3? They'll probably announce his join date then or anytime from now till then.
June 16 is Ninty's E3 Nintendo Direct and the next 2 days they'll show gameplay footage of new games and announce games they couldn't on the Direct

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
My, it's been a while...

Everyone ready for E3... And maybe some special MOTHER surprises?

ilysm

sleepy
More than ready. I can't wait!

edit: on the more down-to-earth side, the fact that last year nintendo made a joke about a person bringing up mom 3 and reggie proceeding to burn him alive doesn't bode well for us i think maybe

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
If they can give me my ICies back as DLC or bring back Wolf, I'll be happy (though I'll be more satisfied with ICies). If they announce some Mother/EarthBound stuff, I'm cool with that too. But due to my only reference points to the series being Ness and Lucas in Brawl and soon both in Smash 4, any Mother/EarthBound stuff will probably be more of a bonus. But if they can make it look good, I'll probably consider whatever it is they give us.

Last edited:

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Wolf is actually likely since Star Fox Wii U is coming out this year.

Also sorry guys, I like stopped living for a while...

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Wolf is actually likely since Star Fox Wii U is coming out this year.

Also sorry guys, I like stopped living for a while...
ICies come first in my world. Always. R.O.B., G&W, Greninja, ICies, Killager, and Ness. Always the forerunners.

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
My girlfriend is getting me a Ness amiibo, I'm way too lucky since I can't even drive anywhere to get one in the first place, as if they had any at my local GameStop anyway. How many of you guys have your Ness yet if you planned on getting it?

D

Deleted member

My girlfriend is getting me a Ness amiibo, I'm way too lucky since I can't even drive anywhere to get one in the first place, as if they had any at my local GameStop anyway. How many of you guys have your Ness yet if you planned on getting it?
You're welcome :3

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh by the way Earthbound360 got mentioned in the competitive impressions thread for upsetting against DunnoBro, a super notable DHD main. So, awesome job! :D

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Plan on going to try to get one today or tomorrow. Hopefully they'll have one available. I've got a $25 gift card to Meijer (doubt they'll have one) and I've got enough cash to go to GameStop for one.

AwkwardNess

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
I'm hoping to preorder one of the restocks today. PlayAsia should have preorders for Ness, as well as a lot more characters up at 10 PM CST, if anyone's curious.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
So I was playing with some friends last night, and...

Has anyone else tried a Bair or Uair if your opponent techs a stage spike (after you PKT2 or Nair into it)? I find that it's been working out well for me there. Also, I have more support on the Fox MU (like the D-Throw follow-ups)...

...But my phone can't be used cause the damn thing won't charge so I can't record anything for a while. :c
(You'd get a better idea if you could see what I'm speaking of lol)

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So I was playing with some friends last night, and...

Has anyone else tried a Bair or Uair if your opponent techs a stage spike (after you PKT2 or Nair into it)? I find that it's been working out well for me there. Also, I have more support on the Fox MU (like the D-Throw follow-ups)...

...But my phone can't be used cause the damn thing won't charge so I can't record anything for a while. :c
(You'd get a better idea if you could see what I'm speaking of lol)
Lol! Hope to see those videos soon then.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
So, not sure if anyone already knows it, but M4 got delayed and the guys making it need some help to sped things up.
Just thought I'd let anyone not lurking their reddit know that it won't come out for June, anyway.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Oh by the way Earthbound360 got mentioned in the competitive impressions thread for upsetting against DunnoBro, a super notable DHD main. So, awesome job! :D
Lol oh wow thanks man. It was a pretty hype set on stream the other day, though I SD'd twice >_>

As much as I respect Dunnobro as a player, I don't see why this is such a huge upset. I usually beat him in tournament lol. He's one spot higher than me on the PR.

Also, I had some guy come up to me and tell me he was a fan, then asked to sign his Ness amiibo for him. Something about that just makes me happy :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Lol oh wow thanks man. It was a pretty hype set on stream the other day, though I SD'd twice >_>

As much as I respect Dunnobro as a player, I don't see why this is such a huge upset. I usually beat him in tournament lol. He's one spot higher than me on the PR.

Also, I had some guy come up to me and tell me he was a fan, then asked to sign his Ness amiibo for him. Something about that just makes me happy :p
I think he's known more for his customs DHD than his regular DHD so that may be why, but I also think a lot of the outside scene doesn't know you that well / or if they do, didn't connect 'Mik!' to you. :p

Also weeeee pink name! :p

And so much sadness on M4. I wish I could contribute, but I feel my experience at this point might not be good enough *sadness*

Still, good luck to them!

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

Geez. That must be pretty awesome. I've gotta make my way to the big times fast...I need to be in small tournaments this summer. Next year I'll go for one or two of the big ones, maybe just for friendlies though...

AwkwardNess

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
Signing an amiibo must feel pretty legit.
I ended up snagging a Japanese Ness amiibo yesterday for $29, should arrive about mid-July.
And I'm really sad about Mother 4 being delayed. However, I do understand that the team wants this to be a definitive "entry" in the Mother series, and I'm so looking forward to it! I really wish I could contribute, but I don't know a thing about programming or sprite design... :sick::sick::sick:

Manbeartigerphoenix

Smash Apprentice
I'll always be a Simna Ibn Sind fanboy, still the most impressive melee Ness I've ever seen (though to be fair there aren't many out there).

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Whatever happened to Simna anyways?

And thanks @ Luco Luco . I've been considering changing my name on Smashboards to Mikman360, but ehh... that's money :p

And curses at M4 getting delayed... again. It's gotta release eventually, right? >.<

AwkwardNess

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
@ Earthbound360 Earthbound360 Mother 4's been delayed a lot, but I didn't really expect it to get delayed again...
We might still get in 2015, but the team's really passionate about the game, and it might be approaching the point of being in polishing limbo...

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Lucas confirmed for June 14th.
Also the 14th is a sunday. I will be waiting there at 11am to buy him.
Also the Duster alt tho.
That will be the only alt I will play as.

Last edited:

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
all of Lucas's outfits are awesome in this game, I'm not sure which one I'll pick the most. I might just pick a different one each time, I love all of them to death

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ness will stay over Lucas, but I'm definitely going to spend about an hour playing as him upon release to get the hang of him again, as he does play a bit differently than Ness.

Just checked the site, and I'm pretty happy to see that I'll be able to buy him the day he comes out since I have enough money left on my eShop card.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I've co mained them in every Smash game, and nothing's gonna change with this one! I love the Duster and Drago altar. Those are sweet.
Please describe to me which Lucas alt. represents what.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm gonna miss half of the Ness boards on Lucas' release... :(
Ya kidding!? I'll be co-maining them like I did in Brawl, so don't expect any less activity from me! :grin:

On a separate note, I found a competitive smash scene in Israel! I'm so happy! I get to practice for when I get back to Australia. :D

Last edited:

ilysm

sleepy
@ ROBnWatch ROBnWatch A Drago is a creature in MOTHER 3 that's basically a dinosaur. So the purple one with the lizard sprite on the front is the Drago alt. The blue/white stripes with the brown hair is based off of Duster, a party member in the game. Boney alt is the green shirt with the doggy on the front. Masked Man alt is the black/grey/orange one. Claus is the ginger one, it's based off of Lucas's brother. The rest are just colors.

Top Bottom