• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ha, that's awesome. I'm currently getting my girlfriend to start playing Earthbound on PC, just scared she'll stop playing because I'm not sure if she likes RPG's too much
I'm a little scared that my flatmate will stop playing, and I was a lot more scared before yesterday because she hadn't played for a couple weeks and was never in the mood to play, but after yesterday she really seemed to enjoy herself so I'm hoping she'll continue. Once this part of the program ends I also have a few other members of our group I want to play through it. I'll try to give you guys updates as it happens. :grin:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Hey guys haven't posted for a bit. Just wanted to say hi. I've been getting into smash 64, melee and project m and they are all a blast to play.
Lucas in project m is beautiful. :,)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Lucas is really interesting in P:M - I heard he and Ness used to be broken as hell in it hahaha.

Also played some Melee a couple months ago, really wanna play it again. ;_;

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
Lucas is really interesting in P:M - I heard he and Ness used to be broken as hell in it hahaha.

Also played some Melee a couple months ago, really wanna play it again. ;_;
Lucas is #2 on the Project M 3.5 tier list, such a huge revamp when he's E in Brawl so Lucas mains must be proud

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
Where is the P:M 3.5 tier list if I may ask? I looked around but didn't find much. :p
I think my memory's a bit foggy but my bff who's way more into competitive Smash than me, said Pit got a pretty good nerf in 3.5 making Lucas 2nd best but even so in the final tier list for PM 3.2 he was 3rd, that's still way better than his spot in Brawl :p

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Yo, everyone. So, I was looking around, and noticed a lack of a dedicated combo thread here. Given that I have been fiddling around in the lab for a while, and have a list well started, would there be any objections to me posting it once I finish?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm pretty decent at timing PK Fire, I think I can get to the point where I'm doing it consistently. I'll practice it over the coming months. =D

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
I hope they don't take out Ness's 1212 set :x because I use that and I'm making a video of some examples of using it ;D

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
I think I found a 0 to death combo in teams with double Ness that requires PK bonfire.
Down throw > Footstool > Jab Lock > Then when you throw out the PK Bonfire, let your teammate jab you once to cancel the endlag and quickly perform a PSI Vaccum in the middle of the fire for a guaranteed lock in the Fire > Then your Ness buddy finishes it with a PKT2
I would try this but I don't have anyone to help me, lol

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Can't you just dthrow, footstool (ally), jab lock x3, regrab, and repeat until they are at PKT2 death percent? Then instead of just regrabbing with Ness, have your ally regrab and Ness PKT2 into the victim.

Sounds a lot simpler and doesn't require customs.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
So I think tonight I'm going to start testing dthrow combos in depth. I wanna what is guaranteed at different percents. I wanna know how rage affects things. And I really want to test DI but that could prove somewhat difficult. :V
I got a solid list of D-Throw follow-ups you can do on Fox (was in Training on a Level 9 of 3DS). Unsure if it's just me but I could barely do a D-Throw > Fair on Wii U b/c I felt I moved a bit slower so I'm unsure if they're actual follow-ups and it's like practically impossible for me to record me doing the combos on 3DS cause I'd somehow have to dangle my phone in mid-air as I'd play and record lol

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You could do an actual match, save it at the end, go to replays and record it on your phone then? You could even do like a 15 stock match and save that this way, then edit it on your phone later and crop out all the non-dthrow stuff?

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I got a solid list of D-Throw follow-ups you can do on Fox (was in Training on a Level 9 of 3DS). Unsure if it's just me but I could barely do a D-Throw > Fair on Wii U b/c I felt I moved a bit slower so I'm unsure if they're actual follow-ups and it's like practically impossible for me to record me doing the combos on 3DS cause I'd somehow have to dangle my phone in mid-air as I'd play and record lol
I only play on Wii U, and it's pretty hard to stay out of, and it's almost a guaranteed triple fair on the taller characters. Maybe it's just you, or maybe it's just that I'm too used to doing it...

Last edited:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Can't you just dthrow, footstool (ally), jab lock x3, regrab, and repeat until they are at PKT2 death percent? Then instead of just regrabbing with Ness, have your ally regrab and Ness PKT2 into the victim.

Sounds a lot simpler and doesn't require customs.
Don't be a party pooper, it has to be stylish <3

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Frankly, I prefer efficiency over being a show-off (no offense). But I will not destroy your fun if you are going for style, just saying it probably won't work as well.
Haha is alright we are not all the same :p
I don't even have a teams partner xP I'm just exploring the 1212 set which is PK Bonfire and PSI Vaccum

Qoo

Smash Rookie
NNID
salvaheck
3DS FC
0275-7958-0610
ive been thinking about grab release setups.. unfortunately ness seems to have too much lag to make this work :\ (idk the exact frames)
the only move that seems to be in range (on big characters) is usmash and probably nair

this is kinda useless tbh but i think it can work as surprise factor, maybe if we can predict the di we can aim the nair better?
what do u guys think? should i look into this more deeply or has this already been discussed ;;

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
ive been thinking about grab release setups.. unfortunately ness seems to have too much lag to make this work :\ (idk the exact frames)
the only move that seems to be in range (on big characters) is usmash and probably nair

this is kinda useless tbh but i think it can work as surprise factor, maybe if we can predict the di we can aim the nair better?
what do u guys think? should i look into this more deeply or has this already been discussed ;;
What grab release setups are you referring to? Just on stage grab releases into follow ups? Grab releases over the edge?

Qoo

Smash Rookie
NNID
salvaheck
3DS FC
0275-7958-0610
What grab release setups are you referring to? Just on stage grab releases into follow ups? Grab releases over the edge?
i was talking about just grab release into follow up but honestly that doesnt seem to be going anywhere
over the ledge tho i found that dsmash can kinnnd of work if the opponent tries to reach the ledge too early.. its a bit underwhelming tho :\

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Was in an online 3DS tourney and got 2nd/20 (though it was like top 16 playoffs for a ladder so lol). Had to go against the host for my first set and then for Grand Finals. She's one of my best friends and considered the best Sonic in Canada (and a pretty damn good Kirby too).

I choke in Grand Finals cause I had 20 more secs to kill to time out Sonic (on Yoshi's) and then I did F-Tilt by accident which set the stage for me to get B-Thrown then Bair'd. :c

I feel like literally the only thing I can do in that MU is Nair, god it's stressful lol.

Believe there should be vids of it up soon.

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Was in an online 3DS tourney and got 2nd/20 (though it was like top 16 playoffs for a ladder so lol). Had to go against the host for my first set and then for Grand Finals. She's one of my best friends and considered the best Sonic in Canada (and a pretty damn good Kirby too).

I choke in Grand Finals cause I had 20 more secs to kill to time out Sonic (on Yoshi's) and then I did F-Tilt by accident which set the stage for me to get B-Thrown then Bair'd. :c

I feel like literally the only thing I can do in that MU is Nair, god it's stressful lol.

Believe there should be vids of it up soon.
Good stuff man. Yeah Sonic is hard for Ness, nair is easily his best tool here. It always sucks to have your nerves get ya.

I once lost a match to a dude on stream when I had like a 40% lead. I was nervous so I didn't watch the timer, which only had like a minute left. I was too fixated on getting a legit KO on him for some reason and lost XD

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Got myself a lovely migraine last night from the cancer that is most Ness players on For Glory doubles. "PK Fire! PK Fire! PK Fire!". They don't spam it in 1v1 (or at least not as much) since they don't have a teammate to cover them but my god. My cousin and I left so many groups just so we didn't have to deal with the spam and I ended up quitting earlier than him for once thanks to my migraine.

And I have answers to PK Fire happy Ness players in Rosa, Falco and Toon Link but I'd rather not limit myself to 3 characters just to deal with someone who only knows how to use one move, plus no matter what character I use, I'm still gonna get a headache eventually from hearing him shout that damn move so many times.

Rant over, For Glory doubles can be cancer at times thanks to the likes of spammy Ness' (among other characters) and this post is mostly just to follow up a joke my cousin and I had last night where I said I should ***** to the Ness boards about some of the awful people who use their character.~

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Got myself a lovely migraine last night from the cancer that is most Ness players on For Glory doubles. "PK Fire! PK Fire! PK Fire!". They don't spam it in 1v1 (or at least not as much) since they don't have a teammate to cover them but my god. My cousin and I left so many groups just so we didn't have to deal with the spam and I ended up quitting earlier than him for once thanks to my migraine.

And I have answers to PK Fire happy Ness players in Rosa, Falco and Toon Link but I'd rather not limit myself to 3 characters just to deal with someone who only knows how to use one move, plus no matter what character I use, I'm still gonna get a headache eventually from hearing him shout that damn move so many times.

Rant over, For Glory doubles can be cancer at times thanks to the likes of spammy Ness' (among other characters) and this post is mostly just to follow up a joke my cousin and I had last night where I said I should ***** to the Ness boards about some of the awful people who use their character.~
I am never on For Glory, still gonna practice before I go there, so it wasn't me.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360

You don't need to use a different character to combat PKF spam. You need to learn how to use the shield.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
You don't need to use a different character to combat PKF spam. You need to learn how to use the shield.
Shield works until the partner of the Ness grabs you and there's lag to deal with too. Best john ever right there. Sides, it's a lot more fun to either reflect or absorb their spam or beat spammy Ness' with spam of my own that they can't absorb. Much more fun than repeatedly shielding PK Fires or heck short hopping over it and just fairing him. No point in trying to have a serious doubles match with someone who relies on a gimmick so we go for our own gimmicks xD

PK Burned!

(No offense to anyone)
None taken. As I said, my first post was largely a follow up from a joke anyways. Likewise, I mean no offense to any Ness players...least until their spam gives me a headache.

Last edited:

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace

Maybe it's because I'm weird, but this made my day.

Top Bottom