• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

SageEnder

Smash Cadet
NNID
carmLne
Over at the Kirby boards, we're doing the Ness MU this week! Hopefully some of you can drop by and give your thoughts on it. I'm not sure if many Ness mains have had experience against Kirby, so you can ask anybody over there if they'd like to play.

"Fuzzy Pickles!"
Can you link the thread?

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
So I didn't know about Citizens of Earth until the Direct yesterday. It reminds me so much like EarthBound that I think I might be interested in playing it.

Noa.

Smash Master
Have a link to the trailer?

Nvm I know what you're talking about. It looked kinda low quality to me though.

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Have a link to the trailer?

Nvm I know what you're talking about. It looked kinda low quality to me though.
Yeah, I'd really prefer a day where we get a new real EarthBound. I'm not sure if that day will ever come, but we can always hope, right?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Mother 4 was SUPPOSED to be released last month. I'm still waiting for that.
(Even though it's a fan made game)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

The Ness Amiibo looks far better in high quality.

I hope I'll be able to get one, I'm worried with how hard Amiibo seem to be to get. I need Ness and Pac-Man.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
nobody buys amiibos because they're pretty

nobody buys amiibos full stop lmao
I got mine for freeeeeeeeeeee from Nintendo <3

Actually if it means Ness will be able to appear in other games then that's awesomeeeee!

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Good lord, that Ness amiibo looks fantastic.

I'm definitely pre-ordering through my local Best Buy.

Noa.

Smash Master
I got mine for freeeeeeeeeeee from Nintendo <3

Actually if it means Ness will be able to appear in other games then that's awesomeeeee!
Why is Nintendo giving you a free amiibo?

Im wondering, couldn't they print the 3d model or are the printers not that accurate?
They could 3d print it, and it would be high quality. But 3d printing is expensive, especially on a massive scale. It wouldn't be cost effective for Nintendo.

In other news I went to another local tournament. Only a handful of good players but I got 2nd out of 32. The yoshi that I beat last Saturday in losers finals best me in winners semis this tournament. I went through losers and beat him in losers finals 3--1. In grand finals I went 0-3 against a diddy.

This past week I've been two three tournaments. I got 2nd, 4th, and 2nd again. Not too bad. I stayed consistent and only lost to good players. These are only small locals but not too bad if I do say so myself. In two days I'm going to our Florida regional, Paragon. There are 180 people pre-registered right now. If I get top 16 then I'll be satisfied. And it might be possible. We'll see.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
lucky. i had to fork over 64 dollars for a copy, plus 400 for a wii u premium pack.

also, i think the links are about to flame one of their spam threads :/ unfortunately i will probably be asleep when they do so, so i will be missing out on the live coverage.

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
250 usd is about 310 aud, plus the fact that target or jb hi fi sells for 30 dollars cheaper, also add the Australia tax, yeah, not that much cheaper...

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Do we have a combo thread? If an active poster wants to get us started I'm sure a lot of us will be looking to contribute and help them update it.

Do we have any combos outside of PKF and dthrow, for that matter? I haven't used dtilt or utilt as much as I should.

I think something like this is a good template.

Noa.

Smash Master
Uair and Nair can combo together sometimes. The timing is very strict. You land with uair.

Obviously dthrow into most of our aerials works. Fair combos into itself often. And I'm pretty sure that's it.

Oh utilt and uair can combo as well.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
A combo I use is when they respawn, run to the ledge, Jump ---> PK Fire ---> DJ ---> Fair ---> Uair ---> land ---> SH Nair

It works surprisingly well!

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I really want that Ness amiibo, I'll be setting some of my birthday money aside for it (since that's coming up next month).

But I keep hearing that certain amiibos are hard to get/find and people are saying Ness will be one of 'em.

Any of you guys got any experience with this? I ain't willing to pay outta my nose for a plastic figure.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
A combo thread would be rather simple for us. While Ness has combos, they're all VERY self-explanatory.

