• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Oh, the attack slugs? Farm off them! They're a great source of exp and not particularly hard to take out. But yeah, once you've had enough of them, try the spawn trick - going back and forth to reset the spawns of the enemies until you get what you want (usually: As few enemies as possible :p ) and you should be able to make it to Belch. :3
Double post cause I missed this. No, not the attack slugs, the little pink ball things (that look like Sukapon's head, if you know who that guy is).

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Truth be told, it feels like half of the Ness mains live over here in Aus hahaha! :laugh: I mean, you've got Pazx, Sir Zedd, myself and PKBeam, and I think I'm missing another 1 or 2 peeps. :D

Ahh yep, I know them, they're also really good farming though, I'd totally suggest hitting them for exp if you're not already at the level needed to get through, though I can't remember where the nearest hp/pp regen area is in there. =P

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Truth be told, it feels like half of the Ness mains live over here in Aus hahaha! :laugh: I mean, you've got Pazx, Sir Zedd, myself and PKBeam, and I think I'm missing another 1 or 2 peeps. :D

Ahh yep, I know them, they're also really good farming though, I'd totally suggest hitting them for exp if you're not already at the level needed to get through, though I can't remember where the nearest hp/pp regen area is in there. =P
It's in Saturn Valley. Right through a cave with some Violent Roaches.

Guys, I just thought of something better. What if, when Smash 5 was released, all of us were the people chosen to enter a tournament (like they did for Smash 4) and battle it out? Wouldn't that be something?!?!?!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I've had so many daydreams for smash over the years. Fighting players like M2K and ESAM in Brawl tournaments, contacting Nintendo, confessing my love for smash, mother and suggesting mother 3 western release, return of certain ATs like DACUS and glide tossing - or even Nintendo giving me a job there (because I want to study to be a video game designer after coming back from this gap year). Also getting into invitationals like these (because Australia didn't get one! >:I ), randomly bumping into big smash players on my way home from school and being able to play smash with them, being able to get up to a nationals finals set with my brother as my team-mate... I love the things I've wanted to happen. The best part is I think I can make at least a few of them come true someday, like meeting top players or possibly even getting a job with Nintendo someday (if that ends up being what I want to do the most)!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I've had so many daydreams for smash over the years. Fighting players like M2K and ESAM in Brawl tournaments, contacting Nintendo, confessing my love for smash, mother and suggesting mother 3 western release, return of certain ATs like DACUS and glide tossing - or even Nintendo giving me a job there (because I want to study to be a video game designer after coming back from this gap year). Also getting into invitationals like these (because Australia didn't get one! >:I ), randomly bumping into big smash players on my way home from school and being able to play smash with them, being able to get up to a nationals finals set with my brother as my team-mate... I love the things I've wanted to happen. The best part is I think I can make at least a few of them come true someday, like meeting top players or possibly even getting a job with Nintendo someday (if that ends up being what I want to do the most)!
You never know, man. Maybe we will all be able to meet up one day and battle it out (I'm gonna lose cause of my casual playstyle, calling it now!).

Back to Ness... (Insert topic of Ness and/or EarthBound series here)

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Guys
Consider that there are Ness mains all over the world, and that I'm currently stuck in France without any hope of going abroad ;_;
That might change in the future, but travels are expensive as heck T_T

Edit : Talking of Earthbound, I'm on my 3rd run and I'm currently trying to farm these Master Caterpillars near Scaraba before going to the final zone :-p
I'll try to help with what I can remember.

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
To be honest, I'd rather be more of a player who just constantly wins in a certain region, probably somewhere close to home. But if all you guys could get to Big House (#) in a few years (like 2017 or something), it'd be great to meet all of you, I might get good enough to go there. Though Lochy does bring up a good point with Luco being over on another continent. You guys will probably find me in a Smash 4 and/or Brawl tournament, if it ever happens. Or, if we get it soon enough, a Smash 5 tournament. For now, I guess we'll have to make do with the POWER OF THE INTERNET!!!

Really?!?! But, you still celebrate it every year, right?
Yup but people like to poke fun at my age and say that im 3 Years old because the next 29th isnt until 2016

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Guys
Consider that there are Ness mains all over the world, and that I'm currently stuck in France without any hope of going abroad ;_;
I'm sorry to hear that.

