• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
The golden statue is more of a foreshadowing thing. Don't worry about it now, but you'll see it again... ;)
Got it.

About what level, HP, and PP should I have to go against Frank? And why does just brandishing his knife do a ton of damage to me???

Nevermind, just beat him, and SMAAASHed his robot.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Double post, just an update on my progress. I've beaten Frank and got to that cave on the other side of the shack. Then my Wii U game pad lost it's battery power and I spent the rest of the day watching a movie. But I've gotta admit, other than going back and forth from my house, I've come to like this game a LOT already. It's probably one of my favorite games of all time. I'll be spending most of my time tomorrow trying to get as far as I need to get Paula to join my team.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Double post, just an update on my progress. I've beaten Frank and got to that cave on the other side of the shack. Then my Wii U game pad lost it's battery power and I spent the rest of the day watching a movie. But I've gotta admit, other than going back and forth from my house, I've come to like this game a LOT already. It's probably one of my favorite games of all time. I'll be spending most of my time tomorrow trying to get as far as I need to get Paula to join my team.
What movie did you watch?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I need to play EarthBound myself at some point. I've always heard it's good but never had a chance to play it.
Just the first half hour of playing it is enjoyable. You need to work to upgrade your character, but just beating the first boss is worth it! I wouldn't know bout the rest of the game though, I'm going through it myself right now.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
EB is pretty lenient in that regard. You only need to grind once, maybe twice seriously, and levelling up Paula and Jeff when you first get them is not really an issue. Once the team comes together, you'll feel just how crazy powerful you are. The EB team is probably the strongest Mother team to date, though M4 may prove that to be false when it rolls around because it uses the same formula (3 psychic users instead of 2 in the team).

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Is it worth buying a fan translation of Mother 3? I can't seem to get the whoe rhythm mechanic down on the VBA GX emulator...
And I'm wanting a reason to use my old GBA SP

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I did something really weird today. I was playing some friendlies with my friend's Yoshi today and I derped my recovery on the left side of the stage and ended up riding the stage downwards towards my certain doom. However, near the end of my PKT2 I was able to perform another PKT after that one as if I was doing a second wallbounced PKT2, it was really odd. I wish I saved that game but it was only my first stock and I soon forgot to save it as I habitually just mash start at the results screen.

I forgot which stage I did it on too, all I know that is it was an omega stage with an edge that goes all the way down.
The left wall is really weird when it comes to shooting down it instead of up. From my testing, I've gotten some rather strange, inconsistent results.

I'm tempted to say that left walls are upside down right walls though, which sounds weird, but could explain why we can't wallbounce up them. You managed to tget a wallbounce going down it though, and so have I.

Manbeartigerphoenix

Smash Apprentice
I see, I was hoping we could end up doing some wallhug double PKTs on the left side as well that would've been pretty awesome.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So, the police allowed me to go to Twoson, but I battled a mushroom and now have one on my head. Should I go to the Hospital?

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Yes. The mushrooms are silly. I'm pretty sure the guy pays you to remove them.
He did. Now, what about this stupid Iron Pencil in my way?

I'm going to stop asking questions now since they're usually answered by the game as soon as I ask them.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Not after Twoson though. The girl there always wants your mushrooms, and also later in the game the mushrooms rarely live long enough to even try spreading spores iirc.

But yeah they're a real pain early on. :laugh:

Don't worry about the Iron pencil just yet, if you're where I think you are. :3

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Not after Twoson though. The girl there always wants your mushrooms, and also later in the game the mushrooms rarely live long enough to even try spreading spores iirc.

But yeah they're a real pain early on. :laugh:

Don't worry about the Iron pencil just yet, if you're where I think you are. :3
I've gotten to Happy Happy Village and have been there for quite a while. I got past those religious weirdos and the guy at the top fried me with lightning. The golden statue from earlier was there as well. I assume I need a Franklin Badge? And I assume that's on the other side of the cave in Happy Happy Village (the one to the Far East with moles, bats, and bears)?

