• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Guys, in Fourside I keep hearing a beeping sound, something like "Bee-de-doop" that goes for about 1 second, then it doesn't go off again until another 10-15 seconds. Is it trying to remind me to do something or what???

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Guys, in Fourside I keep hearing a beeping sound, something like "Bee-de-doop" that goes for about 1 second, then it doesn't go off again until another 10-15 seconds. Is it trying to remind me to do something or what???
Could it possibly be the phone ?
The game makes Ness' dad call you if you play for too long :-p

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Could it possibly be the phone ?
The game makes Ness' dad call you if you play for too long :-p
I don't think so, a text box for when he would call isn't popping up, since he has called me mid-game before. Anything else it could be?

Ya, just called Ness' dad on a phone, and the noise won't stop.

It started when I went to the cafe in Fourside, after I talked to everybody and "checked" the jukebox.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hmm, could it be a part of the soundtrack? Or perhaps a car honk? That's mamash strange...
Cars honk in this game???

Maybe it's telling me to go back to the desert and get the gold that one guy was talking about???

Strange. I went into a battle, lost, and it stopped...

Last edited:

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Ness is a secondary for me pls no dont hurt me. I main Diddy and also have a pocket MK. My Mii Brawler exists but I prefer not to use it because it leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths (which is interesting considering I'm okay with using Diddy)

I also got paid about $500 this week so BAM is back on the cards and I'm seriously considering it. wat do? looco and sir zee help me (I feel like it's too late for me to secure housing and I'd really rather not pay for transport+accom+entry+food+etc)

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Honestly guys, after listening to it for quite a while, we need the Twoson theme in Smash. Or maybe even a stage based on Twoson (though I doubt it).

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Twoson theme is amazing. I learnt it on piano ages ago. I wonder if I still remember it...
I need to learn piano! I'm trying to teach myself some music from EarthBound on piano, but because I don't have my own, I can't really stay on a practice schedule to get everything down,

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Ness is a secondary for me pls no dont hurt me. I main Diddy and also have a pocket MK. My Mii Brawler exists but I prefer not to use it because it leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths (which is interesting considering I'm okay with using Diddy)

I also got paid about $500 this week so BAM is back on the cards and I'm seriously considering it. wat do? looco and sir zee help me (I feel like it's too late for me to secure housing and I'd really rather not pay for transport+accom+entry+food+etc)
You should come to bam man! Its going to be huge. Think of all the stuff you can learn while having a blast.

Definitely go check out the housing thread just in case

Qoo

Smash Rookie
NNID
salvaheck
3DS FC
0275-7958-0610
secondaries.. i main marth and ness
and recently i picked lucario bc hes fun

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Your egg(s) hatched bro. sell the chicken(s) or let 'em go.

I like Ness as a character, but I honestly don't enjoy playing as him in smash like other characters. Definitely like his improved PK Star Storm though.

Currently doing my second play-through of Earthbound but this time with a SNES controller. :love:

And out of curiosity, has anyone here listened to the official Mother arranged soundtrack? I love it a lot. Especially The World of Mother (Extended) and Smiles and Tears (Demo)

No? Okay...

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Your egg(s) hatched bro. sell the chicken(s) or let 'em go.

I like Ness as a character, but I honestly don't enjoy playing as him in smash like other characters. Definitely like his improved PK Star Storm though.

Currently doing my second play-through of Earthbound but this time with a SNES controller. :love:

And out of curiosity, has anyone here listened to the official Mother arranged soundtrack? I love it a lot. Especially The World of Mother (Extended) and Smiles and Tears (Demo)
Thanks! That noise was driving me crazy, and I did set a chicken loose before I entered the battle.

Twoson's theme is incredibly underrated. One of my favorite tracks in the game.

Twoson just got 10x more awesome for me.

Last edited:

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hey guys, some videos from my last tournament just got uploaded and im looking for some pointers.

Vs Mario
http://youtu.be/AgnGXA0Lrxc

Vs Fox
http://youtu.be/ZOcci3EkpeM

Vs Game and Watch/ ROB
http://youtu.be/C_tKPwNv9Xc

Looking for specific things to work on to make me better, only posting here first thanks to more activity, ill chuck the links in the critique thread later.
Against a R.O.B./G&W (I'm completely qualified for this one)...

G&W: Keep a solid air game and never stay behind him in the air for too long. Land or move back. You can't use projectiles too much because of his bucket, and he does have (though I dunno if your opponent knew) a surprise recovery called "Bucket Jumping". But as soon as he makes a mistake, rush him down.

