• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
i feel like pkflash as useless as it seems can actually be useful in 1v1
i mean its probably fantasy but ive almost pk flashed some people several times.....almost

i cant be the only one can i ;_;
I actually may have discovered a small tech that utilizes PK Flash. I've considered saying something about, but as of now it's almost entirely worthless, haha, and I'd prefer it to be good for something first.

Last edited:

Qoo

Smash Rookie
NNID
salvaheck
3DS FC
0275-7958-0610
I actually may have discovered a small tech that utilizes PK Flash. I've considered saying something about, but as of now it's almost entirely worthless, haha, and I'd prefer it to be good for something first.
uuu what does it consist of

incidentally ive used uncharged pkflash by mistake a couple times to punish rolls and surprisingly it has hit
tho idk if the reward of punishing rolls with pkflash is worth the risk

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I've found that uncharged PK Flash forces an AD if the person is descending above you (to be fair, why should they ever be doing that?), meaning landing lag on the ground which gives us a massive frame advantage.

It's ludicrously niche, but it's come in handy for me a few times when it's happened. :p

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
uuu what does it consist of

incidentally ive used uncharged pkflash by mistake a couple times to punish rolls and surprisingly it has hit
tho idk if the reward of punishing rolls with pkflash is worth the risk
In a nutshell it functions as a kind of wavedash, of sorts. I don't know, if people want it I can make a thread on it (either reply with your support or like this post, please, if you do), but the end lag means it isn't functionally useful too much as of now.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hey guys, I dunno why but I always seem to have trouble in the Ness vs. Olimar matchup. Any tips?

I may also have an upcoming question about EarthBound, assuming I get time to play it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I was about to post another video, but it's old and double posting is not exactly allowed. I think there's a part where I'm allowed to post on the same thread again after a certain time, but I'll just keep it safe and post it here. The following is not TAS.

@ Waael Waael can we get that in our combo vid? Lol

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Thanks.

Alright, back to EarthBound. Just got a Diamond from that guy in the mine, and that's where I left off. What do I do next?

Figured it out...back to grinding. I hate that Fourside Department Store...
The Fourside department store is literally like, one of the creepiest things ever. @.@

But there is a nice reference to Mother 1 in there. :3

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
The Fourside department store is literally like, one of the creepiest things ever. @.@

But there is a nice reference to Mother 1 in there. :3
The little kid that looks like Ninten and wants to work for APE?

I'm really upset I can't get up an escalator without a greeting party of 5 walking presents.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
The little kid that looks like Ninten and wants to work for APE?

I'm really upset I can't get up an escalator without a greeting party of 5 walking presents.
Once you get to the top of the building you'll see. <3 But it might not be obvious, so let me know when you're done there and I'll tell you. :3

Some elevators get you 5 of them. I got lucky and was usually able to reset it to 1 or 2 at each given floor.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Once you get to the top of the building you'll see. <3 But it might not be obvious, so let me know when you're done there and I'll tell you. :3

Some elevators get you 5 of them. I got lucky and was usually able to reset it to 1 or 2 at each given floor.
How? You can't go down the up escalator and the enemies are right there when you get up!!!

...Wait there are elevators too???

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
How? You can't go down the up escalator and the enemies are right there when you get up!!!

...Wait there are elevators too???
Ah soz I meant escalators. Sometimes when you go up them, the enemies aren't packed right against the escalators so you can go down the other one and have a chance at resetting it.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
The Fourside Dept. Store is like... the hardest part of the game.

Seriously, why are the enemies in there so dang overleveled for where you'd be in the game? Lol.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh that's strange, I didn't find the enemies overpowering, just annoying. If anything Moonside was scarier for me hahaha. Maybe I was oveleveled by the time I got there. :laugh:

But I think it's scary purely by virtue of Paula not being there. Jeff only really gets powerful later, so you feel like your biggest DPS has just been cut off and you feel way more fragile than usual. @.@

Noa.

Smash Master
So I think tonight I'm going to start testing dthrow combos in depth. I wanna what is guaranteed at different percents. I wanna know how rage affects things. And I really want to test DI but that could prove somewhat difficult. :V

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
So I think tonight I'm going to start testing dthrow combos in depth. I wanna what is guaranteed at different percents. I wanna know how rage affects things. And I really want to test DI but that could prove somewhat difficult. :V
Let me know if there's anything I can do! I've only got 3DS but if I can do anything at all, I'd be glad to help. ^_^

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Oh that's strange, I didn't find the enemies overpowering, just annoying. If anything Moonside was scarier for me hahaha. Maybe I was oveleveled by the time I got there. :laugh:

But I think it's scary purely by virtue of Paula not being there. Jeff only really gets powerful later, so you feel like your biggest DPS has just been cut off and you feel way more fragile than usual. @.@
I actualyl don't think it's Paula's absence that makes it hard. She's frail anyways, but even Ness and Jeff get nearly one-shotted at that point. It's nto hard to kill the enemies, just survive them lol.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ah soz I meant escalators. Sometimes when you go up them, the enemies aren't packed right against the escalators so you can go down the other one and have a chance at resetting it.
I actualyl don't think it's Paula's absence that makes it hard. She's frail anyways, but even Ness and Jeff get nearly one-shotted at that point. It's nto hard to kill the enemies, just survive them lol.
My characters (including the now missing Paula) range from levels around 30-41. Is that good, or should I go back and fight some more to level up???