I'm taking a break from it for now, and I'd like to know if I'd be able to get Paula on my team by the end of the day from where I am.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Absolutely. In fact, if you asked a few people about it and found out where to look, I wouldn't be surprised if you found Paula within the next 20 minutes. :laugh:

And the cave with the bears, bats and moles is important later, but I can affirm that your number one priority right now is finding out where Paula is. ;)

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Absolutely. In fact, if you asked a few people about it and found out where to look, I wouldn't be surprised if you found Paula within the next 20 minutes. :laugh:

And the cave with the bears, bats and moles is important later, but I can affirm that your number one priority right now is finding out where Paula is. ;)
Got it. I watched this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-hVuv7mDNqM
To understand the game a bit before I started (stumbled upon it cause Pollyanna is the best song ever). Still confuses me. That one guy with the weird mask told me he and Pokey (no surprise there) took her to the top of a mountain cabin, yet this video would "tell" me otherwise. And I KNOW the only way to beat lightning man is the Franklin Badge, isn't it?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Got it. I watched this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-hVuv7mDNqM
To understand the game a bit before I started (stumbled upon it cause Pollyanna is the best song ever). Still confuses me. That one guy with the weird mask told me he and Pokey (no surprise there) took her to the top of a mountain cabin, yet this video would "tell" me otherwise. And I KNOW the only way to beat lightning man is the Franklin Badge, isn't it?
The video will make a lot more sense once you meet with Paula for the first time. The video could be more accurate, but it's not really incorrect either. ;)

Although, I suppose Paula isn't surrounded by hundreds of cultists though in reality. :p

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
The video will make a lot more sense once you meet with Paula for the first time. The video could be more accurate, but it's not really incorrect either. ;)
But I need to find the Franklin Badge, don't I? Great. That cabin in that place between Twoson and HHV probably has it. That or the cabin is where Paula is...

I tried getting there earlier, just kept running into battles and couldn't find the right way to it.

Last edited:

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Reading about some of the weird stuff in EarthBound kinda makes me wonder if its really as weird as it sounds...

Oh wait...it's a Nintendo game...

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Reading about some of the weird stuff in EarthBound kinda makes me wonder if its really as weird as it sounds...

Oh wait...it's a Nintendo game...
It's weird, yet charming. I really enjoy it, and I'm having trouble finding Paula! And the better part of the game probably starts once I get her. So yes, it's very weird, but it's kinda what keeps you coming back too.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
That video is excellent, but the order of events is a little mixed up just to keep it flowing well. Don't use it as an actual guide.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Lol, OK thanks guys. I'll probably get back to it soon (about an hour or after dinner). If I continue to run into problems I'll let you guys know.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Makes sense I guess. Weird stuff usually does keep me coming back if it doesn't scare me away the first time.
Are you afraid of crows, dogs, and snakes?

If not, you'll at least be able to get through the first town.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I dunno, there IS a chance he could be afraid of punky kids, or...

policemen that are totally fine with locking a child in a room and sending their best officers to try and beat him up. o_O

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
No lawn gnomes!

Actually that's a great idea to have in a Mother game!

But from my memory lawn gnomes don't appear in the Mother games at all, so you're SCOT FREE! :grin:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
No lawn gnomes!

Actually that's a great idea to have in a Mother game!

But from my memory lawn gnomes don't appear in the Mother games at all, so you're SCOT FREE! :grin:
No lawn gnomes yet. Unless you consider photo genius one (he kinda looks like one).

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Back to HHV. Going to see if I can make it to that cabin in the middle of that bridge place between Twoson and HHV (Happy Rest Valley? Is that it?). If I run into some problems, I'll tell you guys.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
EDIT:On second thought, I shouldn't give you the answer to this one unless you're really getting stuck. Sometimes grinding when you're unsure gets you really nicely over levelled! :grin:

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
EDIT:On second thought, I shouldn't give you the answer to this one unless you're really getting stuck. Sometimes grinding when you're unsure gets you really nicely over levelled! :grin:
More of that again? OK. I'm at level 21, I think I'll go to 25.

Top Bottom