• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
The hotel isnt too bad. its getting there that hits the wallet hardest, at least for most out of region people. I entered 64 1v1, and both Smash 4 events and that was another $95...
Flying is super convenient its just the cost, but the cost ends up being worth it conpared to driving 8-9 hours or being on the train for 7 hours.
All in all it'll be a fun little 'vacation'

On a completely different note:
I noticed I do a (cancelled) short hop before using PKT everytime I use it. Idk why. its a weird habit. Like I'll Fthrow somebody offstage, and jump and immediately use PKT instead of just using PKT. Dunno where I got that from or why I do it.
Well im only 15 and i dont have a job so i need to find some way to save up money so my parents don't have to pay for all of it.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Those are the weird things that some people do. If I get a kill with Ness I tend to JC with PSI Magnet, for some reason I always loved doing that <3

Manbeartigerphoenix

Smash Apprentice
Ness and Lucas have way more soulless eyes than Villager. Staring into their eyes is the equivalent to staring into an abyss of pure darkness.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ness and Lucas have way more soulless eyes than Villager. Staring into their eyes is the equivalent to staring into an abyss of pure darkness.
On one hand yes, but Lucas and Ness have actual character traits that make it much easier to stop seeing their eyes as dark pits of doom and more as cute adorable expressions of themselves. :D

Much easier to paint the bland man as the murderer. ;)

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
oh this is okamiden. it's a sequel for the DS. I just beat the game today and my avatar is a new game + bonus, among other things.
i haven't really played okami, but I'm planning to soon.
if you can't find a copy, you can always.... :^)

Last edited:

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
I liked Okami, but the billion fights agaisn't Orochi kinda ruined the game for me (WHY DO YOU HAVE TO FIGHT AGAISNT IT 3 TIMES). Still pretty good game overall.

Also, on a random topic, it would have been could if they gave PK Beam or some other move to Ness as a custom, it would have been a neat reference.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I liked Okami, but the billion fights agaisn't Orochi kinda ruined the game for me (WHY DO YOU HAVE TO FIGHT AGAISNT IT 3 TIMES). Still pretty good game overall.

Also, on a random topic, it would have been could if they gave PK Beam or some other move to Ness as a custom, it would have been a neat reference.
Also @ D Drippy Seeing as I finally got Ana up to level 35, I'd laugh if, as a tribute to Mother 1 they made it so PK Fire had a random chance to instantly KO. :laugh:

(In M1, PK Beam r kills a single opponent instantly, whilst PK Fire Omega kills all enemies instantly... Totally not OP! I'm going to have the (dark) pleasure of knowing when I finish the game (again) that Ana will go home and start living her life as a normal girl... Except she can instantly kill whoever she wants! >_> )

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Also @ D Drippy Seeing as I finally got Ana up to level 35, I'd laugh if, as a tribute to Mother 1 they made it so PK Fire had a random chance to instantly KO. :laugh:

(In M1, PK Beam r kills a single opponent instantly, whilst PK Fire Omega kills all enemies instantly... Totally not OP! I'm going to have the (dark) pleasure of knowing when I finish the game (again) that Ana will go home and start living her life as a normal girl... Except she can instantly kill whoever she wants! >_> )
Lol wait what, I didn't even use that move. I literally ran away from every fight because being constantly paralyzed / stunned / frustrated (confused) is uhh unpleasant. That final dungeon was a real pain in the butt but so was the last dungeon of every game (Mother 2 taking the spot though IMO)

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Lol wait what, I didn't even use that move. I literally ran away from every fight because being constantly paralyzed / stunned / frustrated (confused) is uhh unpleasant. That final dungeon was a real pain in the butt but so was the last dungeon of every game (Mother 2 taking the spot though IMO)
Did you get Ana to level 35? Because getting her there is a massive grind. When you first get Loid back you feel REALLY weak, but once you get Loid to like, level 28+ or so, you can occasionally take down even the Grizzly Bear, and once Ninten gets Superhealing at level 34 you can take them down pretty reliably if you start the battle off with Ninten using PSI Shield beta, Ana guessing who will die and trying to pre-emptively revive them and Loid using Flashdark to blind the bear. After you revive whoever died, either that turn or the next, the bear becomes a piece of cake. :D

The best way to do it though is to go to near where EVE died and farm off the Oh-Mooks around there. They have 160 hp, meaning if you get Ana to use PK Fire r (about 100 damage to all enemies) and Loid to use Flamethrower (also 100 fire damage to all enemies), you'll demolish them and get a lot of exp easy (the Oh-Mooks really aren't that dangerous except for the odd confusion on Ana, but aside from that the worst they do is like, PK Freeze/Fire beta). Then just go back to the healer's house every so often and you'll level everyone up at a reasonable pace (for M1 anyway).