PKF into grab/usmash/dash attack
Uair into utilt
Utilt chains into itself at low percents
Dthrow into fair/nair/uair depending on DI

A few less obvious ones:

Dash attack into aerials at almost exactly 0%
Dtilt into bat (need to verify this, I tested it with friends and they said they couldn't escape)

A BnB of mine is dthrow, fair, DJ fair, PKT (the PKT is not a true combo, but a very easy read)

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
Hey so at paragon, this 180+ man tournament, I did pretty well today. In my bracket pool of 12 entrants I got 2nd. I lost 1st seed to Myran 0-3. It was quite convincing but a very fun set to play. My set against Myran was on twitch so I'll pull that vod up later. I'm guaranteed top 32 now! I hope I do well in bracket tomorrow.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I like using Dthrow -> FH Fair -> Fair -> PKF -> Dthrow -> Triple Fair at 0%. They almost always get hit with the PKF. If they go offstage instead of PKF I use a DJ Fair.

Also, some guy on FG accused me of camping with Ness with tags saying "SAD" "NOAPPROACH", when the only thing I did was run at him and shield or Fair. lol, that's salt if I've ever seen it.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh yeah - depending on the character and percentages, Uair can also chain into itself. :)

And congrats noa!!! I'm really excited for you! 180 man tournament is hectic! :D

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Gratz Draconoa. Knock em dead!

Btw, I just checked the results at the Xanadu tournament. I got 13th. Not too bad, but not great.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh my goodness guys!

There's a tip for Ness that says we should be using Fair (and Dair apparently but meah) to edge-guard people and "ruin their day". It's hilarious and awesome <3

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Hey so at paragon, this 180+ man tournament, I did pretty well today. In my bracket pool of 12 entrants I got 2nd. I lost 1st seed to Myran 0-3. It was quite convincing but a very fun set to play. My set against Myran was on twitch so I'll pull that vod up later. I'm guaranteed top 32 now! I hope I do well in bracket tomorrow.
Oh man I've been watching the Melee stream, congrats and good luck.

Also cheers for the combos guys.

Edit: live here i guess

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
Thanks guys. I'll try to do my best. I think that I'm the only Ness player in top 32. There are not a lot of good Nesses in FL lol. To be honest, bracket is going to be very hard. I just hope I do well. There's a very likely chance that I"ll just lose twice and just place 28th. I'm fine with that I went pretty far in tournament. If I make it to top 16 I'll be very happy though. We'll see.

Also I always finish my combos with a pk thunder. Pk thunder is almost always free when they're recovering.

Tikao

Smash Ace
i just realized how good of a killmove utilt can be (depending on our rage).
i just killed with it at 110% without it being DI-able.
so yeah, apparently that's a thing now.

i also started to realy like Usmash for landing lag punishes or punishing someone on a ledge.

for the landing part, they will probadly want to just land behind you when you're charging your usmash, but they'll get hit by the frame 6 yoyo behind you, if they land in front of you or airdodge, they get punished as well, so it covers quite some opotions.

as for the edge part, you can cover normal getup, getup attack and getup roll (when standing at a certain point) at the same time
so they either drop and regrab the ledge (which means no invi frames and it being punishable) or they jump .
Ness is kinda good at punishing the jump option with his aerials, so if we mix it up a bit, then Ness is good in that aspect.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Honestly, I never thought Ness would be my main in this game. But I just loved the way he feels. Him and Peach are easily my favorite characters in the game.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Congrats on 25th Noa, bad luck you didn't make it further. Well done taking a game from Ryo, he had a decent run through losers afterwards. You weren't on stream today, were you?

@ everyone confession i'm going to tier ***** diddy in serious tourneys, i hope you can all forgive me

Noa.

Smash Master
Thanks. I felt pretty good about my performance. It wa a big tournament and I'm not that good haha. But I want to improve to make it further next time. And I didnt play on stream today unfortunately lol. It's really fun playing on stream though.

Top Bottom