• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Paula for Smash pls :<
This just sparked a random question in my head for the Ness boards.

If we were to get another Mother rep, who would you guys want?

I personally would want Flint, just because we need a true hardcore badass in the game. I have a lot of close runner ups, but I just really like Flint :p

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
I don't frequent any other character board really but it seems like Ness gets a disproportionate amount of whiners in relation to how good of a character he is.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I don't frequent any other character board really but it seems like Ness gets a disproportionate amount of whiners in relation to how good of a character he is.
ohhhhhhh back throw killing people at 30% ohhhhhhh grab range half the length of FD unable to be DI'd kill move ohhhhhhhhh skilllllll ohhhhhh

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I would root for Ana. We already have representatives for the other two games, so we might as well introduce someone from the original Mother. Plus, she is the only playable character with PK Beam :p

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I would root for Ana. We already have representatives for the other two games, so we might as well introduce someone from the original Mother. Plus, she is the only playable character with PK Beam :p
Would make sense. But why Ana over Ninten, unless just for more female representation and Ninten being an alt. for Ness.

i just realised EB360's avatar was paula.
Don't worry. The entire time I've been debating whether it was Paula or Ana.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
ohhhhhhh back throw killing people at 30% ohhhhhhh grab range half the length of FD unable to be DI'd kill move ohhhhhhhhh skilllllll ohhhhhh
help a big scary queenslander is following me into the ness social

edit: get back to working on qldsmash or ill tell mytus on you

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
If Mother were to get another character, I would want Ninten. He is the main protagonist from the first game, and I would imagine some creative things can be done with his support PSI and his 4th D-Slip.

Pretty much every Smash player of my school's video game club think Ness is OP, even though a Rosalina at club has a better win-loss ratio. (He doesn't use Rosalina every time, but I don't use Ness every time either)

Awakining

Smash Apprentice

I personally would want Flint, just because we need a true hardcore badass in the game. I have a lot of close runner ups, but I just really like Flint :p
Porky :p.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
If Mother were to get another character, I would want Ninten. He is the main protagonist from the first game, and I would imagine some creative things can be done with his support PSI and his 4th D-Slip.

Pretty much every Smash player of my school's video game club think Ness is OP, even though a Rosalina at club has a better win-loss ratio. (He doesn't use Rosalina every time, but I don't use Ness every time either)
No surprise YOU want Ninten...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
i just realised EB360's avatar was paula.
Lol, who did you think it was?

It's cuz Ness is a hardcore scrub killa. His favorite drink is salty tears.
Sometimes I really wish Wii U online had a legitimate messaging system. That'd make FG worth playing every now and then.

Manbeartigerphoenix

Smash Apprentice
I don't even want to imagine all the hate messages I would have gotten if a messaging system existed for FG.

I've had people edit their game tags to talk s*** to me before, so I know they'd have sent a message too if they could.

Last edited:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Sometimes I like to go on For Glory teams and spam PK Fire and PK Thunder2
There was one time were I got teamed up with another Ness and we both spammed PK Fire and PK Thunder2 lol it was amazing

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
There was one time were I got teamed up with another Ness and we both spammed PK Fire and PK Thunder2 lol it was amazing
That's the kind of stuff that gets you on people's hit lists ;)

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759

I would really would want Ninten, but Flint would be better. (this is coming from a Mother fan)
Would make sense. But why Ana over Ninten, unless just for more female representation and Ninten being an alt. for Ness.
Maybe...a Robin/Chrom thing? Ninten and Loid are Ana's FS. :love:

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Btw guys, random question about Ness that I never really thought about. Is our air dodge... above average?

Like, it sounds kinda stilly at first, but the more I play people, the more the attribute their losses to Ness air dodge (well, and bthrow lol). They say that I can act so quickly out of it' and it's hard to hit Ness even if they have the read. And I'm not talking scrubs that are saying this here, I'm talking players like Tantalus, JDawg, GimR, and another really good Bowser friend of mine (who got pretty darn salty over it lol). They all at some point have mentioned how Ness' air dodge is crazy.

I mean admittedly, I've been air dodging a lot because I feel like it's so low risk. But I never thought it to be any better than other air dodges. Are these guys all just delusional or is something actually special here?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I would really would want Ninten, but Flint would be better. (this is coming from a Mother fan)

Maybe...a Robin/Chrom thing? Ninten and Loid are Ana's FS. :love:
I'd be alright with that. Any further idea for that as to what PSI attacks Ninten and Ana would use, while Loid does (blank)?

Btw guys, random question about Ness that I never really thought about. Is our air dodge... above average?

Like, it sounds kinda stilly at first, but the more I play people, the more the attribute their losses to Ness air dodge (well, and bthrow lol). They say that I can act so quickly out of it' and it's hard to hit Ness even if they have the read. And I'm not talking scrubs that are saying this here, I'm talking players like Tantalus, JDawg, GimR, and another really good Bowser friend of mine (who got pretty darn salty over it lol). They all at some point have mentioned how Ness' air dodge is crazy.

I mean admittedly, I've been air dodging a lot because I feel like it's so low risk. But I never thought it to be any better than other air dodges. Are these guys all just delusional or is something actually special here?
I...think it might be, but I don't go too far down into all that stuff. But yes, I think it may have some priority over other air dodges. I think it is a bit safer than others too...

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
It's when I find people like that that I like to either go Rosa, Falco or Toon and either take away that recovery, reflect the spam or spam my own stuff that Ness' can't absorb <3. Also countering PKT2 with Ike is glorious.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1

Air-dodge frame data for the whole cast so far is here. Ness is tied with 14 other characters for second slowest air-dodge in terms of how quickly he can act out of it (33 frames), but tied with 19 others for the most amount of intangibility frames (25, in his case from frames 3 to 28). Admittedly I haven't watched many of your matches, so I don't know if there are any specific situations in which you're finding air-dodging to be particularly effective. Considering Ness' below-average max air speed and fall speed, it's entirely possible you're just good at timing it, or your opponents are bad at punishing it. :p

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Air-dodge frame data for the whole cast so far is here. Ness is tied with 14 other characters for second slowest air-dodge in terms of how quickly he can act out of it (33 frames), but tied with 19 others for the most amount of intangibility frames (25, in his case from frames 3 to 28). Admittedly I haven't watched many of your matches, so I don't know if there are any specific situations in which you're finding air-dodging to be particularly effective. Considering Ness' below-average max air speed and fall speed, it's entirely possible you're just good at timing it, or your opponents are bad at punishing it. :p
Lol thanks for that man. Now I can put this myth that "Mik! only wins cuz air dodge" to rest XD

Also there's this match, where TKBreezy and JDawg literally talked about how good Ness' air dodge was, or how they felt it was (1:35).

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Itoi retweeted this.
The person's office has 3 Ness amiibo...I wish I had a Ness amiibo. ;_;

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Beat the Dept. Store Spook. Went to Moonside. No, I won't be there for too long... (in Moonside speak).

This'll take forever... (in actual talk)

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I just really hope Ness doesn't get nerfed in some way. :/
He's not more deserving than people like Sheik, Sonic, and (still) Diddy, so I think he's safe-ish for now. He's good, but not stupid good.

But we should keep him on the down low. Downplay him, make him sound like he's not that great, and maybe Nintendo will ignore him ;)

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
OI THAT'S MY JOB! :mad:

I love how I've trained with wave for like 2 and a half years now but never met him in person. It's like my relationship with BC/Karnu (who I even have added on FB) :D
wifi warriors are scary

(wave was eliminated by one on sunday it was incredible)

Top Bottom