Yup but people like to poke fun at my age and say that im 3 Years old because the next 29th isnt until 2016
My apologies to you as well.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
To be honest, I'd rather be more of a player who just constantly wins in a certain region, probably somewhere close to home. But if all you guys could get to Big House (#) in a few years (like 2017 or something), it'd be great to meet all of you, I might get good enough to go there. Though Lochy does bring up a good point with Luco being over on another continent. You guys will probably find me in a Smash 4 and/or Brawl tournament, if it ever happens. Or, if we get it soon enough, a Smash 5 tournament. For now, I guess we'll have to make do with the POWER OF THE INTERNET!!!
If there is anyone i have the highest chance it would be PK Salt because we are both in New York currently. Also where exactly is Apex and Big House? If do very well in New York City (which has some of the best smashers) i would totally go to Apex or Big House. First I have to get 1st at Nebulous lol!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Guys
Don't stress, my friend. I was in your position a few years ago. Even now I'm not quite sure how I'll get the funds to make my way overseas, but I do have a bit of freedom TO do that, and I'm confident most of you guys will as well - and if you're already there, then you just work as hard as you can and I think it'll work out.

As it stands I'll be travelling to England halfway through the year for about a month. JUST A FEW HUNDRED KILOMETRES TOO FAR! :p

And yeah, I know someone else who's born on the leap year, and we joke that they must really be enjoying their long life. :D

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
@ Lochy Lochy , Big House is in Detroit, MI. Around where I live. Not too far, but kind of a...bad place at certain times.

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Just wondering if any of you guys know Ness mains from NYC? I only know of PK Salt.
I could imagine this happening.
Lochy: Ness Mains in NYC UNITE!!!
*a tumbleweed pases by Lochy accompanied by a soft sound of a cricket*

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Just wondering if any of you guys know Ness mains from NYC? I only know of PK Salt.
I could imagine this happening.
Lochy: Ness Mains in NYC UNITE!!!
*a tumbleweed pases by Lochy accompanied by a soft sound of a cricket*
Wanh, wanh, wahhh.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Finally beat Belch and Threed. Went and got the Milky Hole "Your Sanctuary" location, then went back to Twoson to get the Lilliput Steps "Your Sanctuary" location. That's all for today, but I had a cup of coffee with a Mr. Saturn. Guess I'm going to the Desert and Fourside next. Also, that hint at Ness + Paula couple in the long coffee message, was just...yes. I hope that happens at the end of the game, or at least something close to it.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Guys

Edit : Talking of Earthbound, I'm on my 3rd run and I'm currently trying to farm these Master Caterpillars near Scaraba before going to the final zone :-p
I'll try to help with what I can remember.
Whoah hold up, don't get past level 90 before finishing you sanctuaries. You'll thank me later.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Why am I already awoken XD
By Final Zone, I meant the one after the Onett events (I simply want to avoid spoilers)
Oh lol my bad.

Btw guys, I think I've found the name I want to use for the dthrow fair, fair, combo. Me and some of my friends have coined it the "fair blitz." :p

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Oh lol my bad.

Btw guys, I think I've found the name I want to use for the dthrow fair, fair, combo. Me and some of my friends have coined it the "fair blitz." :p
Not too bad.

OH LORD THE FEELS
I've seen this before, love it.

I'm stuck in the desert, not knowing where to go except straight, and I keep getting sunstroke. Please help. Especially since there is no map and the desert is huge.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I listen to this song with earbuds while i play Ness in smash 4. It helps me focus.
I wish I could do that. Listening to music through my earbuds makes me unfocused when I'm playing Smash, so I just set all the music in the game that I like to high.

How about we call PK Fire, Down throw, Fair, Fair the "Burning Fair" and/or "Burning PSI" due to both PK Fire and Down throw possessing fire elements with a quick damage giver afterwards (Fair).

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hey guys, lost in the desert. Any way to avoid getting sunstroke so often? And what exactly am I supposed to do? Only contact I've had is I met a construction worker and found a billboard asking to find some lenses or whatever (don't remember what it said) and return them to someone in Fourside. Do I just keep walking through the desert? I'm currently at the makeshift store near the start of the desert.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Hey guys, lost in the desert. Any way to avoid getting sunstroke so often? And what exactly am I supposed to do? Only contact I've had is I met a construction worker and found a billboard asking to find some lenses or whatever (don't remember what it said) and return them to someone in Fourside. Do I just keep walking through the desert? I'm currently at the makeshift store near the start of the desert.
Keep going. You have to reach Fourside and to give some money to someone around the end of the desert. Plus, you'll see something nice on the Highway after you reach Fourside ;3
(Don't expect anything huge, but it is still pretty cool)

...Oh, and you can only heal the sunstrokes. Nothing can be done to avoid them XD

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Keep going. You have to reach Fourside and to give some money to someone around the end of the desert. Plus, you'll see something nice on the Highway after you reach Fourside ;3
(Don't expect anything huge, but it is still pretty cool)

...Oh, and you can only heal the sunstrokes. Nothing can be done to avoid them XD
About how much money should I have on hand? And what about the billboard thing?