Also the 'check' result for the metal scorpion thing that's also in M3 (CAN'T REMEMBER HIS NAME WHYYYY) is really funny. It's like: Offense 100, Defense 420 ... If you can beat him, then good for you!

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Welp, that news just made my day. Guess I'll be in EarthBound longer than I thought (I mean I'm always gonna come back to it, but it seems now it'll take a LONG while to complete just one game...)

Also, another great song we need in Smash:

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh, where are you up to so far RobnWatch? And have you heard that ^ song yet in-game (or at least the opening)?

I agree though, it'd be awesome to hear it in Smash :D

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Oh, where are you up to so far RobnWatch? And have you heard that ^ song yet in-game (or at least the opening)?

I agree though, it'd be awesome to hear it in Smash :D
It's from the Runaway Five, isn't it? I can't remember, I haven't had the time to play in about a week (I've been playing Smash). I'm just now starting Fourside, trying to get that gold in that huge maze the guy in the desert dug up.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Did you get Ana to level 35? Because getting her there is a massive grind. When you first get Loid back you feel REALLY weak, but once you get Loid to like, level 28+ or so, you can occasionally take down even the Grizzly Bear, and once Ninten gets Superhealing at level 34 you can take them down pretty reliably if you start the battle off with Ninten using PSI Shield beta, Ana guessing who will die and trying to pre-emptively revive them and Loid using Flashdark to blind the bear. After you revive whoever died, either that turn or the next, the bear becomes a piece of cake. :D

The best way to do it though is to go to near where EVE died and farm off the Oh-Mooks around there. They have 160 hp, meaning if you get Ana to use PK Fire r (about 100 damage to all enemies) and Loid to use Flamethrower (also 100 fire damage to all enemies), you'll demolish them and get a lot of exp easy (the Oh-Mooks really aren't that dangerous except for the odd confusion on Ana, but aside from that the worst they do is like, PK Freeze/Fire beta). Then just go back to the healer's house every so often and you'll level everyone up at a reasonable pace (for M1 anyway).

Also the 'check' result for the metal scorpion thing that's also in M3 (CAN'T REMEMBER HIS NAME WHYYYY) is really funny. It's like: Offense 100, Defense 420 ... If you can beat him, then good for you!
My Ninten was level 42 while everyone was like around level 30, can't remember how high level my Ana was. On the other hand I still found Loid very underwhelming, I farmed two Flamethrowers and really didn't want to farm more and just gave up and let him stay as the weakling. Real shame he didn't have a permanent weapon like Jeff that made him monstrous end-game.

On the other hand not only was the Mooks confusion annoying, the PK Fire became overwhelming in a game like Mother where the spawn rate is overwhelming and I found it really stupid you couldn't use PSI Life Up Omega (the one that heals all) outside of battle including it didn't even fully heal everyone. On the other hand I already beat the game a long time ago so I don't really need help, it was just kind of annoying ;p

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ugh, who am I kidding? At this point Nintendo should just throw the entire EarthBound soundtrack into Smash...

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
So I got Mother 3 for my SP and I'm enjoying it a heck of a lot better as I now can use the sound battle mechanic properly. I'm currently doing chapter 2..again, but I'm finally back in Osohe Castle.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
So I got Mother 3 for my SP and I'm enjoying it a heck of a lot better as I now can use the sound battle mechanic properly. I'm currently doing chapter 2..again, but I'm finally back in Osohe Castle.

Dang Chapter 2 was so hard the first time I played it through, I had to grind for a billions of level and get lucky to beat Mr. Passion (The boss theme was pretty catchy tho).

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
In Mother 1, there are some spells that have 5 stages instead of 4. Most of them use Pi as the extra symbol. :3
HA HA! That's hilarious! I can't get a break from math, dang it!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I was about to post another video, but it's old and double posting is not exactly allowed. I think there's a part where I'm allowed to post on the same thread again after a certain time, but I'll just keep it safe and post it here. The following is not TAS.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I was about to post another video, but it's old and double posting is not exactly allowed. I think there's a part where I'm allowed to post on the same thread again after a certain time, but I'll just keep it safe and post it here. The following is not TAS.

The AwesomeNESS is too much to handle!!!

Last edited:

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
I think all of us watch that video and think "I've got a lot to learn"

Its absolutely insane, I want to be on that level.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
i've always secretly dreamed of, when in a ness ditto, forcing the other ness to PKT2 and just running off and PKT2ing into their PKT2 for a hilarious suicide.

i promised myself that i would try it at least once against a good ness.

Last edited:

Qoo

Smash Rookie
NNID
salvaheck
3DS FC
0275-7958-0610
i feel like pkflash as useless as it seems can actually be useful in 1v1
i mean its probably fantasy but ive almost pk flashed some people several times.....almost

i cant be the only one can i ;_;

Top Bottom