I don't think I'm looking forward to Moonside though...dunno why, but I've got a feeling I'm going to be trudging back and forth between there and Fourside, and I'll probably be there longer than I should. I'll just have to wait and see.

On the bright side I might finally get some decent time off from school to play.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
If I can help, I have some data on a few different throw combos, though it was all done in Training Mode, so no Rage or DI like you wanted to test. Want me to PM them to you for reference if nothing else? I had looked into these combos to see how Ness can rack up more damage than with simple F-air strings, including a couple ways to lead into potential re-grabs at low percents.

Noa.

Smash Master
If I can help, I have some data on a few different throw combos, though it was all done in Training Mode, so no Rage or DI like you wanted to test. Want me to PM them to you for reference if nothing else? I had looked into these combos to see how Ness can rack up more damage than with simple F-air strings, including a couple ways to lead into potential re-grabs at low percents.
Yes that would be awesome.

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
Hey guys, today was my last day in school as a 11th grade student and almost the whole day I listened to this from the EB OST:

How many people did I make proud?

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I remember listening to VGM after finishing my high school exams for the last time, going home and just being like :')

Also @ Noa. Noa. You should change your title ("smash master" atm) while you have the opportunity as a premium user! :3

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I remember not getting out of high school yet, as this is my first year...but I've been listening to EarthBound throughout almost the entire year.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
i remember my first two years of high school
Duuuuuuude I remember how crazy years 7 and 8 were. Like, seriously, I was always an insanely good student, but in year 8 I got away without doing 2 assessment tasks (Agriculture and science/baking bread, although the former wasn't really my fault because we did the assessment in pairs) and barely did a 3rd one (art) and got almost no marks for it because it was massive.

Thankfully that was the only year I really cracked on. The rest I was either coasting along reasonably well or, especially in years 11 and 12, I was trying to improve myself more than anything.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
i wish we had food tech at my high school.
due to gender stereotypes, probably, we got design & tech and the girls' school next door got food tech ;_;

luco did you go to a local high school or a selective one?

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
i wish we had food tech at my high school.
due to gender stereotypes, probably, we got design & tech and the girls' school next door got food tech ;_;

luco did you go to a local high school or a selective one?
I went to a local high school, although I was always given the option to go to a selective school (there were a few on the central coast, also later on I think Manly could have been an option) I preferred where I was, Pittwater was a fantastic school, I had a lot of fun there.

Back in like, years 7 and 8, our tech classes were swapped around at random, some of us began with industrial tech, others with graphics and design, others with food tech, others with woodwork, others with textiles and so on and then we kinda got rotated around every half year or so. Later on, we could choose any of them that we liked, and most people who were doing food tech also went on to do hospitality.

I really enjoyed food tech and would have loved hospitality I bet, but I was busy with other subjects so I let our years' resident chefs take the course instead. :laugh:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
aww. local high schools get all the fun subjects.
we just get academic subjects, pdhpe and arts.
The good news is you can do English ext 2 and enjoy a cup of tea and biscuits every time you have the class maybe. Even in ext 1 English we had a tradition of getting one or two people every week to spend a little under $20 dollars so we could snack on biscuits, fruit, chocolate and soft drinks while we had our Tuesday final period class. :grin:

Last edited:

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I don't mean to buffalo myself in or invite myself to this, but this all seems interesting to me, so may I request a copy of the list?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh also, I'm actually getting one of my flatmates to play through Earthbound. She just got Giant Step's melody and breezed through the Onett police task force, and I'm really excited for her to go to Twoson. She said she's enjoying it and especially loved getting the first melody. I can't wait for her to get to Paula and not worry about grinding with Ness. Also I loved her reaction to PSI rockin for the first time (we named it after one of our other flatmates but it's still pretty awesome). :D

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Is PSI Rockin one of the things you can enter when it asks for your favorite thing at the start of the game??? Or is it an actual move that is programmed into the game???

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Is PSI Rockin one of the things you can enter when it asks for your favorite thing at the start of the game??? Or is it an actual move that is programmed into the game???
It's the 'favourite thing', so yep it's something that you're asked at the beginning of the game. :laugh:

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
Oh also, I'm actually getting one of my flatmates to play through Earthbound. She just got Giant Step's melody and breezed through the Onett police task force, and I'm really excited for her to go to Twoson. She said she's enjoying it and especially loved getting the first melody. I can't wait for her to get to Paula and not worry about grinding with Ness. Also I loved her reaction to PSI rockin for the first time (we named it after one of our other flatmates but it's still pretty awesome). :D
Ha, that's awesome. I'm currently getting my girlfriend to start playing Earthbound on PC, just scared she'll stop playing because I'm not sure if she likes RPG's too much

Top Bottom