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Went all Ness at a tournament today to win flights to bam, I'm feeling it guys, I didnt lose a game the whole way through.

Within the week the videos will be uploaded and if you guys could give me some tips to smooth out all my kinks id really appreciate it.

Fair Blitz is the coolest name for the dthrow combo though!

Oh, Luco, thanks again for the bam tips I appreciate it!

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Went all Ness at a tournament today to win flights to bam, I'm feeling it guys, I didnt lose a game the whole way through.

Within the week the videos will be uploaded and if you guys could give me some tips to smooth out all my kinks id really appreciate it.

Fair Blitz is the coolest name for the dthrow combo though!

Oh, Luco, thanks again for the bam tips I appreciate it!
Not a single game lost? Dude you're on PK Fire!!! Also can't wait to see the videos and give critiques!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Just made it to Fourside. Looks like I've got a LOT to do. I assume this is where I'll be spending most of the rest of the game???

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Just made it to Fourside. Looks like I've got a LOT to do. I assume this is where I'll be spending most of the rest of the game???
Yeah Fourside is a little pricey but things get even more expensive so...

Edit: oops i thought you meant prices not time. Well Fourside is straight forward at first but it gets more intricate and difficult later on.

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
So much daydreaming... (Gasp!) Luco is Travis confirmed for Mother 4!!!11!

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Off topic but im curious. What timezone do you live in? I want to know so we could coordinate some matches later.
Also at what times/days are you able to play matches usually?

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Off topic but im curious. What timezone do you live in? I want to know so we could coordinate some matches later.
Also at what times/days are you able to play matches usually?
I go to a school that's a bit more advanced for my age, so I'm usually only available on weekends due to the work load, but I'll let you know if I can get on at any other day. Summer's coming pretty soon, so I'll of course have a lot of time off then. I live in the EST time zone. And thanks for the tip on Fourside.

What secondaries do you all use? I use Lucy, but I'm thinking of using DHD.
Don't really have specific secondaries, as I have three groups: Mains, Fun characters, Characters I hate. But play style wise, I prefer medium speed with fast and/or damaging moves, like Lucario, Mii Brawler, Marth, etc.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
THIS THREAD DIDN'T SEND ME ALERTS GBWAAAAAH!

So first off, CONGRATS @ Sir_Zedd Sir_Zedd ! (seriously I'm so happy for you =D And this is like the first time I've ever seen Australia get serious about its lead up to a major, like winner receiving free flights is just insane. Good stuff my friend, you beat my record! (In my first S4 tournament I only dropped one game hahah)

@ ROBnWatch ROBnWatch You spend a bit of time in Fourside, but I wouldn't say it's where you'll be spending the rest of the game or anything. It's a big city, central hub, that kind of thing, but there's plenty more. :D

And secondaries? :4duckhunt: and :4bowserjr: are mine, and I love them so much. :4lucas: will join :4ness: as my co-main, so I'll be using 4 characters at that point in time. Though I also like :4mewtwo: quite a bit, but he'll probably become a fun tertiary for me, along the likes of :4miigun: :4marth: and a few others. Weeee! :D

Being Travis would be fun. I really relate to all the Mother protagonists so far. Ninten because of a Grandmother I never knew of until a few years before she passed away (also, Ness because of a desire to be independent, to explore and to 'grow up' in the sense that I can handle myself more - and Lucas because of my connection to my brother. I wonder what I'll find in Travis?

Also, I've been listening to this for ages. Here are some feels for you. ;_;

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
@ ROBnWatch ROBnWatch You spend a bit of time in Fourside, but I wouldn't say it's where you'll be spending the rest of the game or anything. It's a big city, central hub, that kind of thing, but there's plenty more. :D
The only other major place I know of that I have yet to visit (other than Moonside) is Summers. Then after I get the rest of the 8 Melodies (have the first 3 right now) I go to Magicant. I think I'm gonna be stuck in Fourside for a while, cause I have no idea what it's all about and haven't heard much about it at all.

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I go to a school that's a bit more advanced for my age, so I'm usually only available on weekends due to the work load, but I'll let you know if I can get on at any other day. Summer's coming pretty soon, so I'll of course have a lot of time off then. I live in the EST time zone. And thanks for the tip on Fourside.

Cool! You can PM me if you're availible at some point.

Noa.

Smash Master
No secondaries for me. I only play ness. Even in friendlies I don't enjoy playing other characters. Ness is just too fun.

Top Bottom