R.O.B.: He's going to force you to make the first move, then he will attempt to keep you away with projectiles. Get rid of Gyros as soon as you can, but only go for it when he's not near it. You're going to want a good air game, like with G&W. Pretty sure you can use PSI Magnet on Robo Beam too. Best not to approach from above him. Also, his new recovery allows WAY LESS horizontal movement, so once you have him off stage pretty far, keep trying to gimp him. When his fuel runs out, it's game over.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
More awesome Twoson music. This time it's a remix:

Finally figured out how to get a video up and not just the link!

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
You can't be too young. I went to my first tourney when I was 12.
Then I'm still too inexperienced. Me and Lochy battled each other yesterday, and let's just say I was happy if I got one kill in each match. :p

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Then I'm still too inexperienced. Me and Lochy battled each other yesterday, and let's just say I was happy if I got one kill in each match. :p
Sorry, I hit the wrong button...
Anyway, the only advice I and the other guys could give you is "practice". And even if you don't participate in the tourney, just go and play friendlies. It is the best way to get some training in a nearly lagless environment (because lol display lag).

On a completely unrelated note, how come people can prefer Twoson's theme to "Pokey means buisness".
I can already hear him saying "Heresy I say ! Money is everything !"

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Sorry, I hit the wrong button...
Anyway, the only advice I and the other guys could give you is "practice". And even if you don't participate in the tourney, just go and play friendlies. It is the best way to get some training in a nearly lagless environment (because lol display lag).

On a completely unrelated note, how come people can prefer Twoson's theme to "Pokey means buisness".
I can alreadi hear him saying "Heresy I say ! Money is everything !"
Guess people just have a different taste in music than you.

Though maybe I should go to the next tournament near me...just get some practice in...

Last edited:

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
I've always felt weird because I like the chip-tune part of Pokey Means Business more than the epic guitar part. But I'm not really sure if I want more Pokey/Porky representation (I ain't forgetting what you did, Pokey).

On the other hand, we need a remix of Hi Hi Hi, and a Battle Theme Medley, that would be the best <3

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Probably shouldn't watch this if you haven't beaten the game yet.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I've always felt weird because I like the chip-tune part of Pokey Means Business more than the epic guitar part. But I'm not really sure if I want more Pokey/Porky representation (I ain't forgetting what you did, Pokey).

On the other hand, we need a remix of Hi Hi Hi, and a Battle Theme Medley, that would be the best <3
Humoresque of a Little Dog was in Brawl, and was essentially a remix of Hi Hi Hi, but it got cut :\

As for a Battle Medley, I really want this:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

Don't feel weird! I'm the exact same way, I prefer the chiptune part of Pokey's remix (though I bet the designers wanted you to enjoy the guitar part more because the chiptune I think is meant to parody traditional SNES boss music and it doesn't get lopped into the track later on) by far, the way it echoes off itself and is really fast-paced and feels serious/epic is just so cool to me.

I think you should go to BAM @ Pazx Pazx - I was there both of the last two tournaments and they were some of the best experiences I've ever had in my life. This one is supposed to be a biggie too, with international rep so I'd get on board if I were you, but that's just my opinion, and I bet you already knew I was gonna say this didn't you? :D

Meccs

@Meccs_
I'm flying there from Boston, first out-of-region tourney. It'd be really cool to make it out of pools, does anyone know what the actual bracket starts at? 128? 64? I've only played in a tourney with pools once back a while ago for Melee and it seems depressing if only one person makes it out of each pool at an event this big

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Lol, I'm not going anywhere far away for now. After Lochy beating me like he did, I think I'll just play smaller "tournaments" at a local GameStop or something for a while. Then I'll go to Big House or something in the next few years (since it's the closest tournament to home), then I'll go to these bigger, farther away tournaments...

I wish my school would do a Brawl and/or Smash 4 tournament. They've actually got a Melee one later this week, but I'd rather participate in a tournament of a game I've played than one I haven't.

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
The only issue I really have is the amount of money it will cost to stay at the hotel for 4 days and my family wouldn't leave me in Virginia so my whole family would have to come unless someone else drove me (i dont know who would do that some random guy on smashboards?)

Meccs

@Meccs_
The hotel isnt too bad. its getting there that hits the wallet hardest, at least for most out of region people. I entered 64 1v1, and both Smash 4 events and that was another $95...
Flying is super convenient its just the cost, but the cost ends up being worth it conpared to driving 8-9 hours or being on the train for 7 hours.
All in all it'll be a fun little 'vacation'

On a completely different note:
I noticed I do a (cancelled) short hop before using PKT everytime I use it. Idk why. its a weird habit. Like I'll Fthrow somebody offstage, and jump and immediately use PKT instead of just using PKT. Dunno where I got that from or why I do it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom