• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I'm so stupid. I found the place to get to the cabin, and got Paula. So happy!!! I could stop now and call it a weekend, but we all know that won't happen. Is there any way I'm able to use the 10K that Everdred gave me to buy that house in Onett near the ocean?

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I'm so stupid. I found the place to get to the cabin, and got Paula. So happy!!! I could stop now and call it a weekend, but we all know that won't happen. Is there any way I'm able to use the 10K that Everdred gave me to buy that house in Onett near the ocean?
No. You'll need the money for something else. Besides, I don't think it's worth buying the house at all, but if you really want it I advise waiting until the later stages of the game when you have more money.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Progress update for Day 2: Both Paula and Jeff have joined me, and I'm in Threed. I think I missed 2 of the "Your Sanctuary" locations, one back in Twoson ("Lilliput Steps", right?) and the one in Winters that can't be accessed without Ness present, and I think Jeff needs to repair the Sky Runner to get the three of them back there to get it. All in all, I'm happy with where I ended off this weekend. Hope to continue the adventure soon but with school, I might not be able to get too far on weekdays. Oh well. I'm pretty sure I get one of the 8 "Your Sanctuary" locations by beating Master Belch. And like the citizens said, that's a horrible name.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hehe, missing Lilliput steps is a common mistake by many players because there's so much happening there. But I'll give you a hint, because you can go and do Lilliput as soon as you're done with Threed (although Threed may take a little bit of time).

"Somewhere over there is a place that can't be painted blue." ;) (paraphrasing but you should get it, if not, remember our earlier discussion in the thread. :D )

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hehe, missing Lilliput steps is a common mistake by many players because there's so much happening there. But I'll give you a hint, because you can go and do Lilliput as soon as you're done with Threed (although Threed may take a little bit of time).

"Somewhere over there is a place that can't be painted blue." ;) (paraphrasing but you should get it, if not, remember our earlier discussion in the thread. :D )
Knew that cave was important! Though in my case, I didn't miss it cause of not knowing, I missed it cause a certain someone said it'd be important LATER...

But ya, seems Threed may take a while, just got out of that underground cell and went to the Hotel to save yesterday. Dunno what to do next, but I'll ask the citizens. They've always got something. And if not I'll go find the Threed Hint Guy, though I'd rather go the entire game without asking him for one, since I can ask here for free.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I never asked the guy for hints, but I probably should have. =P

Sorry, I didn't mean LATER later, I just meant that finding Paula and beating Mr. Carpainter was no. 1 and 2 priorities. :p

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I never asked the guy for hints, but I probably should have. =P

Sorry, I didn't mean LATER later, I just meant that finding Paula and beating Mr. Carpainter was no. 1 and 2 priorities. :p
You say that now...

Must get out of Threed once I finish my HW from school!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Seems like I may need to grind a bit in Threed. Paula and Jeff die too easily, plus Paula can only use PSI attacks since I'm stupid and forgot to give her an actual weapon. Am I able to get her a frying pan at the Department store? Only reason I don't find out myself is cause I don't have much time right now.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I've gotten to Belch's factory. Two questions. 1, do I wait exactly three minutes after saying the password, and then knock on the "door" again, or will the creature on the other side of the door let me in? 2, once I beat Belch, are the zombies in Threed gone, and therefore am I allowed to go to Twoson again?

Only asking these questions cause I'm taking a break.

And sorry for the triple post.

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Seems like I may need to grind a bit in Threed. Paula and Jeff die too easily, plus Paula can only use PSI attacks since I'm stupid and forgot to give her an actual weapon. Am I able to get her a frying pan at the Department store? Only reason I don't find out myself is cause I don't have much time right now.
You can buy a frying pan in Happy Happy Village, though the one en route to Fourside is better (if I remembered correctly that you can buy one on the way there).

I've gotten to Belch's factory. Two questions. 1, do I wait exactly three minutes after saying the password, and then knock on the "door" again, or will the creature on the other side of the door let me in? 2, once I beat Belch, are the zombies in Threed gone, and therefore am I allowed to go to Twoson again?

Only asking these questions cause I'm taking a break.

And sorry for the triple post.
1) Just wait three minutes without moving. The text is automatic. 2) I believe they are. I think.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
You can buy a frying pan in Happy Happy Village, though the one en route to Fourside is better (if I remembered correctly that you can buy one on the way there).

1) Just wait three minutes without moving. The text is automatic. 2) I believe they are. I think.
Gotcha. Thanks PSIBoy. Also, during the 3 minutes, can I heal a team member or will that reset it?

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Gotcha. Thanks PSIBoy. Also, during the 3 minutes, can I heal a team member or will that reset it?
I... Don't know. I don't even know what happens if you do move during this time, so I can't help you there. Also, you'll have to talk to a specific Mr. Saturn as well, I think. He's in the cave leading to the Saturn Valley store though.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I... Don't know. I don't even know what happens if you do move during this time, so I can't help you there. Also, you'll have to talk to a specific Mr. Saturn as well, I think. He's in the cave leading to the Saturn Valley store though.
I did. He's the one who told me I have to wait 3 minutes. I'll continue my quest soon. I think I'll go best Belch, possibly go beat the boss guarding Lilliput Steps and call it a day.

Meccs

@Meccs_
I think I got the Sanctuary in the Happy Happy Village place 7th when I first played the game. Had no idea it was there.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
So I got this NES/SNES to Wii remote adapter and I'm thinking about replaying Earthbound with its intended controller. :ness:
This is a good alternative as the carts are expensive....

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
There's an adaptor for that?!

*Heavy breathing*

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Went after Belch...didn't go so well. Those pink things attack in SWARMS!!! I'll take another shot at it tomorrow. Luckily I saved in Saturn Valley. DOING! I really have to say, this game has made it to my best video games list, and I've only had it 3 days. I can't get enough of it! Though tomorrow, I probably won't have much time to play because of school work and sports practice. What a shame, and tomorrow's my birthday too. Oh well. I guess I'll just level up a bit more and go after Belch the next time I get the chance to.

Last edited:

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Good but school takes up too much of my life. I haven't been able to play smash much, much less with anyone else

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Hey guys!

I went ahead and started adding prefixes to some threads. I hope this is helpful to you all.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Have an awesome birthday @ ROBnWatch ROBnWatch !!

I'd recommend after Threed, going to the next area real quick to get equipment before going the other way to get Lilliput steps done. If you're gonna be overpowered against a boss, you should definitely feel it. ;)

On the other hand, there is something to be said for making things a surprise for yourself, so you may wanna go back, complete Lilliput and then go forward. Either way works just as good. :grin:

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Thanks for all the happy birthdays guys. 15 years old today. I think this also helps in why I love EarthBound, as Ness and co. are around the same age, and I can relate to that.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I always felt super connected to Ness, and when I got Brawl I felt the same way as you about him and Lucas because I was 13 or 14 at that stage, so I was quite similar to their age.

And now I've grown a little older, but I feel just as connected. Even having played the games and whatnot, I'm not sure why that is to be honest. I'd say it's possible that 4 or 5 years later I still don't feel like I'm totally disconnected from their age just yet, but who's to say?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Looks like it's gonna require some grinding to get past Belch. I wasn't able to continue the adventure today. :(

Hopefully the schoolwork doesn't clog up my life too much, but I just got assigned multiple projects. I may have to wait some time to keep going. Hopefully I can get back to it soon, but we'll see.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ohhh, you're gonna hate yourself the same way I did.

There's a real trick to beating Belch. Think about the information you know about him, and you should get the answer. ;)

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ohhh, you're gonna hate yourself the same way I did.

There's a real trick to beating Belch. Think about the information you know about him, and you should get the answer. ;)
Oh, I know the trick, I just haven't been able to get to him yet. His minions that attack in swarms of 6 keep getting in my way!!!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh, I know the trick, I just haven't been able to get to him yet. His minions that attack in swarms of 6 keep getting in my way!!!
Oh, the attack slugs? Farm off them! They're a great source of exp and not particularly hard to take out. But yeah, once you've had enough of them, try the spawn trick - going back and forth to reset the spawns of the enemies until you get what you want (usually: As few enemies as possible :p ) and you should be able to make it to Belch. :3

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Man wouldn't it be awesome if someday we all met in real life? It would probably be difficult for that to happen because we all live in different states or in Lucos case continents, but it would be cool!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Man wouldn't it be awesome if someday we all met in real life? It would probably be difficult for that to happen because we all live in different states or in Lucos case continents, but it would be cool!
I plan on making it to Apex hopefully around 2017, so if you guys are able to travel interstate by then, I'd love to meet you!

That is the plan, anyway. :O

ilysm

sleepy
Man, I'm not even sure if I want to go to Apex unless they somehow bring Project M back. I'm in kind of a Smash 4 slouch. Cannot make things work in this game as of right now. Bleh. Perhaps things will clear up for me when Lucas drops and I can co-main my boys again.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
To be honest, I'd rather be more of a player who just constantly wins in a certain region, probably somewhere close to home. But if all you guys could get to Big House (#) in a few years (like 2017 or something), it'd be great to meet all of you, I might get good enough to go there. Though Lochy does bring up a good point with Luco being over on another continent. You guys will probably find me in a Smash 4 and/or Brawl tournament, if it ever happens. Or, if we get it soon enough, a Smash 5 tournament. For now, I guess we'll have to make do with the POWER OF THE INTERNET!!!

Cool happy b day dude. I turned 15 in Feburary! Im actually born on a leap year lol!
Really?!?! But, you still celebrate it every year, right?

Top Bottom